Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: INVESTING- Stocks, mutual funds and IRAs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Desert runner you mention you “follow” stocks, some since 2016

This means you’re invested? If not why are you following a particular stock for that long? Waiting for a buying opportunity? What’s the deal? Long wait if you ask me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Desert runner you mention you “follow” stocks, some since 2016

This means you’re invested? If not why are you following a particular stock for that long? Waiting for a buying opportunity? What’s the deal? Long wait if you ask me
    I’ve been invested in several stocks for a long time. As for “following”, there’s a few I like buy have t purchased, like Verizon. But the stocks I have know and all long time investments.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    congrats on getting lapped by the nasdaq, halfwit.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    I also have been buying a NASDAQ index fund

Do you think that is smart ?

Load Metric
    congrats on getting lapped by the nasdaq, halfwit.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

just short BYD like the rest of us.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Other people would agree with you. I dont want to give out advice on that here. Again, Im not an expert, just a small player.

Load Metric

just short BYD like the rest of us.
    Name:  983BD741-6278-4DB8-BA35-1892B0D44B03.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  107.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Anyone curious about T-Mobile stock, these are their performance numbers posted up at Fidelity-

Price performance

5-day +3.98%

10-day +3.69%

1-month +6.34%

3-month +15.61%

6-month +16.57%

YTD +0.99%

1-year +15.65%

2-year +39.60%

5-year +154.54%

10-year +381.30%
    The 10 year number really surprised me, but seems legit.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...ss-mobile-app/
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I keep posting about T-Mobile and here is a fresh report on Fidelity...

T-Mobile is the Undefeated Network Champ in Latest Third-Party Report
    Business Wire

1:34 PM ET Jan-16-2024

The new report from Ookla finds T-Mobile swept the competition, for the sixth quarter in a row

BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- How long does it take for a trend to become the norm? Ookla, the global leader in network intelligence and connectivity insights, today shared a report confirming T-Mobile’s network remains undefeated in overall network performance and 5G performance in its Speedtest® Global Index Market Analysis United States Q4 2023 report, which leverages tests from millions of real-world users from across the country to identify the best performing carrier for each respective category. Now for over a year, the Un-carrier has gone undefeated in every single category for network performance, continuing its nationwide leadership and delivering on its promise to enhance the daily lives of Americans with superior connectivity.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...0115542992/en/

“In just a few short years, T-Mobile has gone from network underdog to emerging as America’s connectivity champion,” said Ulf Ewaldsson, President of Technology, T-Mobile. “We still have so much more up our sleeve, and Ookla’s report starts the year off with a bang.”

Here are the wins the Un-carrier is walking away with and what they mean for users on T-Mobile’s network:

Fastest Provider: T-Mobile’s median download speeds are 2x faster than AT&T and Verizon. Need to get directions, download a movie, refresh social channels or search the web? T-Mobile gets to the end result faster than any other provider. Upload speeds are no joke either. Posting that last selfie before takeoff? Once again, T-Mobile gets it done faster.
    Lowest Multi-Server Latency: Critical for augmented reality, virtual reality, mobile gaming, and so much more, low latency reduces lag and increases responsiveness. Sometimes less is more, and T-Mobile’s got the lowest.
    Most Consistent: T-Mobile’s network has the most consistent service with the most consistent network speeds.
    Best Mobile Video Experience: Looking to stream instead of download? T-Mobile is the best place for it.

5G Network Performance

Fastest 5G Performance: When on 5G, T-Mobile’s speeds are so fast they rival broadband! (aka home internet)
    Lowest 5G latency: For even crisper response times at 5G speeds.
    Undefeated 5G network consistency: T-Mobile remains undefeated for 5G consistency.
    Best 5G video score: T-Mobile has the best 5G mobile video experience.

The Un-carrier also retains its title as the nation’s fastest network, leading in 46 states and the District of Columbia as well as in 67 of the 100 most populous U.S. cities.

T-Mobile is the leader in 5G, delivering the country’s largest, fastest and most awarded 5G network. The Un-carrier’s 5G network covers more than 330 million people across two million square miles — more square miles than AT&T and Verizon combined. 300 million people nationwide are covered by T-Mobile’s super-fast Ultra Capacity 5G with over 2x more square miles of coverage than similar mid-band 5G offerings from the Un-carrier’s closest competitors.

Follow T-Mobile’s Official Twitter Newsroom @TMobileNews to stay up to date with the latest company news.

See 5G device, coverage, & access details at T-Mobile.com. Based on analysis by Ookla® of Speedtest Intelligence® data for the U.S., Q4 2023. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission.

About T-Mobile US, Inc. (TMUS.NaE)

T-Mobile US, Inc. (TMUS.NaE) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile and Sprint. For more information please visit: https://www.t-mobile.com.

View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...0115542992/en/

Load Metric
    Another fresh T-Mobile article. I have been texting Druff to buy TMUS stock and I hope he finally does it.

Better Telecom Stock: T-Mobile US vs. Verizon Communications

The wireless communications industry in America has multiple companies but only a small group of viable competitors. AT&T, Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), and T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) control virtually the entire market. While these three competitors are relatively interchangeable in the eyes of most customers concerning the services they provide, their stocks have not performed the same over the past several years.

T-Mobile stock has obliterated its wireless competitors for the past decade, teaching investors valuable lessons about long-term investing. While Verizon has a seemingly dirt cheap price tag and a hefty dividend, here is why investors should focus on the big picture and own T-Mobile stock instead.
    T-Mobile Stock Price performance
    5-day -1.10%

10-day -0.85%

1-month -1.31%

3-month +8.97%

6-month +15.75%

YTD +0.05%

1-year +8.72%

2-year +26.28%

5-year +122.64%

10-year +412.66%

Load Metric
    Desertrunner and Druff gonna meet at Dennys Monday to discuss NVidia’s earnings and it effect on the future of the market

Regardless of the particular results ploppies need to get hurt.

The waitress will split the check.

Load Metric
    When two neocons meet over coffee I’m curious what you think of giving Taiwan $19b of arms and flashlights.

We never gave Taiwan arms pkgs before Biden. Count on us to make matters worse as we are witnessing in the Middle East

NVDA is a fab-less company. Taiwan Semiconductor makes their chips. You see my dilemma. Don’t fuck things up you two.

Comments

country978: nvda has been great. still holding

Load Metric
    Just as Apple was birthed in the Jobs family garage the idea for NVidia was born in a Dennys while the founding engineers spent hours drinking coffee and eating Grand Slam breakfasts.

I think NVidia beats estimates but forecasts poorly. We see this elsewhere including the company that builds the NVidia product - TMSC.

More importantly, we are in an AI bubble. Market has been running hot. Lotta calls out there. NVDA is the biggest part of the Magnificent 7 and is an outsize component in market averages. Everything is wack - so it’s time to clear the fields of the momentum traders…. the weak hands.

That’s what I meant about hurting people. How can the most people get clipped for the most amount of money in the shortest amount of time.

I love NVidia and AI is getting crazy good crazy fast. It’s here now. It needs chips to run on. Lots of them. NVidia is into everything else from data centers, gaming, crypto, autonomous driving etc. Competitors are coming and the founder is getting older. It’s good but no layup.

The management structure is flat like Zappos was without the candles and huffing. That’s just a personal thing.

I’ll sell you some calls and buy some puts.

Let’s see what the next hours leading up to this bring. Every kid will be following this and I hate being involved in something so public. People are not as dumb as they used to be and I ain’t as sharp as I once was.

Load Metric
    Bezos is selling a huge chunk of Amazon and Cathy Wood is dumping NVidia. Maybe it was Bezos ex wife. Maybe it was Gates ex wife. Maybe it was my wife.

People are selling

Look at AMZN. Selling here? Oh boy.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    Michael Dell is selling/sold two penthouse condos in Boston. One he is asking what he paid ten years ago $35m. The other is $100m.

I think Boston commercial real estate might finally be cracking. Maybe I’m wrong. Reminds me of 1989 if memory serves. Fun.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    I just cut the cord. I suffered enough ridicule. I literally just bought 2 Roku Ultras. I had an old Firestick with my boomer cable.

The new Rokus were just an attempt to match the look and feel of a Roku tv we had and to get each tv looking uniform. Gotta say it delivers an amazing picture and throughput on our better tvs. Firestick was getting sketchy.

I mention Roku here because the same day I commit to Roku the stock tanks 24%.

I’m still trying to navigate my way through streaming and packages. I’m suffering separation anxiety over being disconnected from ABC CBS NBC and other local live.

I just mucked around with a cheap antennae. Huge fail.

The people I know my age just have cable. The younger people I know are no help cause they don’t care about tv. They just continue to humiliate me. That’s fine. Self reliance is what made this country great.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric

INVESTING- Stocks, mutual funds and IRAs

Wanted to share that I do alittle investing for a family member and she owns 1 share of Chevron. Checking the return numbers, she's made over 9% on her small investment. I keep learning more and more about Chevron and finding they are an impressive company and stock.

I ask want to see Druff buy some CVX stock as well.

Load Metric
    I wanted to share this and def make sure Druff sees this- Over and over, ExxonMobil comes up as a good job. I have been following them for a long time and love 3 major oil stocks, including them.

Link- The 3 Best Stocks to Buy in April 2024

Exxon Mobil (XOM)

Source: Jonathan Weiss / Shutterstock.com

At first glance, the integrated oil and gas giant Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM) seems an anachronistic idea. With the political and ideological winds favoring clean and renewable infrastructure, XOM appears to be on its last legs. However, fossil fuels enjoy high energy density. That’s one of the key reasons why the world continues to run on hydrocarbons.

Another factor benefiting (albeit cynically) Exxon Mobil is the geopolitical backdrop. With military conflict likely not fading anytime soon in Europe, supplies could be artificially lowered. In turn, this dynamic should increase demand – especially if economic activity improves. So, I’m not particularly worried about Exxon’s choppy performance in fiscal 2023; that is, missing earnings estimates in the second and third quarters and beating in Q1 and Q4.

As for fiscal 2024, analysts anticipate EPS of $8.35 on revenue of $308.31 billion. Yes, these are disappointing stats, particularly since 2023 sales reached $319 billion. However, the high-side target calls for $351.69 billion.

Combined with Exxon’s forward dividend yield of 3.27%, XOM makes a solid case for best stocks to buy in April.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What do you think about Chipotle with the split in June? I had to buy 2 shares just to have it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    What do you think about Chipotle with the split in June? I had to buy 2 shares just to have it.
    Funny how I just happened to check on this a couple months back and it was at around $2300 a share and I assumed it was going to split soon. I didn’t know about the June date. I also assume once the split, share price is really going down and staying down.

I love their food, but don’t know enough about the stock to buy. I rather stick with my oil, energy and teleco.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    Funny how I just happened to check on this a couple months back and it was at around $2300 a share and I assumed it was going to split soon. I didn’t know about the June date. I also assume once the split, share price is really going down and staying down.

I love their food, but don’t know enough about the stock to buy. I rather stick with my oil, energy and teleco.
    It’s in my gambling account in case it goes meme. I mostly have dividend and qqq for retirement.

I do love selling covered calls for disposable income.

Thread Information