Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***Serious Business*** Need Help With sleeping 6 STR8 hours at night

Load Metric

***Serious Business*** Need Help With sleeping 6 STR8 hours at night

can only sleep 2-3 hours in a row which is messed up but I manage to work 8-9 hours a day, then I will catch an hour or two in the evening (old fart jokes to ensue) the reason I bring this up is I see a lot of peeps here at odd hours of the day and night (like moi) , taking time zones into consideration, so I believe i am in good company, not interesting in sleeping pills, I don't exercise which may be the answer but I have lost 25lbs in 14 weeks without exercising, one other important fact, I take a water pill 2x's a day which is the likely culprit ANY IDEAS

Load Metric
    I'm working nights right now. Next week I work days.

I'm the last guy that should ever give sleep advice but I know I sleep better when I wear earplugs.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    i hear alteril works well

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mallatonin - get some @ walgreens.

Go to bed 15-16 hrs after u wake up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Mallatonin - get some @ walgreens.

Go to bed 15-16 hrs after u wake up.
    ty worth a try

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    go to your doctor and get him to sign you up for a sleep test (overnight stay at a hospital were they watch you sleep) overweight and poor sleeping = sleep apnea have you had people say that you snore loads or very bad the good thing if this is your problem it can a lot of the time be solve without drugs eg: weight loss / oxygen mask

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    can only sleep 2-3 hours in a row which is messed up but I manage to work 8-9 hours a day, then I will catch an hour or two in the evening (old fart jokes to ensue) the reason I bring this up is I see a lot of peeps here at odd hours of the day and night (like moi) , taking time zones into consideration, so I believe i am in good company, not interesting in sleeping pills, I don't exercise which may be the answer but I have lost 25lbs in 14 weeks without exercising, one other important fact, I take a water pill 2x's a day which is the likely culprit ANY IDEAS
    a few questions

are you overweight?

do you sleep at a regular time?

do drink/eat anything with a stimulant at night?

have you got an overactive mind?

are you under any sort of stress?

are you well hung?

Load Metric
    Allow me to point out the obvious points that you already knew about but, for some reason, ignored them and asked for other ideas anyway.

1. Stop taking the water pills.
    2. Exercise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    a few questions

are you overweight? working on it, lost 28 lbs in 14 weeks but need to lose 50 more

do you sleep at a regular time? no, this freakin site keeps me up

do drink/eat anything with a stimulant at night? good question, going to call my Dr and ask about the water pill

have you got an overactive mind? YES

are you under any sort of stress? YES

are you well hung? none of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Allow me to point out the obvious points that you already knew about but, for some reason, ignored them and asked for other ideas anyway.

1. Stop taking the water pills. my Dr said to take the 2nd one b4 5pm if i forget then i just skip it, this has helped sleeping was worse used to get up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours

2. Exercise. for sure Crowe have to get moving on that deff sleep better with physical exertion

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hold on. there's usually good info on the internetz. even in the most unlikely of places.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...-review-thread

Load Metric
    melatonin and a sleep mask. Get a mask from ebay for maybe $3-4

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Why not just rub one out?

yw
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What has been waking you up?

Dreams?

Noises?

Need to piss?

Can't figure it out?

Sometimes if you kill the source of the disturbance, you will sleep better. For example, if you are waking up needing to piss, maybe drink less a few hours before bed.

Personally, I am thankful that I do not have sleep issues. Every once in awhile (probably a few times a year) I got insomnia for a night and it's absolutely awful to deal with. I can't imagine dealing with that on a regular basis.

My ability to sleep is actually so good that I have no body clock, and simply need to get the right number of hours of sleep over a period of days. I can "build up" sleep and then get by on very little right after that, or I can sleep 14 hours to correct a sleep deficit. I am never affected by jet lag. I never am awakened by a "body clock". When I worked, I could easily sleep in on the weekends despite getting up early for the prior 5 days. I guess I'm lucky in that sense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

1. Stop taking the water pills.
    2. Exercise.
    this

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    What has been waking you up?

Dreams?

Noises?

Need to piss?

Can't figure it out?

Sometimes if you kill the source of the disturbance, you will sleep better. For example, if you are waking up needing to piss, maybe drink less a few hours before bed.

Personally, I am thankful that I do not have sleep issues. Every once in awhile (probably a few times a year) I got insomnia for a night and it's absolutely awful to deal with. I can't imagine dealing with that on a regular basis.

My ability to sleep is actually so good that I have no body clock, and simply need to get the right number of hours of sleep over a period of days. I can "build up" sleep and then get by on very little right after that, or I can sleep 14 hours to correct a sleep deficit. I am never affected by jet lag. I never am awakened by a "body clock". When I worked, I could easily sleep in on the weekends despite getting up early for the prior 5 days. I guess I'm lucky in that sense.

Same for me. I have also worked/lived with various schedules that can change pretty quickly, which maybe helps that? I can fall asleep if I am tired at any time of the day, in practically any place, if I am tired enough and need some rest.

I can do the "build up" or "catching up" also, but I feel considerably worse while doing so. I try to get a solid 7-8 hours a day, but the times might vary.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I sleep 8 hrs a night solid but my g/f can doze off wake up 20 times a night,had many tests in London but no answers.She has just invested in my latest BAP tho.Share still available

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by YUUP View Post
    I sleep 8 hrs a night solid but my g/f can doze off wake up 20 times a night,had many tests in London but no answers.She has just invested in my latest BAP tho.Share still available
    HOF first post after lurking for 7 months.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I find that a good session of copulation does the trick in knocking me out fast. Sometimes I am out cold before the last rope has dribbled out. Only problem with falling asleep immediately after ejaculating is that if you wake up in the middle of the night to piss, the pee will come out at a weird angle.

If you do not have a partner, masturbating also works, but it takes a little longer to get to sleep, and not as much fun.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Other problems are sheets/duvet/pants stuck to your cock.......apparently.This isn't helping OP is it?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I go through my share of random insomnia as well and nothing really helps to sleep a long period of time and I refuse to take any over the counter pills. I'll go like six weeks of sleeping fine then all the sudden insomnia comes and the next week to two weeks I can't sleep more then 3-4 hours at a time and some days feel like I'm dragging ass.

Of course for some people diet, weight, exercise, stress,etc... can play a big part but for others you can have none of those and still have insomnia issues.

Nothing works great for me when I have insomnia but some things have helped me such as different breathing exercises and stuff to clear my mind. The worst thing you can do is get frustrated because you can't sleep so you lay there and keep thinking to yourself "Come on, I wish I could fall asleep this sucks". Your better off just getting up for a while because if your mind is too set on that then you won't fall asleep.

Thread Information