Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer is a freak and a weird dude

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    He would be signed if there was no additional smoke.

Talent prevails in nearly all athletic scenarios - DeShaun Watson, Miles Bridges, any # of other athletes with DV charges, etc.

He can cry and play victim but there are reasons no one is touching him.
    The reasons are complex.

First off, he's not a guaranteed star. Save for his excellent game recently in Mexico (followed by a bad one), there's no proof he can still be a high-value MLB pitcher. If he's going to barely scratch out a 4th or 5th starter type existence, the drama/controversy isn't worth it.

Second, he was known as a pain in the ass prior to this whole thing. Even if everyone accepts that he's 100% innocent, he's still known to be a clubhouse headache, or at minimum a controversial guy.

Third, and perhaps most importantly, if they take him back and it turns out he really does (or has previously) beat women without their consent, then the team giving him a chance looks horrible. They know 100% he's into BDSM type sex. It's not like that part was made up. It's very likely these accusers are lying about the consent and "going too far" portion, but it's not certain, and that scares teams away.

Just not worth it for a guy who is 33 and may not even be that good at the MLB level anymore.

This should teach MLB a lesson, though, regarding randoms making questionable claims against their players. It's one thing to suspend a Urias type for beating his wife. That's pretty straightforward. It's another to hang a player out to dry because some random woman claims he was too rough during sex -- despite her returning a second time requesting rougher sex. How that wasn't seen as a huge red flag for her is beyond me.

Load Metric
    If Bauer was a Jr VP for an insurance company he’d be teaching English in Japan

People lose their ticket in the real world over far less.

The argument has been made that the tommy john epidemic can be traced back to Bauer shooting off about sticky stuff (even when all his team mates were using it - he didn’t care)

He found himself at the center of every controversy in baseball (Astros) cause he was an arrogant fuck.

He was never coming back. I said it when this originally went down. Bauer beating up women was just an excuse to exile him.

Name:  IMG_8465.jpeg
Views: 156
Size:  45.5 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    He would be signed if there was no additional smoke.

Talent prevails in nearly all athletic scenarios - DeShaun Watson, Miles Bridges, any # of other athletes with DV charges, etc.

He can cry and play victim but there are reasons no one is touching him.
    The reasons are complex.

First off, he's not a guaranteed star. Save for his excellent game recently in Mexico (followed by a bad one), there's no proof he can still be a high-value MLB pitcher. If he's going to barely scratch out a 4th or 5th starter type existence, the drama/controversy isn't worth it.

Second, he was known as a pain in the ass prior to this whole thing. Even if everyone accepts that he's 100% innocent, he's still known to be a clubhouse headache, or at minimum a controversial guy.

Third, and perhaps most importantly, if they take him back and it turns out he really does (or has previously) beat women without their consent, then the team giving him a chance looks horrible. They know 100% he's into BDSM type sex. It's not like that part was made up. It's very likely these accusers are lying about the consent and "going too far" portion, but it's not certain, and that scares teams away.

Just not worth it for a guy who is 33 and may not even be that good at the MLB level anymore.

This should teach MLB a lesson, though, regarding randoms making questionable claims against their players. It's one thing to suspend a Urias type for beating his wife. That's pretty straightforward. It's another to hang a player out to dry because some random woman claims he was too rough during sex -- despite her returning a second time requesting rougher sex. How that wasn't seen as a huge red flag for her is beyond me.
    Pirates take a chance on him, and he, Paul Skenes and this Jared Jones kid lead them to the NLCS. Book it.

(Sarcasm)

Load Metric
    I think Bauer would be higher than 4th/5th starter on quite a few teams (maybe even the Dodgers right now).

Load Metric
    I bet he gets a shot near the trade deadline

A team looking for a starter could either drain their farm system, or sign bauer

I know which way I’d go
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Second start in Mexico he fanned 14. Video not out yet, but looking forward to it.

Still think he's a weird dude, but game videos like this are awesome.

First game below

Load Metric
    Its really just a game of chicken right now with every GM/owner in the league. How desperate are they?

Bauer (and all pro athletes) can generally get away with 1 big...error or personality disorder. Guy is a dickhead and a clubhouse cancer? Eh, we'll try to integrate him in. Guy has legal/off-field issues? Let the system play out and see.

Mix them together and no one wants to touch you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I think Bauer would be higher than 4th/5th starter on quite a few teams (maybe even the Dodgers right now).
    He would be no lower than a #3 on every team right now I think.

Load Metric
    I posted a video or two many years ago - before his romance. There was a video in particular that involved a female baseball player. She was at what I presume was his father’s facility and Bauer was giving her a pitching lesson. She looked to be college age if memory served.

I swear I commented about how respectful he treated her. Id bet money I did. He did not patronize her one bit. She took instruction well. She was funny and not retarded. It was so striking and so damn commendable. Obviously he was super on guard about his BDSM.

Bauer is not a physical specimen. He’s a guy. 6’1” barely gets you on the ride these days. (He probably isn’t 6’1”) His father was a pitching coach and obviously very good. Bauer was his prize pupil.

Bauer is very very smart in what I have always contended was a sport inhabited by the dumbest athletes. By a mile. This goes a long way to explaining Bauers behavior on the field and off.

I immediately recall the throw over the center field fence from the mound when Terry Francona met him on the mound in Cleveland. I digress

The videos were always outstanding. He is highly verbal and he knows it. There is a little Curt Schilling there. Similar resulting arrogance defect.

When I played we all talked trash about our teammates. We all wanted to take the next step so there was competition amongst teammates. This video egocentrism has gotta be a big hit in the locker room. I am sure there is not a lotta love. Imagine a whole team of guys like Bauer and their phone.

Bauer would make an incredible coach on some level. If he wasn’t such a fuck up he might occupy the same space as the poker player who created Driveline.

Bauer is brilliant in his observations and understanding of the game. If he didn’t poison his brand he might make a top top broadcasting personality.

You can be a freak and a weird dude and have something to offer. The public won’t let him.

Comments

WillieMcFML: He’d be a hell of a pitching coach if he wasn’t such a freak and a weird dude

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    This is a very harsh commentary on the state of pitching this year. Outta the pen?

He’s playing Mexican ball. Vanderbilt would prolly beat these guys. The Cape Cod League would laugh at them.

Load Metric
    That I've never heard a peep about him returning to Cleveland despite our poverty payroll and he'd play for nothing, the Bieber injury, that speaks volumes about his chances of ever returning. If he took a charter from Mexico City to Houston and started for us tonight, I don't think we are +145 as we are with Carrasco starting. He's just burnt too many bridges.

I recall his pitching coach used to post on 2+2. Ohio kid who moved to Seattle area and opened a pitching academy. He would post in Indians thread. Doubt he posts anymore, but I'd love to get his read. They were quite good friends. When he pitched for us, he'd never fail to mention how much he helped him and they'd socialize off the field. Can't recall his screen name.

Comments

WillieMcFML: Kyle Boddy?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    That I've never heard a peep about him returning to Cleveland despite our poverty payroll and he'd play for nothing, the Bieber injury, that speaks volumes about his chances of ever returning. If he took a charter from Mexico City to Houston and started for us tonight, I don't think we are +145 as we are with Carrasco starting. He's just burnt too many bridges.

I recall his pitching coach used to post on 2+2. Ohio kid who moved to Seattle area and opened a pitching academy. He would post in Indians thread. Doubt he posts anymore, but I'd love to get his read. They were quite good friends. When he pitched for us, he'd never fail to mention how much he helped him and they'd socialize off the field. Can't recall his screen name.
    After the disrespect he showed Tito? There is no reality that freak would ever return to the Cleveland organization. Cleveland specifically unloaded him on that idiot Friedman. They had enough of his act.

The rest is history. Most learn from history.

Comments

BCR: I legit forgot about that episode until just now. He's had so much drama and twitter beef, that feels like a thousand years ago.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

This is a very harsh commentary on the state of pitching this year. Outta the pen?

He’s playing Mexican ball. Vanderbilt would prolly beat these guys. The Cape Cod League would laugh at them.
    I was saying it broadly earlier, without thinking too hard. But now I almost agree. Looking at rotations RIGHT NOW (healthy)....Seattle, Atlanta, Philly the only 3 I see where he wouldn't at least #3.

He did have a 2.76 ERA in Japan last year, after 18 months off. Talent is still there

Load Metric
    what's the deal with this Aristides Aquino former team mate of Trevor's on the Reds and current team mate in Mexico.... looks like he still hits the the snot out of the ball...???

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Aquino was a guy who scorched the ball when he came up in 2019, and then like many surprising minor leaguers who kill MLB at first, the league figured him out.

He toiled for parts of 3 more seasons and finally he was released in 2022.

In the old days he would've been picked up by someone as a bench power hitter (something I still feel is valuable, and has fallen out of favor since the 2010s), but these days he got his walking papers and nobody wanted him.

I think the problem is that he's one of those guys who can smack around shitty pitchers in places like the Mexican league, but still hasn't figured out how to beat MLB's adjustments to him.

May not be a bad idea for a team to take one more shot at him for cheap, though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dollarboxcar View Post
    what's the deal with this Aristides Aquino former team mate of Trevor's on the Reds and current team mate in Mexico.... looks like he still hits the the snot out of the ball...???

Aquino lacked the plate discipline to be a 3TO hitter, those guys don't last long once pitchers figure them out. Also no defense. Basically he has 1 tool, raw power.

No one considers Joey Gallo a great player by any means, and he has 3 + tools; raw power, eye, defense/defensive versatility

Load Metric
    hey thanks to all with the back story with this Aquino guy.... he was messing around with Trevor in the latest Vlog posted above.... said he wanted to be in Trevor's vlog so he showed some highlights.....

Trevor looked incredibly good at the end of the video with all them K's.... i know it is only the " Mexican League " but them pitches were NASTY !! very nasty... !!! don't forget his home team plays at elevation too... and i think most of the ball parks in Mexico are at elevation also... so he seems to be doing really good in that respect also... sounds like he is actually going to go over his 9 straight K's and 14 total K's more in depth in his next vlog... he should of done it in this last one and cut out all the other BS... but i guess it leaves a " cliff hanger " for his next video.... i've been binge watching his shit....LOL.... i'm pulling for the guy... IMO he got a raw deal with these women... but he put himself in those situations too.... IDK... i like his story and am pulling for him....

if your gonna give me shit cause of the women.... just remember he has been vindicated .... way beyond a shadow of a doubt...
    i hope he sues MLB for "no due process" .. or something along them lines....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This Lindsey Hill chick is obsessed with him and has basically defined her entire identity to being the supposed exposer of Bauer.

She's insufferable.

I don't even understand what he saw in her in the first place. She's very arrogant, obnoxious, and self-centered, even when not talking about Bauer. If I were a top MLB pitcher, zero chance I would have interest in a girl like that. In fact, zero chance I'd have interest in a girl like that even as an old guy who never pitched in MLB.

But I guess her expressing willingness to do the freaky stuff was good enough for him, and he kept his eyes closed to everything else.

Load Metric
    one last thing if anyone doesn't mind, but why did Trevor leave Japan baseball and now to Mexican league?... like i said i have been sort of binge watching his stuff lately but i haven't seen anything about leaving Japan ball for the Mexican league being addressed?
    TIA....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dollarboxcar View Post
    one last thing if anyone doesn't mind, but why did Trevor leave Japan baseball and now to Mexican league?... like i said i have been sort of binge watching his stuff lately but i haven't seen anything about leaving Japan ball for the Mexican league being addressed?
    TIA....
    That i don't know. Japanese clubs can only carry 4 foreign players, I think, and theyre always signed to 1 year deals IIRC. Maybe Bauer wanted to be closer to home, maybe he wore out his welcome in Japan. I hadn't heard either way. Probably in one of his videos.

Comments

1dollarboxcar: thanks, but i still haven't seen anything where this was addressed though....

Thread Information