View Poll Results: How much should I demand BACK from the $250 meal after 5 people got food poisoning?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero.. point... zero

4 16.67%
  • $50

0 0%
  • $100

1 4.17%
  • $125

1 4.17%
  • $175

0 0%
  • The entire $250

12 50.00%
  • The entire $250 PLUS more money

5 20.83%
  • Don't know / don't care

1 4.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JEW make the call -- Food poisoning edition

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

It was a meat. That's all I'll reveal for right now. Obviously there are various ways this can get someone sick if not handled/prepared/stored properly.
    Why the secrecy?

I don't know if you took your family out to shovel down corn dogs or what, but obviously what you all ate to render five people ill is relevant context.
    Already voted in your favor, just curious.
    Realize the site owner is invested, in more ways than one, in views.

Tales of being mistreated by any and all forms of retailers are relatable.

Embellishment is the salt to a sauce.

Take it all with a grain of salt.

Load Metric

It was a meat. That's all I'll reveal for right now. Obviously there are various ways this can get someone sick if not handled/prepared/stored properly.
    Why the secrecy?

I don't know if you took your family out to shovel down corn dogs or what, but obviously what you all ate to render five people ill is relevant context.
    remember when Druff completely melted down on radio cause Drexel kept asking him about a dish/what he got from a particular restaurant and kept prodding cause Druff was acting fucking strange about it?

Comments

country978: lol yes i do

Load Metric
    How many of you were vaccinated and have you reported this to VAERS yet?

Also how much were you previously tipping for pickup? Yes this matters

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Like for takeout? A few dollars. 5% maybe.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

So now you can't form a sentence either?
    If your first sentence was an attempt at humour you have failed twice. Take a minute, regroup and try again

Load Metric

Im against tipping for food they charge enough, we have a go to pizza pasta and chinese couple of times a week, I always pick it up. Went to mcdonalds ordered 2 meals couple of years ago 15 bucks now 30. Raising minimum wage didn't help.

Comments

country978: mr pink

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Don’t you worry yourself, Tiger. The worker shortage has actually been fairly short term in the grand scheme of things. Going forward and in light of the new heights in record credit card debt one of the first things to be cut will be that trip to Red Lobster cause those would-be customers will be servicing their monthly 19% interest payment instead.

Too many restaurants will work itself out. At least that is the Fed’s goal.
    This particular restaurant had a lol HELP WANTED sign with about 7 different type of positions open. That should've been a big red flag to me that they might be cutting corners with food safety.

I really wish it were 2019 again. We didn't realize how good we had it. While the inflationary aftermath of the shutdowns was foreseen (at least by those with common sense), what nobody expected was a lasting worker shortage, dragging far past the end of the gubbmint checks. (It doesn't help in LA County that there's still an eviction moratorium for unpaid rent, but that ends Feb 1!)

The problem is that, while people weren't working, they were finding "gig" ways to get by, such as Uber and Doordash. They realized that they could make the same (or better) money by driving people or their groceries/food around, and not have to deal with shitty bosses, asshole customers, rigid hours, or boring unskilled jobs. So when the gubbmit checks stopped, these people just never went back. This left not only a worker shortage, but those who were filling the positions were inferior to the ones before. Ironically, they're getting paid a lot more these days than they were in 2019.

But it's not just low-end jobs where this is affected. It's true all the way up to the middle-end positions. Many people just got used to not working, and decided they like it. Many would prefer to get by on gig work, even if they make a little less money than before, than be chained to a job five days per week. Being from the poker community, where the same sentiment exists, I can't blame them.
    People like you are the reason we don't have 2019 again. People like you who were afraid to leave their homes for months because of the damn flu. People like you who listened to the gubberment and got boosted every two months for a couple years now. Enjoy this. You earned it.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: the prodigal son wb

dwai: DAAAAAANG

Load Metric
    FRANKRIZZO: the prodigal son wb

I just looked at recent radio threads....haven't been on here in a while and haven't listened to radio in over a year and guy still has Covid-19 news every show. Even if there isn't any news he still writes Covid-19. As in the year it all started. It's 2023 now and essentially the flu yet he still includes it every fucking show and he wonders why things aren't like 2019 again? What a fucking dunce.

I just went to Canada for the weekend and I came back sick. Heck I may even have gotten covid. But I don't know because I don't fucking care because it's the flu. He'd have gotten tested immediately and posted the results immediately and would have run off to his doctor for the latest booster shot. And he wonders why it isn't 2019. Man the fuck up.

Comments

Jayjami: Pooh is God

dwai: pooh is indeed GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

Im against tipping for food they charge enough, we have a go to pizza pasta and chinese couple of times a week, I always pick it up. Went to mcdonalds ordered 2 meals couple of years ago 15 bucks now 30. Raising minimum wage didn't help.
    I will admit it’s gotten ridiculous. I still normally tip 15 percent for pickup but maybe I’m just a sucker there. I try to tell myself it’s going to workers.

Other day when I was in airport I bought a Gatorade at kiosk (4 bucks)and they had tipping option. That’s how brutal this has gotten.

And yes I’m firm believer raising minimum wage in Ontario to 14 bucks cause fast food to increase about 70 percent in last 6-7 years

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

I will admit it’s gotten ridiculous. I still normally tip 15 percent for pickup but maybe I’m just a sucker there. I try to tell myself it’s going to workers.

Other day when I was in airport I bought a Gatorade at kiosk (4 bucks)and they had tipping option. That’s how brutal this has gotten.

And yes I’m firm believer raising minimum wage in Ontario to 14 bucks cause fast food to increase about 70 percent in last 6-7 years
    the last 3 times I went to bagel time on park ave they didn't have any change. The 1st time it was a nickel so I didn't care. The other times it was more than 50 cents so I told them to round it down and both times they did. Still obnoxious since I'm sure they make a ton of $ by doing this to people.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I know it annoys some people that I'm not saying the specific food. I post these stories from my personal life for the forum's amusement, and occasionally I have to leave out certain details for whatever reason.

As I said, it was a meat item and it was not a fast food place.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I just looked at recent radio threads....haven't been on here in a while and haven't listened to radio in over a year and guy still has Covid-19 news every show. Even if there isn't any news he still writes Covid-19. As in the year it all started. It's 2023 now and essentially the flu yet he still includes it every fucking show and he wonders why things aren't like 2019 again? What a fucking dunce.

I just went to Canada for the weekend and I came back sick. Heck I may even have gotten covid. But I don't know because I don't fucking care because it's the flu. He'd have gotten tested immediately and posted the results immediately and would have run off to his doctor for the latest booster shot. And he wonders why it isn't 2019. Man the fuck up.
    We only talk about COVID every so often on the show now. A lot of the audience is older and likes these segments. You'd probably agree with the stuff I say about it these days. On the last show, I talked about how vaccines in general are not very useful now unless you're old.

I program the show based upon what the audience wants to hear, not what the guy who stopped listening a year ago doesn't want to hear.

This particular restaurant had a lol HELP WANTED sign with about 7 different type of positions open. That should've been a big red flag to me that they might be cutting corners with food safety.

I really wish it were 2019 again. We didn't realize how good we had it. While the inflationary aftermath of the shutdowns was foreseen (at least by those with common sense), what nobody expected was a lasting worker shortage, dragging far past the end of the gubbmint checks. (It doesn't help in LA County that there's still an eviction moratorium for unpaid rent, but that ends Feb 1!)

The problem is that, while people weren't working, they were finding "gig" ways to get by, such as Uber and Doordash. They realized that they could make the same (or better) money by driving people or their groceries/food around, and not have to deal with shitty bosses, asshole customers, rigid hours, or boring unskilled jobs. So when the gubbmit checks stopped, these people just never went back. This left not only a worker shortage, but those who were filling the positions were inferior to the ones before. Ironically, they're getting paid a lot more these days than they were in 2019.

But it's not just low-end jobs where this is affected. It's true all the way up to the middle-end positions. Many people just got used to not working, and decided they like it. Many would prefer to get by on gig work, even if they make a little less money than before, than be chained to a job five days per week. Being from the poker community, where the same sentiment exists, I can't blame them.
    People like you are the reason we don't have 2019 again. People like you who were afraid to leave their homes for months because of the damn flu. People like you who listened to the gubberment and got boosted every two months for a couple years now. Enjoy this. You earned it.

This wasn't a matter of the restaurant going out of business or downsizing because people stopped going there in 2020, or because the gubbmint said they couldn't operate (which I never supported btw).

This is a worker shortage which still exists as a result of the gubbmint shutdowns and payments, which trained a lot of people not to want to work a regular shitty job, and instead get by with much less effort via the gig economy. It has nothing to do with my getting boosters or not going out in 2020. Nice angry rant though.

Testing yourself for COVID is smart so you know whether you had it or not. This way you can know you won't get it again in the immediate future. After I got it in June, I was confident that I wouldn't get it on my trip the next month, and thus didn't have to fear being too sick to drive or whatever. It's also nice to know that if a friend gets it and needs your help, you can visit him and not worry about catching it. I test these days for informational purposes, not because I'm afraid of dying. If you want to remain ignorant, great job I guess.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We only talk about COVID every so often on the show now. A lot of the audience is older and likes these segments. You'd probably agree with the stuff I say about it these days. On the last show, I talked about how vaccines in general are not very useful now unless you're old.

I program the show based upon what the audience wants to hear, not what the guy who stopped listening a year ago doesn't want to hear.

This wasn't a matter of the restaurant going out of business or downsizing because people stopped going there in 2020, or because the gubbmint said they couldn't operate (which I never supported btw).

This is a worker shortage which still exists as a result of the gubbmint shutdowns and payments, which trained a lot of people not to want to work a regular shitty job, and instead get by with much less effort via the gig economy. It has nothing to do with my getting boosters or not going out in 2020. Nice angry rant though.

Testing yourself for COVID is smart so you know whether you had it or not. This way you can know you won't get it again in the immediate future. After I got it in June, I was confident that I wouldn't get it on my trip the next month, and thus didn't have to fear being too sick to drive or whatever. It's also nice to know that if a friend gets it and needs your help, you can visit him and not worry about catching it. I test these days for informational purposes, not because I'm afraid of dying. If you want to remain ignorant, great job I guess.
    Spoiler alert, a "covid and anything related is a hoax" is a top five thread on this site. It's remarkable.

Oddly enough the epicentre of this worldwide experience/hoax lands in the U.S. and is traced back to one of two political parties.

Shout out to freedom of speech. Shout out to voting with your feet.

Gold
    Load Metric
    country978: mr pink

Tried to write mr white earlier for BetCheckBets comment but was out of rep and then I saw this

Comments

country978: mr pink was the no tipping one - steve buschimi
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Gold
    Load Metric

Leveled by the Pooh
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Why the secrecy?

remember when Druff completely melted down on radio cause Drexel kept asking him about a dish/what he got from a particular restaurant and kept prodding cause Druff was acting fucking strange about it?
    Obviously what was eaten is crucial context here in a thread about a whole family getting ill.

We all know he eats like a gluttonous slob, was probably just a combination of massive portions of grease and sugar that no human body could handle and this poor restaurant is getting a fast course in dealing with entitled jew Aspergers.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric

If it weren't directed at you Pooh's post would be spot on and very fair. But you have been fair and balanced in your coverage. I've learned to better respect the choices of others even if they're not my choices or if I think they're ridiculous. Not going out much during the past few years was a personal choice that had no impact on me. Arguing that others should make the same choices or that the choices you make should be mandatory for others is where you lose me. You did what was right for you and didn't try to argue that those should be forced on me so its all good. Pooh makes a bunch of great points I just don't think directing them at one specific person is the way to go.

Now back to that meat, Druff: why is this such a big secret?

Comments

OK2: Re: RD references. Yeah I was saying BCB was caring about the working mam or man. Buscemi. Put some respect on his name you butcher.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff

At some point you are going to read something on the subject of demographics.

2019 was likely the greatest year you will have ever experienced. You just don’t know why.

Here’s a good one: In 2019 the average age of a baby boomer was 63 and today the number is 66. What happened in the interim Druff? They retired.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-14-2023 at 08:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff

2019 was likely the greatest year you will have ever experienced. You just don’t know why.

Here’s a good one: In 2019 the average age of a baby boomer was 63 and today the number is 66. What happened in the interim Druff? They retired.
    That affects some middle and high end type positions, but not restaurant jobs. You don't see many 64-year-olds working at places like these.

Load Metric

That affects some middle and high end type positions, but not restaurant jobs. You don't see many 64-year-olds working at places like these.
    That was a fun fact.

Demographics informs you that our population is an inverted pyramid with boomers on top and zoomers on a very narrow pointy bottom.

Gen X not fertile.

Your burger joint 35 years ago was manned by pimply faced yute. There are no kids and too many service companies

the good times meant there are now too many burger joints … that will be resolved over the next ten years.

Thread Information