Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer is a freak and a weird dude

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    On the plus side, I bet Bauer won't be opting out of his contract anytime soon.

You've got him...."locked in" for awhile now.
    He won’t opt out but can’t he be bought out for $40m?

Whether he gets bought out or suspended for no pay doesn’t that open up about $15m in cap for the Dodgers? That will fuck up the trade deadline for so many teams like the Red Sox who need starting pitching. These stories always begin with Scherzer.

What the Dodgers situation does to at least a half dozen Sawks-like teams is they can’t offer the money & the prospects the Dodgers can. Teams who were gonna take their players off market suddenly might change their mind for the prospects the Dodgers can offer.

Then… the Dodgers need to filter out the sticky stuff pitchers. Good luck with that.

It’s a crazy cascade of consequences.

I’m not even going to touch the Dodgers clubhouse mood. Nobody is dancing in the dugout hanging Padres-like swag-chains and laughing. The locker room after games has got to be a morgue.

Libertarian wishes and caviar dreams Druff. You can’t separate the law and public sentiment (politics).
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-05-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Load Metric
    Honestly, the part that you can't comprehend that, you know,...maybe he took it waaaay too far the second time!

You can't be that dumb. If he was still on the Indians/Reds/Dbacks you would understand this.....
    Is the a emergency room apres sex now?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    On the plus side, I bet Bauer won't be opting out of his contract anytime soon.

You've got him...."locked in" for awhile now.

His salary this year is 38m. If he opted out, the dodgers have to pay him 2m more, for some strange reason. Thats probably where the 40 is coming from in your head.

As far as I can tell, he has 102m guaranteed....unless he winds up in prison or whatnot.

Comments

Sanlmar: I defer to you. I

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

His salary this year is 38m. If he opted out, the dodgers have to pay him 2m more, for some strange reason. Thats probably where the 40 is coming from in your head.

As far as I can tell, he has 102m guaranteed....unless he winds up in prison or whatnot.
    The Players Union has to approve suspension. I’m not feeling a lot of resistance -we will see how good my read is very shortly.

Jessica Mendoza the ESPN SNB chick has been quiet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is some kind of behavioral clause in every contract which might allow the Dodgers to release him and not pay the $. The Rockies pulled that on Denny Neagle after he became complete shit, and then was caught with a hooker in his car.

I'll agree that they'd probably love to be out of that contract right now, between the optics of this, the clubhouse mood, and the question of his abilities once he can't use "the sticky stuff".

Was there a significant difference between the second and first visits? She was unconscious during the first visit from his choking, and then texted him later that she was the most turned on in her life. He even asked her if the turn-on was "going out or coming back" from being choked unconscious.

As much as this might bother you guys, this was consensual. Criminal charges here would be a miscarriage of justice.

Maybe MLB will decide they need to project a tough stance about things like this, since there's already some questions about how well they handle (actual) domestic by players, but in reality this doesn't deserve punishment.

I will concede that this situation is rapidly evolving from a PR standpoint (and not in Bauer's favor), so the chance he gets suspended for the rest of 2021 is higher now. I did bench him on my fantasy team this morning.

Load Metric
    He should have just banged Zobrist's wife.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Small/medium city police departments are not very good when it comes to major crime.

See Ramsey, Jon Benet.

The police are still investigating because they were instructed by city hall to keep investigating, so they don't look like incompetent boobs.

This wasn't rape, it was a non-crime, and Bauer isn't going to be criminally charged. If he is, he'll beat it. But I don't think charges are likely.

The woman came back for a second helping, which was very similar to the first helping. That's all you need to know.
    Druff,

You state you don’t think charges are likely? Care to make a friendly wager? Obviously need to determine a charged by date to make the bet fair.
    What say you Druff? $500? I’m fine with even escrowing the money to you so no end date is needed for the bet as you’ll have my money.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Puig was a straw-that-broke-the-camels back thing.

He was not performing well on the field, was a distraction, and was a constant pain in the ass. That's why nobody wants him. And he's over 30 now. He was 100% set up by that woman, though.

It is possible the optics here will force him out of baseball for awhile? Maybe.

In general, I have a big problem with a situation where a person is penalized for a sexual act between two consenting adults, no matter how it looks to those on the outside.

This wasn't rape, it wasn't domestic violence, and it wasn't abuse. If there had only been one meetup, and if she complained afterwards that he took it too far, I'd be singing a different tune. The fact that she went back a second time for basically the same thing (and texted that she was the most turned on in her life) speaks volumes.
    Shaping up to be a worse take than when he defended Roger Ailes for awhile.
    Gonna need pictures to determine if she was hot enough to rape.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Druff,

You state you don’t think charges are likely? Care to make a friendly wager? Obviously need to determine a charged by date to make the bet fair.
    What say you Druff? $500? I’m fine with even escrowing the money to you so no end date is needed for the bet as you’ll have my money.
    Upon looking at this further, I don't want to take the bet.

I still think that he SHOULDN'T be arrested, but politicans are spineless, and there would likely be lots of woke outrage if the big, bad rich white guy got away with causing those bruises and injuries on a woman, regardless of how much she was begging him to do so (and returned a second time for it).

It's goes a lot easier on the city to err on the side of "arrest" in a case like this, figuring the courts will have to sort it out in the end anyway.

If you'd like to bet on a conviction, however, that we can talk about.

Silver
    Load Metric

I still think that he SHOULDN'T be arrested, but politicans are spineless, and there would likely be lots of woke outrage if the big, bad rich white guy got away with causing those bruises and injuries on a woman, regardless of how much she was begging him to do so (and returned a second time for it).

It's goes a lot easier on the city to err on the side of "arrest" in a case like this, figuring the courts will have to sort it out in the end anyway.

Lol the only reason he has a chance at skirting this is because he’s a big, bad rich white guy.

This is obviously a very different bet with a higher threshold needed for me to win, but I’ll still take the bet. If Bauer is charged and convicted of a crime (including a plea deal) then I win. If he’s not convicted of a crime you win. Given the change in bet and how slow the criminal justice system is in this country I’m not willing to put a deadline on the timeline of the bet though. Let me know what amount you’d want to bet and if you want me to escrow. Would probably need to agree on a bet soon in fairness to both of us.

Load Metric
    Bauer = desertrunner

He sodomized PFA many times and left us battered and bruised.

There will be constant outcry until he is suspended for the rest of the year while they figure this out.

He will come back as a dupe in 2 years and will be a shadow of his former self. A perfect tragedy for Sanlmar’s Dodger movie he has been working on for years.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: ha ha good analogy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I don't think he should be charged with any crime, nor should he be civilly liable for anything.
    so ass-fucking someone who is unconscious isn't rape? just for clarity.
    Druff, answer this once and I'll stop bumping it. It's the most obvious example of rape, but you for some reason keep ignoring it when you say there was no rape or assault.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Load Metric

I will concede that this situation is rapidly evolving from a PR standpoint (and not in Bauer's favor), so the chance he gets suspended for the rest of 2021 is higher now.
    Nothing has evolved except your reading of the situation.

He’s toast. We move on

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Load Metric
    Honestly, the part that you can't comprehend that, you know,...maybe he took it waaaay too far the second time!
    This is precisely what Druff isn’t getting. He’s hung up on “well she went back for more. It’s fine.” But if you read the detailed accounts it’s pretty clear what happened. She went the first time and enjoyed being choked out and rough sex. She does claim she didn’t consent to the anal sex but he stopped when asked. They texted and she said it turned her on to come in and out of consciousness. We are still all good. She goes back for more of the same. Let me repeat, more of the same. But what she got was wholly different. The second encounter became infinitely more violent. He close fist punched her in the face. If you don’t see the difference between that and slapping I don’t know what to say. He also punched her repeatedly in the ass and pussy. After the second encounter she was left literally battered and bruised. She had a cracked skull! Black eyes, lacerations, bruises etc. I’ve not read a single claim that she left the first encounter with any injuries.

So to me that’s where Druffs defense of “she went back for more” falls apart. She did in fact go back for more rough sex. Then Bauer assaulted her.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    The wisdom that you never hit a woman under any circumstance will always serve you well. Kids will ask about this. This is actually a fairly modern idea.

She never got to reciprocally smash his face.

This is not a libertarian teaching moment.

Load Metric
    Just got this email...

Blackout and other restrictions apply.

TOO SOON MLB, TOO SOON
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

jsearles22: Lmfao

Sanlmar: I fucking didn’t get it until sizzle’s rep. I stared and stared. I suck

gut: lolz

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lol the only reason he has a chance at skirting this is because he’s a big, bad rich white guy.

This is obviously a very different bet with a higher threshold needed for me to win, but I’ll still take the bet. If Bauer is charged and convicted of a crime (including a plea deal) then I win. If he’s not convicted of a crime you win. Given the change in bet and how slow the criminal justice system is in this country I’m not willing to put a deadline on the timeline of the bet though. Let me know what amount you’d want to bet and if you want me to escrow. Would probably need to agree on a bet soon in fairness to both of us.
    If you escrow $500 with me, I will do up to that amount. We can leave it with an unlimited timeline, to where you will get $1000 ($500 BACK plus another $500) if he's convicted.

For you to win, the conviction would have to do with either of the two in-person meetups we presently know about.

If there's a conviction related to anything else (including another meetup which hasn't yet been publicized, an incident with another person, or any obstruction stuff related to this or any other case), then that doesn't count. I'm willing to call it "no action" if he's convicted involving that woman, but not related to either of these two incidents (unlikely, but we should cover this just in case).

One more thing -- I want the conviction to be a felony for you to win, or no action. This is because I don't want to lose because he accepts a conviction for misdemeanor assault as a plea, and then spends no time in jail. So if he's convicted of only a misdemeanor for this, we tie.

If you accept, type that you accept within the next 24 hours. We also will both have a right to cancel the bet within 24 hours of your acceptance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

so ass-fucking someone who is unconscious isn't rape? just for clarity.
    Druff, answer this once and I'll stop bumping it. It's the most obvious example of rape, but you for some reason keep ignoring it when you say there was no rape or assault.
    In most cases yes, but not if that person expressed a desire to have things done to them sexually while unconscious, and then consensually shows up to do things like this.

(I actually knew a chick many years ago -- not one I ever dated -- who said this was her biggest fantasy.)

Also, didn't this happen on the first visit, and she came back to see him again for more?

Load Metric
    @sheesfaced

Bauer has two agents. One is the little gymnast chick you often see in his videos, Luba. The other is Jon Fetterolf. Jon is a fixer.

represents companies and individuals under criminal investigation for antitrust violations, bribery, money laundering, and a variety of other types of financial fraud, including tax, securities, accounting, and government contract fraud.”
    https://deadspin.com/who-is-trevor-b...ent-1847214579

Justice can be negotiated. I’m not particularly interested in this aspect of the story. When this much money is available favorable results are likely. You know this.

You or I would likely be sitting in jail right now.

anyway, Rachel Luba (his other more visible agent) repped Yasiel Puig. Fun Dodger abuse trivia.

This observation should not be construed as any sort of moderation of my initial prediction concerning Bauer and the Dodgers.

As your counsel, I advise you to pass on Druff’s offer.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Ty counselor
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-06-2021 at 10:56 PM.

Load Metric
    Maybe we can bet on whether fans like Mary Hart boycott the Dodgers instead.

Thread Information