Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arby’s Store #7087 Is Lookin’ GOOD

Load Metric
    We got the beef. But since tyde recommending will try it this week as wife away on business just drove her to airport. Never had the Arbys. Closest is 20 minutes away. People swear by White Castle. Nastiest food I had.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    We got the beef. But since tyde recommending will try it this week as wife away on business just drove her to airport. Never had the Arbys. Closest is 20 minutes away. People swear by White Castle. Nastiest food I had.
    I had White Castle a grand total of one time. Kept hearing about it for years. So like 10 years ago I pulled into one. Worst food I have ever eaten. Got like 5 of those micro burgers, tossed three of them. When I say tossed, literally whizzed out the window on a highway.

A hidden gem is Long John Silvers. I get it time to time, good shrimp.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I had White Castle a grand total of one time. Kept hearing about it for years. So like 10 years ago I pulled into one. Worst food I have ever eaten. Got like 5 of those micro burgers, tossed three of them. When I say tossed, literally whizzed out the window on a highway.

A hidden gem is Long John Silvers. I get it time to time, good shrimp.

Load Metric
    Your from Southern California and would know more about I n Out Burger not White Castle its an older traditional but nasty fast food Joint in the Northeast mostly (Only came to Florida recently)

its kinda funny how some view it in some kinda special way because you wont get them micro burgers (lolll) everywhere and little insight to the white castle burger you hated

#1 thing to know about a White Castle Burger is they aren't grilled, they're steamed

Load Metric
    Because we don't compete in their space the new Wendy's breakfast thing sausiiiiiige biscuit and their elite breakfast potatoes is kinda popping yall find urself a coke zero somwhere else but its great also no egg which is a bonus

Load Metric
    Oops I fucked u[ their slogan its actually we got the meats

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Your from Southern California and would know more about I n Out Burger not White Castle its an older traditional but nasty fast food Joint in the Northeast mostly (Only came to Florida recently)

its kinda funny how some view it in some kinda special way because you wont get them micro burgers (lolll) everywhere and little insight to the white castle burger you hated

#1 thing to know about a White Castle Burger is they aren't grilled, they're steamed
    Here you go (in Californian): White Castle is shit; In-N-Out is the total shit.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I tried White Castle for the very first time when I was walking around Fremont Street in Las Vegas recently

0 stars

just awful

In & Out obv the stone cold nuts

Comments

Jayjami: My experience at that exact same location

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I tried White Castle for the very first time when I was walking around Fremont Street in Las Vegas recently

0 stars

just awful

Those micro burgers were like those small hockey pucks at an arcade game. Literally I whipped them at exit signs, for all I know they dented the sign.

KFC is actually pretty decent, I stopped there the other day, good stuff there, been years since I had been. Two chicken legs, mac and cheese and mashed with gravy ain't too bad. $7 with a diet Dr Pepper, value meal.

Load Metric
    Stopped in yesterday and got a French Dip. I'm telling you this sandwich is the nuts. Get an extra au jus for the curley fries. Probably get a week's worth of sodium as a bonus. Always good for the body to stockpile sodium on the days you might not get enough.

Comments

Mission146:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

0 stars

just awful

One night I strolled into the Las Vegas strip location of White Castle.

I asked for a burger with no onions.

"We don't do custom orders here," they replied.

Say what? I have never been to a fast food burger joint which won't do custom orders.

"There are the burgers we are selling. You can buy them, or not buy them if you don't like them," I was told.

Well, thanks for the fucking newsflash.

I almost walked out, but it was late at night and I was tired and didn't feel like searching out what else was open.

I bought a few of those tiny burgers and scraped the onions off myself.

They were terrible. I don't understand the hype. Because Harold and Kumar got stoned and ate them in a movie 20 years ago?

Never again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

0 stars

just awful

One night I strolled into the Las Vegas strip location of White Castle.

I asked for a burger with no onions.

"We don't do custom orders here," they replied.

Say what? I have never been to a fast food burger joint which won't do custom orders.

"There are the burgers we are selling. You can buy them, or not buy them if you don't like them," I was told.

Well, thanks for the fucking newsflash.

I almost walked out, but it was late at night and I was tired and didn't feel like searching out what else was open.

I bought a few of those tiny burgers and scraped the onions off myself.

They were terrible. I don't understand the hype. Because Harold and Kumar got stoned and ate them in a movie 20 years ago?

Never again.
    Another place that is the absolute worst is Little Caesars. I had never been in one to get a pizza, but one day I pulled over to get a soda, and there was a Little Caesars next door and they advertised a lunch special on their window, like 2 slices and a drink for $5. I was like why not.

On the highway, one bite, that was it, sailed both slices out the window. As bad a White Castle was, that place was infinitely worse.

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric
    I live about 3 minutes from the first Arbys. My dad would take me when I was a little kid. I recall a time when I'd ask for it on vacation in Florida when I was young and it wasn't yet a national chain. By junior high/ high school it was national. I recall having some FBA (future business and what the a stands for is something that escapes me) class in high school and one of the founders came in and spoke since they were local. Some old Jew.

Up to that point, I always thought Arby's stood for roast beef. It was for Raffel Brothers, two Jewish brothers from over here who started it and eventually sold out to RC Cola. I think it would be a bold move for store 7087 to embrace its Zionist origins and have the employees wear yarmulkes, observe the high holidays, and prepare the smokehouse brisket in a more traditional manner. Consider this a note dropped in the suggestion box.

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric
    Stopped in yesterday and got a French Dip. I'm telling you this sandwich is the nuts. Get an extra au jus for the curley fries. Probably get a week's worth of sodium as a bonus. Always good for the body to stockpile sodium on the days you might not get enough.
    I might eat at an Arby's once a year, but it's always a Reuben, which I think is pretty good for the price. Make sure to ask them NOT to put the horseradish on it and just get two or three horseradish sauce cups on the side, instead. Trust me on this. Your sandwich either needs wrung out or the bread is barely painted if you let them do it. Also, curly fries dipped in the horsey sauce; that's fucking living.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric

Another place that is the absolute worst is Little Caesars. I had never been in one to get a pizza, but one day I pulled over to get a soda, and there was a Little Caesars next door and they advertised a lunch special on their window, like 2 slices and a drink for $5. I was like why not.

On the highway, one bite, that was it, sailed both slices out the window. As bad a White Castle was, that place was infinitely worse.
    (Clipped, quote-in-quote removed)

Little Caesars definitely sucks. It's also no longer possessive, so the implication is that there would be a bunch of miniature Caesars running around, but I've never seen a Caesar there nor have I seen any other Roman Emperor. Very disappointing. 2/10.

All of that out of the way, if you've ever had kids and have thrown a large(ish) birthday party for them, you really can't do better than Little Caesars. It's cheap and they're kids, so it's not like they would know Little Caesars from...

I don't know. Vocelli, I guess? You guys heard of Vocelli? Regional chain; pretty good. I can't think of a good pizza place everyone would know.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    Cost about $1M - $1.5M to open an Arbys. Free standing costs more than say attached to a Pilot. Payback is 5 to 7 years:

Sales $1,253,804 100%

COGS $(386,172) 30.80%
    Gross Profit $867,632 69%
    Labor $(285,867) 23%
    Marketing $(102,812) 8%
    Occupancy $(112,842) 9%
    Other OpEx $(150,456) 12%

EBITDA $215,654 17%

You can see how these franchise owners make a killing if they own say 10 or so.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  526C9073-8AA8-4B9F-8C7E-3E2EB5860CED.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  586.7 KB

Load Metric
    One of the best posts on PFA in 2023. It's really a sad state of affairs around here. Tyde we could sure use a IHOP experience.

Load Metric

Thread Information