Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: adderall alternative- addtabz good or bad?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

I usually do around 8:30 before I leave for work and then another around 1 in the afternoon. Everything that I've read says not to do more than 3 a day but I don't do any after 2pm because I have trouble sleeping.
    Mike's ECA stack and subsequent cardio workout posts were two of his best. His cardio post (below) is the only post I've ever saved.

Originally posted on venopoker.com

1. Understanding cardio- cardio for fat loss, cardio for heart health, variations etc
    Cardio is the name of the game when it comes to shedding body fat. But there are so many types you can do, and so many schools of thought that figuring out what's best for YOU can be quite challenging. How do you differentiate?

Well firstly it's important to understand the differing types, their advantages and flaws and make a decision based on your goals and current level of fitness.

Firstly is steady state cardio both fasted (meaning before you eat, empty stomach) and not fasted. Fasted is vastly superior here, taking advantage of both low insulin levels and very low circulating glycogen levels. What this means it two-fold. Because you have no glucose to run off of, your body must almost immediately dip into body fat stores for energy. Where else is it going to get energy from if you haven't eaten for 6-7 hours? Hence the term fasted. Secondly, anytime your blood glucose levels get down to nothing, your body kicks out HGH. Growth Hormone is never secreted in the presence of insulin. Hidden secret to why low carb diets work.

So you get two-fold kick here, both a spike in HGH which burns fat all on its own plus you push your body to burn fat for energy. Keep heart rate between 100-125 range. Walking is king here though you can also bike if you keep an eye on HR and find the magic zone of 100-125 and no higher. Keep sessions to an hour or so, going longer will not help, shorter is not that effective. To make this better consume 200mgs or so caffeine prior to walking. You may also add either yohimbine hcl or ephedrine depending on your goals.

Second and very common is moderate intensity cardio. anything with a heart rate of 126-160 is moderate cardio. This is typically what you see people doing in the gym, and these are the same people who look the same day in and day out. It's not that great for fat burning because you are both working your cardiovascular system and your muscles are working too hard to be working 100% aerobically. This type of cardio is best if you are starting out and trying to "get in shape" meaning fat loss is not totally your goal, you want to increase cardio capacity as well. Get your muscles toned a bit. Best for women as they tend to not want to mess around with weights, this type of cardio will both tone you and lead to some moderate fat loss as well. Best done on treadmill via walking on an incline, the Stairmaster or elliptical.

This cardio is also best suited for heart health. It stresses your cardiovascular system a good deal but it not as intense as HIIT. HIIT will ultimately build the healthiest heart you can but for most it's not feasible thus stick with medium intensity if building a healthy heart is your goal. The low intensity walking is solely for body fat loss. Sessions should be between 30-45 minutes. An hour is pushing it; less than 30 is not long enough. At least 3 times a week, 6-7 is preferable if you are in ok shape.

Last is HIIT, or High Intensity Interval Training. King of all things fitness related, you could literally just do wind sprints and build a great body. Look at most Olympic sprinters and tell me you would not kill to have their bodies. HIIT works through a wide variety of mechanisms and I think it best to avoid a technical discussion and just say this- your body uses certain hormones and enzymes to trigger fat loss and HIIT kicks these into HIGH gear. Doing HIIT is tricky and best explained briefly as intervals of maximum intensity followed by an interval twice as long of recovery intensity. I will give some examples below.

Treadmill HIIT- walk for 5 to get blood in your knees and ankles and then spend a minute or two stretching till you are loose. Get back on, walk at 2.8 for 2 minutes, then run at 8.0 for 1 minute then back to 2.8 for 2 minutes, run at 8.0 for one minute etc. Repeat until you have done 8 intervals at 8.0 then walk for a cool down of 5 minutes and you are done.

The key here is you need to figure out what is the fastest you can run for the 1 minute. You might only do 7.0 to start; you might be able to do 9.0. Depends on how fast you can run honestly. I can do 9.0 for 8 one minute intervals with an incline of 2% and I am fairly advanced. On the upper end of the spectrum I know a guy personally who could do unlimited with a speed of 12 and incline of 12%. He was maybe 165 6ft1 and just sick to your stomach low body fat. They freaking work trust me.

Stairmaster HIIT- not recommended for beginners but you can try it. Use the interval setting and try level 6 and go higher. I can do 6 sometimes 7 if I have taken ephedrine. If you can do level 9 you are GOD of all things HIIT related.

Bike- same as treadmill, float between level 2 and however high you can go. Intervals of 1 min all out, 2 min recover etc. Try to get 10 intervals as biking is not as stressful as running.

Elliptical- same as bike and treadmill, toggle around the intensity levels to suit you.

So now that we have the main types of cardio listed, what is right for you? That depends on goals and level of fitness. Let's start with the average male in ok shape who's trying to lose some belly fat. I recommend medium to start and HIIT after a few weeks. The added muscle from HIIT will take care of body fat loss so the low intensity is not needed. You may try starting with HIIT but if it's too much shelve it for a couple weeks and do medium intensity to build up.

Let's say you are overweight and out of shape, start with the low intensity fasted in the morning and again at night after dinner. Duration of 1 hour each session. Stick with this until you have lost enough weight to be light on your feet and then add in a session of medium intensity for 2-3 weeks then ditch the medium and replace with HIIT. Start slow and work your way up with the intervals.

Women- same for men really, though if your goal is toning your body I recommend sessions of 45 minutes 3-4 times a week on the elliptical or Stairmaster, medium intensity. This will tone as well as burn fat.

Say you are athletic and trying to lose that last bit of flab, HIIT is the way to go. 4 days a week, the other 3 do low intensity walking fasted in the morning. Basically the HIIT will make your fasted cardio 3x better for body fat loss. If you have the endurance feel free to bump it to 5 days of HIIT and a 1 hour walk every single morning fasted.

Questions/comments fire away.
    I know 408 didn't recently post this but since he likes attention I figure he won't mind an inquiry..

408-

I'm 25, male, 5' 10'' and 173 lb. I run 4 miles 2x/day on a treadmill at 8.0 mph, usually once in the morning and once around 6pm, sometimes later after I eat. I also throw in a bit of weights, nothing major but have gone from scrawny to a bit of an upper body build. No real regimen aside from targeting different area on certain days.

I can't do fasted cardio so any other suggestions to lose a bit more weight? I want to lose that last bit around the midsection but unfortunately cannot do anything abdominal due to a hernia issue.

Should I mix up the cardio, maybe throw in some HIIT? I plan on lengthening my runs once the weather cools off and I can be outside but will try something new if you have advice.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Just wanted to add that eca stack is legit. I bought it with the primatine version instead of the bronkaid because it was $4 cheaper. Took about 45mins to kick in and by the time i was playing (live) I was so zoned. Mind never wondered. Unfortunately I ran like absolute dog shit thought. Never taken adderall so I can't tell you how it compares to that but I definately noticed a big difference taking it over nothing at all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by batigoali View Post
    Just wanted to add that eca stack is legit. I bought it with the primatine version instead of the bronkaid because it was $4 cheaper. Took about 45mins to kick in and by the time i was playing (live) I was so zoned. Mind never wondered. Unfortunately I ran like absolute dog shit thought. Never taken adderall so I can't tell you how it compares to that but I definately noticed a big difference taking it over nothing at all.
    although the primatine mist is a bit cheaper, you get less of the good stuff per dose

bronkaid is the highest dose of ephedrine i found at walgreens

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    although the primatine mist is a bit cheaper, you get less of the good stuff per dose

that's odd because down here the Primatene costs twice as much as the Bronkaid and they run my license every time I buy some

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    wasn't in mist form, was tablets. I thought it might be a lower dose then the bronkaid but I've never done any sort of speed before. Only drugs have all been downers. Even with a lower dose it worked fine for me.

Load Metric
    last couple weeks i've been playing and popping these, pretty close to addy's imo

it was like ten bucks for a box of sixty

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

also would like a pm from backdoorb about relieving him of his whatever whatever
    primatene tablets can be used here with better results as the longer half life gives more stable plasma concentrations. the ephedrine sulfate in bronkaid has a shitty half life, it hits and it's gone, vs the primatene with it's nice steady and predictable release is much better suited for something like poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric

i doubt he means primatene mist, we're talking tabs dude. primatene tabs are 12.5 mgs of ephedrine hcl per tablet and roughly cost 1.50$ more per box.

You are being mislead with the sulfate, it's not delivering as many mgs per tab as you are thinking it does. the compound is not delivering quite as much drug as hcl nor with a reasonable release vector. `
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

that's odd because down here the Primatene costs twice as much as the Bronkaid and they run my license every time I buy some
    if the prima tabs are expensive find a wal-mart, they are always 11-12$ per box.

you should expect to pay more as you are getting the real deal, ephedrine sulfate is not good for much of anything. it's not a great fat burning, shitty speed, doesn't last long enough for an appetite suppressant. it's a fall back for the most part and nothing else.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    thanks for the replys mike. which tabs do you use? or if you don't use which brand would you recommend? i only went with the primatine because it was cheaper and i was just planning on testing eca stacking.

Load Metric
    thanks for the replys mike. which tabs do you use? or if you don't use which brand would you recommend? i only went with the primatine because it was cheaper and i was just planning on testing eca stacking.
    I stick with primatene unless I can get vaso-pro (vaso-pro is the same stuff Ephedrine HCL that you want minus the expectorant) and bronk-aid is really at the bottom of the list.

For eca stacking, theoretically if one were to try 2 primatene tabs with a vivarin (or similar) and some baby aspirin supplying 80mgs or so of aspirin one would probably have an ECA stack.

The topic of using the aspirin has gone back and forth many MANY (too damn many) times and I will say this- if you can afford it, why not? I have tried the stack MANY different ways and tbh, I never saw as much fat loss without the aspirin. Since I don't work for bayer, one can be sure I'm not biased, and I swear the aspirin does help.

Might just be the blood thinning properties that are useful, might be it's anti-prostglandin properties who knows? I just know it works better for me if I include it.

pro-tip: when your body acclimates it is ok to up the ephedrine NOT the caffeine! Never go above 300mgs of caffeine in any one shot, and at most 500mgs per 24hour period, at MOST. caffeine can be a real BITCH, be careful with that one. caffeine and nicotine both will kill you sure as shit faster than ephedrine will.

Load Metric
    I've personally known guys who would put down 9-12 bronkaid tabs before going out drinking and be fine, you try taking even 5 or 6 vivarin at once and you may as well reserve yourself a seat in the ER, smoke 9 cigarettes at once (better yet, use a couple patches to really get those blood levels up) and you may as well kiss yourself goodbye.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

i doubt he means primatene mist, we're talking tabs dude. primatene tabs are 12.5 mgs of ephedrine hcl per tablet and roughly cost 1.50$ more per box.

You are being mislead with the sulfate, it's not delivering as many mgs per tab as you are thinking it does. the compound is not delivering quite as much drug as hcl nor with a reasonable release vector. `
    You're right it's obv the tablets for this application but the FDA banned Primatene Mist back in January or February for some reason also.

Thread Information