Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Wire and Candace Owens Sever Ties.

Load Metric

Unhappy Daily Wire and Candace Owens Sever Ties.

...over her antisemitic remarks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b2517173.html

Candace Owens will no longer appear on Ben Shapiro's conservative news website The Daily Wire, it was announced on Friday (22 March).

Controversial author Owens joined the media company in 2021 before falling out with co-founder Shapiro last year over her views on the Israel-Hamas war

Daily Wire and Candace Owens have ended their relationship, Daily Wire co-founder Jeremy Boreing tweeted on Friday morning.

Load Metric
    Weird, a socially maladjusted blowhard jew who can't get along with people.

Team Retard is nothing but a bunch of bitches.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    So cancel culture thrives there too

druff has put this nonsense on my radar … shakes head

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Every single time ...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This whole thing has unfortunately brought out the anti-Semitic retard contingent of the right, screaming the usual tropes about the Jews controlling the world and censoring everything.

Because I'm a fan of Shapiro who has been watching him regularly for about 5 years, I can give you a bit of insight here.

This signing of Candace Owens had fail written over it from the start. She signed with them in late 2020, at a time when the Daily Wire was on a mission to swallow up every major conservative social media personality:

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1323795598236131328

I knew from the start that this wasn't going to work out, and my reasoning had nothing to do with Jews.

There are essentially two conservative groups which inhabit social media. Group #1 tends to be less educated, more conspiracy-prone, more Trumpy, more Christian, and more likely to harbor racist, homophobic, or anti-Semitic feelings. Group #2 tends to be more educated, not conspiracy-prone, has mixed feelings on Trump, and less likely to be racist/homophobic/anti-Semitic. Group #1 tends to be very distrusting of all establishment, to the point of obsession. Group #2 distrusts the Democratic establishment, but has mixed feelings about the Republican establishment.

As you might guess, I fall into Group #2. When I argue with other conservatives online, they tend to be more of the Group #1 type.

Daily Wire used to be aimed at Group #2 exclusively. For example, Shapiro himself strongly opposed Trump's candidacy in 2016. He also would never go along with the "stolen election" crap from 2020-21.

However, Shapiro has a business partner named Jeremy Boering, whom I believe owns an equal amount of Daily Wire as Ben. Boering is not a host on Daily Wire, but is rather the "business guy". While Boering has clearly done a good job at monetizing Daily Wire into something big, rising from the company's modest beginnings in 2015, the dude does not appear to be particularly ethical, nor does he always put a lot of thought into his decisions. Shapiro seems to defer to Boering when it comes to business decisions, which sometimes leads to mistakes and embarrassment.

Their decision to sign all of the major conservative social media hosts was a mistake. Grabbing guys like Jordan Peterson is no problem, and in fact probably a smart move. Peterson is a bit weird, and sometimes says controversial things, but when it's all said and done, he's a softspoken Canadian intellectual, and isn't going to stray too far from the company line.

However, signing agitators like Candace Owens and Steven Crowder is another matter entirely.

They dodged a huge bullet with Crowder when he melted down over what he felt was an insulting contract, and Daily Wire won the subsequent PR battle.

Steven Crowder was well known to be an unstable dude with loads of psychological problems, with a history of driving away both friends and colleagues. An established, serious brand like Daily Wire made a huge mistake trying to sign him.

Owens is not unstable or crazy, but she has her own issues. Let's go back to the two groups I talked about. She has always exclusively appealed to Group #1. The more intellectual Group #2 has never enjoyed Owens. She's basically a phony and a manufactured social media agitator, whose entire gimmick is being a well-spoken conservative black woman. Group #1 loves Owens because she reinforces their worldview. If an intelligent black woman agrees with them on everything, they can't be incorrect or bigoted, right?

The problem is that Owens knows her audience. She understands her appeal. That's how she rose to prominence in the first place. The 10/7 Hamas attacks weirdly united both the anti-Semitic far left and the anti-Semitic far right. It gave both groups an excuse to openly spout anti-Jewish and anti-Israel rhetoric on social media. The far left hid behind "preventing genocide" when confronted about their vile statements. The far right did less hiding, with some simply bring out anti-Jewish conspiracy tropes, but some like Owens pretended it was all about keeping US taxpayer money in the US.

In reality, Owens could not take Shapiro's pro-Israel line because her fanbase wouldn't go for that. Her brand was dependent upon opposing Israel and validating the Jew hatred of her supporters.

And going back once again to the two groups I described, Group #1 was mostly anti-Israel (even if not pro-Hamas), and Group #2 was very pro-Israel.

So this created a very predictable and instant rift between Owens and her bosses at Daily Wire.

So how could this have been prevented? Clearly Boering and Shapiro could not have predicted this major Hamas attack on Israel when they signed Owens three years prior.

At the time they signed her, there should have been an agreement regarding the type of content and opinions expressed on Daily Wire. And if they couldn't come to such an agreement, don't sign her.

And if they were so hot on having Owens and her followers into the Daily Wire family, yet couldn't (or didn't want to) muzzle her controversial statements, they should have just accepted that she will sometimes piss off Shapiro and the other hosts, and commit to themselves to deal with it under the banner of free speech.

My guess is they underestimated how far she'd stray from the company line, presumably from going over her past content. But the potential was always there. It did not surprise me at all that Owens was spouting anti-Israel crap after 10/7.

I imagine that Shapiro and Boering had arguments about this over the past 5 months, and finally Shapiro probably put his foot down and demanded they get rid of her.

Well, guess what, Benny boy? This is what happens when you cede the business decisions mostly to a guy whose strategy revolves solely around conservative media domination, with little thought to consequences of his attempts.

And don't get me started about the big money they're wasting on "conservative children's programming", which is almost 100% guaranteed to be a gigantic fail.

Daily Wire is at its best when they just stick to what they're good at, and when they focus upon their core audience -- that aforementioned Group #2. Matt Walsh's "What is a Woman" was a good example of this. It was a clever, humorous, gentle-but-effective documentary mocking the left loonies regarding the gender identity cult. Not only did it land well with Daily Wire's base, but it also resonated with Group #1, and even non-conservatives. It's not hard for reasonable people to agree that the gender cult has gotten out of control.

That's the shit they should be creating, if they want to stray from YouTube shows and try new things.

Comments

OK2: tribal blindfold

sah_24: Terrible take ... every single time

desertrunner: Good take, pisses of the liberals here.

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/cu...article-731595

Tel Aviv Pride is among the biggest annual pride events in the world and as of 2019, it is the biggest in Asia. Tourists travel from all over the world to attend pride events in Tel Aviv each summer.

ugly? check
    annoying? check
    gay? check
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric
    Understand I’ve never watched either. Which prolly leaves me with an advantage here.

There are other outlets that present various political views. She didn’t toe the company line regarding Israel and was cancelled.

Free speech site not so much

Regarding group #1 vs group #2 …. trying to parse Trump’s recent comments - appears to be just rhetoric but he concerns me

Load Metric
    Ben Shapiro reminds me a lot of Gene Simmons. Both are overbearing as hell. Bet it is difficult working for either one of them. Owens is probably happy she is away from there. Financially she is going to take a hit though. But she has appeal. She will be fine.

Can't blame Shapiro taking the stand he has. This is the Jews own personal 9/11. They have to let the rest of the world know that this can never happen to them again. Whoever financed the Hamas attack didn't give a damn about Gaza because they knew what Israel would retaliate. If they don't care about Gaza, why should the Jews?

Terrible thing that 10/3 happened but it is fun seeing the democrat party and fossil joe biden twist in the wind on this one.

Comments

OK2: Both are overbearing as hell. Bet it is difficult working for either one of them < perceptive
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Gene Simmons and Ben Shapiro. I’m going to need a moment. Feels brilliant cause i don’t understand.

Honestly, i never saw anything Gene Simmons either. Always passed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Understand I’ve never watched either. Which prolly leaves me with an advantage here.

There are other outlets that present various political views. She didn’t toe the company line regarding Israel and was cancelled.

Regarding group #1 vs group #2 …. trying to parse Trump’s recent comments - appears to be just rhetoric but he concerns me
    Are you cancelled if you're trying to get fired? She seemed to be close to the Costanza wiping strawberry juice on Babe Ruth's jersey/bodysuit man stage of the game.

I don't watch either, but every mention of her was fighting with rabbis and antisemitic shit. Then she comes out and stakes her reputation, which is kind of the company's reputation, on French presidents wife was a man story. She seemed determined to get crazier by the week.

That's when I commented she was seemingly trying to get fired.

Her comment was "I'm finally free!."

Her husband started that parler fail site and is friends with Kanye. I am sure he has plans for her. She is more popular than Shapiro, as group 1 in Druff's story is the GOP now.

Comments

Sanlmar: Ok, this helps. Learning more than i really want to.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Are you cancelled if you're trying to get fired? She seemed to be close to the Costanza wiping strawberry juice on Babe Ruth's jersey/bodysuit man stage of the game.

I don't watch either, but every mention of her was fighting with rabbis and antisemitic shit. Then she comes out and stakes her reputation, which is kind of the company's reputation, on French presidents wife was a man story. She seemed determined to get crazier by the week.

That's when I commented she was seemingly trying to get fired.

Her comment was "I'm finally free!."

Her husband started that parler fail site and is friends with Kanye. I am sure he has plans for her. She is more popular than Shapiro, as group 1 in Druff's story is the GOP now.
    She was either trying to get fired, or decided she literally gave zero shits if it happened. At minimum, she prioritized her personal brand and audience over keeping her position at Daily Wire.

Your point about the video regarding Macron's wife is a good one. That had nothing to do with Jews or 10/7, but was exactly in the whack-job conspiracy wheelhouse which Owens unsurprisingly embraced, whereas this sort of thing had always been absent from Daily Wire. Simply put, Daily Wire never dealt in conspiracies or outrageous content. That's why the Owens signing made zero sense.

It looked to me like Jeremy Boering's entire rationale was, "Candace Owens has a big following, we want her audience, let's sign her", without any kind of more complex thinking beyond that. Boering comes off to me as a guy who can look really savvy when he's right, but is also prone to boneheaded mistakes. This was one of them.

I agree this wasn't a cancellation. It was the equivalent of a bad marriage between two highly incompatible parties.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    1956 To this day there's a reason people can't agree on the meaning. How many times have you seen a debate devolve into the meaning of anti-whatever?
    It's a phony word that should not be used in polite society, esp discussing serious subjects.
    https://www.jstor.org/stable/communi...79063425694b68
    Name:  badwords.PNG
Views: 157
Size:  704.1 KB

Besides, tricks are for kids.

Load Metric
    This video is telling. Rabbi Barclay explains to Owens in no uncertain terms that if you make any statements expressing sympathy for the suffering and dying of innocent palestinian kids you are hopelessly, brazenly anti-semitic.

This is what Owens is facing from Jewish extremists. I watched this entire video. Within the first 15 minutes I thought damn this guy is a lunatic. Nothing in what he said for the next hour and a half changed my mind. In this guy's mind there has never been a more horrific crime in history than Oct. 7. Just off the top of my head I can name many that it pales in comparison to. Rwanda, for example.

But the gist of what he and his ilk are saying is that if you show just one ounce of empathy for palestinians, even their kids, you are brazenly anti-semitic and an enemy of the Jewish state.

I'm pro-Israel. But I don't like fuckers like Barclay. Candace did a brilliant job here of exposing the lunacy.

Comments

1dollarboxcar: bingo ++++
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post

Tel Aviv Pride is among the biggest annual pride events in the world and as of 2019, it is the biggest in Asia. Tourists travel from all over the world to attend pride events in Tel Aviv each summer.

ugly? check
    annoying? check
    gay? check
    Tel Aviv in Asia? Perhaps this stupid Gringo was educated in U.S. Public Schools. Perhaps it's not his fault that he is so stupid. Get this Gringo a fucking map.

Comments

1dollarboxcar: muchos cervezas...... :)
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    You might want to delete that comment cerveza

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post

ugly? check
    annoying? check
    gay? check
    Tel Aviv in Asia? Perhaps this stupid Gringo was educated in U.S. Public Schools. Perhaps it's not his fault that he is so stupid. Get this Gringo a fucking map.
    Asia is the world's largest continent, extending from Turkey to the west and Japan to the east, from Kazakhstan to the north and the Maldives to the south and Indonesia to the southeast. Israel and Palestine are in Southwest Asia

Name:  Nguyen-Asia-Israel-map.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  122.1 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dollarboxcar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Asia is the world's largest continent, extending from Turkey to the west and Japan to the east, from Kazakhstan to the north and the Maldives to the south and Indonesia to the southeast. Israel and Palestine are in Southwest Asia

Name:  Nguyen-Asia-Israel-map.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  122.1 KB

1) There never was and is not a country called Palestine.

2) Asia was originally comprised of John Wetton (King Crimson), Steve Howe (Yes, Anderson Bruford Wakeman & Howe), Carl Palmer (ELP) and Geoff Downes (Buggles, Yes).

3) Subsequent lineups included Greg Lake (ELP), Jay Schellen (Yes), & Billy Sherwood (Yes, Circa) among others. Tel Aviv has never been part of any lineup of Asia. Don't even know what instrument he plays.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Criticizing the ongoing genocide, or not accepting the muh holocaust excuse, will get you removed from anything Zionists control.

Kushner opening flaunting his plans for developing Beach Front properties in Gaza is disgusting.

The Israeli flag has replaced the Nazi flag as the universal symbol of humans at their worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This isn't about Zionists or any conspiracy to keep people from criticizing Israel.

It is about a company with a certain image wanting to maintain that image. They made a bad hire of a popular but manufactured alt-right personality, and it blew up in their face.

Owens is very good at what she does. She's a good speaker, and comes off as serious/reasonable even when saying ridiculous things. And she's a black female, so the novelty of that in alt-right spaces led to additional attention, for reasons I already stated.

She'd be great on a platform like Rumble, or as a host of a talk show on some kind of far right news/opinion network.

She doesn't fit at Daily Wire, especially with Shapiro being an Orthodox Jew. It was only a matter of time before this blew up. I knew it in 2020 when they signed her. Much like Crowder wouldn't have worked out there due to his psychological instability.

I find it funny that people are having such a hard time with this very simple concept. You have the alt-right and far left saying that Owens was fired as part of a Zionist conspiracy to suppress the truth. You have the mainstream right saying that she was fired due to disgusting anti-Semitism. Few are getting it. The 10/7 issue was a symptom of the problem with hiring Owens, not the cause of her demise there.

Load Metric
    You are agreeing while disagreeing. You want Zionists to control the narrative across the political spectrum. People opposed to the Zionist approved narratives can have their spaces so long as the majority of people won't hear their views and the 'approved' media sources all ostracize them with slurs like far right conspiracy theorists when they report FACTS that don't align with Zionist talking points. There was a time when Oct 7 lies would be consumed and believed by 90% of the West. Sort of like when they lied us into Iraq,Syria, Libya, Afganastan, Ukrraine, and provided cover for dozens of coups, exaggerated the holocaust, etc. Now we laugh at the 40 beheaded babies story and mass rape reports, and the absurd idea that an occupied people have no right to fight their oppressors using any tactic they can.

Now we have the GrayZone, ANC Report, MoonofAlabama, Judge Nap on Youtube even, completely blowing massive holes in the protected false narratives. It wasn't lies from Candace that got her fired, it was speaking truths that opposed the lies Zionists don't want questioned.

DailyWire has no obligation to host Candace or anyone else, nor do they have an obligation to the truth. It's great that they exposed themselves to so many more people that were drinking from their fountain by firing her. Watch as they follow the 'mainstream' media into obscurity as people seek out news sources versus Zionist propaganda sources. I don't know anybody still listening to Ben He jumped the Shark.

Comments

1dollarboxcar: ++++
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Thread Information