Thread: RIP Ron Harper….no not that Ron Harper

Load Metric

RIP Ron Harper….no not that Ron Harper

I remember him from the Planet of the Apes TV series but he had a decent career in Hollywood.

“ Ron Harper, who starred on Planet of the Apes and four other short-lived primetime series and on the final season of the beloved kids TV show Land of the Lost during a very busy 15 years on television, has died. He was 91”

I wonder if Harry has any stories or memories of him?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...es-1235859546/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    I remember him from the Planet of the Apes TV series but he had a decent career in Hollywood.

“ Ron Harper, who starred on Planet of the Apes and four other short-lived primetime series and on the final season of the beloved kids TV show Land of the Lost during a very busy 15 years on television, has died. He was 91”

I think he's a bit before Harry's time. Without giving too much away, Harry started working in Hollywood in approximately 1980. Any '70s stuff he may have heard things about, but not experienced himself. Anything before that he probably has little knowledge of, aside from big stories which he may have heard insider talk about later on.

Funny how Ron Harper's name is now much more associated with the okayish basketball player.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I watched that Planet of the Apes TV show as a kid. It only had 14 episodes. I tried watching an episode of the show recently and it doesn't hold up.

I actually have trading cards from the show.

Comments

The Boz: An unopened box from that set sold for over $2,000 recently in an auction.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    I watched that Planet of the Apes TV show as a kid. It only had 14 episodes. I tried watching an episode of the show recently and it doesn't hold up.

I had a lunch box from the TV show as a kid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post

As a kid myself and my friends were infatuated with anything Planet of the Apes at the time and the series was another outlet. But I do remember trying to figure out how it all tied together with the movies and knew Roddy McDowell’s voice anywhere. So of course I wondered why he was now Galen in the series.

For decades later every time I saw or heard Roddy, he was always the guy from Planet of the Apes to me. Even in the classic Fright Night and the not so classic Class of 84.

Load Metric
    Saw him on the 3rd season of Land of the Lost. That third season sucked, he was one of the reasons.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

I think he's a bit before Harry's time. Without giving too much away, Harry started working in Hollywood in approximately 1980. Any '70s stuff he may have heard things about, but not experienced himself. Anything before that he probably has little knowledge of, aside from big stories which he may have heard insider talk about later on.

Funny how Ron Harper's name is now much more associated with the okayish basketball player.
    Okayish? He wasn't fucking LeBron but he is in the Hall of Very Good for sure. Stud two guard on some shit teams, always played D, transitioned into a role player and won 5 rings in 6 years, while being a starter on all those teams.

He was the other Robert Horry, but his "work" was less glamourous.

Thread Information