Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Times Opinion Editor Bari Weiss resigns, writes scathing open letter about the woke anti-Semitic left in charge there

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

NY Times Opinion Editor Bari Weiss resigns, writes scathing open letter about the woke anti-Semitic left in charge there

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

Good letter, actually.

"Showing up for work as a centrist at an American newspaper should not require bravery."

Interesting insight into the behind-the-scenes machinations at the NY Times, and how just in the past 2 years, it has become far more extreme and punishing to anyone who doesn't go along with far-left orthodoxy.

And they're also anti-Semites.

Funny how some are still in denial that the mainstream media has been poisoned by extreme left narcissists, and can no longer be trusted to do objective reporting. Trump was exaggerating five years ago when he accused the mainstream media of being "fake news", but since then, they've become a caricature of what he depicted them to be.

Load Metric
    Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.
    SPEAK. very good letter.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Is this the same Bari Weiss that wrote a column about how women should suck it up if they don't like to be sexually badgered?

So, she wanted to prove cancel culture existed by cancelling herself, nice job.

Load Metric
    this attention whore is an insufferable cunt. Basically the female dim tool

Load Metric
    jews are such fkn pussies my god.. we need a das racist gif for these morons

Load Metric
    Why to Iranians hate Jews so much? Is it all over that tiny bit of land in the Middle East? If I were an Iranian citizen living in poverty over debilitating sanctions, I would think this war over land 500 miles away is pretty fucking stupid. I mean why the fuck does any Iranian give a shit?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: You know nothing

Muck Ficon: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Snead View Post
    Is this the same Bari Weiss that wrote a column about how women should suck it up if they don't like to be sexually badgered?

Do you not believe the things she's writing about the culture at the NY Times?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    anti-semitic how? cuz Borat said it would be anti-semitic if we said u were a cheap jew

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Why to Iranians hate Jews so much? Is it all over that tiny bit of land in the Middle East? If I were an Iranian citizen living in poverty over debilitating sanctions, I would think this war over land 500 miles away is pretty fucking stupid. I mean why the fuck does any Iranian give a shit?
    Hate is a strong word, but let’s just say i’m not a huge fan of the semitic people (Jews AND Arabs). And even though I much prefer the Jews to the Arabs, the fact of the matter is Persians are the middle eastern master race, as has been the case for thousands of years. It’s a matter of historical record and not up for debate.

Load Metric
    I find it difficult to have sympathy for the inventor of the dorkiest cabal in history: The Intellectual Dark Web.

Comments

Krypt: rofl bunch of losers

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I don't know, I don't work there. If NYT has done something wrong then it's well warranted but I'm being careful to avoid hagiography. She's an opinion writer her polarized reception isn't a simple case of woke vs. anti-woke. Her views couldn’t stand up to valid criticism, and she had trouble accepting that reality. From her letter I'm not sure what NYT did wrong - they hired her, published her, then accepted her resignation letter.

Comments

Krypt:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I don't know, I don't work there. If NYT has done something wrong then it's well warranted but I'm being careful to avoid hagiography. She's an opinion writer her polarized reception isn't a simple case of woke vs. anti-woke. Her views couldn’t stand up to valid criticism, and she had trouble accepting that reality. From her letter I'm not sure what NYT did wrong - they hired her, published her, then accepted her resignation letter.
    Let's put aside what she personally did right or wrong.

Her letter details a really obnoxious bias which attempts to avoid any uncomfortable facts or topics in their pages. Unless you think she's lying, this should disturb anyone who still had any faith in mainstream US news.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Hate is a strong word, but let’s just say i’m not a huge fan of the semitic people (Jews AND Arabs). And even though I much prefer the Jews to the Arabs, the fact of the matter is Persians are the middle eastern master race, as has been the case for thousands of years. It’s a matter of historical record and not up for debate.
    You write in their alphabet. You follow their decimal system. You worship their God. At this point claiming that Persian is the master race of the Middle East is about as persuasive as some Native American guy at the slot machine saying they are the real North American master race.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: a reading from the Book of Esther
    Last edited by ErickAA; 07-14-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Load Metric
    Iranians are the best as evidenced by poster Krypt.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

You write in their alphabet. You follow their decimal system. You worship their God. At this point claiming that Persian is the master race of the Middle East is about as persuasive as some Native American guy at the slot machine saying they are the real North American master race.
    who are you again?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Let's put aside what she personally did right or wrong.

Her letter details a really obnoxious bias which attempts to avoid any uncomfortable facts or topics in their pages. Unless you think she's lying, this should disturb anyone who still had any faith in mainstream US news.
    you can't debate with these lib stooges here, or anywhere.

these half wits weren't even born when bush or reagan was president, and their brain isn't fully formed
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    It's too bad because I like her writing even though I don't always agree with her. I agree probably 75%.

She's also one of the best-looking Jews I know of and would smash repeatedly.

I can't know what experiences she's had at the Times but I think Druff you're making more of this than it actually is. The Times has way more conservative columnists than Bari, for example Ross Douthat (whose writing I also enjoy even though I agree less with him than with Bari). There have also been other incidents she was involved in where she has displayed a bit of a persecution complex--but then again she's Jewish and that's just how we roll.

Fuck cancel culture and ideological conformity though.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    It's too bad because I like her writing even though I don't always agree with her. I agree probably 75%.

She's also one of the best-looking Jews I know of and would smash repeatedly.

I can't know what experiences she's had at the Times but I think Druff you're making more of this than it actually is. The Times has way more conservative columnists than Bari, for example Ross Douthat (whose writing I also enjoy even though I agree less with him than with Bari). There have also been other incidents she was involved in where she has displayed a bit of a persecution complex--but then again she's Jewish and that's just how we roll.

Fuck cancel culture and ideological conformity though.
    Agreed. But oddly, Druff would rabidly disagree with her regarding American Jews who support Trump. From Wikipedia:

————-
    Following the Tree of Life synagogue massacre in Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh, Weiss was a guest on Real Time with Bill Maher in early November 2018. She said of American Jews who support President Donald Trump: “I hope this week that American Jews have woken up to the price of that bargain: They have traded policies that they like for the values that have sustained the Jewish people – and frankly, this country – forever: Welcoming the stranger; dignity for all human beings; equality under the law; respect for dissent; love of truth".
    ————-

Very sad about Druff abandoning those wonderful Jewish values for some political expediency, eh, Walter?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Am I missing the anti-Semitic part or did you just throw it in for click equity.

Is this the sentence that did it for you?
    My own forays into Wrongthink have made me the subject of constant bullying by colleagues who disagree with my views. They have called me a Nazi and a racist; I have learned to brush off comments about how I’m “writing about the Jews again.”

Load Metric

What are your thoughts on Norman Finkelstein? Anti-semite or victim of cancel culture (or both)? He bodied Alan Dershowitz back in the day and then Dershowitz retaliating by getting Finkelstein fired from his tenure-track position at a university.

Here are some digs he made at Weiss on Twitter:

Thread Information