Thread: So any predicitions on what this Kim Mulkey story is going to be?

Load Metric

So any predicitions on what this Kim Mulkey story is going to be?

She went somewhat off hinged this weekend at a press conference saying she is going to sue the WAPO for defamation if they publish the story. She is making over $3M a year as the LSU women's BB coach. Going to be a really interesting story, she used to coach Britney Griner at Baylor. Word has it she is the male version of Bobby Knight.

Load Metric
    Minimum it's the aggro coaching that has fallen out of favor; guessing she has to get in front of racism allegations as well.

Today's world doesn't permit the old school aggro style; probably tougher to enforce now that players can get paid.

Even I bristled a bit at the 'curriculum' I was given for how to coach 3/4 year olds soccer. Yes, they're young, but this mentality carries on.

In any event, I have heard more about this LSU coach and Caitlin Clark than anything related to the men's NCAA tournament;

College basketball used to be my absolute favorite and nobody seems to give a shit at all anymore.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Minimum it's the aggro coaching that has fallen out of favor; guessing she has to get in front of racism allegations as well.

Today's world doesn't permit the old school aggro style; probably tougher to enforce now that players can get paid.

Even I bristled a bit at the 'curriculum' I was given for how to coach 3/4 year olds soccer. Yes, they're young, but this mentality carries on.

In any event, I have heard more about this LSU coach and Caitlin Clark than anything related to the men's NCAA tournament;

College basketball used to be my absolute favorite and nobody seems to give a shit at all anymore.
    If i remember right her biggest thing before this was more with not liking the queers, and telling them at Baylor (Griner most famously) to "hide your sexuality"

meanwhile any normal person thought Griner was a dude anyway, lesbian was just a starting off point.

Womens bracket is much more entertaining than mens this year, and this will continue I would guess. WNBA pay/world destabilization already makes it worth it for the ladies to get their degree before WNBA, NIL even better. I would wager there are at least 10 girls this year making more in NIL than their salary in WNBA would be.

Load Metric
    It turned out to be a nothingburger. It wasn't the hit piece Mulkey's camp claimed it was.

Comments

1marley1: Or it was and they cut the good stuff after she threatened suit

Platinum
    Load Metric
    She yells at players and makes them get weighed to see if they are in shape….ooooh.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

If i remember right her biggest thing before this was more with not liking the queers, and telling them at Baylor (Griner most famously) to "hide your sexuality"

meanwhile any normal person thought Griner was a dude anyway, lesbian was just a starting off point.

Womens bracket is much more entertaining than mens this year, and this will continue I would guess. WNBA pay/world destabilization already makes it worth it for the ladies to get their degree before WNBA, NIL even better. I would wager there are at least 10 girls this year making more in NIL than their salary in WNBA would be.
    When I looked during the Clark hype, I saw the top 5. Number 5 was making 3x the top WNBA contract. Iirc, 5 was like 675k.

I assume with the ratings for the womens games and attendance, it’s actually money well spent. In the WNBA, it’s just subsidized. RB’s and running Qbs are starting to get to this point in college football.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    It turned out to be a nothingburger. It wasn't the hit piece Mulkey's camp claimed it was.
    They were probably going to out her as a closet carpet muncher, but when they realized it would help her recruiting, they killed the story.

Thread Information