Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Las Vegas A's?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Best part of the twitter fight is Oakland residents telling the As cant move to Salt Lake because its a shit location.

The levity of such statements are not lost on most of the rebuttals.
    What are they claiming is wrong with SLC?

Actually it's pretty nice there from April to October. Yeah, it's not that big of a market, and it's isolated, so it won't get much attendance or fandom from outlying areas (same problem Vegas has). However, the Jazz have done pretty well there, and while the entire state of Utah has only 3.3m people, they might get some fandom from northern Nevada, Idaho, and Montana.
    I lived in SLC for 6 months in 2022. It’s a nice, affordable town. If the state wasn’t run by a religious cult, I’d could happily live there full time. The Mormons are very family oriented and actually spend time with their children. I think the A’s would do better there than Vegas, but the beer sales would be the lowest in the league!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Actually it's pretty nice there from April to October. Yeah, it's not that big of a market, and it's isolated, so it won't get much attendance or fandom from outlying areas (same problem Vegas has). However, the Jazz have done pretty well there, and while the entire state of Utah has only 3.3m people, they might get some fandom from northern Nevada, Idaho, and Montana.
    I lived in SLC for 6 months in 2022. It’s a nice, affordable town. If the state wasn’t run by a religious cult, I’d could happily live there full time. The Mormons are very family oriented and actually spend time with their children. I think the A’s would do better there than Vegas, but the beer sales would be the lowest in the league!

why did you live there for 6 months?

Load Metric

Yeah I could see it as “boring” but still a nice place to live.

Oakland saying another place to live/work is trash that isn't Detroit or Gary Indiana is rich.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

why did you live there for 6 months?
    I worked at a ski resort, Solitude Mountain.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

https://twitter.com/BallysWatch/status/1772722788932923602

Starting to look questionable whether this LV A's thing will happen at all.

Load Metric
    I liked the movie money ball. Funny scene when David Justice tried to get a soda and was told needs to pay for it from vending machine.

Thread Information