Thread: Cheltenham festival ( horse racing )

Bronze
    Load Metric

Cheltenham festival ( horse racing )

Tomorrow ( Tuesday ) is the start of the Cheltenham festival which is the premium horse racing event of the year.

Below are my tips for each race :

1:20 Irascible 33/1 EW

1:55 Shishkin 1/1 Win , however Franco Du Port 12/1 EW worth a punt

2:30 Nietzsche 18/1 EW

3:05 Honeysuckle 13/8 This is a fantastic race with some great horses in it, Honeysuckle currently 10 for 10 in wins and going for 11

3:40 Minella Melody 28/1

4:15 Busselton 8/1 This particular race and horse I have had a reliable tip and I strongly fancy this. Odds mean an EW could still be viable

4:50 Remastered 6/1

Anyway hopefully some of you will join me in the 'sweat' and would be interested to hear any thoughts

Final thoughts : Shishkin should be an absolute banker to win, Honeysuckle is a great bet BUT this is a great race and she will get pushed hard by Goshan. Busselton is a great EW bet to play it safe and you should be able to get a top 6 payout as it is a 23 horse race

Good luck everyone who gets involved

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Well for those who might have had an interest in this here is my day 1 update

1:20 Irascible 33/1 EW : This was a disaster, my expectations were low as it was clearly an outsider at 33/1 but from the moment the race started it was never in it. A bad bet for sure

1:55 Shishkin 1/1 Win , however Franco Du Port 12/1 EW worth a punt As expected Shishkin destroyed the field and won at a canter, Franco on the otherhand never performed and was always at the or near the backend

2:30 Nietzsche 18/1 EW Again an outsider but almost squeezed a place, the odds dont lie however and as such I got what I deserved for this bet.......nothing

3:05 Honeysuckle 13/8 This is a fantastic race with some great horses in it, Honeysuckle currently 10 for 10 in wins and going for 11 This was a far far easier victory for Honeysuckle than it should have been and she is now 11 for 11. Also Rachael Blackmore became the first jockey to win that particular race. the main competition in Epitante and Goshan were an incredible let down, but no complaints from me as I got the win, also got far better odds as I placed this antepost

3:40 Minella Melody 28/1 This was an interesting one. Minella shortened from 28/1 to 14/1 at the off. For a race like Cheltenham where it is the cream of the crop this is unusual and suggests plenty of money was on it, but once again the bookies seldom get things wrong and it never performed

4:15 Busselton 8/1 This particular race and horse I have had a reliable tip and I strongly fancy this. Odds mean an EW could still be viable My biggest letdown. whilst not the favourite it was being strongly talked about by many but failed on all avenues, however, the race itself was an odd one that was won by Jeff Kidder at 80/1

4:50 Remastered 6/1 Underperformed and came 5th out of 12 whereas the odds put it at 4th favourite.

Overall a losing day but could have been worse. Honeysuckle antipost somewhat saved it....

I will post Wednesdays suggestions shortly

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Cheltenham on Wednesday tips/ suggestions

1:20 Bob Olinger 6/4 Win. Seven horse race with 2 really good horses. going for the favourite here

1:55 Monkfish 4/11 Win. An absolute banker here. Six horse race and to put into perspective the second favourite is 8/1

2:30 Blue Sari 10/1 EW. The field has 26 horses but I am going with sari, trained by Willie Mullins ( arguably the best trainer in the business )

3:05 Put The Kettle On 17/2 EW. good horses in this race. Favourite is 5/4 but I fancy Kettle could perform . It is the lowest weight by 7lbs

3:40 Defi Des Carres 33/1 EW. My most ambitious bet in a race including Tiger Roll and the great French horse Easysland. do not have high hopes but fancied a punt !

4:15 Duc Des Genevieres 20/1 EW. Twenty horse race with no real standout runner, have seen run before and if conditions suit I 'think' he could perform

4:50 Sir Gerherd 2/1 WIN.. Five Willie Mullins horses in this race with the 2 favourites being trained by him. Dislike the odds and believe should be more like 7/2 but will take my chances

Good luck anyone who punts

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty007 View Post
    Well for those who might have had an interest in this here is my day 1 update

1:20 Irascible 33/1 EW : This was a disaster, my expectations were low as it was clearly an outsider at 33/1 but from the moment the race started it was never in it. A bad bet for sure

1:55 Shishkin 1/1 Win , however Franco Du Port 12/1 EW worth a punt As expected Shishkin destroyed the field and won at a canter, Franco on the otherhand never performed and was always at the or near the backend

2:30 Nietzsche 18/1 EW Again an outsider but almost squeezed a place, the odds dont lie however and as such I got what I deserved for this bet.......nothing

3:05 Honeysuckle 13/8 This is a fantastic race with some great horses in it, Honeysuckle currently 10 for 10 in wins and going for 11 This was a far far easier victory for Honeysuckle than it should have been and she is now 11 for 11. Also Rachael Blackmore became the first jockey to win that particular race. the main competition in Epitante and Goshan were an incredible let down, but no complaints from me as I got the win, also got far better odds as I placed this antepost

3:40 Minella Melody 28/1 This was an interesting one. Minella shortened from 28/1 to 14/1 at the off. For a race like Cheltenham where it is the cream of the crop this is unusual and suggests plenty of money was on it, but once again the bookies seldom get things wrong and it never performed

4:15 Busselton 8/1 This particular race and horse I have had a reliable tip and I strongly fancy this. Odds mean an EW could still be viable My biggest letdown. whilst not the favourite it was being strongly talked about by many but failed on all avenues, however, the race itself was an odd one that was won by Jeff Kidder at 80/1

4:50 Remastered 6/1 Underperformed and came 5th out of 12 whereas the odds put it at 4th favourite.

Overall a losing day but could have been worse. Honeysuckle antipost somewhat saved it....

I will post Wednesdays suggestions shortly
    Who's not putting money on Nietzsche?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Update for Wednesdays results

1:20 Bob Olinger 6/4 Win. Seven horse race with 2 really good horses. going for the favourite here As expected this was a clear win and Bob Olinger romped home. A good start to the day

1:55 Monkfish 4/11 Win. An absolute banker here. Six horse race and to put into perspective the second favourite is 8/1 the banker here never let me down, odds were incredibly short but win was never in doubt

2:30 Blue Sari 10/1 EW. The field has 26 horses but I am going with sari, trained by Willie Mullins ( arguably the best trainer in the business ) A very frustrating race, coming upto the last hurdle Blue sari was second and it was looking like either victory or second......then it fell at the last hurdle..bummer

3:05 Put The Kettle On 17/2 EW. good horses in this race. Favourite is 5/4 but I fancy Kettle could perform . It is the lowest weight by 7lbs Best race of the day by far, very close contest but Put The Kettle ended up winning for another victory

3:40 Defi Des Carres 33/1 EW. My most ambitious bet in a race including Tiger Roll and the great French horse Easysland. do not have high hopes but fancied a punt ! As i expected Deif was good but could not quite keep the distance and started to slow at just over 2 miles. This was won in the end by Tiger Roll ( 5th Cheltenham win ) and second was Easysland which was frustrating as i should have doen them for the double

4:15 Duc Des Genevieres 20/1 EW. Twenty horse race with no real standout runner, have seen run before and if conditions suit I 'think' he could perform A little disappointing as never really in it from the off and was always mid pack

4:50 Sir Gerherd 2/1 WIN.. Five Willie Mullins horses in this race with the 2 favourites being trained by him. Dislike the odds and believe should be more like 7/2 but will take my chancesAnother close race but he managed to hold on for the win and as i was best odds guarenteed i secured this at 3/1

Overall a fantastic day with 4 wins from 7. Roll on tomorrow !

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Thursday tip/ suggestions

1:20 Envoi Allen 1/2 WIN. this is basically a wonder horse and clear banker for the day, have gone big and do not expect to be let down

1:55 Storm Arising 20/1 EW. Huge 25 horse race with no clear winner, Storm Arising has some form and riden by Bryony Frost it has a good jockey onboard

2:30 Min 9/2 WIN. Great horse with a good pedigree from the Mullins stable, will be tough but should battle home

3:05 Paisley Park 19/10 WIN. Again no means a formality but form and pedegree suggests this should live up to being the favourite

3:40 Top Notch 25/1 EW. A monster race with 23 horses, form not the greatest but have seen many a time and know on its day it could perform, would be happy with a place at these odds

4:15 Tellmesomethingirl 15/2 EW. Real tough race to call and odds only just warrant an each way bet, but i had to go with someone !

4:50 Shantou Flyer 10/1 EW. I expect to at least get a place and a win would be a bonus, considered a few horses here but think this overall will have the best possible chance of a return and profit

As always good luck to those who take a punt !

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I've never been so shitface drunk as the day at the Cheltenham Festival a good 20 years back.

We were already 10 beers in when our 14-1 outsider came home. At that point we hit the town along with all the paddys and we were easily 20 pints to the worse by the end of the night.

Good times!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Here’s mine for today Nutty

1.55 dandy mag

2.30 mister fisher

3.40 farclas

4.15 the glancing queen

4.50 musical slave

All e/w

Good luck
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Good going yesterday Nutty.

I was down a small fortune but then SKY PIRATE rescued me @16/1 to put me in the black.

Still raging I didn’t have Put the kettle on, I fancied it but preferred the odds on Nube Negra.

Haven’t looked at today’s cards yet but I know half the country will be on Envoi Allen, I however cannot abide horses at those odds lol

Good luck all
    BALLIN'!!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Evening all, thanks to those who have contributed in this thread and obviously I also wish the best of luck for bets you have made already and for the final day tomorrow. Here is my update from Thursdays results

1:20 Envoi Allen 1/2 WIN. this is basically a wonder horse and clear banker for the day, have gone big and do not expect to be let down disastrous as he fell, whilst I lost on this big there will be a huge number of punters who have lost singles and accys on this one horse. Have watched the replay multiple times and have to blame the jockey somewhat and wish it was ridden by someone else, anyway these things happen

1:55 Storm Arising 20/1 EW. Huge 25 horse race with no clear winner, Storm Arising has some form and ridden by Bryony Frost it has a good jockey onboard a bit of a non entity and as such another losing bet, not entirely surprising though

2:30 Min 9/2 WIN. Great horse with a good pedigree from the Mullins stable, will be tough but should battle home Very much underperformed but luckily at the last minute i put an each way bet on Tornado Flyer at 33/1 which placed so it became a profitable bet....just

3:05 Paisley Park 19/10 WIN. Again no means a formality but form and pedegree suggests this should live up to being the favourite A tough race and again i lucky as i had accidently placed the bet EW which you would never normally do based on the odds, this meant whilst i still lost on the bet I managed to retrieve about 60% of my bet on this. One time when im glad i made a mistake

3:40 Top Notch 25/1 EW. A monster race with 23 horses, form not the greatest but have seen many a time and know on its day it could perform, would be happy with a place at these odds This was fantastic, Top Notch managed to place AND i had the benefit of best odds which meant I got paid out at 50/1 . A day saver

4:15 Tellmesomethingirl 15/2 EW. Real tough race to call and odds only just warrant an each way bet, but i had to go with someone ! Won in spectacular fashion, very pleased

4:50 Shantou Flyer 10/1 EW. I expect to at least get a place and a win would be a bonus, considered a few horses here but think this overall will have the best possible chance of a return and profit
    As expected Shantou placed so i made a small profit on this one.

Overall I just about managed to scrape in even or so on the day basically because of Top Notch coming in at 50/1 for a place with best odds

So overall 1 win for the day and 4 places. Pleased considering it was looking like the day was a loss based on race 1 but my places helped salvage the situation

Roll on tomorrow

Load Metric
    Had a good day again overall yesterday having picked Mrs Miller but lost plenty back in the rest of the races. Mister Fisher would have won if it could jump & really fancied flooring porter only I got a tip for the storyteller and changed my selection last minute ffs.

Who do we fancy today?
    BALLIN'!!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Fridays ( todays ) tips, been tied up and real busy but here is my suggestions/ tips with no overview

1:20 Tritonic 4/1 WIN

1:55 Buildmeupbuttercup 22/1 EW

2:30 Staller 9/2 WIN

3:05 A Plus Tard 7/2 WIN

3:40 Hazel Hill 25/1 EW

4:15 Cabaret Queen 20/1 EW

4:50 Eglantine Du Seuil 25/1 EW

Sorry for the last minute with no commentary but as always good luck for today those who punt

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Punter wins first 4 races of a 5 race acca at Cheltenham, and then has the banker Envoi Allen in the final race for a £500,000 payday off a £5 bet.

Decides to cash out for £250,000 rather than gamble it all - turns out it was the right play as the favourite fell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/56435950
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Punter wins first 4 races of a 5 race acca at Cheltenham, and then has the banker Envoi Allen in the final race for a £500,000 payday off a £5 bet.

Decides to cash out for £250,000 rather than gamble it all - turns out it was the right play as the favourite fell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/56435950
    Bookie loving the PR no doubt, more room to squeaze people on the cashout options lol
    BALLIN'!!

Thread Information