Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broke my tailbone this weekend

Load Metric

Broke my tailbone this weekend

Immense pain, would not wish this on anyone, not joking. Slipped down some non-carpeted steps, fracture, can stand fine but cannot sit. Worst pain on the planet. Sleep ok, but cannot sit. FML.

Comments

Mission146: Brutal fucking injury. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Immense pain, would not wish this on anyone, not joking. Slipped down some non-carpeted steps, fracture, can stand fine but cannot sit. Worst pain on the planet. Sleep ok, but cannot sit. FML.

Are you out yet and and how are you going to afford food?

I's time to play the crazy card

You might consider moving in with Todd and his cousin

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Load Metric
    may it pass quickly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Sorry brother, hope it gets better. That is a bad beat.

Bruised mine once slipping on some black ice like a cartoon character. Smacked elbow and tailbone on frozen street. A bad beat.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    How many cocktails deep were you when this occurred?

Comments

Load Metric

Feel better soon and sue somebody.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    How many cocktails deep were you when this occurred?
    Would have been a better story but no. Just got back from the Doc, nothing they can do. Refused pain meds, just going to tough it out. Going to be a miserable month. Just canceled our Thanksgiving trip. The thought of being in a car for four hours, vibrating, cannot do. Prayers are welcome, this fucking sucks.

Comments

country978: prayers

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  AA25B46D-43F3-4981-A89A-E4AAA41262B8.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  248.8 KB

good decision rejecting the pain meds just don’t take the easy way out using your immobility as an excuse to lay around getting hammered

you still owe an explanation for exactly what happened the coccyx just doesn’t suddenly break. you had to have fallen or tripped somehow

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post

good decision rejecting the pain meds just don’t take the easy way out using your immobility as an excuse to lay around getting hammered

you still owe an explanation for exactly what happened the coccyx just doesn’t suddenly break. you had to have fallen or tripped somehow
    Slipped on a step with socks on, second from the bottom. Landed right on the tailbone, no time to brace. A fracture. Deep bruise from lower back to the upper thigh. Funny thing is I can stand fine, I just can't sit without immense pain getting up and down. Tried to drive a minute ago YEAH NO THANKS.

Banned
    Load Metric

Slipped on a step with socks on, second from the bottom. Landed right on the tailbone, no time to brace. A fracture. Deep bruise from lower back to the upper thigh. Funny thing is I can stand fine, I just can't sit without immense pain getting up and down. Tried to drive a minute ago YEAH NO THANKS.

god damn that fucking sucks I could feel it just reading that

broke my coccyx when I was a kid its not fun and takes forever to heal

on a positive note just be thankful you didn’t break one of your ribs that is way worse trust me

Load Metric
    Yeah this is going to be a horrible month. They offered me Percocets, or whatever they are called. I said I have battled alcohol my whole life, not getting anywhere near that. Won't be drinking for at least a month, I simply cannot get up after seated without assistance to take a piss. I'm not even eating, afraid to take a shit. This is the worst. But refusing the pain meds no matter how tempting. Feel bad I made some fun of UGAISTHETEAM. Karma is a bitch, first hand.

Comments

big dick: PANZY

Load Metric
    I don’t mean to be a dick…… lol

Anyways, get some stool softeners, better to be loose than have to strain.

Sit on a heating pad.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Yeah this is going to be a horrible month. They offered me Percocets, or whatever they are called. I said I have battled alcohol my whole life, not getting anywhere near that. Won't be drinking for at least a month, I simply cannot get up after seated without assistance to take a piss. I'm not even eating, afraid to take a shit. This is the worst. But refusing the pain meds no matter how tempting. Feel bad I made some fun of UGAISTHETEAM. Karma is a bitch, first hand.
    Believe Druff required crutches, albeit from gout caused by hot dog intake. Just don't make your partner bring them to you on the can, have some decency.

Smart to pass up the opiates. Good luck brother.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    That sucks. I’ve known people to get shots directly into that coccyx area, like anesthetic type trigger point injections, but from what I just read, I don’t think it would do much. It appears those are more for degenerative type issues.

You probably wouldn’t want the percs for the reason split mentioned. It would have the opposite effect of a stool softener, which would make for a miserable experience. One of those cushions will probably help at some point, not just likely for a few weeks.

It sucks not to be able to sit, but thankfully you can lay down without discomfort and sleep. I’d just take it easy way and catch up on sleep and get through it.

Load Metric

No time to brace because you're an unathletic pussy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    That sucks. I’ve known people to get shots directly into that coccyx area, like anesthetic type trigger point injections, but from what I just read, I don’t think it would do much. It appears those are more for degenerative type issues.

You probably wouldn’t want the percs for the reason split mentioned. It would have the opposite effect of a stool softener, which would make for a miserable experience. One of those cushions will probably help at some point, not just likely for a few weeks.

It sucks not to be able to sit, but thankfully you can lay down without discomfort and sleep. I’d just take it easy way and catch up on sleep and get through it.
    Yeah, I got about 11 hours of sleep yesterday, which is a ton for me, I am usually 5 to 6 a night. I went to bed last night at 8pm and woke up at 3am, everything is just off. I actually got a cane delivered from Amazon yesterday. Balance purposes, terrified from falling again. I am not a complainer, but the pain is immense. I can see why people take pain medication. I am resisting and staying away, but when you get shooting barbs up your spine you just want it to go away. Fucking worst.

Comments

big dick: No time to brace because you're an unathletic pussy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Yeah, I got about 11 hours of sleep yesterday, which is a ton for me, I am usually 5 to 6 a night. I went to bed last night at 8pm and woke up at 3am, everything is just off. I actually got a cane delivered from Amazon yesterday. Balance purposes, terrified from falling again. I am not a complainer, but the pain is immense. I can see why people take pain medication. I am resisting and staying away, but when you get shooting barbs up your spine you just want it to go away. Fucking worst.

having had radicular pain in the past i can say unapologetically, there is a time and place for strong pain killers. Anyone who says otherwise, hasn't walked the walk.

Load Metric
    Did that like 20yrs ago. Fell out a damn shower back in 2003 and didnt think much of it. Yeah it hurt, but then when I had a car wreck in 2005 did xrays and they asked hey when did you break your tailbone (apparently it snapped off and was pointing inward at a weird angle and had healed in that position).

Load Metric
    Still stinging pain, although getting better. Basically its like a toothache at this point, you just deal with it. I will admit, non stop pain just creates a depressive mindset. I was up at 3am this morning. Then a Wounded Warrior commercial comes on with a soldier with no legs and you basically tell yourself stop being a fucking pussy.

Comments

Gold
    Load Metric
    Still stinging pain, although getting better. Basically its like a toothache at this point, you just deal with it. I will admit, non stop pain just creates a depressive mindset. I was up at 3am this morning. Then a Wounded Warrior commercial comes on with a soldier with no legs and you basically tell yourself stop being a fucking pussy.
    Do you smoke weed? I find its a cure for almost anything.

I'm sorry for your trouble and do hope you feel better again soon

Thread Information