Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Posters with TDS (commonly known as Trump Derangement Syndrome)

Load Metric
    im a little mad splitthis thinks im fatter than tine just cuz i enjoy a couple slices of car pumpkin pie

Load Metric
    #3 Limitles

I am conflicted about this selection, because this guy was actually a really good poster, for many years. Then around 2018 he became infected with TDS. Now, he has a bad beat in life being raised in Canada, nobody would want that. He used to be a fairly humorous guy. He he simply got infected, like I said he is a Canadian so he already has two strikes against him, I mean outside of the sport of hockey has anything worthwhile every came out of Canada? FTR, I hate hockey so scratch that off the list.

I knew a guy who was became infected with HIV. It was sad, I believe he was a flaming homosexual in a side life and did some unwise encounters. But after his diagnosis he changed. Just became unhinged and you just wanted to stay away from him. Unfortunately limitles has fallen in that category and he is too far gone to even help any longer. Sad days, but TDS is real.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    #3 Limitles

I am conflicted about this selection, because this guy was actually a really good poster, for many years. Then around 2018 he became infected with TDS. Now, he has a bad beat in life being raised in Canada, nobody would want that. He used to be a fairly humorous guy. He he simply got infected, like I said he is a Canadian so he already has two strikes against him, I mean outside of the sport of hockey has anything worthwhile every came out of Canada? FTR, I hate hockey so scratch that off the list.

I knew a guy who was became infected with HIV. It was sad, I believe he was a flaming homosexual in a side life and did some unwise encounters. But after his diagnosis he changed. Just became unhinged and you just wanted to stay away from him. Unfortunately limitles has fallen in that category and he is too far gone to even help any longer. Sad days, but TDS is real.

Retract my recent assessment, tgull is god
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Comments

splitthis: Quoting faggots, cool.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Comments

Sanlmar: Must see tv. Gonna be chock full of lulz

Load Metric
    I just read there will be no audience. I had a moment there cause I would have passed if there was. It really is miraculous there is not.

I forget which clown wanted an audience and which did not

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I just read there will be no audience. I had a moment there cause I would have passed if there was. It really is miraculous there is not.

I honestly think the networks are just really hurting to make this intersting. With rfk leaving and getting no air time there is nothing going on with Democrats. With republicans you have a blow out win for trump but he refuses to attend any debates nor even do that many interviews. Let’s face it for entertainment value this has been a huge let down. The desantis trump juggernaut never happened and the two never even got to debate. You have media talking about Haley but that’s really just cause there is nothing else to talk about.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

I honestly think the networks are just really hurting to make this intersting. With rfk leaving and getting no air time there is nothing going on with Democrats. With republicans you have a blow out win for trump but he refuses to attend any debates nor even do that many interviews. Let’s face it for entertainment value this has been a huge let down. The desantis trump juggernaut never happened and the two never even got to debate. You have media talking about Haley but that’s really just cause there is nothing else to talk about.
    This sums it up pretty well.

Besides the obvious political dichotomy there is the smooth pretty boy who is alledgedly a polished debater vs the autistic kid.

I ignore all things California thus I actually know very little of Newsom. Kinda interested to see him on stage.

Could get weird

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

This sums it up pretty well.

Besides the obvious political dichotomy there is the smooth pretty boy who is alledgedly a polished debater vs the autistic kid.

I ignore all things California thus I actually know very little of Newsom. Kinda interested to see him on stage.

Could get weird
    Listen to this for a primer on Newsom. It was amazing his handlers let him go on that podcast a decade ago.

Comments

Sanlmar: I’ll put it in the queue for tonight.

Load Metric
    @betcheck

2024 is gonna be madness. The Democrats full court press to prohibit a popular opposition candidate from running is going to redouble. Heaven forbid we don’t want this to be decided by voters.

For example, I predict several states will seek to keep Trump off the ballot in some fashion. I doubt any will succeed but another chink in democracy and all that. Sort of in keeping with your observation about RFK and the absence of any debates involving any the pertinent candidates for the benefit of the citizen voters….
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-28-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DeSantis versus Newsom would have been a more interesting debate about 9 months ago.

That's because Newsom is the 2028 favorite for the Democratic nomination at the moment, and even an outside chance for 2024 (if Biden keels over).

DeSantis, at one point, was considered the certain frontrunner for the 2028 nomination on the Republican side. That was back when it was assumed he would either beat both Trump and Biden in 2024, or lose to Trump and then become the nominee 4 years later.

However, what most didn't account for was DeSantis' inability to translate his Florida success to the national stage. There were several reasons this happened:

1) Far less scrutiny on gubernatorial candidates, even in a big state like Florida, as compared to a Presidential race. DeSantis' strong points shined brightly in Florida, and his weak point weren't as apparent.

2) Gubernatorial candidate DeSantis was a lot better than Presidential candidate DeSantis. Much like poker players who lose because they abandon their fundamentals and focus too much on how to trick opponents, DeSantis morphed into what he thought he had to be in order to beat Trump, instead of just staying with what worked. DeSantis governed with common sense, was conservative but rarely extreme, and had a keen eye for unpopular positions of Democrats which he could attack. That's why he crushed the 2022 election. However, Presidential candidate DeSantis decided to become a weird, more conservative pseudo-Trump, and it didn't land.

3) It's not easy to take on Trump and his fanboys. You can come out of nowhere and beat an incumbent when Trump endorses you. You can crush in the reelection gubernatorial race when your record is good and Trump is not attacking you. But you're going to get hammered really hard when you try to convince a big chunk of your base that Trump sucks.

4) DeSantis has some form of social anxiety. Despite all of his personality flaws, Trump is a very social guy and is great at relating to people, especially in a live setting. DeSantis is the opposite. He seems to fear human interaction, even with big donors and diehard supporters. It's hard enough to become President with that social handicap, but when you're up against a guy whose strength is social interaction, you're especially fucked.

BOTTOM LINE: DeSantis will not beat Trump, and he probably will not be the Republican nominee at any point in the future, unless the field really sucks (see McCain, John). He hasn't had a Rubio moment, but he definitely isn't catching on this time around, and I have to imagine someone else will be the nominee in 2028 -- even possibly Trump again if he loses the 2024 general.

Therefore, this glimpse-into-the-future debate probably has little consequence.

You can bump this thread in 4 years and mock me if I'm wrong about all this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and Benjamin will be able to vote in the '28 election, which is probably crazy to those of you who remember when I announced he was born.

He despises Newsom. While a lot can happen in the next 4 years, it is likely he will vote Republican. Not that it will matter in California for a Presidential election.

I am not one of those parents who tries to brainwash their kid politically. He knows I'm a Republican, and I've explained my reasons for my political positions. He's actually a lot like me in his own natural feel for the issues, albeit the way a 13-year-old would do it. I don't see him as one of those kids who suddenly dies his hair pink and announces he's going to take down the straight white male capitalist patriarchy. Honestly would shock me if that happened.

My parents didn't attempt to influence me politically at all. I decided I was a Republican at around Benjamin's age, before I even knew what my parents' politics were. I knew they voted for Reagan, but so did a lot of Democrats, so that didn't mean much. I was just naturally drawn to the conservative line of thinking, with the exception of the issues of free speech (which later came to be a conservative position anyway) and the environment (where I'm a centrist).

Gold
    Load Metric
    Newsome would win 2024 if he runs

Easy $

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Easy $
    Not so fast. He's incompetent, and has fallen upwards despite that. Ask anyone in SF from his mayoral days. He was terrible.

Load Metric

Easy $
    Not if the GOP put up a decent candidate. They could paint a really bad picture of him, without too much photoshopping. But lol @ Team Retard. They’re are going to nominate they one guy who can’t win.

Gold
    Load Metric
    It doesn’t matter if he’s incompetent

Look around lately pal?

Comments

Sanlmar: making a point

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Look around lately pal?
    The problem is that California has massive issues, and he's going to have a hard time defending his record.

That's what's so maddening about DeSantis. Florida has done great in the 2020s, including during COVID. DeSantis had a great record to run on, but somehow he fucked it all up, between his weird personality and his ill-advised shift in strategy.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Look around lately pal?
    The problem is that California has massive issues, and he's going to have a hard time defending his record.

That's what's so maddening about DeSantis. Florida has done great in the 2020s, including during COVID. DeSantis had a great record to run on, but somehow he fucked it all up, between his weird personality and his ill-advised shift in strategy.
    And eating pudding with his fingers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Imagine having a state with beaches, mountains, all kinds of industry, great moderate weather (and not-so-moderate if that's your thing), and people are LEAVING the state in droves.

That's a sign that the government is massively fucked up.

When I was a kid, people were rapidly abandoning places like Chicago, New York, and New Jersey, realizing that there's no need to suffer in shitty weather for more than half the year. My own parents did exactly that in 1973, when I was 1.

Now people are leaving the place which everyone used to see as their dream location.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Imagine having a state with beaches, mountains, all kinds of industry, great moderate weather (and not-so-moderate if that's your thing), and people are LEAVING the state in droves.

That's a sign that the government is massively fucked up.

When I was a kid, people were rapidly abandoning places like Chicago, New York, and New Jersey, realizing that there's no need to suffer in shitty weather for more than half the year. My own parents did exactly that in 1973, when I was 1.

Now people are leaving the place which everyone used to see as their dream location.
    It would be really interesting to have them recount what SoCal was like in ‘73. It had to be paradise. That would be an incredible read.

Before the 405, the sprawl, population explosion and the weirdness

Paradise lost

Thread Information