Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Shopping - Is it worth it?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Black Friday Shopping - Is it worth it?

Has anyone ever ventured out to a Best Buy, or Wal Mart for one of these crazy sales?? Up until this year I have had very little interest in saving a few dollars, but I am moving and about to by a bunch of stuff for a much bigger house than I am in now.

But I just wanted to know how crazy it really is, how long the waits are, can you get what you want or is it not even worth it??

Luckily I just found out that Radio Shack has the same Galaxy S3 deal as Best Buy($50), so I will def be going there for that instead. They open at 6am on Friday morning, but I am guessing the crowds at individual Radio Shack stores won't be remotely close to the Jungle that would be Best Buy at 12am on Thanksgiving night.

Next is Wal mart, which has the brand new Vizio Smart TV that costs $999 for $688 starting at 8pm Thanksgiving day. Should I even bother or will that just be a straight zoo? Oh and there is a "rumor" that Amazon will have this same deal (or similar at least) is that worth trying instead??

I just don't want to get caught up in all the madness at a big store like Wal Mart is it is going to be a riot, because I might straight kill a n-word if I got to. Don't need any more charges.

One thing I was thinking was to just wait for the after Christmas deals, are they comparable??

Load Metric
    no

Load Metric
    niggas are crazy at black friday sales

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    Well aware n-words are cray at these places, just wanted some real life shit experiences if anyone had them.

Load Metric
    Waiting in huge lines with huge amounts of questionable people can be fun, for sure, but not if its for shopping.

Fuck that noise.

Load Metric
    You can safely bet on the following with regards to black friday shopping:

You will fail.

The list is expansive as to what, precisely, you will fail at:

Getting what you wanted
    Not losing faith in humanity
    Not wasting time
    Not waiting in huge long lines for nothing
    Avoiding some kind of communicable disease during holiday season
    Heading into christmas season full of cheer and festive spirit
    Attaining an erection more often than 2 times per week for the foreseeable future
    Avoiding being trampled to death by mexicans
    Not being stabbed by gang bangers, probably of mexican descent
    Not being stuck around smelly, ugly, fat, stupid people
    Getting what you wanted

If you do go, good luck to ya.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Is that why it's called Black Friday?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    just go to a wal mart in the country and u have a shot at getting a good deal. If there are lines just go home

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    My wife went last year with a few frend's and said that was a mistake because of the waiting involved.

Also the line ups reminded her of the shit ticket lineups during communist times in Slovakia.

In other words complete WOT

Stay at home I read that a lot of items somebody may want are available online.

GL have fun.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

I know it's 99% you are joking, but since you're from Europe, it's possible they use different lingo. It's Black Friday because in retail, many companies are in the red (unprofitable) until the day after Thanksgiving, at which time they go into the black on their balance sheets because of the holiday season.

I feel I wrote something you are probably laughing at because of it's obviousness, but I have been surprised through the years at how few people even in America don't know why it's called Black Friday.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I know it's 99% you are joking, but since you're from Europe, it's possible they use different lingo. It's Black Friday because in retail, many companies are in the red (unprofitable) until the day after Thanksgiving, at which time they go into the black on their balance sheets because of the holiday season.

I feel I wrote something you are probably laughing at because of it's obviousness, but I have been surprised through the years at how few people even in America don't know why it's called Black Friday.
    i prefer to believe belly buster's explanation

Load Metric

Yeah well wheres the James van der Beek gif if you're really serious

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post

Yeah well wheres the James van der Beek gif if you're really serious
    ask and ye shall receive

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Pretty sure I had no idea where the term came from, mostly because I don't give a shit and never looked it up. As I never shop, I still don't give a shit, but I feel a bit cooler anyway. Thanks for that at least.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The short answer is: NO.

Why?

Because you will be waiting in ridiculous lines and dealing with horrible crowds, in order to get what appears to be great deals, but in reality is just lousy quality shit sold at the price it's actually worth.

Sure, there are exceptions where you get great value, but again, the trouble just isn't worth it.

I have never understood certain "bargain shoppers" who waste a tremendous amount of time saving a few pennies, but then ignore my advice to where they can painlessly save real money.

For example, people will spend 6 hours in line when a radio station has a promotion for $1/gallon gas. What are they saving? $50?

Yet I will tell those same people how to make a few quick calls and get a lot of money off their cell phone and cable bills (without downgrading service), and they don't bother. Or they are overpaying big time on the rent because the market rate has gone down, and I tell them exactly what to say to their landlord, and they don't. Or they pay way too much for insurance, and I tell them how to get it much cheaper, and they ignore me. The list goes on and on...

In general, putting yourself through hell to save a few dollars is NOT worth it. The Jewish way of saving money is to get value for everything with minimal effort.

Load Metric
    about 5-6 years ago, I waiting in line for two consecutive years at Best Buy from around 11pm the previous evening, until 5am when they opened the doors. It was REALLY cold those two years, but because of the items I wanted, it was worth it. Here is why:

If you get in line early enough, just bring a camp chair, blankets, ipod, portable dvd player, etc, and relax. Its only 6 hours. Back then, I wanted items for my family where I ended up getting there early enough and at around 4am, people from best buy walk outside with vouchers for the main items. If there were 15 of a particular item, they would hand out 15 vouchers to the first people who wanted them. I saved around $1200 each year I stood outside (bought PC's for $200, laptops for $200, LCD tv's for $300).

Here is where you ALSO benefit. If they hand out the vouchers, TAKE THEM FOR ANY/ALL ITEMS. Then, before 5am, when the people who waited too long to get in line realize they fucked up, you can quickly run back near the end of line and sell the vouchers like some people did. Say its a tv that costs 1000, but with the voucher, its 500. Sell the voucher for 100. Profit.

People when I went there had tents all set up and were playing poker through the night to pass the time. I saved 200/hr by hanging out.

These days, I dont need anything major so its not worth it. I will just get online and order products when the sites open up.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I tried it once and hated every moment of it, I didn't get what I was intentionally setting out for but I did get some good deals on things I didn't really go out for.

If you hate shopping late for christmas you're really going to hate black friday.

Load Metric
    It's fucking stupid, just buy all of your shit on January 6th when all of the stores are dead and unloading all of the shit that they couldn't sell to all of the suckers on black friday. Buy a new TV after the Super Bowl if you really want the best deal.

Load Metric
    Anyone know any good websites to peruse this weekend or on "cyber monday" - are the online deals even worth it? I am interested in perhaps buying a 32-40 inch TV for one room of my house and I would definitely like looking for travel deals (expedia, southwest, etc.. if there are any flight discounts?). I am a general tech junkie and could also look at buying an RC plane or helicopter (300 or cheaper) for a kid if I find a deal.

Basically, anyone know of any worth it online sites to shop at during the weekend or monday?

Thread Information