Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2024 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Which team has the most strikeouts in the MLB? Too easy. Billion dollar Dodgers

Which team has a 3 outcome approach at the plate with multiple men on base. Yup. Swing for the fences. Friedman analytics.

Which team has the best record in baseball? BCR knows.

Cleveland Bibee to record a win vs Oakland +140 is a good bet. Even on a squirrelly MLB Sunday

We doing up 2 early plus money dog vs Dodgers again? Gotta look. Funny it’s Glasnow. Weird.

Mets over 3.5 +105
    What a gloriously bad pitch that 0-2 pitch was to Naylor. Some breathing room

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Which team has the most strikeouts in the MLB? Too easy. Billion dollar Dodgers

Which team has a 3 outcome approach at the plate with multiple men on base. Yup. Swing for the fences. Friedman analytics.

Which team has the best record in baseball? BCR knows.

Cleveland Bibee to record a win vs Oakland +140 is a good bet. Even on a squirrelly MLB Sunday

We doing up 2 early plus money dog vs Dodgers again? Gotta look. Funny it’s Glasnow. Weird.

Mets over 3.5 +105
    What a gloriously bad pitch that 0-2 pitch was to Naylor. Some breathing room
    I saw that too. Inexplicable. Phew.

Naylor drove that ball where a Dodger woulda been all launch angle. Cleveland can manufacture them runs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    As if more couldn't go wrong for the Rockies...

That's the Rockies hitting coach.

Now the FAA is investigating: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ting-faa-probe

This isn't really a big deal, though. The plane was one autopilot, the whole thing was clearly a photo/video gag, and the real pilot was sitting in the co-pilot's seat. It's not like they gave this guy the controls, or let him actually help fly the plane.

I understand that, especially since 9/11, they shouldn't allow non-crew into the cockpit during flight, and especially not in the pilot's chair. But was there any actual danger? Short of this dude going suicidal, knowing how to take over, and being able to overpower the 3 people in there who would try to stop him, not really. And I don't see the Rockies hitting coach being a murder-suicidal maniac.

Pretty dumb of the pilot to allow this though.
    Rockies hitting coach? I'm surprised the plane didn't immediately nosedive.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Cubs have Seiya Suzuki out, but honestly their lineup isn't that good, even with Suzuki around. They can really use some offensive help, especially with Cody Bellinger looking less like 2023 and more like the prior few years.

Instead of giving AB to low-ceiling guys like Mike Tauchmann, why don't they just bite the bullet and promote big prospect Matt Shaw? Shaw is killing AA, whereas the one more heralded offensive prospect in their system -- Pete Crow-Armstrong -- isn't looking very good at the moment.

The Cubs have done decently offensively so far -- 5.4 runs per game. However, the underlying lineup just isn't very powerful, and I don't see this holding up. The NL Central is wide open, even with the Brewers' hot start.

For whatever reason, they seem to mishandle a lot of players recently. Christopher Morel seems to be on the bench often when he's blistering the ball, and is in the lineup every day when he's awful (like right now).

Load Metric
    I wish I knew a White Sox fan just so I could make fun of them. Buried 14.5 back after 25 games is hard to do. Absolutely stone cold dead before April is over. Talk about a lost season.

I think 22 losses in April might be among the worst ever starts, and they still have probably 3 more games.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I wish I knew a White Sox fan just so I could make fun of them. Buried 14.5 back after 25 games is hard to do. Absolutely stone cold dead before April is over. Talk about a lost season.

I think 22 losses in April might be among the worst ever starts, and they still have probably 3 more games.
    Much as he grated on me, I wish Hawk Harrelson were still the White Sox play by play guy. He would have had a dozen heart attacks by now the way the Sox are losing some of these games.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Somehow relative parity right now.

15 of 30 teams are within 4 games of .500 right now, either way.

26 of 30 teams have won at least 10 games.

The A's are 10-16, the Nationals are 10-14.

So far there have been only 4 teams with horrendous starts:

The Marlins, originally expected to win something like 75 games this year, is dreadful, and is 6-20.

The Rockies are expectedly bad at 7-19.

The White Sox were expected to be bad, but not THIS bad, sitting at 3-22.

The Astros, projected by The Athletic to win the division with 93 victories, are somehow off to a 7-19 start.

Aside from the better-than-expected Nationals and A's thus far, we are also seeing surprisingly good things out of the Indians (18-7), Yankees (17-9, despite Judge struggling), Royals (16-10), Brewers (16-8), and Cubs (16-9).

Dodgers are somehow only 9-8 at home. They will still win the division.

Load Metric
    Dodgers are somehow only 9-8 at home. They will still win the division and choke in the playoffs.
    FYP since San must be on vacay or sleeping in.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Dodgers are somehow only 9-8 at home. They will still win the division and choke in the playoffs.
    FYP since San must be on vacay or sleeping in.
    I think Druff knows this year. He’s like a Leafs fan now.

Gonna be fun in Toronto. Dodgers would be a bottom of AL East team. How many times can they play Nationals and Mets anyway?

Dodgers vs a righty and disciplined Toronto bats vs bum Stone. Don’t fold like Leafs

Load Metric
    My osession the past two weeks is playing the DK “Up 2 Early” promo. Fun as hell. Cheering on the A’s lulz.

It’s an Away Dog promo. At least that’s how people approach it

Some maths being shared by twitter types fwiw.

Name:  IMG_8790.jpeg
Views: 28
Size:  66.3 KB

I ultimately took Guardians @ +180. Sale is pitch to contact and Guards are disciplined at plate.

I shoulda taken Dodgers but long shots are a rare treat for me

Load Metric
    Somehow relative parity right now.

15 of 30 teams are within 4 games of .500 right now, either way.

26 of 30 teams have won at least 10 games.

The A's are 10-16, the Nationals are 10-14.

So far there have been only 4 teams with horrendous starts:

The Marlins, originally expected to win something like 75 games this year, is dreadful, and is 6-20.

The Rockies are expectedly bad at 7-19.

The White Sox were expected to be bad, but not THIS bad, sitting at 3-22.

The Astros, projected by The Athletic to win the division with 93 victories, are somehow off to a 7-19 start.

Aside from the better-than-expected Nationals and A's thus far, we are also seeing surprisingly good things out of the Indians (18-7), Yankees (17-9, despite Judge struggling), Royals (16-10), Brewers (16-8), and Cubs (16-9).

Dodgers are somehow only 9-8 at home. They will still win the division.
    Angels are 10-15. Mike Trout has 10 homers already. Is this the year they finally pull the plug and trade him? Who doesn’t want to see him in the playoffs? Or is he gonna be another Ernie Banks?

Silver
    Load Metric
    My Braves with a big series (at least for April anyways) against BCRs Guardians this weekend.

Two best records in baseball thus far; should be a fun one.

Somehow the Braves are 17-6 despite the following:

-Lost the preseason NL CY favorite for the year in Strider (killed some futures bets of mine too)
    -Lost their All-Star C Sean Murphy on opening day
    -Lost all-star 2B Ozzie Albies for 10 days with a broken toe (he’s back tonight)
    -Reigning NL MVP Acuña has a sub .780 OPS w/ only 1HR
    -Matt Olson is hitting .216 and has an OPS of .759
    -Austin Riley OPS of .725
    -Max Fried has an ERA of 4.97
    -Charlie Morton has an ERA of 4.70

It’s kind of amazing they have the best record in baseball given all that, but their 5th starter Reynaldo Lopez has a 0.72 ERA, the bullpen has been mostly great, Marcell Ozuna has been on fire, as has Travis d’Arnaud.

The latter guys are all going to regress heavily but the former ones should regress to the mean in a positive direction. I’m ready to be hurt again in October.

Comments

Sanlmar: I hope this matches expectations for fun series.

BCR: Should be a fun series.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    My Braves with a big series (at least for April anyways) against BCRs Guardians this weekend.

Two best records in baseball thus far; should be a fun one.

Somehow the Braves are 17-6 despite the following:

-Lost the preseason NL CY favorite for the year in Strider (killed some futures bets of mine too)
    -Lost their All-Star C Sean Murphy on opening day
    -Lost all-star 2B Ozzie Albies for 10 days with a broken toe (he’s back tonight)
    -Reigning NL MVP Acuña has a sub .780 OPS w/ only 1HR
    -Matt Olson is hitting .216 and has an OPS of .759
    -Austin Riley OPS of .725
    -Max Fried has an ERA of 4.97
    -Charlie Morton has an ERA of 4.70

It’s kind of amazing they have the best record in baseball given all that, but their 5th starter Reynaldo Lopez has a 0.72 ERA, the bullpen has been mostly great, Marcell Ozuna has been on fire, as has Travis d’Arnaud.

The latter guys are all going to regress heavily but the former ones should regress to the mean in a positive direction. I’m ready to be hurt again in October.

Yeah its been fun to walk around with my chest puffed out at our quick start, but I would gladly take 1/3 in Atl. We have faced A's, Red Sox, and White Sox for over half of our schedule. Our bullpen is legit. The starters have been dancing between raindrops, which you can do against those offenses, but I am not delusional about this team. I expected 75 wins before Bieber went out. I'd be thrilled at 3/3 over next 6 as the Astros kill us also and are off to bad start. Two out of six isn't a killer even, just don't want to get blanked.

I am looking forward to the series and seeing them against quality even if it goes poorly. The Tribe fights, which I love even on bad days. Hopefully it's a competitive series.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Silver
    Load Metric
    Yep the Braves have played 6 already against the Marlins, and had a series with the White Sox and Astros so they’ve benefited from a soft schedule as well. One of the White Sox 3 wins is against the Braves.

Thread Information