Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Yuuuup! Dave Hester Sues Storage Wars saying show is...fake??

  1. #1

    Yuuuup! Dave Hester Sues Storage Wars saying show is...fake??

    Shocking developments here, apparently this show is not "reality" after all.

    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ter-show-faked

    Storage Wars Sued By Its Star; Show Is Faked And Execs Were Confronted By Cast, Court Papers Charge

    By David Perel - Executive Vice President/Managing Editor Radar


    “Yuuupp,” Dave Hester has filed a blockbuster lawsuit against Storage Wars, RadarOnline.com is reporting exclusively.

    Hester, one of the show’s best-known personalities who is infamous for his brash “Yuuup” while bidding on storage lockers, charges that the A&E hit show is fake and fired him in retaliation days after he complained about it to network and production company executives.

    Radar broke the story that the reality TV show picked up Hester’s contract option and then rescinded it for season four. Now, in the lawsuit filed by Los Angeles top attorney Marty Singer, the show is accused of illegal activity and an ongoing pattern of outrageous behavior in deceiving the public.

    The suit contains numerous bombshell claims, including that that the network and producers regularly “salt” lockers with valuable items to add drama to the show, rig the bidding and even paid for a female cast member’s plastic surgery to add sex appeal!

    In the five-count multi-million dollar lawsuit filed in California, Hester makes detailed and explosive allegations against the show, which the network has previously defended as 100% real and not staged.

    He also says that cast members confronted executives at an in-person meeting this year and expressed theirconcern over the show being rigged.

    Hester says was fired days after meeting with executives and subsequently asking to be indemnified by the show for any third party claims regarding “the authenticity of the auction process and the Series.”

    In a suit that is sure to cause ripples through the show and the network, Hester charges:

    Producers staged entire units and enlisted the cooperation of owners of storage facilities to do so.
    The show pays for storage lockers for “weaker” cast members as part of the manipulation
    The show plants items in lockers after having them appraised weeks in advance
    The show obtains items to be placed in the units from a business regularly featured on air

    In addition, Hester charges that interviews with cast members are scripted and scenes of biding are faked to the extent that there are no auctions taking place while cast members and members of the public are shown bidding.

    But perhaps the suit’s biggest bombshell is the charge that cast members, along with Hester, met with executives this year and expressed their concerns about the show being faked.

    “The truth is that Defendants regularly salt or plant the storage lockers that are the subject of the auctions portrayed on the Series with valuable or unusual items to create drama and suspense for the show,” the suit alleges.

    On Sept. 6, Hester and some other cast members met with Neil Cohen, A&E’s senior vice president, talent & production to express their concerns about this alleged practice. In the meeting Hester complained “that he believed that it was illegal for Defendants to continue to salt the storage units,” the suit alleges. “The other cast members present agreed with Hester that Defendants’ conduct was inappropriate and possibly illegal.”

    After that meeting Hester and the rest of cast met with Cohen, Jeff Bumgarner, the series producer, Ernest Avila, the production company’s executive vice president of business and legal affairs. The issue of “salting” units again was discussed and according to the suit, “Bumgarner got angry and didn’t want to hear anything more about salting units. Cohen admitted he was aware of the salting issue but didn’t know the extent, as described by Hester. Avila identified two AETN executive who he indicated knew the scope of the salting issue and who had been aware that the storage units were salted from the beginning of the series.”

    The end for Hester began on Sept. 18 when his entertainment attorney Stephen Barnes sent a letter to Avila requesting the star be indemnified by the show for any third party claims regarding “the authenticity of the auction process and the Series.”

    According to the suit, “Defendants response to this request was to fire Hester from the Series.” Avila sent Hester a letter on October 1 rescinding exercise of his option for Cycle 4. “Avila’s letter cited Barnes Sept. 12 letter in which ‘Barnes had requested, among other things, that Defendants indemnify Hester,’” the suit charges.

    Hester goes on to detail how the show was fixed from the beginning. He claims producers asked him to find and place his own valuable items in the lockers in Season One. Hester agreed atfirst and then complained.

    The result, he charges in court, is that the other contestants’ lockers were salted by the producers, giving those contestants a competitive advantage. Hester again complained.

    The show amped up its outrageous conduct in season three, the suit contends, sparking more concern from Hester.

    Now he is seeking millions for breach of contract, wrongful termination in violation of public policy and three other counts.

    An A&E spokesperson told Radar: "We do not know about a lawsuit being filed and we do not comment on pending or threatened litigation."

    But the network is clearly lagging in terms of keeping up with events because the suit was filed Tuesday morning in Los Angeles Superior Court and RadarOnline has a copy.

  2. #2
    Does this really surprise anyone?

    I've posted this before, but once again it is relevant.


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Shocking developments here, apparently this show is not "reality" after all.

    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ter-show-faked

    Storage Wars Sued By Its Star; Show Is Faked And Execs Were Confronted By Cast, Court Papers Charge

    By David Perel - Executive Vice President/Managing Editor Radar


    “Yuuupp,” Dave Hester has filed a blockbuster lawsuit against Storage Wars, RadarOnline.com is reporting exclusively.

    Hester, one of the show’s best-known personalities who is infamous for his brash “Yuuup” while bidding on storage lockers, charges that the A&E hit show is fake and fired him in retaliation days after he complained about it to network and production company executives.

    Radar broke the story that the reality TV show picked up Hester’s contract option and then rescinded it for season four. Now, in the lawsuit filed by Los Angeles top attorney Marty Singer, the show is accused of illegal activity and an ongoing pattern of outrageous behavior in deceiving the public.

    The suit contains numerous bombshell claims, including that that the network and producers regularly “salt” lockers with valuable items to add drama to the show, rig the bidding and even paid for a female cast member’s plastic surgery to add sex appeal!

    In the five-count multi-million dollar lawsuit filed in California, Hester makes detailed and explosive allegations against the show, which the network has previously defended as 100% real and not staged.

    He also says that cast members confronted executives at an in-person meeting this year and expressed theirconcern over the show being rigged.

    Hester says was fired days after meeting with executives and subsequently asking to be indemnified by the show for any third party claims regarding “the authenticity of the auction process and the Series.”

    In a suit that is sure to cause ripples through the show and the network, Hester charges:

    Producers staged entire units and enlisted the cooperation of owners of storage facilities to do so.
    The show pays for storage lockers for “weaker” cast members as part of the manipulation
    The show plants items in lockers after having them appraised weeks in advance
    The show obtains items to be placed in the units from a business regularly featured on air

    In addition, Hester charges that interviews with cast members are scripted and scenes of biding are faked to the extent that there are no auctions taking place while cast members and members of the public are shown bidding.

    But perhaps the suit’s biggest bombshell is the charge that cast members, along with Hester, met with executives this year and expressed their concerns about the show being faked.

    “The truth is that Defendants regularly salt or plant the storage lockers that are the subject of the auctions portrayed on the Series with valuable or unusual items to create drama and suspense for the show,” the suit alleges.

    On Sept. 6, Hester and some other cast members met with Neil Cohen, A&E’s senior vice president, talent & production to express their concerns about this alleged practice. In the meeting Hester complained “that he believed that it was illegal for Defendants to continue to salt the storage units,” the suit alleges. “The other cast members present agreed with Hester that Defendants’ conduct was inappropriate and possibly illegal.”

    After that meeting Hester and the rest of cast met with Cohen, Jeff Bumgarner, the series producer, Ernest Avila, the production company’s executive vice president of business and legal affairs. The issue of “salting” units again was discussed and according to the suit, “Bumgarner got angry and didn’t want to hear anything more about salting units. Cohen admitted he was aware of the salting issue but didn’t know the extent, as described by Hester. Avila identified two AETN executive who he indicated knew the scope of the salting issue and who had been aware that the storage units were salted from the beginning of the series.”

    The end for Hester began on Sept. 18 when his entertainment attorney Stephen Barnes sent a letter to Avila requesting the star be indemnified by the show for any third party claims regarding “the authenticity of the auction process and the Series.”

    According to the suit, “Defendants response to this request was to fire Hester from the Series.” Avila sent Hester a letter on October 1 rescinding exercise of his option for Cycle 4. “Avila’s letter cited Barnes Sept. 12 letter in which ‘Barnes had requested, among other things, that Defendants indemnify Hester,’” the suit charges.

    Hester goes on to detail how the show was fixed from the beginning. He claims producers asked him to find and place his own valuable items in the lockers in Season One. Hester agreed atfirst and then complained.

    The result, he charges in court, is that the other contestants’ lockers were salted by the producers, giving those contestants a competitive advantage. Hester again complained.

    The show amped up its outrageous conduct in season three, the suit contends, sparking more concern from Hester.

    Now he is seeking millions for breach of contract, wrongful termination in violation of public policy and three other counts.

    An A&E spokesperson told Radar: "We do not know about a lawsuit being filed and we do not comment on pending or threatened litigation."

    But the network is clearly lagging in terms of keeping up with events because the suit was filed Tuesday morning in Los Angeles Superior Court and RadarOnline has a copy.
    Basically Hester (and the cast apparently) were concerned that they were involved in illegal activity, and if they were planting stuff and not having real auctions it would classify as bid rigging and it is a federal felony.

    They had every right to be concerned, because if the Feds really wanted to they could come after them. I am sure for the cast and the type of cash business they are in, they wanted no part of that in any way shape or form. Having the feds look into your finances and other personal stuff would be a very, very, bad thing.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Basically Hester (and the cast apparently) were concerned that they were involved in illegal activity, and if they were planting stuff and not having real auctions it would classify as bid rigging and it is a federal felony.

    They had every right to be concerned, because if the Feds really wanted to they could come after them. I am sure for the cast and the type of cash business they are in, they wanted no part of that in any way shape or form. Having the feds look into your finances and other personal stuff would be a very, very, bad thing.
    How is it that illegal if they're not real auctions? Then it's just acting in a scene.

    Unless they are real auctions that get tampered with. I am surprised any storage company would allow that to happen.

  5. #5
    and even paid for a female cast member’s plastic surgery to add sex appeal!





  6. #6
    Supposedly Clean limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    39
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Friends............................ Bubbles & Bubbles
    Posts
    3,408
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    and even paid for a female cast member’s plastic surgery to add sex appeal!




    If that's a boob job she should sue the surgeon.

    Say that 5 times fast.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post





    If that's a boob job she should sue the surgeon.

    Say that 5 times fast.
    It isn't that is just hella bra padding.

    Here tits aren't really that big and if she lost some excess weight they would be pretty small.

    Watch in any other episodes they are average but for her build not big at all.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Basically Hester (and the cast apparently) were concerned that they were involved in illegal activity, and if they were planting stuff and not having real auctions it would classify as bid rigging and it is a federal felony.

    They had every right to be concerned, because if the Feds really wanted to they could come after them. I am sure for the cast and the type of cash business they are in, they wanted no part of that in any way shape or form. Having the feds look into your finances and other personal stuff would be a very, very, bad thing.
    How is it that illegal if they're not real auctions? Then it's just acting in a scene.

    Unless they are real auctions that get tampered with. I am surprised any storage company would allow that to happen.
    The charge is they ARE real auctions, but tampered with ahead of time. Also that all the other bidders are not real, along with people purposely driving up bids with no intention to buy. If you watch the show this is a common theme with the cast, their "bidding them up" just trying to jack the price up. This is also illegal.

    These people make cash transactions ALL the time, the last thing they want is the feds snooping around their books. With them being "famous" some overzealous prosecutor could easily target them if he caught wind something wasn't on the up and up with these auctions.

  9. #9
    Supposedly Clean limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    39
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Friends............................ Bubbles & Bubbles
    Posts
    3,408
    snip snip


  10. #10
    Brandi used to be a stripper and there are suppose to be some nude photos of her floating around. I havn't been able to find them. Anyone else?

  11. #11
    her husband had quite the pedostache when he got arrested back in the 90's


  12. #12
    Contributor Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Reputation
    244
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,389
    Love all the auction shows but I don't delude myself into believing they're anything but staged.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

  13. #13
    I get irrationally angry they gush over how some old junky crap has to be worth a decent amount of money and they turn out to be correct. This doesn't happen when I watch Pawn Stars.

  14. #14
    According to the article Jarrod pleaded guilty to methamphetamine possession and got a 60-day sentence. But, he was soon out on probation and busted again weeks later for transporting narcotics and driving under the influence of alcohol.

    The judge didn’t take too kindly to Jarrod’s second strike and gave him a 16-month sentence. According to a separate source, the time behind bars changed Jarrod for the better. “Living alongside the murderers and rapists made him realize he was going down the same path. He’s not a bad guy. He went through a dark few years there and drugs were at the root.”

    Jarrod is reportedly bound and determined to stay on the straight and narrow, and his new-found success on Storage Wars should help make that a reality.

    And what about Brandi Passante? By now most of you have probably seen the above mug shot photo featuring a woman that looks sort of like Brandi Passante crying (99% chance it’s not her btw), but has she ever run afoul of the police? The answer is yes, although nothing as severe as Jarrod’s drug conviction.

    According to online records, Brandi was arrested for drunk driving in May, 2007 and pleaded guilty in October of the same year. Her punishment was three years of probation, mandatory three-month attendance at First Offender Alcohol Program, and $390 in fines. Unfortunately, Jarrod Schulz and Brandi Passante’s mug shot photos were not available online. If there’s someone out there in Orange County with some connections at the county courthouse leave a comment below or drop us a line at starcasmtips (at) yahoo.com!

    In the end I think it’s obvious Jarrod and Brandi have gotten their acts together and are headed to bigger and better things. I’m sure some fans will criticize this article and accuse us of being negative, but I think Jarrod and Brandi’s past is integral to understanding their story and only makes them (and the show) that much more interesting and positive.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #15
    Supposedly Clean limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    39
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Friends............................ Bubbles & Bubbles
    Posts
    3,408
    Luckily we still have Storage Wars Texas

  16. #16
    Contributor Deal's Avatar
    Reputation
    -34
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    ... but I don't delude myself into believing they're anything but staged.


    The gullibility of the mindless google agers is appalling. Thankfully us Canadians have to get outside and build igloos and maple syrup farms and aren't stuck inside being spoon fed garbage all day long.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I get irrationally angry they gush over how some old junky crap has to be worth a decent amount of money and they turn out to be correct. This doesn't happen when I watch Pawn Stars.

    I couldn't watch the show for the tabulation of profits reason either. The constant, "here's a 1994 Sony Walkman, that's a crisp $100. We have over a hundred albums from the hair bands, that's $5 a pop." It drove me crazy. Barry was the only thing worth watching because he didn't give a shit about money and was entertaining.

  18. #18
    Contributor 408Mike's Avatar
    Reputation
    4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Own a dying world
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I get irrationally angry they gush over how some old junky crap has to be worth a decent amount of money and they turn out to be correct. This doesn't happen when I watch Pawn Stars.
    Pawn Stars is in fact tight as fuck.

    Does anyone know what the process is to have shit evaluated by the bald guy on pawn stars? Rick I think is his name. Like I have an original "Annie get your gun" poster from the 50's or so, a bottle of 1987 Marilyn Merlot and some other crap I can't sell and am considering making the trek out to vegas and seeing what the pawn shop will give me for it (and trying to get on tv)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

  19. #19
    Supposedly Clean limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    39
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Friends............................ Bubbles & Bubbles
    Posts
    3,408
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I get irrationally angry they gush over how some old junky crap has to be worth a decent amount of money and they turn out to be correct. This doesn't happen when I watch Pawn Stars.
    Pawn Stars is in fact tight as fuck.

    Does anyone know what the process is to have shit evaluated by the bald guy on pawn stars? Rick I think is his name. Like I have an original "Annie get your gun" poster from the 50's or so, a bottle of 1987 Marilyn Merlot and some other crap I can't sell and am considering making the trek out to vegas and seeing what the pawn shop will give me for it (and trying to get on tv)
    Name:  lola.jpg
Views: 14446
Size:  286.3 KB

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I get irrationally angry they gush over how some old junky crap has to be worth a decent amount of money and they turn out to be correct. This doesn't happen when I watch Pawn Stars.
    Pawn Stars is in fact tight as fuck.

    Does anyone know what the process is to have shit evaluated by the bald guy on pawn stars? Rick I think is his name. Like I have an original "Annie get your gun" poster from the 50's or so, a bottle of 1987 Marilyn Merlot and some other crap I can't sell and am considering making the trek out to vegas and seeing what the pawn shop will give me for it (and trying to get on tv)
    You are going to sell a bottle of wine to a pawn shop? Plus I can't understand the whole idea of driving far to get to a pawn shop. The appeal is that easy to access. The whole business model is aimed at people who are too lazy, desperate, or stupid to sell their items at value.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 01:19 PM
  2. WHat smartphone has the most possible storage? Galaxy S3?
    By michael in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 08:50 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 01:13 AM
  5. Hollywood Dave and Fresh Deck Poker
    By Steve-O in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •