Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 10th anniversary to PFA!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Happy 10th anniversary to PFA!

It was 10 years ago today when I bought pokerfraudalert.com, and decided to make that the theme of my new forum. The original plan was to start it on dandruffpoker.com, but I decided at the last minute that I didn't want the forum to revolve around me.

Here was a recap I did of the site on the 5-year anniversary, in March 2017: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ow-5-years-old

I appreciate all of you who have stuck around all 10 years, as well as the newer users who have helped replace those who decided to leave us.

Forums have absolutely taken a shit in recent years, in favor of social media. One only needs to look at 2+2 -- incredibly active and bustling 10 years ago -- to ghost-town-like today. Forums all over the world regarding all kinds of different subjects have died, and are either gone or a shell of their former selves.

This is the age of social media. People don't want forums anymore. They want Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tiktok. Podcasts are still a thing, but there are relatively few live internet radio shows these days. The live stuff has mostly been replaced by Twitch and YouTube.

Here we are, 10 years later, still with a live radio show (which also exists as a podcast), and still with a vBulletin 4 forum. I'd like to take credit for upgrades and modernization, but we actually took a step backwards and now have a chat room written in 2007.

Many of you got to know me in my early 30s. Some of you played poker with me in my 20s. Now I'm eliglbe to play the WSOP Seniors Event. We've all gotten old, but somehow this NWP-spawned community has still endured.

It has not always been easy, and in fact this site spawned from a painful end to two friendships I thought I'd always have. There has, of course, been drama and controversy within the site, even though I really tried to avoid it as much as possible. There have been times when I wondered why I bother with a non-monetized site which, by its nature, unfortunately attracts a bad element along with some very cool/good people. There have been times that this site has caused me a lot of stress. There was also a time that I suffered through crippling high-level anxiety and depression from a chemical disorder in my brain, and I wasn't sure I could go on running this site. The radio took a 4-month break, but somehow I broke out of it and got mostly back to normal.

I would like to thank all the regular posters and the radio co-hosts for helping create the content here, which has basically kept me motivated to run this place for the past decade. I really do appreciate it, and I've never felt that anyone owes me anything here.

I hope to be posting a similar message on March 2, 2032, at the age of 60, talking about how I never imagined that we'd be the last active forum on the internet.

Join me, past co-hosts, and a bunch of guests on tonight's radio, starting at 7:30pm PST, and feel free to call in. I actually donated $100 of my Jew gold toward the $200 freeroll. Hell really has frozen over.

Comments

garrett: Playing for Druffs Jew Gold tonight lolll..

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: 10 more years !

Pablo:

Sloppy Joe:

IamGreek: OPA!

Daniel72: happy anniversary

mdj1980: Happy 10th Anniversary! Been listening for six years and still love it...keep up the good work!

Forum Wars: Ten Fucking years of running a Peace site despite what the haters say...YEAH!

NaturalBornHustler: What is the appropriate gift for 10 yrs of a message board? Can't believe we made it this far

simpdog: yay

splitthis: It’s been a ride

some user: on march 2nd 2022 some user gave 1 green reputation point to an **owner**

herbertstemple: Things were so much getter 10 years ago.

Reno:

gimmick:

Bootsy Collins: Mazel Tov!!!!

devidee: NWP 4 LIFE SON

nunbeater: congrats

Load Metric
    Terrible site full of misinformation and hate.

Congrats on 10 years.

Shut it down already.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Completely useless mong

dwai: die fag

DJ_Chaps: GET CUCKED

simpdog: don't ruin Druff's party

splitthis: Goob

Reno: just change your password to something you won't remember then log off

nunbeater: congrats

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post

Congrats on 10 years.

Shut it down already.

THEN LOG OFF FOR GOOD.

Comments

1marley1: Fuck an owl you broke ass retard

Dan Druff: Chappie has a point

cleatus: nattering nabob of negativism. booring

splitthis: Pattern
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Bronze
    Load Metric
    10years, feels like yesterday. Ty för doing this. I luv the podcast

Comments

Dan Druff:

Load Metric
    I can't believe we're all ten years older and, especially in sonatine's case, 150 lbs heavier

PFA IS GOD

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post

Congrats on 10 years.

Shut it down already.

THROW ANOTHER TEMPER TANTRUM, CRY BABY DOOKIE CANNON ASS MFER.

Comments

PositiveVariance: DOOKIE CANNON - Rep

cleatus: you're too busy blowing smoke circles to say anything high effort or high intelligence.

splitthis:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Hard to imagine where I would be if not for the massive cash injection of the OG C$ W0RMH0LE run.

I was living in Nepal, basically making enough to live well enough there but was dipping into savings when traveling.

C$ comes along and went on an absolutely epic run of picking winners. I jumped on, betting light initially but eventually scaling way up, backing down toward the end as I was getting gun shy. Believe zero in karma type shit but some of his wins there in the middle gave me pause. Fucking Goldfarb nearly upended everything.

I'm sure C$ and others may have won more but highly doubt that it impacted anyone's life as much as mine.

Wouldn't have happened without PFA, so thanks for that. And RIP C$.

/SFO
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Happy ten years

Is there anyone who has A Peterdc update

Comments

cleatus: chappie still hasn't got the FREE trip to LV that Pete was pay for before China and Drex outed Pete 1 year after chaps won the trip

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Hard to imagine where I would be if not for the massive cash injection of the OG C$ W0RMH0LE run.

I was living in Nepal, basically making enough to live well enough there but was dipping into savings when traveling.

C$ comes along and went on an absolutely epic run of picking winners. I jumped on, betting light initially but eventually scaling way up, backing down toward the end as I was getting gun shy. Believe zero in karma type shit but some of his wins there in the middle gave me pause. Fucking Goldfarb nearly upended everything.

I'm sure C$ and others may have won more but highly doubt that it impacted anyone's life as much as mine.

/SFO

the horror

Comments

Sanlmar: an errand girl sent by a grocery clerk to collect a bill

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

/SFO

the horror

Ten years after

Load Metric

/SFO
    I came in just after the wormhole. I could never keep straight which guy made the bankroll that allowed him to travel. Completely forgot it was you.

An interview with some stories would be a good listen after Druff opens with lol wow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

/SFO
    I came in just after the wormhole. I could never keep straight which guy made the bankroll that allowed him to travel. Completely forgot it was you.

An interview with some stories would be a good listen after Druff opens with lol wow.
    The wormhole was definitely a glorious time.

I'm somewhat glad I don't have a record of all my bets during that time. If someone found it they may have me committed or divorced or forced into daily GA meetings.

It didn't matter how much you lost during the week on World Cup soccer or Russian ping pong. The wormhole would let you win it all back and more the next weekend.

Not sure how good Drexel's memory is but I recall seeing some of his slips and he had to have profited the most or at least got to the highest level.

There have been some good runs, profitable bettors. But nothing comes close to the wormhole in terms of excitement and near flawless record.

Anyone with a better memory was it ~14-1 ish?

And it wasn't just a 14-1 run. It was the whole production value and following that snowballed it into legendary status.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I'm somewhat glad I don't have a record of all my bets during that time. If someone found it they may have me committed or divorced or forced into daily GA meetings.

It didn't matter how much you lost during the week on World Cup soccer or Russian ping pong. The wormhole would let you win it all back and more the next weekend.

Not sure how good Drexel's memory is but I recall seeing some of his slips and he had to have profited the most or at least got to the highest level.

There have been some good runs, profitable bettors. But nothing comes close to the wormhole in terms of excitement and near flawless record.

And it wasn't just a 14-1 run. It was the whole production value and following that snowballed it into legendary status.
    18-1-1(GOLDFARB)

Load Metric

I don't know when it ended specifically but in my mind it's coded as 18-1-1.

Paid off all of my student loans, bought a car, invested a whole bunch, saved a whole bunch, etc. Also traveled lavishly all over SE Asia.

Freeroll should be a memorial in CMONEY'S honor.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

18-1-1(GOLDFARB)
    If I recall C$ sacrificed a lobster in a urinal in order to neutralize the threat, thankfully it worked.

Load Metric
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Lebron trying to keep playing until he can play with his son.

How long until BW is ready to login? 10 more years?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Name:  B4090D08-2604-459E-A27A-54B877DCFC70.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  212.9 KB

Comments

herbertstemple: Blondes have more fun.

Load Metric
    "Happiness is the pursuit of purpose in our lives. If we have lived with moral purpose, even death becomes less painful." - Ben Shapiro

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by some user View Post
    "Happiness is the pursuit of purpose in our lives. If we have lived with moral purpose, even death becomes less painful." - Ben Shapiro
    A) Shapiro advice?
    B) Is death painful? Tell us Ben.
    What don't you know?o

Thread Information