Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great Albums From Beginning To End...

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Why lol?
    Because I saw the thread title with one reply, and I thought "I wonder how many replies it will take for some jerkoff to mention Nirvana. I bet it's that one reply." Sure enough.

Not really knocking the pick, I just think they are vastly overrated simply because their lead singer decided to blow his brains out. Had he not done that, their music would have faded into obscurity like every other cookie cutter grunge band.

I'm not really that big of Nirvana fan, but this comment is absurd. Nevermind is a great album with all killer, no filler. Just another example of azzclown hating on the home team. "Every other cookie cutter grunge band"?? Gimme a break. How about an example from you Anal relating to the topic?

Speaking of which:

I'm going to leave The Beatles and Zeppelin out as their body of work speaks for itself. I'm only listing records that I actually own.

The Who - Who's Next

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers obv (good call Vegas) plus Beggars Banquet and Exile on Main Street

Guns and Roses - Appetite for Destruction (Use Your Illusions would have made 1 killer record instead we have two uneven ones)

Van Halen - Van Halen and Diver Down

AC DC - Highway to Hell and Back in Black

Stone Temple Pilots - Tiny Music...Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop and Shangri La Dee Da

Oasis - What's the story, morning glory?

The Black Crowes - Amorica and Threes Snakes

Panic at the Disco - Pretty. Odd

Green Day - Warning, American Idiot and Stop Drop and Roll!

The Foo Fighters - The Colour and the shape

The White Stripes - Elephant

Steve Miller Band - Book of Dreams

Radiohead - OK Computer

Barenaked Ladies - Gordon

Pearl Jam - Ten

REM - Green

Showing my age with this list...

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Because I saw the thread title with one reply, and I thought "I wonder how many replies it will take for some jerkoff to mention Nirvana. I bet it's that one reply." Sure enough.

Not really knocking the pick, I just think they are vastly overrated simply because their lead singer decided to blow his brains out. Had he not done that, their music would have faded into obscurity like every other cookie cutter grunge band.

I'm not really that big of Nirvana fan, but this comment is absurd. Nevermind is a great album with all killer, no filler. Just another example of azzclown hating on the home team. "Every other cookie cutter grunge band"?? Gimme a break. How about an example from you Anal relating to the topic?

Speaking of which:

I'm going to leave The Beatles and Zeppelin out as their body of work speaks for itself. I'm only listing records that I actually own.

The Who - Who's Next

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers obv (good call Vegas) plus Beggars Banquet and Exile on Main Street

Guns and Roses - Appetite for Destruction (Use Your Illusions would have made 1 killer record instead we have two uneven ones)

Van Halen - Van Halen and Diver Down

AC DC - Highway to Hell and Back in Black

Stone Temple Pilots - Tiny Music...Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop and Shangri La Dee Da

Oasis - What's the story, morning glory?

The Black Crowes - Amorica and Threes Snakes

Panic at the Disco - Pretty. Odd

Green Day - Warning, American Idiot and Stop Drop and Roll!

The Foo Fighters - The Colour and the shape

The White Stripes - Elephant

Steve Miller Band - Book of Dreams

Radiohead - OK Computer

Barenaked Ladies - Gordon

Pearl Jam - Ten

REM - Green

Showing my age with this list...
    This was my shit for an entire year in college. Doesn't hurt that he's cute too.

Name:  panic-at-the-disco.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  168.0 KB

Load Metric
    People like you and others like to think Cobains lyrics and music were so deep and introspective, when by his own admission, he doesn't even remember writing half of them, and the ones he does remember writing he usually wrote in 15 minutes. Dave Grohl was by far the most talented musician in that band, and I would rather to listen to Foo Fighters than some dipshit who sounds like he has a load stuck in his throat. I can't list my own because I don't think ANY album is great from beginning to end. There is always at least one pile of shit on every album. Closest anything comes is probably Thriller.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Like Tonybags, only going to mention albums that I actually own/owned:

The best album ever made is: Yes 90125. Listening to this album is like a religious experience for me that I can't explain.

The odd thing about this is while I like certain songs from other albums I don't particularly care for them as a whole.

Also think Def Leppard Pyromania & High & Dry are also killer from first to last song & I never skip ahead.

Tonybags already mentioned my others: Back in Black, Highway to Hell, & Gordon. All great choices.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Great music for fucking.

Load Metric
    Someone please explain to me all the Radiohead love? I never got it and I think I somehow should have.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Someone please explain to me all the Radiohead love? I never got it and I think I somehow should have.
    I agree. I've tried. Its awful to me.

some picks, besides some of the obvious ones you guys have mentioned: (the Floyds and Zepps)

Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
    Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend
    Metallica - And Justice For All
    3rd Bass - The Cactus Cee/d
    Pearl Jam - Ten
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic
    Van Halen - Van Halen
    Rush - Hold Your Fire
    Bob Marley - Legend
    Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks (64-71)
    Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
    Last edited by DRK Star; 01-04-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Load Metric
    People like you and others like to think Cobains lyrics and music were so deep and introspective, when by his own admission, he doesn't even remember writing half of them, and the ones he does remember writing he usually wrote in 15 minutes. Dave Grohl was by far the most talented musician in that band, and I would rather to listen to Foo Fighters than some dipshit who sounds like he has a load stuck in his throat. I can't list my own because I don't think ANY album is great from beginning to end. There is always at least one pile of shit on every album. Closest anything comes is probably Thriller.
    You remind me of a good friend of mine who is also a negative creep. That must be why your trolling and constant negativity rarely annoys me.

When did I ever say anything about Cobain's lyrics?? Nevermind is a great, consistent record period and deserves to be on this list. It's totally played out and I havent listed to it in years but that doesnt change the fact that it's a great record.

I agree with you completely on Dave Grohl and frankly I could have listed any Foo Fighters album on this list. He is a uber talent and makes great, great records. I much prefer The Foo over Nirvana, but that's also because Nirvana hasnt released any records in the last 19 years.

"I can't list my own because I don't think ANY album is great from beginning to end. There is always at least one pile of shit on every album." - Anal Hershiser

That is the least surprising thing I've heard all day. Classic Azzclown, what a grumpapotamus you are.

Load Metric
    Sublime - second hand smoke

Queensryche - operation mindcrime

Load Metric
    Emotionally charged and impeccably produced, creates great atmosphere and tension, shows their influencers without ripping them off, musically top shelf, and capable of a stunningly beautiful live show. Not afraid to be quiet or to make all sorts of crazy noises. The album art is always worth flipping through, the videos are all over the place in some ways but all quite interesting, and they can make the rest of the world disappear completely when you put one of their albums on. Gripping and enveloping at times.

OK Computer & some decent headphones should do the trick. If you don't care after that, fuck it, nobody likes everything. If you want a little more standard rock without the electronic stuff, The Bends will do in a pinch, but I think OK is by far their masterpiece.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Emotionally charged and impeccably produced, creates great atmosphere and tension, shows their influencers without ripping them off, musically top shelf, and capable of a stunningly beautiful live show. Not afraid to be quiet or to make all sorts of crazy noises. The album art is always worth flipping through, the videos are all over the place in some ways but all quite interesting, and they can make the rest of the world disappear completely when you put one of their albums on. Gripping and enveloping at times.

OK Computer & some decent headphones should do the trick. If you don't care after that, fuck it, nobody likes everything. If you want a little more standard rock without the electronic stuff, The Bends will do in a pinch, but I think OK is by far their masterpiece.

Name:  thom-derp.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  84.7 KB

Load Metric

Well put Crowe.

4D, take a draw off your pipe, pour a couple of shots, basically do whatever you like and put your headphones on and give this a whirl.

Load Metric
    Nevermind is a great, consistent record period and deserves to be on this list.
    Negative. Nevermind is a better than average album that has a few bright spots, but is also littered with Kurt Cobain gibberish nonsense. He's like 408 with a guitar. Without google, I bet not one single person could name every song from that album. I would also bet that most nirvana "fans" couldn't list more than 2 or 3 songs from that album without cheating. Good band. Good album. Not a great band. Or a great album.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Well put Crowe.

4D, take a draw off your pipe, pour a couple of shots, basically do whatever you like and put your headphones on and give this a whirl.

Don't get it. You have them open any rock band(name withheld) and they get booed off the stage imo. Lotus flower and Karma police is good though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Don't get it. You have them open any rock band(name withheld) and they get booed off the stage imo.
    Well, good thing its been 20 years since they had to open for anyone, I guess.

Load Metric
    The Cult- Sonic Temple

Megadeth- Countdown to Extinction

GNR- Appetite For Destruction

Dokken- Back For the Attack

Metallica- And Justice For All

Pantera- Cowboys From Hell
    Last edited by Fergie72; 01-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Bronze
    Load Metric
    beatles:rubber soul,revolver

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie72 View Post
    The Cult- Sonic Temple

Name:  accurate.gif
Views: 186
Size:  396.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie72 View Post
    The Cult- Sonic Temple

Fergie wins this thread.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

Fergie wins this thread.
    Thank you gentlemen. You both clearly have excellent taste in music!
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Thread Information