Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD ***

Load Metric
    Cardinals took the lead for the last play-off spot last night. After today they have a tough road trip. 3 @ CIN, 3 @ PIT, 4 @ WASH. Hope Washington isn't as good as their record.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Some things I would have done differently if I had poker to do all over again, from the time I started playing in early 2001:

- I would have game-selected better. I would have wasted less time playing in marginal games, and only sat down in games where I was sure I was very +EV.

- I would have stayed away from live games of 300-600 and above and online games of 200-400 and above unless they were especially good.

- I would have started an online poker affiliate website, back when it was easy to make a lot of money doing that.

- I would have demanded a substantial piece of ownership of NWP once I had taken a leadership-type role over there, and walked and started my own site if they wouldn't give it to me.

- I would have stayed away from UB, instead of quietly telling my friends, "There's something not right at that place" when I was always losing there.

- I would have played more NL tournaments before everyone started getting good at them.

- I would have been more diligent about finding EVERY soft site in the pre-UIGEA days, and not just become complacent with the ones I knew about. I did this well at times, but other times I let goldmine sites slip by without ever signing up.

- I wouldn't have tried to act wacky for the ESPN cameras in 2005, but rather just quietly played my game.

- I would have realized that forums have a certain percentage of unbalanced freaks, and would have found it less important to get in the last word, and just ignored people when they were getting too obsessive.

- I would have made some good instructional videos before the Cardrunners and Deucescracked days, and capitalized on my bracelet win to earn some nice extra cash.
    Could be side side effect from:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

...but still an interesting thread topic.

Here's my beef.

All my life I've chased beautiful women. I've been intoxicated by their beauty, their perfume, their coyness, their 'I know you want me but...'.

However, even with all the conquests I've had, what did all that flirtatious 'can't have me' behavior amount to?

I'll tell you.

She strips naked, I want her but what do I really want?

Her pussy.

Yes, that's right, it often comes down to a hairy snatch that, when you position your nose right in front of it, doesn't smell all that sweet.

Mother Nature is cruel.

It's all a charade.

P.S. I'm old school. I've been to all states except Alaska and Hawaii.
    Cough medicine is a crazy fucking trip. If you take a shitload of it where the only active ingredient is dextromethorphan you will be more fucked up than you have ever been in your life. Tried that shit in high school one time and tried mushroom twice in college. Cough medicine was much crazier IMO. Don't try it.

Indiana is the worst state I've ever been to. The big city (Indy) is utterly forgettable and the rest of the state is awful. Drove to Chicago this summer for a half marathon partially through Indiana, nothing at all but cornfields.

While out recently a friend and I bet $50 as to who could name the most states matched with the capitals. I lost, only being able to name 49 states and 41 capitals. Give it a try, much harder than you think. The state I couldn't think of? Missouri.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I have an odd fascination with "sensible malapropisms". Emphasis on sensible. If you say things like "for all intensive purposes", that's just retarded. But sometimes they kind of make sense, and it's understandable how you might make the mistake. Even better is when they have almost the same literal meaning using different (but similar sounding) words.

For example, to idolize something undeserving is to place it on a pedestal, because that's what you put statues on. Putting something on a "pedal stool" (I've seen you make this one, Druff) is kind of silly, but that's still raising it on a higher platform. A mistake, but a perfectly sensible one.

When something is fixed firmly in place, such as a belief, it is deep seated. That's the original phrase, and its meaning is very specific. A lot of people say deep seeded, which kind of means the same thing in a metaphorical sense. It was many years before I realized I was getting this wrong, but in my defense, it's totally sensible.

Escape goat - If you fuck up and get into trouble, just blame the escape goat and ride it to safety!

Mute point - Kind of a reach, but somewhat sensible. If a point is no longer worth debating, I suppose you could say it's silent.

I've thought about writing these down when I see new ones, maybe putting them on a website, but I sort doubt anyone else would give a shit.
    I made the 'intensive purposes' mistake for years without really thinking about it. I bet a lot of people do it without realizing it as it sounds exactly the same and on the surface kind of makes sense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    is limonata lemonade?
    are limes baby lemons?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    is limonata lemonade?
    are limes baby lemons?

I don't know, but I'd like an answer
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center towers took place in July instead of Sept. would we refer to it as 7/11?

Comments

herbertstemple: LOL. delayed but LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    If the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center towers took place in July instead of Sept. would we refer to it as 7/11?

legit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric

are limes baby lemons?

I don't know, but I'd like an answer
    yes and yes.

Micon wanted an "anything goes" forum. well, everything and everyone went.

Load Metric
    So it's fancy lemonade? I love lemonade. I will have to check it out

Load Metric
    I have been to every U.S. state except Alaska, Oregon and Wisconsin. I don't remember Idaho, but I'm pretty sure I was there when I was a kid, on a trip through Yellowstone. Not positive about Idaho.

Load Metric
    is limonata lemonade?
    are limes baby lemons?
    Probably more like juveniles.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I love eating turkey........so I guess that makes me a tryptofan.

Load Metric
    why do black men have larger penises than the rest of us?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Can you fly fish for flying fish?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    You are not dating enough white men,

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    Because black chicks have big mouths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    I think our economic system is in the midst of failing. Not simply some kind of correction, but full out failure. I have a family and I am trying to prepare for this failure. The main way is to live simply and not take on ANY debt whatsoever for any reason. Stay flexible. Stay mobile. Also don't have a clue what to do with cash thinking pretty much every investment is going to tank. Probably going with rental property. But that is contrary to stay flexible, stay mobile. Oh ya, also, work sucks! And at some point world population is going to peak - don't you think?
    I also think the world economy is on the verge of collapse.

I am torn as to wether it is part of a long term plan by the powers that be to consolidate power and resources or wether it is just incompetence. Either way, there will be some dramatic changes coming in the next 10 -15 years and none of them will be good for working class people imo.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    i find it interesting that the real ''penis snake in the grass'' isnt advertising his radio show on pfa anymore.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    i find it interesting that the real ''penis snake in the grass'' isnt advertising his radio show on pfa anymore.

He hates us posters and doesn't agree with how Druff runs the place. Countdown to the big break up.....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I have an odd fascination with "sensible malapropisms". Emphasis on sensible. If you say things like "for all intensive purposes", that's just retarded. But sometimes they kind of make sense, and it's understandable how you might make the mistake. Even better is when they have almost the same literal meaning using different (but similar sounding) words.

For example, to idolize something undeserving is to place it on a pedestal, because that's what you put statues on. Putting something on a "pedal stool" (I've seen you make this one, Druff) is kind of silly, but that's still raising it on a higher platform. A mistake, but a perfectly sensible one.

When something is fixed firmly in place, such as a belief, it is deep seated. That's the original phrase, and its meaning is very specific. A lot of people say deep seeded, which kind of means the same thing in a metaphorical sense. It was many years before I realized I was getting this wrong, but in my defense, it's totally sensible.

Escape goat - If you fuck up and get into trouble, just blame the escape goat and ride it to safety!

Mute point - Kind of a reach, but somewhat sensible. If a point is no longer worth debating, I suppose you could say it's silent.

I've thought about writing these down when I see new ones, maybe putting them on a website, but I sort doubt anyone else would give a shit.
    There is a certain radio host whom we are all familiar with who combines "on the cusp" and "off the cuff" and comes up with "off the cusp".
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Thread Information