Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about sending big files

Load Metric

Question about sending big files

So, I have some movies on my Iphone I am trying to email to a friend, but they are too big to go in my email. is there a way to upload videos like you do pictures on imageshack? Help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is something trivial that you all know how to do already, and I am out of the loop!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Banned
    Load Metric
    Dropbox, Mediafire. If you have a webserver, maybe upload it there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    ha ha poor people don't have webhosting.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Hosting is very cheap. I'm poor and I've got some.

Load Metric
    SugarSync.com, it's a file sharing service used primarily by LGBTQ men. Willie is familiar.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I think it would be more accurate to say people who don't know shit about the Internet don't have web hosting
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

This looks like a good one. Not sure if it's actually sending my files though. Haven't gotten any emails indicating they've been delivered like they said they would.

Load Metric
    If you are using windows use windows movie maker. Other day I had to shrink a 600mb file to 10mg for work email and the video was still very good quality. Took me about 5 mins and I had never used the program before.

Disregard the above if quality is super important.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    If you are using windows use windows movie maker. Other day I had to shrink a 600mb file to 10mg for work email and the video was still very good quality. Took me about 5 mins and I had never used the program before.

Disregard the above if quality is super important.

Nah, just transferring videos we made in the Philippines to a friend.

Load Metric
    I trade music files with friends, so for our regular group of people, we all used FIVER.COM to pay $5 to a guy who would increase our DROPBOX files through referals up to around 18GB or so, then have a regular group of people in DROPBOX all sharing files.

Otherwise, if we just want to send to individuals, we use WETRANSFER. It takes a bit of time to set it up, but then its easy from then on.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here we go everyone. It's Google time again.

"Hey guys, how do you go about wiping your ass?"

Thx.......Curious in Philly

Load Metric
    Les,

This is actually one of those situations where GOOGLE is going to give you several suggestions, however Weiss is better off asking people which method THEY prefer and why, than Weiss actually trying out every GOOGLE recommendation until he found one he likes.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Google can also be an awful resource for reviews, especially for digital products and online services. Most keyword phrases with the term "review" are worth money (people making those searches typically have their wallet out), and lots of people set up fake review sites for affiliate commissions, then SEO them to the top.

So yeah, it makes perfect sense to ask these sort of questions to people you know on a messageboard. I'm not sure why I'm explaining this to a miserable drunk who just bitches for the sake of it, but there you go.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ............................................Helpless.................................................. ......

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    SugarSync.com, it's a file sharing service used primarily by LGBTQ men. Willie is familiar.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Here we go everyone. It's Google time again.

"Hey guys, how do you go about wiping your ass?"

Thx.......Curious in Philly

Yahoo answers is better.. sometimes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Willie Stole, file hosting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    So, I have some movies on my Iphone I am trying to email to a friend, but they are too big to go in my email. is there a way to upload videos like you do pictures on imageshack? Help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is something trivial that you all know how to do already, and I am out of the loop!
    If you have access to an actual Mac or Linux machine use split to segment the videos to however many segments you need to reach x size. What are the size limitations of the email you are trying to use? If it's gmail you can only do 25mb attachments, and the total email size has to be 25mb or under (meaning if the video is like 500 mb you are going to segment your video 500/25=20 segments in total)

Here is the command line shit you enter. Move the video from iphone to mac, get it to the desktop (makes shit easier) and we will assume your video is 135 mb, which I think is pretty much going to be the upper range for anything you'd shoot.

Go to accessories/utilities/terminal it brings you to a black screen type the following (bolded text type exactly as you see it, hit enter. Also I am assuming the name of your movie file is weiss.mov, size 135 mb name it whatever you like, when you enter the terminal commands make sure you specify the right suffix. So say your movie is .mp4 it's weiss.mp4 if it's called hotheavyjungleaction.flv type hotheavyaction.flv and you can rename the movie while on the desktop before you split it up)

cd desktop

split -b 25m weiss.mov

-b flag tells program size of file to output, with m=megabytes, k=kilobytes, b=bytes and by default it will number the output files as xaa, xab, xac, etc. Whomever you send them to just needs to use cat command for rejoining the file segments.

If your buddy doesn't know how to use cat it's

cat weiss.movaa weiss.movab weiss.movac weiss.movad weiss.movae weiss.movaf

Should work perfectly, super easy, free, and you don't have to download shit.

Questions holler. There are some programs that will do this for you but honestly you are a grown ass man, it's fucking time you learned simple unix commands. They will serve you wellmy friend.

"Teach a man to fish and he will forever hate you for teaching him a useless skill. Teach a man unix commands and he will bless you for a lifetime."
    -408mike
    Last edited by 408Mike; 12-10-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Every problem looks like a nail, eh Mike?

Thread Information