View Poll Results: What shoud Druff do at this point?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forget it and just don't go back for awhile

7 33.33%
  • Call the general manager and complain, then don't go back for awhile

4 19.05%
  • Call corporate and make a complaint there

4 19.05%
  • Druff was the one in the wrong here

2 9.52%
  • Don't know / don't care

4 19.05%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jew Make the Call: "We're Unable to Refund You" Edition

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This place isn't super close to me. The amount of money wouldn't be worth making a round trip to retrieve the refund the next day.

It turns out that a cash refund was the only way to rectify this. They have no other way to handle it, due to system limitations. So I would have actually needed to physically return there and get the cash. I actually suspected as such, though the incompetent night manager didn't know this for sure (but conceded that it was possible I was right about the app not being able to do refunds).

So basically my choices were to either just eat the money, or press the manager to stop her burrito-making and deal with this. I chose the latter.

I agree that I wouldn't want any of these same 3 employees making my food at any point in the future. It's actually possible that all three will be fired (the GM was very spun up about what happened, especially about their confrontational attitudes with me), but due to the worker shortage, probably not.

You ignored my option of just calling next day. You said you were there before and it was a small amount of money so i would have just left my name, called back the next day to confirm, and settle up next time. The problem of you not wanting those 3 employees not making your food in the future was due to you deciding to make an issue at the time ... when obviously they were short staffed and said so. Again, just beyond stupid the manager doesn't give the good ahead to refund out of register and deal with that later. And yes of course you are right, and its illegal ... etc. Just have to better time your battle with idiots imo. Just brought more stress upon yourself.
    Would have been too much of a hassle. They'd have to leave a note somewhere it could be found next time, and then I'd have to hassle with it the next visit if the employee helping me at the time couldn't find it (which is likely, since this is nonstandard). Just too much trouble.

I tend not to like to bend over backwards for idiots. If they could have done something like give me a gift card for next time, I would have 100% accepted that, even though legally they should be required to refund me. That would have been fine, because I'd be coming back the following week, and it would be easy to handle. But once we get into writing notes for employees to give me cash refunds in a week, which itself requires a phone call to get the note at all, it's just too much bullshit. If all of this creates a freakout on the end of the employees, that's their problem.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Pretty concise response that intentionally didn’t address the fact that this happens to you over and over and over and over again. I wonder why that might be? You’re probably just super unlucky…………..
    It just happened to you at your kid's birthday party -- a much worse version, in fact. Was that because you were "insufferable" and "entitled", or just because you ran into an asshole manager?

What about when your kid was offered a cookie and then no longer offered a cookie, and you called corporate? More bad luck?

This shit happens to everyone -- it just a matter of how far they're willing to go to rectify it. A healthy percentage of people would just say "Fuck it, I'll eat the money, it's too much trouble", and not even bother arguing once (incorrectly) told they have to do it through the app. That approach is fine, but it doesn't work for me. I'm not letting them keep my money because they're lazy/incompetent.

If I'm in the wrong here, why did the GM fully agree with me, and volunteer that this same employee has had recent issues with other customers, as well?

My choice here was to either eat the cost or pressure them to come out and deal with it. No amount of niceness or asskissing would have made this better. If you're too dumb to see that, then that's your problem.
    Still failing to address why this happens to you over and over.

Maybe you just run incredibly bad.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

It just happened to you at your kid's birthday party -- a much worse version, in fact. Was that because you were "insufferable" and "entitled", or just because you ran into an asshole manager?

What about when your kid was offered a cookie and then no longer offered a cookie, and you called corporate? More bad luck?

This shit happens to everyone -- it just a matter of how far they're willing to go to rectify it. A healthy percentage of people would just say "Fuck it, I'll eat the money, it's too much trouble", and not even bother arguing once (incorrectly) told they have to do it through the app. That approach is fine, but it doesn't work for me. I'm not letting them keep my money because they're lazy/incompetent.

If I'm in the wrong here, why did the GM fully agree with me, and volunteer that this same employee has had recent issues with other customers, as well?

My choice here was to either eat the cost or pressure them to come out and deal with it. No amount of niceness or asskissing would have made this better. If you're too dumb to see that, then that's your problem.
    Still failing to address why this happens to you over and over.

Maybe you just run incredibly bad.

Dude this is happening to EVERYONE who orders out even occasionally. Something is made wrong or is missing. Most just consider they “lost”, bitch a little to themselves and move on without filing a complaint. And usually still go back to the place.

Comments

Dan Druff: correct

It sounds like you had a blast for you're 50th Druff !

Comments

Sloppy Joe: FAGGOT

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PROUDBOY MAGA 2024 View Post
    It sounds like you had a blast for you're 50th Druff !
    inside info !

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSiena View Post

Actually, I believe there is another in Idaho. A state which self-identifies as our esteemed Vice President.

I'm from near Athol. (MA) East of, so no inbreeding comments. Save that for folks from Winchendon. or Orange, MA.
    Nothing like dropping unnecessary politics into your very first post. You should fit in well.
    Everything is political. And since you don't like it, I'm sure you think its racist.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSiena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Massachusetts. Is there another Athol?
    Actually, I believe there is another in Idaho. A state which self-identifies as our esteemed Vice President.

I'm from near Athol. (MA) East of, so no inbreeding comments. Save that for folks from Winchendon. or Orange, MA.
    LOL! I got relatives who lived at one time in Athol and Orange. Not born there, but it apparently was relatively cheap to live there because of the depressed local economy, and meth being the party drug of choice for the born-there underemployed locals.

Comments

country978: its not so bad there now. lot of growth since pandemic
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Please provide the name and location of the restaurant and I and perhaps others will call and explain that you are not right in the head and have a documented history of causing trouble for several people in several separate trivial matters.

Pathetic.
    You had me in the first half. I thought you were going to show Dan sympathy and say something like,"So we can call them and tell the Employees and that Manager off on your behalf." Your going off on Dan instead was the total opposite of what I was expecting.

Thread Information