Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2024 Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2024 Thread

Max Muncy re-signed for 2 more years, at a pretty good price, of $12 million each.

He hit 36 HR again. In 4 of his past 5 full seasons, he's hit either 35 or 36 HR. However, he's not hitting for average at all, at .196 and .212 in the past 2 seasons. His defense has also taken a step back, so he will probably DH unless they sign Ohtani.

Muncy is not young, despite his first full MLB season being 2018. He will be 33 1/2 when the next season starts.

Comments

Sanlmar: Assembling thet post season roster now. $25m for Kershaw next

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Craig Breslow hired to be head of baseball ops for Red Sox, which by itself is a nothing-burger of a story. Whats fascinating, to me, is the people they asked to interview who declined:

Derek Falvey, Kim Ng, Jon Daniels, James Click, Michael Hill, Sam Fuld, Brandon Gomes, and Mike Hazen are among the prominent executives who have declined to interview for the Red Sox job
    Now half of that list is what you expect, Former heads or current assistants. The 3 that stand out are Falvey, Click, and Hazen....CURRENT heads of ops for the Twins, Blue Jays, and D'Backs!

Does this current shitshow of Red Sox ownership actually still think their organization is a top-flight destination for any exec??? Everyone saw the throwing of Bloom under the bus.

They had more people turn them down than actually interview.
    I was trashing L’Chiam Bloom before the first pitch was thrown this year. Bloom and Fraudman are the only two that I targeted.

As MLB cognoscenti were aware, Red Sox ownership and management were roundly boo’d when that idiot took the stage at the Spring Fanfest. I am not alone and really not as loud as some.

Bloom was the first fired - and it was done BEFORE THE SEASON ENDED. Do I really have to enumerate his shortcomings?

Funny Bloom was a Fraudman disciple. C’mon laugh with me.

Comments

Dan Druff:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Max Muncy re-signed for 2 more years, at a pretty good price, of $12 million each.

He hit 36 HR again. In 4 of his past 5 full seasons, he's hit either 35 or 36 HR. However, he's not hitting for average at all, at .196 and .212 in the past 2 seasons. His defense has also taken a step back, so he will probably DH unless they sign Ohtani.

Muncy is not young, despite his first full MLB season being 2018. He will be 33 1/2 when the next season starts.
    Do you think we can get Corey Seager back too lol?

Load Metric
    Craig Breslow hired to be head of baseball ops for Red Sox, which by itself is a nothing-burger of a story. Whats fascinating, to me, is the people they asked to interview who declined:

Derek Falvey, Kim Ng, Jon Daniels, James Click, Michael Hill, Sam Fuld, Brandon Gomes, and Mike Hazen are among the prominent executives who have declined to interview for the Red Sox job
    Now half of that list is what you expect, Former heads or current assistants. The 3 that stand out are Falvey, Click, and Hazen....CURRENT heads of ops for the Twins, Blue Jays, and D'Backs!

Does this current shitshow of Red Sox ownership actually still think their organization is a top-flight destination for any exec??? Everyone saw the throwing of Bloom under the bus.

They had more people turn them down than actually interview.
    This is not my take but I have to give it grudging respect.

It's because of Cora's insight. He's not just a manager and everyone knows it. They are almost grooming Cora to take a front office role, and I think many declined because of that. Bringing in Breslow, who has ties to Boston and a previous relationship with Cora is a great move in that aspect.

Don’t foul this discussion with trash can nonsense. Allow yourself to appear to be a functional adult in the real world. tia

Load Metric
    Now even the Dodgers are penny-pinching. They had a 9.5m option to bring back the Joe Kelly Experience, with a 1m buyout. They buy him out. Now, they re-signed him for 1 year 8m. A whopping 500k savings.

Friedmans got Dave Roberts searching for change in the clubhouse sofas. Anything to tack on to that Ohtani offer.

Load Metric
    Now even the Dodgers are penny-pinching. They had a 9.5m option to bring back the Joe Kelly Experience, with a 1m buyout. They buy him out. Now, they re-signed him for 1 year 8m. A whopping 500k savings.

Friedmans got Dave Roberts searching for change in the clubhouse sofas. Anything to tack on to that Ohtani offer.
    I enjoy every one of your baseball posts.

the joe kelly experience. Lol

I do enjoy a good Friedman story.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Kelly is the same age as Kershaw.

Strange but true.

They seemed to want to bring some personality back to the team, as the three main names associated with the club (Friedman, Betts. Kershaw) are all quiet guys.

They got Kike' back from the Sawks, and then they grabbed Kelly.

Kike' isn't back yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they sign him, as well. He's popular with the fans, as is Kelly ever since he threw at Carlos Correa and mouthed off at him.

He can still be very effective if going well, but not sure if that's going to decline during his age 36 season.

It is funny how they declined his option just to re-sign him for $500k less than had they picked it up. I'm guessing they took an "if he leaves, he leaves" attitude and tried to save a few million, and then ended up only saving $500k/

There's talk about bringing back Justin Tuner, but I don't see where there's room for him if they sign Ohtani or bring back JD Martinez.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Kelly is the same age as Kershaw.

Strange but true.

They seemed to want to bring some personality back to the team, as the three main names associated with the club (Friedman, Betts. Kershaw) are all quiet guys.

They got Kike' back from the Sawks, and then they grabbed Kelly.

Kike' isn't back yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they sign him, as well. He's popular with the fans, as is Kelly ever since he threw at Carlos Correa and mouthed off at him.

He can still be very effective if going well, but not sure if that's going to decline during his age 36 season.

It is funny how they declined his option just to re-sign him for $500k less than had they picked it up. I'm guessing they took an "if he leaves, he leaves" attitude and tried to save a few million, and then ended up only saving $500k/

There's talk about bringing back Justin Tuner, but I don't see where there's room for him if they sign Ohtani or bring back JD Martinez.
    Rumor on the street is that the Dodgers are making a play for Trout, not Otani.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Rumor on the street is that the Dodgers are making a play for Trout, not Otani.
    Why would the Dodgers pay Trout $400m for Center Field (part time) if they have a young Outman for $400m less.

Trout’s playoff experience - that last great Dodger hurdle and boogie man?

It’s stupid so it’s in Friedman’s wheelhouse. He’s all about summer fun and filling seats. I wouldn’t.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Rumor on the street is that the Dodgers are making a play for Trout, not Ohtani.
    Dave Roberts apparently violated the one simple condition Shohei’s team requested. Dodgers are out.

Thread Information