Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: thank god trump is a billionaire, since he has to cough up 83m to the rape victim he disparaged

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dollarboxcar View Post
    let's compare this case with the Johnny Depp case... and i think we should, very comparable cases... why was Depp allowed to bring evidence to show what a whack job Amber Heard was?? well because that is part of the process and a normal and legal defense tactic to discredit an accuser and weed out possible false allegations. Trump was never afforded any of this and was basically told to shut up and take it on the chin... i am pretty sure without looking that the Depp and Trump case were in 2 different court districts but the laws should be not that far off as to what a defense can bring as evidence or try to discredit what the plaintiff brings as evidence. it's a total 180 of what Depp and his defense was able to do compared to Trump's case....

and we all know now what kind of ties the Trump judge had with the plaintiff and who financed the plaintiff's case (Caroll) .... total hit job from start to finish... any lawyers that come here and try to defend what just happened to Trump should be disbarred right in line with this judge and the prosecutor attorneys who represented Caroll... end of story... GET OVER YOUR TDS !!!...
    Going to be one of the more hilarious moments when he is President and this gets tossed on appeal. You think TDS is bad now, just wait until that meltdown happens. Winning $85M on being called a whack job. This just makes Trump stronger, only the far left loons think this is a just verdict.

Comments

1dollarboxcar: ++++

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Going to be one of the more hilarious moments when he is President and this gets tossed on appeal. You think TDS is bad now, just wait until that meltdown happens. Winning $85M on being called a whack job. This just makes Trump stronger, only the far left loons think this is a just verdict.
    Yep...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    David USF: He doesn't. He has a milliom. Learn to read.

has all of the jew bashing tilted you over the edge?
    YAWN

Nope. But your lack of a sense of humor seems to have tilted you.

oh, is that what that was, humor? was top, top.

Comments

garrett: You want more don't you idiot

Load Metric
    garrett: You want more don't you idiot

shut up garret.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    There are one of two things going on here with anyone that believes the allegations in this case and/or are in support of Trump being forced to pay out nearly 90 million.

Either they are so dumb and brainwashed they genuinely believe this bullshit or they are knowingly going along with lies and corruption to fit their agenda.

Either way, despite how much better these people think they are than Trump supporters, this makes them really no different than the worst Trump zealot in the grand scheme of things.

Horseshoe theory at its finest.
    Both the charges will never stick, her details are just too sketchy and vague from 1996, and despite what PFA's odd-job failed lawyer Jayjami says, the plaintiff's case will die on appeal. Trump might pay some nuisance cash just to make it go away, but it will be years from now well after he leaves his second term, like 2031. Given her age and the fact she had no kids or husband, her lawyers will just collect it. I guess that was the point of them recruiting her in the first place.

If I am her legal team, I am jumping ship and trying to find clients against Vince McMahon the last 5 years or so, you know they are there.
    Here is the complaint, if anyone is interested:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...d-trump-112422

I've already opined on this elsewhere, so I'll be brief (by my standards).

Page 4, Paragraph 18: The first thing to note is that the complaint doesn't even specify a fucking year. It says that this occurred at some point between Fall '95 and Spring '96; my math might not be great...but isn't that a nine-month range? The reason that the complaint is so vague is fairly obvious, to me, you can't pick a date (or even relatively narrow range) where he might not have been in NYC whatsoever and could prove (or present strong evidence) that he wasn't in NYC whatsoever. If you're going to do this, then really, you could just do some research and at least narrow it down to a specific month where there was evidence of him being in NYC a good bit.

Page 4, Paragraph 19: Doesn't remember what season it was, or even what year, but remembers she didn't buy anything.

The next several paragraphs are ridiculously specific; they can be, because there's no opportunity to disprove that he wasn't there on the night alleged (in a nine-month window) in the first place.

The next section details Carroll telling two people about it who were friends of hers. If I were on the jury, in order to take that at face value, I'd have to believe the friends couldn't be compelled to lie...or otherwise be convinced into remembering a phone call that never occurred or (perhaps less sordid) details about an interaction with Trump, at that location, that had occurred. How the fuck does nobody remember what month this was?

The big problems here are that other accusations and unrelated statements that Trump has made, "Grab 'em by the pussy," aren't strictly relevant to whether he raped Carroll. The closest thing to evidence Carroll has is two friends who support the story that such a phone call took place. One of the other friends is also a journalist; I find it astonishing that two journalists wouldn't think to make a record (even in some sort of code) of an incident, such as this, so as to at least preserve the date that it supposedly happened.

Furthermore, even if she and Trump had both been at this place at the same time (which there's basically no evidence to illustrate), it's not impossible that some sort of consensual sexual liaison took place between the two.

Of course, if I were on the jury, I'd definitely be willing to believe that Trump engaged in some sexual impropriety if you could at least, beyond all doubt, put them in the same place. Actually, if Carroll would have just specified a date, rather than a nine-month range, that might even be good enough for me because it's at least (in theory) falsifiable.

In short, Carroll presented a claim and evidence that literally can't possibly be falsified; I would assume such is by design. As much as I hate to say it, because I positively hate Trump, I'd have to find in his favor if I were on the jury.

The worst part, in my opinion, is that Trump's goose was cooked before this (and some other) shit. By, 'Other shit,' I mean the efforts of other states to keep him off the ballot, etc. If the Democrats had simply let the bullshit allegations of the election being stolen, the so-called 'Insurrection' and Trump's disastrous (particularly in states like PA and AZ) endorsements stand on their own, then he'd be politically finished. That's also despite that his SCOTUS nominee was one of the ones to overturn Roe v. Wade despite describing it as, "Settled law."

What did the Democrats do instead? It looks to me like they are trying to turn Trump into a sympathetic figure (in the eyes of some), railroad him in every place and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It's too early to know whether or not they'll succeed in that.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    For 50 years Trump has never gone anywhere without an entourage. And furthermore, the man could not walk down the street without being recognized. Papparazzi everywhere.

But we are led to believe he made his way, without an entourage, and without being noticed, down the street to a department store alone, and raped a woman while employee's of the store were nearby.

The case is entirely political. Her lawyers were paid upfront by people out to get Trump by any means necessary. NYC votes 90% democrat. Easy to get a kangaroo conviction in that spot.

All of this stuff is starting to blow back on democrats....and it's going to get worse if republicans take over next January. What goes around comes around. Dems were warned that that by weaponizing the justice system against their political opponents they were setting themselves up to go to prison.

Fani Willis will be the first to fall. She is going to be kicked off the Georgia case within a couple of weeks, impeached by a 60% majority republican Georgia legislature, disbarred and most likely sent to prison on about 12 counts.

Willis won't be the last. Special prosecutors will be appointed to go after the Bidens for their criminal acts. Merrick Garland and Mayorkas will also be prosecuted.

Hey, lefties, be careful what you wish for.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Thread Information