Page 72 of 160 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3188

Thread: PROJEKT:SEP **SCAM** (Rolled: A Jasep Saga)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I just hope after reading everything, Hockey Guy and certain others apologize to me for their nasty posts calling me a "hypocrite" for allowing the initial questioning Jasep's legitimacy to continue.

There isn't any reason why anybody needs to apologize to you. You had inside info. Info no regular posters had. If anything you need to apologize to Hockey guy and others.
    LOL @ telling Druff to apologize to grown men who sent money to some fat loser that they met on the internet.

Load Metric

Nobody "needs" to apologize to me. I am not going to ban anyone for the lack of an apology. You are allowed to post on this forum even if you don't like me.

However, I think apologizing is the right thing to do.

They were angry that I was ALLOWING others (people with NO INSIDE INFO) to bring up common-sense concerns regarding this BAP.

It's not like they were trashing me for bringing up unlikely-to-be-true accusations against Jasep, when in reality I knew the real story the whole time.

Here they were angry at me for ALLOWING others to discuss it.

They wanted me to shut down any questioning of Jasep.

That was already a ridiculous request, but uber-ridiculous when viewed in hindsight.

For anyone to still complain about "trolling of Jasep" in this thread is laughable.
    Well anybody should be able to criticize anybody's BAP including your own WSOP ones (and I'm sure you'd agree). However, since you knew all along this one had a high likelihood of being bogus it should have been nipped in the bud at an extremely early stage. I mean, when some dropped out he oversold causing people to lose even more money. You definitely knew at this point yet still kept quiet. If Drex or China were afraid of being ridiculed ala Anal then they could have pm'd you the details and you could have ended this shit once and for all. I personally don't dislike you at all. This place is tight knit and fun for the most part. Things could have been handled better all around. Maybe from now on it should just be buyer beware.
    In Druffs defense if he brought it up after everyone already paid it would have probably done more harm besides no one was believing he was a scammer in the beginning including me.

I do agree that Drexel should have spoke up to Druff. China really has no connection to this site so its just a moral thing, but I think Drexel should have made Druff aware when he knew the BAP would be on PFA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Also ShadyJ's 1000th post was to me.

*blush*

Honestly I do get what youre trying to say, Im just pointing out that people who hand their money to addicts might do well to learn that maybe thats a bad investment policy, no matter how much they appreciate that addict distracting them from their own problems.
    Must be the worst 1k post in the history of forums

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BuSTMeANuT View Post

There isn't any reason why anybody needs to apologize to you. You had inside info. Info no regular posters had. If anything you need to apologize to Hockey guy and others.
    LOL @ telling Druff to apologize to grown men who sent money to some fat loser that they met on the internet.

Now That's Perspective!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1998 View Post

Without having a more granular portrait of him to examine, Id call him an addict. Addicts do addict things.

The most likely narrative for me is that hes out of control. Thats the opposite of calculating. If he was blowing this money on crack, I think we would be a lot less anxious to paint him as a master criminal.

And isnt it curious that on a poker forum, almost no one wants to frame Jasep's criminality in the context of gambling addiction.

How curious, how bizarre.
    Very good points, sir. I was in the center of arguments where many people wanted to explain away Peter Falcone's crimes by asserting he was an out of control gambling addict. I argued strenuously that he is not a gambling addict -- he did everything he did with specific intent, not out of control. I do not know enough about this Jasep character to be able to speak, but it is interesting to me that people were willing to cut slack to a guy who is clearly much worse (Peter Falcone), than this Jasep character. I cannot speak authoritatively on the matter, but your points above seem quite cogent to me.
    Dude I was going to make the EXACT same point with regards to PeterDC but I decided it was just too fine a grind to cut effectively in such an emotionally charged context.

But I agree, I think there is much more to PeterDC than straight gambling addiction, and that his criminality extends into manifestly sociopathic arenas, while Jasep was simply predatory.

Load Metric

If it were up to you, the discussion of this would have been shut down, and Jasep would still be running PROJEKT:SEP, double-selling shares and continuing to scam everyone.
    This right here. I was actually a defender of Jasep, and even towards the end was still hopeful that he would pay everyone back. Had Druff not let this continue and unfold the way it did, I would be out of money like everyone else after the 13th (for my original investment) and again on the 25th for the 2nd round of shares I got that were double sold to me. However, because this all came out I was able to initiate the proper measures with paypal and now I won't be out any money, just time. I wish all the other investors were as lucky as I am, but sadly it all came out to late. Anal, cokehead (wow this is starting to get weird) and all the other users who were "trolling" in some regard, actually broke this open earlier than it should have been and for that i'm grateful. Druff did what he said he would do from the start and let any question of a scam etc. come out. Regardless of how I felt a week ago, he did the right thing here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Well anybody should be able to criticize anybody's BAP including your own WSOP ones (and I'm sure you'd agree). However, since you knew all along this one had a high likelihood of being bogus it should have been nipped in the bud at an extremely early stage. I mean, when some dropped out he oversold causing people to lose even more money. You definitely knew at this point yet still kept quiet. If Drex or China were afraid of being ridiculed ala Anal then they could have pm'd you the details and you could have ended this shit once and for all. I personally don't dislike you at all. This place is tight knit and fun for the most part. Things could have been handled better all around. Maybe from now on it should just be buyer beware.
    In Druffs defense if he brought it up after everyone already paid it would have probably done more harm besides no one was believing he was a scammer in the beginning including me.

I do agree that Drexel should have spoke up to Druff. China really has no connection to this site so its just a moral thing, but I think Drexel should have made Druff aware when he knew the BAP would be on PFA
    Have u read the thread? Lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

I fully understand your point, and would revise my statement that you are wrong to we just have differing views/opinions. Lots of people have gambling addictions, not many of them steal from a children's charity or lifelong friends. If your view is that he is just a good guy who has a gambling addiction, that is not a view I share. Nor do I think many other people see it that way. The fact that he STILL has not come clean or admitted any wrongdoing, to me, speaks volumes about what kind of a guy truly is. A good guy with a gambling addiction would have come forward by now and said "I really fucked up. How can I make this right." We will never hear from him again. Hardly the actions of a good guy who ended up in a bad spot.
    These are 100% valid points, and FWIW I think he will come back and issue a mea culpa at some point. Time will tell, of course.
    It's a cliched saying, but if he apologizes, at this point, is anyone really gonna believe it is sincere? I mean, I don't think there is any possibility he hasn't read this thread. Multiple people have pleaded with him to address the 22q allegations, even if he mentions nothing else. I don't see how anyone wouldn't perceive a future apology as something he was forced to do, rather than something he wanted to do. He doesn't really seem to do something if it isn't gonna benefit him in some way. An apology at this point would be hollow and meaningless, at least to me. I'm sure others would buy it, but imo, the time for a sincere apology has long since passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Also ShadyJ's 1000th post was to me.

*blush*

Honestly I do get what youre trying to say, Im just pointing out that people who hand their money to addicts might do well to learn that maybe thats a bad investment policy, no matter how much they appreciate that addict distracting them from their own problems.
    Must be the worst 1k post in the history of forums
    Also for the record Ive become a fan of your posts lately, regardless of our differences on SepticGate.

Load Metric

These are 100% valid points, and FWIW I think he will come back and issue a mea culpa at some point. Time will tell, of course.
    It's a cliched saying, but if he apologizes, at this point, is anyone really gonna believe it is sincere? I mean, I don't think there is any possibility he hasn't read this thread. Multiple people have pleaded with him to address the 22q allegations, even if he mentions nothing else. I don't see how anyone wouldn't perceive a future apology as something he was forced to do, rather than something he wanted to do. He doesn't really seem to do something if it isn't gonna benefit him in some way. An apology at this point would be hollow and meaningless, at least to me. I'm sure others would buy it, but imo, the time for a sincere apology has long since passed.

Ehn, Im a Buddhist.

Load Metric

If the only issue was the possible chunking off of the 5k BAP, I'm sure we would have heard from him by now. The charity scamming (with the possible legal and criminal ramifications) probably ensures that he is long gone. Unless that money did wind up going to 22Q, which is seeming much more unlikely as new info comes out.

Load Metric
    Jasep was a follower of the highest order. Everything the guy did or stood for was already done. He's dumb as shit. He first made himself known as the second guy who painted on this fat chick he'd just fucked from POF on DD. The whole TrupQQ email and twitter was from that big thread on 2+2. Radio was copied from DD. Guy didn't have one original thought in his life. Well, except stealing from a damn charity maybe. They rape you in prison for that shit. Should have just fucked a kid and got it over with. Either way:

Name:  you-gonna-get-raped.jpg
Views: 2416
Size:  68.3 KB

Load Metric

I fully understand your point, and would revise my statement that you are wrong to we just have differing views/opinions. Lots of people have gambling addictions, not many of them steal from a children's charity or lifelong friends. If your view is that he is just a good guy who has a gambling addiction, that is not a view I share. Nor do I think many other people see it that way. The fact that he STILL has not come clean or admitted any wrongdoing, to me, speaks volumes about what kind of a guy truly is. A good guy with a gambling addiction would have come forward by now and said "I really fucked up. How can I make this right." We will never hear from him again. Hardly the actions of a good guy who ended up in a bad spot.
    Your non-pony posts are well worth reading. Bang on.

Load Metric
    druff just said this person had a good reputation in this community at the time the BAP was being set up. I think many people shared that perspective - not counting person's with what could be called insider knowledge. One might expect the person's partners to perhaps have inside knowledge and any one holding debt from the person selling the BAP.

So, my question in thinking to the future, is how is a potential investor in a BAP, a person that is in the same community, expected to know that the advertised lead investor in the BAP is actually putting no money whatsoever into the BAP and instead rolling debt into it - unless the lead investor and / or the BAP seller discloses this to the community. Also others were doing the same thing - that us rolling debt into it. I know from my perspective, had this BAP been advertised as "A few of this community's debtees along with the person selling the BAP are welcoming fresh money into a BAP so that the debtor can try to earn the debtees money back and also make some money for the new investors" - that this would not have been nearly as attractive sounding as the BAP was presented on this forum. I wonder if it had been presented this way, especially with the lead investor not actually putting any cash in, whether it ever would have gotten off the ground.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

If the only issue was the possible chunking off of the 5k BAP, I'm sure we would have heard from him by now. The charity scamming (with the possible legal and criminal ramifications) probably ensures that he is long gone. Unless that money did wind up going to 22Q, which seeming much more unlikely as new info comes out.
    Who knows what else we don't even know about. He had lots of guys on here completely fooled. So it wasn't like he was horrible at what he did. I'm sure more and more will come out over time. Not sure what could top stealing from a children's charity, but ole Juan may surprise us again.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Gold
    Load Metric
    You people need to realize that being a sociopath and being a gambling addict are often times the same thing. Part of being an addict is not giving enough of a shit to stop. This is why sociopaths make the biggest addicts. I could poke at specifics, but this is pretty basic stuff. Wake the fuck up and stop trying to assign little labels to things so that you can conceptualize and compartmentalize what has happened. He is likely a sociopath and obviously has gambling issues. H-E-L-L-O.

Load Metric
    Basically if anyone is asking you for money on a public Internet forum then they are pretty much broke and a scammer. There are VERY few exceptions to this, China is the only one that comes to mind. But if you need a stake to play $100 tourneys half way across the country like Jasep did then be prepared to kiss your money goodbye.

Load Metric
    I don't think the septic tank will go to prison, assuming he can afford an attorney. The septic tank will plead out and tell the courts that he had a crippling gambling addiction, which is true, and that he is now receiving treatment for it. They will make him pay the charity, and do community service, and have probation. But yeah, septic tank is long gone now, as anything he says here can and will be used against him in a court of law.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Have u read the thread? Lol
    I lol @ your lol. Yes I read the thread which is why I know that you and Drexel knew alot more then everyone else when the BAP was started. You didnt have your name on it as to have really purchased shares like Drexel did. I dont see any wrong doing on your part, but I do on Drexels.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    I don't think the septic tank will go to prison, assuming he can afford an attorney. The septic tank will plead out and tell the courts that he had a crippling gambling addiction, which is true, and that he is now receiving treatment for it. They will make him pay the charity, and do community service, and have probation. But yeah, septic tank is long gone now, as anything he says here can and will be used against him in a court of law.

He's got multiple felonies though. He's going to jail if arrested.

Thread Information