Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Dan Druff a Good Sprinter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Believe it or not, being tall is a disadvantage in running, though being fat or old is a much bigger disadvantage.

Last I saw, jsearles is a lot fatter than me. So while I'm taller and older -- and both of those are disadvantages -- I feel that he's too fat to be able to beat me, especially since I can run fast for my age/size.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Believe it or not, being tall is a disadvantage in running, though being fat or old is a much bigger disadvantage.

Last I saw, jsearles is a lot fatter than me. So while I'm taller and older -- and both of those are disadvantages -- I feel that he's too fat to be able to beat me, especially since I can run fast for my age/size.
    You do realize you are debating a security guard who once bragged about getting a discounted cookie in a drive thru? I think you are better than this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

You do realize you are debating a security guard who once bragged about getting a discounted cookie in a drive thru? I think you are better than this.
    That's why this race will be required viewing on youtube.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

and yet you used the temperature as an excuse to duck his challenge. The temperature will be the same for both of you, or do it indoors, or admit you are scared to race him.

Load Metric

Is Dan Druff a Good Sprinter

Right now Druff doesn’t really go outside much, right? So no race then. I wouldn’t race anyways, don’t want Druff to get hurt.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

and yet you used the temperature as an excuse to duck his challenge. The temperature will be the same for both of you, or do it indoors, or admit you are scared to race him.
    Using temp as the reason not to do a short distance race doesn't make a lot of sense to me, tbh. Maybe if it was a 5k, but 100m? Heat wouldn't be a factor at all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Using temp as the reason not to do a short distance race doesn't make a lot of sense to me, tbh. Maybe if it was a 5k, but 100m? Heat wouldn't be a factor at all.

But as I said earlier, it can be inside. Vegas is filled with convention centers and large ballrooms that can be used. But Druff ignored that suggestion and is afraid of the challenge, even though he’s convinced he will win.

Load Metric
    PFA foot race n the parking lot of the Rio at the next WSOP. I’m in. Think I’ve got a shot at the title!

Load Metric

I’d smoke Druff in a 100m race. I’d be surprised if it was particularly close.

It would be pretty easy to post up a time for comparison if Druff is interested. I’m guessing he’s not and he’ll just keep trying to muddy the waters.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    When has height even been a disadvantage to sprinting? Bolt is 6’5. I looked through the top 10 times ever ran, and like one guy is under 6’. Even Carl Lewis from way back is 6’2. Asafa Powell who is second best is 6’3.

Comments

1marley1: Never one to let facts get in the way of a good argument

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    When has height even been a disadvantage to sprinting? Bolt is 6’5. I looked through the top 10 times ever ran, and like one guy is under 6’. Even Carl Lewis from way back is 6’2. Asafa Powell who is second best is 6’3.

druff took a swing and a miss here

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I’d smoke Druff in a 100m race. I’d be surprised if it was particularly close.

It would be pretty easy to post up a time for comparison if Druff is interested. I’m guessing he’s not and he’ll just keep trying to muddy the waters.
    I think that Gringo already chickened out. Too bad, ‘cause there would have been some good prop bets to have. You could have live streamed it. It would have been fun to see. Oh well.

Load Metric
    As others have pointed out, your height is in no way a disadvantage in short-distance running.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Well if they were shorter they'd have run faster.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Have you read Druff over the years?

Our guy is softer than Marshmallow Peeps. He's not running outside in the summer.

Does have a killer immune system though, which leads to radio cancellations due to headaches, stomach aches, LPR, colds, coughs, chest tightness, possible COVID etc.

Probably doesn't even go outside for temperatures below 60 and above 80 except to/from his car.

Unless he's getting huge odds or a 20% coupon off a pizza this will never happen.

Comments

Muck Ficon: :this

dwai: lol

Jayjami:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    time to get beenstaring out of retirement and see if he will challenge todger to a foot race
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Put some jew gold at the end of a track and then "See Druff Run!"
    Nah, just some 2 for 1 comps will do it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding height, it's not as clear cut as I had previously thought.

There was actually a debate on this on a running forum: https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_r...thread=8216362

Some people are arguing that being shorter means you're going to be lighter, so that's why more of the good runners are short-average rather than tall (since all of them are going to be thin/muscular, so the shorter ones will be lighter).

Others believe it's way your body is made up, and that shorter/average people tend to be built in a way which can allow them to move faster.

However, others believe that longer legs are better.

I still maintain that being tall is a disadvantage. Look at baseball, where the speedy guys on the basepaths tend to be under 6'. Yes, there's some fast tall guys, but they tend to be very young, and lose that pretty quickly. The fastest runners in baseball tend to be on the shorter side for MLB (and about average height compared to American males).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding the temperature, if it's a very short race, yes, I can do it in the heat. I just don't want that to be a factor. Even standing outside for a little while in 110 degrees can drain your energy to where you won't run as fast as you normally would have.

I'm still not convinced jsearles is serious about this, though. When we get closer to June, we can see if he will actually make this happen. Also, if there's going to be a bet, I will need to see him beforehand, just in case he lost weight, which would obviously change things, especially given the age difference.

Load Metric
    Can anyone of us also enter the race?

Comments

Sloppy Joe: No one wants to be within miles of you

dwai: offset

Thread Information