Thread: Watching a special on people addicted to OXYs and assorted pills

Bronze
    Load Metric

Watching a special on people addicted to OXYs and assorted pills

I presume we all have some sort of addiction. For instance, China's addiction appears to be 2X Sausage deep dish pizza, no offense China it is what it is. We all know my addiction.

But I can quit for weeks at a time from Alcohol, just like China can abstain from the double peperoni. But the pill junky, what the fuck is your problem? Why do you jones for pills all the time? Especially facing shit like homelessness or prison?

Load Metric
    I was once given 18 Percs after I had my wisdom teeth removed. I enjoyed taking these pills. One a day when I got home from work and I looked forward to it. When I only had a few left I realized I could be in trouble once I ran out. After my 17th pill I quit cold turkey. It's been two years and I still have that last perc.

Now I'm taking Xanax on an as needed basis but, while I enjoy taking them, I can't see myself becoming addicted.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post
    I presume we all have some sort of addiction. For instance, China's addiction appears to be 2X Sausage deep dish pizza, no offense China it is what it is. We all know my addiction.

But I can quit for weeks at a time from Alcohol, just like China can abstain from the double peperoni. But the pill junky, what the fuck is your problem? Why do you jones for pills all the time? Especially facing shit like homelessness or prison?
    Because its not a "jones" like cokeheads or potheads (to some extent) go through. Its an actual physical
    addiction thaat can cause the worst sickness imagineable for weeks then deep depression long after that.

The pills im speaking of arent percs and the like though, more like oxys dilaudids and eventually heroin. The real idiocy comes from learning about this your whole life then diving into it anyway. Im sure theres users on here that have experienced it firsthand.

Ironically the two deaths ive seen in my area of people i had at least met once were not because of extended use. Since they werent heavy users their bodies couldnt handle the amount some "friend" gave them. The line between a great high and an overdose is just paper thin and they ended up on the wrong side of it.

Watch the documentary heroin highway sometime. Even if you learn nothing from it (u should) its still cool the way they show the gangster side of it and how pharmaceuticals have taken over powders big time on the east coast

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

Because its not a "jones" like cokeheads or potheads (to some extent) go through. Its an actual physical
    addiction thaat can cause the worst sickness imagineable for weeks then deep depression long after that.

The pills im speaking of arent percs and the like though, more like oxys dilaudids and eventually heroin. The real idiocy comes from learning about this your whole life then diving into it anyway. Im sure theres users on here that have experienced it firsthand.

Ironically the two deaths ive seen in my area of people i had at least met once were not because of extended use. Since they werent heavy users their bodies couldnt handle the amount some "friend" gave them. The line between a great high and an overdose is just paper thin and they ended up on the wrong side of it.

Watch the documentary heroin highway sometime. Even if you learn nothing from it (u should) its still cool the way they show the gangster side of it and how pharmaceuticals have taken over powders big time on the east coast
    Interesting. I guess why I can easily quit drinking on a dime is due to my intellectual stamina. But the whole physically addicted deal is a whole different angle. Someone told me once the only way to get a meth head to quit smoking is to literally strap them down.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

Interesting. I guess why I can easily quit drinking on a dime is due to my intellectual stamina. But the whole physically addicted deal is a whole different angle. Someone told me once the only way to get a meth head to quit smoking is to literally strap them down.
    Alcohol is one of the most physically addicted substances out there. Withdrawal symptoms for a heavy alcoholic is basically hell on earth consuming their mind with terrible thoughts while seriously fucking up their body at the same time. Withdrawing from opiates or stimulants is rarely life threatening. It is the benzodiazepines which work simiilar to the brain as alcohol does which are the hardest on your body during withdrawal.

Be careful with Xanax. If you get hooked on that it will be VERY hard to stop and is a benzo

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post

Alcohol is one of the most physically addicted substances out there. Withdrawal symptoms for a heavy alcoholic is basically hell on earth consuming their mind with terrible thoughts while seriously fucking up their body at the same time. Withdrawing from opiates or stimulants is rarely life threatening. It is the benzodiazepines which work simiilar to the brain as alcohol does which are the hardest on your body during withdrawal.

Be careful with Xanax. If you get hooked on that it will be VERY hard to stop and is a benzo
    This guy knows his stuff

Bronze
    Load Metric

Alcohol is pretty easy to beat. I went 2 months earlier this year with no drink. It's not hard. Now don't get me wrong, its a terrible disease. A few years ago I would have suggested this was self inflicted. But after 4 years of Obama I am terribly afflicted and eventually you fuckers will pay for my liver disease, so get that up in your head.

I am going to do 5 shots and you greasy fucking liberals will pay for it. And I will laugh in your fucking face as I do another shot.

Load Metric
    We all know my disease
    have they found a cure for hoof-in-mouth disease yet
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Banned
    Load Metric

Alcohol is pretty easy to beat. I went 2 months earlier this year with no drink. It's not hard. Now don't get me wrong, its a terrible disease. A few years ago I would have suggested this was self inflicted. But after 4 years of Obama I am terribly afflicted and eventually you fuckers will pay for my liver disease, so get that up in your head.

I am going to do 5 shots and you greasy fucking liberals will pay for it. And I will laugh in your fucking face as I do another shot.

Like any addiction it is all relative. Chances are you were not a heavy alcoholic like Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas. That is the kind of addiction to alcohol I am talking about. If you are heavily addicted to alcohol there is nothing worse on the body and mind except for maybe a bad meth addiction.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    My addiction is greyhound/horse racing. Always been an action junkie but have turned it into my career/employment. Once you get the sniff of a big tri-super or pick 6 you are hooked for life. The game is on a surge the last few years since the implement of online wagering and rebate systems.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyErnie View Post
    My addiction is greyhound/horse racing. Always been an action junkie but have turned it into my career/employment. Once you get the sniff of a big tri-super or pick 6 you are hooked for life. The game is on a surge the last few years since the implement of online wagering and rebate systems.
    That game is beatable?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    That game is beatable?
    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...etting_pr.html

Load Metric
    hey Ernie do you play any of the tracks live in SoFla. Hollywood Dog Track now Mardi Gras, PB Kennel Club, do you like thoroughbreds or the trotters

I like GulfStream and Calder both beautiful tracks, almost never bet on TV races unless i get a hot tip, i look at em and pick, also never been to Hialeah down in the ghetto, most of the dogs tracks down here were built by Meyer Lansky itt, my dad started taking me to the tracks since i was a little kid

there should be a racing forum (pun intended) on this site
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Thread Information