Page 36 of 160 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJEKT:SEP **SCAM** (Rolled: A Jasep Saga)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I'm one of the few that still believes Jasep will pay back the investment. That being said you are correct, anyone who invested is at fault for their own actions.

But with all the rollings that have happened and massive info comes out afterwards....why do the people with all the information hold out for so long? The reason I invested was because people who I respect on here (china,druff,drexel,few others) invested themselves or allowed all this to play out.
    I'm still hoping he pays it all back like he said he would. He hasn't responded to my emails, and his phone is off... Not looking likely. He said I should receive payment by the 6th of feb, so if I don't on that day I will open a dispute on paypal since I sent the funds as "goods and services". I really wanted to believe in this guy. I still hope that while many things posted here don't hold him in the right light, that he does the right thing.
    I dont know how long ago you sent the money, but you only have 45 days to file a dispute with Paypal.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post

Did you not say you were never posting here again? Not a big deal, I have made several of those, just want to make sure I saw not dreaming. Double negatives FTW.

Yeah, but that was predicated on the inability to have any sort of substantive discourse here without a shitstorm of subnormal attention whores trying to be funny, interesting, or cogent and not even having the decency to blush when they failed.

With Sixtoedpete gone, Team Fetal Alcohol Syndrome lost a lot of their horsepower and appear to be toeing the line, so chiming in on occasion isnt so painful, especiallly considering this thread is of personal interest considering my history with jasep, the people this impacts, so on.
    I dunno, 6 Toes added some content. Same with Jewdonk.

It's tough having to carry the water around here.

I believe one of the reasons why Donkdown collapsed was the jettison of Felon, Jewdonk, Wrenchjockey and Hoser.

There is not many of us left from 2008. We are going the way of the Republicans and other taxpayers. Very sad, but true

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I didn't know about the iPad thing until a few hours before Detroit posted about it here.
    This is my only problem with any of these scams/etc. Behind closed doors this info comes out but then it is hours/days/weeks before any of it is passed down.

Now the shit storm happens and you have no problem wasting your time writing paragraphs about the situation and replying to posts......but you're just like many of the people earlier in the thread. You do not have a stake in this bap and have nothing to lose.

I think the likelihood of being paid goes down with each post made in this thread. At some point his name will be so muddy that there won't be a reason to pay.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

I agree, I am not ridiculing them either. But it is amazing that some of these guys were still sticking up for the guy as little as yesterday or 2 days ago.
    Let's review some facts. Jasep has(had) a very public presence on these boards. To the outside investor (sucker?), he hosted radio shows (for years?), did the 22Q charity fundraiser, was trusted by the likes of Druff and Drexel and Chinamaniac... arguably, stand up guys in this community of ours. Jasep seemed pretty open about various things in his life -- the good, the bad and the ugly. There was a question about how "responsible" Jasep is, but never (at least before all this drama came out) about Jasep being untrustworthy or dishonest. Brandon's chinese poker stuff, business partners' reservations, pikachar's involvement, whoever posted about Jasep lying about shipping an ipad -- NONE of that was disclosed by any of you until very recently.

So Jasep's public presence, the fact that the BAP was supported by PFA (allowed to post about it here), the fact that Drexel was the largest investor (we didn't know at the time it was rollover from gambling loss), and "daily accountability" via a playing schedule along with daily videos of progress... weekly payouts... full accounting... Couple all that with a 60-40 split in investors' favor... add in that this is a MAKEUP deal... Do you guys really think he went to all this trouble to roll people for 5k? (which sold out in a matter of a couple of days? why not go for 10k?)

The whole thing does not make sense to me. If Project:Sep was a scam from the beginning, why not offer it without makeup, and just gradually "lose" the stake and then say "sorry guys, low limit live poker is not beatable"? The way this played out makes no sense from a scamming standpoint. It's petty shit. A lot of effort for very little.

If Jasep makes all of his "investors" whole (which he has promised to do, btw), a lot of this criticism falls by the wayside, imo. In spite of all of these attacks, I hope he does the right thing and proves that Project:Sep was not a scam.
    Ok say he makes good on the bap what about selling part of VPR for 6000 when the site was never worth 6.00 and the worst part he did this without china and brandon knowing
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    i would like to know what Kevin has to say, he sounds like a pretty decent guy on the radio and he seems to have known Johnny the longest
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Ok say he makes good on the bap what about selling part of VPR for 6000 when the site was never worth 6.00 and the worst part he did this without china and brandon knowing
    With all of these allegations there are two sides to every story, and I haven't heard his. "Selling part of VPR for 6000... without [his business partners] knowing" is one way to look at it. I'd want to see the documents, agreements (read: evidence) to determine what the real story on that is.

This isn't a Templar type situation where nobody knows any details about the guy -- people have his personal info, right? He's reachable. (maybe less so today than a few days ago, but in general).

Load Metric
    Thanks for admitting that their was truth to my story back then, I do under stand you don't have time to look into everyone past but their was big red flags here, If my story didn't raise the red flags then the way he handled the ipad contest should have been enough to not let him run this bap here
    I didn't know about the iPad thing until a few hours before Detroit posted about it here.
    When I first posted about Jasep one year ago it was not to be attacked by the trolls/ haters here, I wanted to let people know i think he is a cheat to avoid this exact problem we have here, I hate to see people get scammed / cheated

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This is my only problem with any of these scams/etc. Behind closed doors this info comes out but then it is hours/days/weeks before any of it is passed down.

Now the shit storm happens and you have no problem wasting your time writing paragraphs about the situation and replying to posts......but you're just like many of the people earlier in the thread. You do not have a stake in this bap and have nothing to lose.

I think the likelihood of being paid goes down with each post made in this thread. At some point his name will be so muddy that there won't be a reason to pay.
    I keep wanting to post my analysis of this situation, but I want to reply to everyone's direct questions first.

You raise a good point, but whenever these things are presented to me "behind the scenes", I have to make a decision.

Basically, I have to keep people's secrets if they tell me things in confidence. If I promise to keep a secret and then announce it on the forum (supposedly for the good of the userbase), then nobody will ever trust me to keep any secrets in the future, and I will never be told stuff like this again. That would be counter-productive to protecting the userbase from future scams.

However, at the same time, I can't sit by and watch people get scammed when I know something that the public doesn't.

By the time I found out something was possibly wrong, Jasep had collected all of the money. There was no more to be scammed -- at least not until people came calling for THIS money. Therefore, since it looked like the deed was already done, I did not feel comfortable violating people's confidence and outing what they wanted me to hold back.

Furthermore, much of the "evidence" was circumstantial at the time, and many involved did not want to drag Jasep's good name through the mud unless they were relatively certain something was wrong.

Once enough evidence came to light (thanks to investigating by China and Brandon, primarily), the decision was made to out everything.

Load Metric
    I guess im the only one who thinks that Drexel was shady as hell. He knew Jasep was broke and not only didnt he tell anyone about it he rolled money that didnt exsist into the bap. The people buying in thought the bap was for 5k but Drexel knew he didnt have 5k. Not to mention Drexel has a big name and when it says you invested 2k in jasep that makes everyone else feel its a safe investment. Not that it couldnt lose but that they wouldnt get rolled.

Gold
    Load Metric

If Jasep makes all of his "investors" whole (which he has promised to do, btw), a lot of this criticism falls by the wayside, imo. In spite of all of these attacks, I hope he does the right thing and proves that Project:Sep was not a scam.
    It probably wasn't a scam. Most loans to poker lowlifes are based on them hoping they'll win and pay you back. The problem is they really don't care. I've seen other people say he is "basically a good guy". WHY? Do bad guys who aren't straight gangsters go around trying to look "bad" ? Ever? No. In fact, they put far more effort into trying to look "good". Those are the warning signs. Fucking hooks. Hate em, but respect them at the same time. I wish I had been born a sociopath.

I hadn't even paid much attention to Jasep and had nothing to say until I read his bullshit about offering everyone respect. I then decided to rip into him and tell people whats up. These geeks have no clue. People meet a guy, he gives em a mental handy and his rep is near golden. All one can do is sit back and laugh at it all.

Load Metric

I didn't tell my story earlier because Jasep had my real name and address. I did not want to give him any reason to post it if I told my story. Kinda like he did with the 6toed letter at VPR. The only reason I PM'd druff before I posted was to ask him to keep an eye out and please delete my name if Jasep posted it.

Load Metric
    With all of these allegations there are two sides to every story, and I haven't heard his. "Selling part of VPR for 6000... without [his business partners] knowing" is one way to look at it. I'd want to see the documents, agreements (read: evidence) to determine what the real story on that is.

This isn't a Templar type situation where nobody knows any details about the guy -- people have his personal info, right? He's reachable. (maybe less so today than a few days ago, but in general).
    I very trusted member here and part owner of vpr posted this here, I didn't pull the fact he sold 6k worth of the site out of the sky

Load Metric
    I very trusted member here and part owner of vpr posted this here, I didn't pull the fact he sold 6k worth of the site out of the sky
    Go back and read exactly what that very trusted member wrote. Seems like the 6k deal was done before vpr even existed... So I am not sure it is accurate for you to say "he sold 6k worth of the site [by which you mean the site that he owned with china and drexel". Like I say, I don't know what the exact facts are. At the same time, I'm not accusing you of pulling anything out of the sky.

Load Metric
    Go back and read exactly what that very trusted member wrote. Seems like the 6k deal was done before vpr even existed... So I am not sure it is accurate for you to say "he sold 6k worth of the site [by which you mean the site that he owned with china and drexel". Like I say, I don't know what the exact facts are. At the same time, I'm not accusing you of pulling anything out of the sky.
    Ok so when the sites merged into one and china and brandon owed a piece jasep never told them their was another owner, Care to explain that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    I guess im the only one who thinks that Drexel was shady as hell. He knew Jasep was broke and not only didnt he tell anyone about it he rolled money that didnt exsist into the bap. The people buying in thought the bap was for 5k but Drexel knew he didnt have 5k. Not to mention Drexel has a big name and when it says you invested 2k in jasep that makes everyone else feel its a safe investment. Not that it couldnt lose but that they wouldnt get rolled.
    He was probably thinking the same thing I was, Jasep doesn't have any money and this Stake is his chance to pull himself up off the ground. My investmnent was also a rollover from previous BAP because I believed he couldn't pay me if I asked for the $200 and didn't want to make things worse for him or the other people he owed money. I'd also done a dozen transactions with the guy including the waterslide thingy, where he could have gotten $100 out of me and put me off til the spring if he needed to (which is when I asked him to bring it to me). To me everything about the guy screamed Hustler, but with some ethics. Which could still be true if he makes things right
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Ok so when the sites merged into one and china and brandon owed a piece jasep never told them their was another owner, Care to explain that?

No, I can't explain that. That's my point. "We don't know". Everything you say is making assumptions -- "sites merged"... "another owner".... Anyway enough of the tangent -- all this is for Drexel and China and Jasep and Pikachar to explain.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I'm giving Jasep a chance to contact me before I reply to this thread with my own information, but I'm having a hard time understanding how the 22Q funds were not a top priority for all of you? All of your names are attached to that podcast, you should have made sure they were sent ASAP. Huge ball drop

I will address briefly why I "invested" in Projekt Sep:

When VPR was launched I did a small amount of writing for the site (a few reviews and such) which Jasep paid me for. I also was doing the radio show write-ups initially and despite my protestations Jasep wanted to pay me for this (even though it was literally 10 minutes of my life once a week) which we instead rolled into a couple of shares of his first BAP. That money (which started at about $100 I think) turned into $200 and I was going to cash-out after the latest BAP at Foxwoods as I didn’t really feel comfortable with the way that went.

However, he mentioned Projekt Sep to me and how he was down on his luck (for about two weeks before this he entertained getting a job which I strongly urged him to do privately) so I reinvested $100 in project Sep realizing he probably didn’t have the money to actually pay me –The other $100 went towards a waterslide he found at a yard sale that I told him I would buy from him, so I am owed a waterslide bounce house thing.
    I posted earlier what happened with 22q. I sent him donations I collected and he said he had a bank draft and was meeting the guy that weekend. At the time I trusted he'd do that. I hope he did.

Load Metric

Simp, As an investor I know where you are coming from. I actually just spoke to Jasep. He has asked all his investors to give him until the 6th like he said to refund everything. Also, this 22q stuff, let's wait and see (although I'll bet that he's in the clear with this... not a big bet, but still think he didn't do what is being accused). I don't think he is going to scam us (investors, I don't have any say in anything else) since he has responded otherwise he would just ignore it. I have filed claims with paypal ONLY to protect myself, not because I think I won't get paid back. He understands my move here. I hope he pulls this out and proves a lot of this to be wrong. We will find out soon.

Load Metric

I think the reason to pay went out the door as soon as China hit submit reply.

Kiss the money goodbye, and let's move onto the serious accusation that Q22 may have been a sham
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Thread Information