Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vikings

Load Metric
    Better call Saul and Vikings have really stood out

Load Metric
    Yea it was solid. Second season is still my favorite. They added 2 finnish actors to the cast this season that are known for among others from this movie...

Name:  Pahat_pojat.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  51.5 KB

...comedic criminal drama that's loosely based on real life story of 4 mentally unstable brothers who made their living tearing apart gas pumps, breaking in to post offices and one bank.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Yea it was solid. Second season is still my favorite. They added 2 finnish actors to the cast this season that are known for among others from this movie...

Name:  Pahat_pojat.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  51.5 KB

...comedic criminal drama that's loosely based on real life story of 4 mentally unstable brothers who made their living tearing apart gas pumps, breaking in to post offices and one bank.
    They should get Matti Nykänen

Comments

gimmick: maybe next season, if he's still alive

Baron Von Strucker: paging tine... whats his chances

Load Metric
    i... i have something in my eye... pardon me...
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    sorry random i dont pay attention to peoples opinions who have under triple digit rep.

If they don't mention Newfoundland fuck it

Load Metric
    Don't get why he is willing to die.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    sorry random i dont pay attention to peoples opinions who have under triple digit rep.

If they don't mention Newfoundland fuck it

They haven't found it yet?

lololololololololololololololololol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Don't get why he is willing to die.

i think they decided it would just be too nihilistic to basically let ragnar get tricked into dying in a pit of snakes after all we've been through with him, regardless of the fact that this is exactly how it happens in most of the the surviving ragnar legends (to the point where its accepted as fact).

honestly everything is getting a bit convoluted at this point. lagatha merc'ing ragnar's wife was surprising as well because she also has a long, storied history in her own right, as does bjorn, as does boneless. they are all the subject of legends. so for so many of them to be at each other's throats right now seems short sighted.

im a long way from losing faith tho, the writers have done a tremendous job so far.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    UHHHHHHHHH FLOKI QUIETLY CONVERTING TO ISLAM IS THE GREATEST GODDAMNED MOMENT IN TELEVISION HISTORY

Load Metric
    Well, they really did it. Ragnar to the pit of snakes. Not going to be a silly ass Jon Snow rising from the dead story line. The show has balls. See that it's not cancelled either(yet). Show is on the History Channel and they stayed with history, or legend, but they stayed true to the story. The snake pit scene was very well done.

Congrats Vikings!!! Very good series!!!

Load Metric
    At first I debated accepting Ragnar was dead for real but then it dawned on me...

If this show has legs and more years he had to die, each son has a story in history/myth and you cannot live on Ragnar being a comeback kid for years more. He HAD to die and I understand why the story has many more tales.

I was very impressed with how aged/battle tired his eldest son looked at the end on S4E16 standing on the hill, great make-up work.

What I hate seeing is Lagertha's dyed hair and dark roots, not period lol Also the guy who looked back at her after she awoke thinking and talking like it was Ragnar visiting/haunting her did NOT look like him at all, maybe a son there to kill her?

Any way great show but again only so many battles can be tolerated without plots changing so Raggy had to die.

Also I liked what King Egberts son said " but father what will you do" after his wife is touching his hand lol

Load Metric
    Im not complaining, mind you, but I liked it more when it was about reconciling old worlds and new worlds and cultures intersecting and melding.

This whole dynastic struggle for power is difficult to really lean into because it really kinda debases everyone involved.

I get that the show has evolved but I'd like to see the in-fighting and plotting shit get scaled way the fuck back in the next season.

Load Metric
    some very encouraging spoilers here:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3871125/vik...ally-revealed/

tl;dr: holy shit.

calling them spoilers isnt really fair because shit its history but apparently we are going to be getting into the warrior priest precursors of the Templars folks.

Load Metric
    you know, as bored as i am of the politics and head games, man did the last 10 minutes last night deliver.

also apparently historically accurate for bonus points.

Load Metric
    great fucking season

next season is going to be fire of my fucking fire and a half.

ecbert's last scene had my mouth hanging open. this show has fucking chops.

Load Metric
    also season 5 rumors... 20 eps, so im assuming they will take a mid-season break again.

usually they premier in feb but i cant see them taking a year off. so hopefully 10 eps in fall, and another ten in spring or something?

Load Metric
    That Ivar and his temper!

Load Metric
    im kinda confused at why they are turning ivar into a superheel. maybe im missing something but in none of the legends have i read anything about him being a total asshole, much less crazy.

Load Metric
    I heard that Sigurd outlived Ivar irl.

Load Metric
    Agreed, great year and finale, how far ahead do you think they jump next season, based on ending maybe 10-20 years? Curious how they catch us up.. any way great show, feel like this season went by too fast.

Thread Information