Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather allegedly bet $3 mil on Michigan

Load Metric

Floyd Mayweather allegedly bet $3 mil on Michigan

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UEGM3SLhejc

I'm going to a party with some Alabama alums to watch this and of course wagering is essential.

I know dick about college football but feel like siding with Money. Any thoughts on this one? Could Michigan just get slayed?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I'm going to a party with some Alabama alums to watch this and of course wagering is essential.

I know dick about college football but feel like siding with Money. Any thoughts on this one? Could Michigan just get slayed?
    It was announced today that a couple of key starters including their starting running back have been suspended and will not play.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Lock of the century that Mayweather ends up broke some day.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    As much as I'd like to think this will come to fruition, it might be difficult for him to do, even with the incredible amount of stupidity he has displayed. His net worth now is over $100 million, and he also has Mayweather Promotions, which I am not sure the value of, but I know they FRONT the money for fees and such to Golden Boy when putting on an event.

With all that I give him a 20% chance at not being broke by 50.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    As much as I'd like to think this will come to fruition, it might be difficult for him to do, even with the incredible amount of stupidity he has displayed. His net worth now is over $100 million, and he also has Mayweather Promotions, which I am not sure the value of, but I know they FRONT the money for fees and such to Golden Boy when putting on an event.

With all that I give him a 20% chance at not being broke by 50.
    Can someone find and post the Mayweather flinging cash gif? Seems like the most appropriate time to do so.
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Banned
    Load Metric
    PBF is one of the best boxers I have ever watched. I am in awe of his considerable pugilistic talents.

However, to bet $3Million on a college football game reveals a dangerously poor understanding of money management.

He could win....shit for $3,000,000, I hope he does but his bet is crazy. Not his pick...just the fact he bet $3Mil.

Don't tell me it's relative to his wealth.

That may be true but PBF is no Billy Walters.

I hope he doesn't end up broke like so many greats including those who toiled in Don King's stable.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Spot on Pete, I agree 100%.

Load Metric
    Update:Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports, a source we consider far more reliable than a guy with "incarcerated" in his Twitter handle, says the original report isn't true.

Banned
    Load Metric
    To be fair he did bet the spread but I still think he's losing - the guy is from Grand Rapids, Mi which would explain why he wants a big sweat.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

He could be putting down that money for Walters or someone like him. It was rumored that one of the big bets Ivey made was just a front for BW.

Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post

He could be putting down that money for Walters or someone like him. It was rumored that one of the big bets Ivey made was just a front for BW.
    Yeah, I've heard those rumors.

Highly unlikely.

Think about it. Sure, Billy Walters doesn't want bookies to recognize his action, but why would he use a degenerate celebrity gambler to a mask his wagers? He wouldn't because he already has plenty of runners to do that.

Plus, why would a celebrity risk IRS exposure if it wasn't necessary?

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=SixToedPete;80616]
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post

Plus, why would a celebrity risk IRS exposure if it wasn't necessary?
    Mayweather might very well do it, just so people will think HE actually bet that much.

Guy is filthy fucking rich, but he wants absolutely everyone to know it.

I know he's made some big bets, but I highly doubt even he would bet 3m on 1 game.
    Last edited by JMM; 09-01-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=JMM;80654]

Mayweather might very well do it, just so people will think HE actually bet that much.

Guy is filthy fucking rich, but he wants absolutely everyone to know it.

I know he's made some big bets, but I highly doubt even he would be 3m on 1 game.
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Mayweather is your typical loud mouth n-word with an ego the size of North America. He craves attention like a fiend needs crack.

He always posts his winning bets after the fact like he never loses.

And if he actually did make this bet I guarantee he had inside info beforehand. I hope he fucking.g loses no matter how much he really bet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I am a Bama fan and think that they should win but if he got +14 like I've read then it may not be that bad of a bet. Saban will likely be trying out all of his running backs to get them playing time as it has been reported that Lacy still has a nagging leg injury and may not play the whole game. Either way it's fucking stupid to bet 3 mill on something that you have absolutely no control over.

Load Metric
    It is amazing what addictive gambling does to the brain pleasure centers. What is the excuse to gamble big money when you have 100 mil +? Even if he wins the 3 mil bet, then what? He will enjoy the winning high for about 5 minutes and then immediately try to figure out how to repeat it.

It doesnt matter how much money he has. People like him can always figure out how to go broke from gambling because in order to obtain the "high" they have to risk enough that it hurts if they lose.

Countless people richer than him in entertainment business have gone broke and didnt even have a gambling problem - Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson, etc. Michael Jackson's estate is actually flush with cash now because he isnt alive to spend it but he was near broke when he was alive.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    It is amazing what addictive gambling does to the brain pleasure centers. What is the excuse to gamble big money when you have 100 mil +? Even if he wins the 3 mil bet, then what? He will enjoy the winning high for about 5 minutes and then immediately try to figure out how to repeat it.

It doesnt matter how much money he has. People like him can always figure out how to go broke from gambling because in order to obtain the "high" they have to risk enough that it hurts if they lose.

Countless people richer than him in entertainment business have gone broke and didnt even have a gambling problem - Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson, etc. Michael Jackson's estate is actually flush with cash now because he isnt alive to spend it but he was near broke when he was alive.
    Name:  This.gif
Views: 545
Size:  323.5 KB

A lot of truth here.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I just hope he doesn't start martingaling. That could get real serious real quick.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

post more plz...

can we at least get a return of cmoney's lock of the week?

Load Metric
    post more plz...

can we at least get a return of cmoney's lock of the week?

What do we need that for? We already have verminard's "LOCK" of the week. Just bet the opposite.

Name:  Laugh 3.gif
Views: 849
Size:  635.0 KB

Seiously though, cmoney should start that thread.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information