Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

Im not gonna get loans, your pretty close to accurate about Emily and its insane to me.... I am hoping this project will provide a vehicle for me to do those things and still cover my month to month expenses... that would be ideal, that way i don't have to do things like give up radio... if it comes down to juggling school, a job, my daughter and a radio show something will have to give in that and its not hard to see it in order of priority, but i want to avoid that road.
Well you said on your show that you were going to get loans and I cringed. That's why I wrote that. Good to know though.
That was a joke, I said something like I am going to go back to school just for the loans.... I didn't really look at that as a legit option until yesterday.

I don't know the exact details of Emily's student loans but I know it is a huge issue in her life and is one of the reasons she is handcuffed to her lower middle class status. She actually does something incredibly important as a society contributor, yet she only makes around 30K after 4 years of full time college at Uconn, and another 4 years on the job kinda sad, i doubt she can get those loans off her back anytime in the next decade.

I am also not super up to speed on politics and all that stuff, but I do know that she had to turn down a 1.50 an hour raise because it put her in a weird spot where she would spend more in health care a year because of her income than she would make up for in the raise amount by a lot... which on the surface seems kind of a fucked up thing to me.

Pooh, you have any interest in doing recorded phone conversations with me? I kinda have an idea for you to be a supporting member of the project with weekly or bi weekly phone conversations giving me some perspective on the future etc.