Thread: Default or Print

Load Metric

Default or Print

Debt Jubilee

What a great term. Not one we would have used the past 40 years but i think it’ll fall into popular use now

When you have a class of borrowers who have no hope of repayment. Perhaps you do this to avoid an economic calamity ….

Student Loan Forgiveness is the first one.

…. or to provide economic stimulus during a period of high inflation

Maybe car loans are next

Load Metric
    cash giveaways to use for houses to spur that segment of the economy and keep buying votes. the door was opened with GWB, its really an artist's muse now. GG

Load Metric
    Lyndon Baines Johnson 1963... "These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them n-words voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

"allegedly"

he also said:

“For so long as man has lived on this earth, poverty has been his curse. On every continent in every age men have sought escape from poverty's oppression."

and by god we are doing all we can to divest ourselves of this privilege. hard, hard times ahead.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Lyndon Baines Johnson 1963... "These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them n-words voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

"allegedly"

he also said:

“For so long as man has lived on this earth, poverty has been his curse. On every continent in every age men have sought escape from poverty's oppression."

and by god we are doing all we can to divest ourselves of this privilege. hard, hard times ahead.

yes thats all well and good but what does catturd2 say?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

"allegedly"

he also said:

yes thats all well and good but what does catturd2 say?

you are not typically one to hold it in - say what is on your mind.

Load Metric
    For me after being hit by a car that actually totally changed everything for me debt wise, before I has ~60k+ in student loans, probably tons in hospital debts I couldn't pay or didn't, and didn't care. I thought everyone has debt it's normal and didn't care which actually all changed for me after being hit by a car. My debt ratio changed and now live actually debt free, my student loans got discharged and it's been 3 years so they're gone, also my hospital bill from being hit by the car was ~1.5 Million+ when didn't wake up for a month, that bill was a lot. And because Medicaid and disability its gone, had to give some of my lawsuit money to pay the hospital bill but its gone fortunately. All said and done im 44 and now actually debt free it's also why didn't buy a car when i got my money and invested in a house with my folks that made the most sense to me and everyone needs a place to live.

5 years ago or more never imagined being in the situation I am now and totally debt free with a good credit score it's really amazing and a blessing for me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    For me after being hit by a car that actually totally changed everything for me debt wise, before I has ~60k+ in student loans, probably tons in hospital debts I couldn't pay or didn't, and didn't care. I thought everyone has debt it's normal and didn't care which actually all changed for me after being hit by a car. My debt ratio changed and now live actually debt free, my student loans got discharged and it's been 3 years so they're gone, also my hospital bill from being hit by the car was ~1.5 Million+ when didn't wake up for a month, that bill was a lot. And because Medicaid and disability its gone, had to give some of my lawsuit money to pay the hospital bill but its gone fortunately. All said and done im 44 and now actually debt free it's also why didn't buy a car when i got my money and invested in a house with my folks that made the most sense to me and everyone needs a place to live.

5 years ago or more never imagined being in the situation I am now and totally debt free with a good credit score it's really amazing and a blessing for me

peak PFA here folks.

Load Metric
    Is Garrett suggesting the US should get hit by a car so they can get out of debt?

Comments

OK2: lol

Kuntmissioner:

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  8905FD5F-6723-413D-B335-61812D460893.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  146.1 KB

Comments

Tellafriend: luullz

OK2: one of the funniest movie characters

herbertstemple: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Always ends the same ... Weimar 2.0 will be no different.

Stackin

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

This is very true. If I were you I’d sign up for Elon musks neurolink studies. They are looking for MVA survivors. It’s quite possible that in ten years and being one of the first volunteers you’ll be the most intelligent on this board.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric

I would definitely do it again if I were you. While some feel the stock market is currently overvalued, there is still long term opportunity to buy a low cost S&P 500 fund like Vanguard to set you up for later in life.

Just don’t make it too obvious and make sure it’s a white guy in a decent car so the odds are they have decent insurance. And as a repeat customer you should be able to negotiate a lower fee with the ambulance chaser you hire to represent you.

Thread Information