Thread: Thanks to Pink Floyd for Dark Side of the Moon.

Load Metric

Thanks to Pink Floyd for Dark Side of the Moon.

q
    Last edited by cleatus; 03-14-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    40 years old. Still as good as ever. headphones and subwoofer required.

NOT at all related. I saw a love pink shirt a while back, the individual wearing the shirt prompted me to think love stinky pink.

Quad mix required, nigga!
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i remember the time, a long time ago, i was getting high getting ready to go to a pink floyd concert. i put on animals and had a few friends over. all of us were taking hits. we were all baked.

i soon started focusing on the music, and the lambs were making noises, and i couldn't help to say to everyone "they're killing the lambs"..and no sooner did i say that, i transferred some type of dark/ominous feeling to everyone. the kind that hits you..and you feel it. it was almost some type of bad trip, hypnosis, or even mind/thought transference.

it effected me so much that i couldn't even go to the concert. i didn't smoke again after that as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i remember the time, a long time ago, i was getting high getting ready to go to a pink floyd concert. i put on animals and had a few friends over. all of us were taking hits. we were all baked.

i soon started focusing on the music, and the lambs were making noises, and i couldn't help to say to everyone "they're killing the lambs"..and no sooner did i say that, i transferred some type of dark/ominous feeling to everyone. the kind that hits you..and you feel it. it was almost some type of bad trip, hypnosis, or even mind/thought transference.

it affected me so much that i couldn't even go to the concert. i didn't smoke again after that as well.
    Crazy story. Are you saying you've never smoked since that night?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Great album and great band. I was recently having a conversation where the question was posed, "if you could only listen to one band the rest of your life, who would it be?" and Floyd was definitely on my top five list.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

it affected me so much that i couldn't even go to the concert. i didn't smoke again after that as well.
    yes. it triggers something awful. almost a helpless psychosis like feeling. it wasn't always an awful place....it use to be a great place to go and be in touch w/ everything around you. but after that night, i didn't think i would be able to come back to reality.

horrible, just horrible..what made it so strange is that i was able to project this feeling onto others. nobody could explain that night.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

yes. it triggers something awful. almost a helpless psychosis like feeling. it wasn't always an awful place....it use to be a great place to go and be in touch w/ everything around you. but after that night, i didn't think i would be able to come back to reality.

horrible, just horrible..what made it so strange is that i was able to project this feeling onto others. nobody could explain that night.
    Yeah that's the definition of a bad trip. Everything lined up to go as planned and then not so much. Had a couple of acid/mushroom trips turn out that way. One was my first time in Vegas. Wooo

Load Metric
    If you like Floyd and have never seen Live at Pompeii, do yourself a favor and watch this video. It's a full length movie that includes a lot of the recording of Dark Side and a lot of live recordings from their earlier work, mostly Meddle. It starts off with a killer version of Echoes. Skip to 9:18 for one of the greatest 3 minute jam sessions ever.

Also, this is the documentary about the making of Dark Side. It's fantastic.

Pink Floyd is, IMO, the greatest band there has ever been. For me it's Floyd, The Beatles and then everything else.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 03-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Thread Information