Bronze
    Load Metric
    Don't drink coke! It's unhealthy.

Drink Dr. Pepper.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: love dr pepper had it yesterday

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The man is up 25 pounds since June 2022. When will Druff cross 300 pounds?

This is the opposite of the Nicky Pipes lifestyle

#PUTTHEFORKDOWN

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is what the above post is referring to.

https://twitter.com/ToddWitteles/status/1783651615725273241

The weight gain was actually mostly between September 2023 and February 2024, when a persistent foot problem made me extremely sedentary, as it was painful enough to walk to where I kept it to a minimum, even around the house.

The problem has mostly resolved itself, only occasionally flaring up. Now I need to lose the weight.

Comments

Tellafriend: nice hat

dmndkutr: Legend

tigerpiper: Is this a perspective pic like when I held the Taj Mahal with my fingies?

garrett: Nice..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This is what the above post is referring to.

https://twitter.com/ToddWitteles/status/1783651615725273241

The weight gain was actually mostly between September 2023 and February 2024, when a persistent foot problem made me extremely sedentary, as it was painful enough to walk to where I kept it to a minimum, even around the house.

The problem has mostly resolved itself, only occasionally flaring up. Now I need to lose the weight.
    You crushed that whole pizza?

Not even trolling, that's incredible.

Comments

Sanlmar: Free t-shirt

tigerpiper: Free hat also
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Sorry to hear about Druffs massive weight gains

I’ve tried to advise him so many times but he takes it as “joking around” or “trolling”

If he wants to humbly message me and ask for advice I am open to mentor and guide him

I wrote about my recent injuries and my foot injury, do you remember how Druff mocked my pain?

Well pal, my foot still hurts too, you know what I did to cure it?

Nothing at all, good old fashion IGNORED IT

The plans working perfectly so far, never been in better shape, never been more handsome, never been richer, never been more powerful, and guess what? I just had chick fil a for lunch spicy chicken my man

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

I’ve tried to advise him so many times but he takes it as “joking around” or “trolling”

If he wants to humbly message me and ask for advice I am open to mentor and guide him

I wrote about my recent injuries and my foot injury, do you remember how Druff mocked my pain?

The plans working perfectly so far, never been in better shape, never been more handsome, never been richer, never been more powerful, and guess what? I just had chick fil a for lunch spicy chicken my man
    High end gyms, physical therapy and medical practices are being gobbled up by investors looking to cash in on wealthy olds.

Load Metric
    I was in Fort Meyer recently and my wife insisted on getting an açaí bowl for breakfast. I knew she would send us on a 25 mile journey to nowhere in pursuit of this nonsense. Because I want to keep my stuff I just say, “yes dear”.

We end up at some health food kinda joint with the requisite dread locked and tattooed counter person. The bowl and fresh roasted coffee was the nuts.

So I’m sweating my ass off at an outside table cause I’m pussy whipped as I previously admitted. I notice a continual stream of muscle heads getting food from this joint and it’s obvious the counter girl knows them all and what they usually order.

I have experience with food in gyms - failures (grab and go) and successes. I asked the girl if it was her shop and where the lifters are coming from.

I wander over to the gym, introduce myself and start quizzing the check in person about the business. The gym has the most elite equipment I’ve ever seen. She calls the owner over.

I mention the açaí bowl place and the recurring revenue and he smiles. He gives me a tour. He explains he and his investors own the entire mall - the gym, the açaí place and other businesses located in the existing retail footprint. Açaí place (Living Vine Ft Meyers) is his tenant. lol.

The whole complex was gonna be redeveloped with a health theme centered around the gym. High rise condos would anchor the development. Shopping, medical practice, PHYSICAL THERAPY, outdoor activities and the whole shebang. He proudly shows the blueprints and slick brochures

Harvesting the olds health dollars. It’s the hot trend.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

country978: trip report always +1

tigerpiper: How big was the pizza tho?

Dan Druff: nice story but it lacks pizza

Orko: So you're a "people person" irl. I swear sometimes that's worth more than the finest degree.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-26-2024 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Where was the photo taken?

It was at Pizza Rock in downtown Vegas. In the late 2010s, I was brought there and I had some counter pizza. I thought it was the best pizza in Vegas.

Fast forward to June 22, 2022. I had just busted off 2 bullets in my first WSOP Seniors events (the max bullets in one day), busting JJ against KK versus the guy who would eventually finish 3rd (and apparently is a PFA Radio listener, as well). Not even close to the money.

I would end up entering a third bullet the next day and running fairly deep, but in between those two days, I accepted an invitation with a group to go downtown.

We ate at Pizza Rock, and after we were sat, I had a horrible thought. "What if the pizza served in the restaurant isn't the same as the counter pizza?"

Seemed absurd, but I suspected it for some reason. I asked this of the waitress, and she seemed mildly annoyed that she had to check on this. She came back and confirmed that, yes, it's different pizza. I let others at the table order first, and I jumped up quickly to see if I could quickly look at any other table eating pizzas. Indeed, I saw the pizza pies at other tables, and they looked nothing like the counter pizza. Looked mediocre.

I asked, "Can I get the counter pizza served here in the restaurant?"

The waitress said no.

I replied, "I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense. It's the same restaurant. I'll pay the counter prices. I just want the counter pizza."

She seemed even more annoyed now, but said she would go check on it for me. She came back saying that indeed that's the rule -- that counter pizza is only for the counter. However, she said the manager agreed to make an exception for me, but only on the condition that I buy the entire giant counter pie. I couldn't order just the slices I wanted. I said, "Deal!", and I ordered the giant counter pie.

One of the people in the group laughed at how large it was, and took this picture. I forgot the picture was taken, and never asked about it. Nearly two years later, when going through their phone looking for something else, they happened upon it, and sent it to me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is another counter pizza story, from 9 years earlier.

In 2013, I was a Seven Stars member, and staying at Caesars.

I was going to do radio from the room, and didn't feel like leaving the property to go eat. I was in the mood for pizza, so I decided I'd just go down to the food court and order their ripoff counter pizza.

Well, I got down there and saw it was like $8/slice, with a slice being 1/6 of the pizza. I figured I wanted about three slices, maybe four. They were large, but I was very hungry.

Then I saw that the entire pizza price was $26. Obviously since I wanted 3-4 slices anyway, it would be moronic to buy individual slices at $8 each, but rather just the entire $26 pizza and throw away what I didn't eat.

Fortunately there was a whole pizza sitting right there. There was nobody in line, and nobody waiting for food.

"I'd like to buy the whole pepperoni," I said to the girl behind the counter.

"Okay, that will be 25 minutes. Do you have time to wait for that?", she asked.

"25 minutes? Why? I see a pepperoni pizza right there. I'll buy that one right now," I clarified.

"We can't sell you that one as a whole. That's for slice purchases," she said.

"That doesn't make any sense. You have whole pizza on the menu. That's a whole pizza. Nobody else is here. Let me buy it," I answered.

"Because if anyone else wants a slice, they'll have to wait 25 minutes while we're making a new one. It's not fair to them," she replied.

Okay, she kinda got me there. Maybe I really was being an entitled dickhead here. Maybe this policy really was set out of concern for making individual slice-buyers wait an unreasonable amount of time. There was only one way to find out the truth...

"Okay, I understand," I seemed to concede. "So I have another idea. Can I buy all six slices individually right now?"

"Yes, that's fine," she said.

"Ah! So it really isn't about preserving it for other people. You're willing to sell me the entire pizza right now, as long as I pay the much higher price per slice! And if I do pay that, then you're perfectly fine making everyone else wait! So this is actually all about money!"

"Well... er.... I mean... umm... well... it's for slices... umm....well.... you just can't," she stammered.

So I whipped out the Seven Stars card. This wasn't to show off or act arrogant. Caesars had (and still has) a general policy that they will make exceptions for Seven Stars members for a lot of minor policy issues.

"I'm a Seven Stars member. Can you make an exception and sell it to me for $26 -- the whole pizza price you have posted right on the wall here?"

"I'm sorry, I already told you we can't."

I asked for the manager. She called the manager, explained it, got an answer and hung up the phone.

"The manager said yes, we can sell it to you for $26," she said in an irritated tone of voice. She then put it in a box, I paid $26 worth of RCs, I brought it up to the room, scarfed down about 4 pieces, and did radio.

No fucking way was I going to pay $48 for a sliced whole pizza when the menu itself said a whole pizza was $26.

fin.

Comments

go_buccos: jewz

Load Metric

Brother there's something honorable about giving no fucks in your fifties and going out in a blaze of glory.

Druff going the opposite of Shaun Deeb fucking rules. I've always been grateful to not a give a shit about food but if you enjoy eating portions meant for a family of 5 then have at it. No rewards at the end of life for eating celery or being a cuck to a number on a scale.

I would probably opt for opiates instead if I ever hit that point as the indigestion from gluttony still irritates me.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric
    What happened to the rest of the pie? When I was a kid, leftover pizza for breakfast was my favorite, but without refrigeration, maybe not.

I am not worried about you, Todd. Keep up the hiking and you'll be fine. You don't drink or do drugs. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Not at all normal or respectable behavior to stand up, approach other tables and “inspect” the “size and quality” of their “pie”

Brother whipping out the 7 stars card like a gun to hold minimum wage fast food employees hostage

Everyone has a fetish

Load Metric
    Not at all normal or respectable behavior to stand up, approach other tables and “inspect” the “size and quality” of their “pie”

Brother whipping out the 7 stars card like a gun to hold minimum wage fast food employees hostage

Everyone has a fetish

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

bullshit
    Seriously, it was when the New Coke came out. I never liked Coke. Now, Dr Pepper is crack to me.
    Didn’t like old or New Coke…

Load Metric

Everyone has a fetish
    Brother imagine being reduced to the role of house wife, sent to Target regularly with shopping lists wearing a fanny pack and clipping coupons.

Many housewives begin tacking on the pounds due to the sheer monotony of their existence, day after day with no purpose other than vacuuming and ensuring the new fabric softener is working as expected.

We've all seen a Karen getting cunty over not getting enough drizzle in her caramel frappuccino. Having no purpose is the cause.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Everyone has a fetish
    I did not approach any tables. I casually walked by and looked at them without people noticing. Very easy to see.

In the other story, the 7 Stars card was not holding any minimum wage employees hostage. It's something you're expected to show at Caesars if you want them to make policy exceptions for you. The lack of Diamond/7 Stars card is why PIPES had such a miserable time at Paris, as it meant to them that you were a second class citizen. That's how Vegas works.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, I had a Plan B at Pizza Rock if it came to it.

Had they refused to let me buy the counter pizza to be served at dine-in, I was going to offer to walk over there, buy it myself, and carry it over to the table. I seriously would have done this.

Fortunately the manager had some sense and just let me order it normally. I still don't understand why it's different pizza in the same restaurant. It's possible that they try harder in the front to make it good, as good by-the-slice pizza is likely to attract both word of mouth and orders for seconds and thirds. In fact, when I first had the Pizza Rock counter slices, I ordered two, but it was so good that I stood in line again to get a third. I would not have done this if it were just okay.

Load Metric
    You could feed 5 people and they wouldn't be hungry with that pizza. I can't eat peperoni now without visiting the toilet to poop and throw up . I really miss it.

Load Metric
    Druff seems like a cat- No matter what happens, he always lands on his feet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

bullshit
    Seriously, it was when the New Coke came out. I never liked Coke. Now, Dr Pepper is crack to me.
    If there's no lookie Lou's around I get coke/dr pepper 50/50, try it.

Thread Information