View Poll Results: Should I report the asshole rep for purposely leaving me on hold for 30 minutes?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, fuck him

12 80.00%
  • No, have a heart you Republican asshole

0 0%
  • Don't know / don't care

3 20.00%

Thread: Jew Make the Call: Asshole phone rep edition

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Jew Make the Call: Asshole phone rep edition

Need PFA's advice.

Called a very large company's customer service line, which closes at 7pm PDT. I called at 6:35pm. Turned out I reached the wrong department. The rep, who seemed friendly on the surface, quickly told me I needed the other department (which was correct) and said he'd "get me over there".

30 minutes passed. At 7:05pm, I got a voicemail mesasge: "Thank you for calling XXXXX department. Our normal business hours are 9am to 6pm Pacific Time. Please leave a message and we will return your call." Then, laughably, the mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message anyway.

Clearly the guy wasn't waiting with me on hold for those 30 minutes. There was nothing to hold for -- the department I needed was closed 35 minutes before I called!

I spoke to someone who used to work at that company, who told me that it's common practice there for lazy employees to leave people on needless hold at the end of the day, wait until 5 minutes after knock-off time (so they get 15 minutes overtime pay), cut off the customer, and go home.

That's just about 100% what happened here.

My friend also told me that the company has clamped down hard on this behavior over the past 5 years, and started disciplining people whom they find doing it.

Since I have to call back tomorrow anyway to speak to that department, should I also take a few minutes to make an effort to report this asshole? It is likely there is a record of my call, because he had to access my account to see which department I needed to speak to.

FYI our entire interaction lasted about one minute, and was not at all contentious. Then the 30 minute hold came.

Punish the dickhead for lying and wasting 30 minutes of my time, or let it go because dude was possibly tired and just didn't have the energy to work another half an hour?

JEW MAKE THE CALL

Load Metric
    I'm not a jew, but punish him.

Load Metric
    Is the purpose of putting the customer on hold so that they don't have to deal with other phone calls? I'd think there'd be other lines on his phone, so he'd still have calls, right?

I guess neither of those things really matter, though. If I had a company, I'd like to know if my employees were being dickheads to customers as well as forcing overtime pay. I think you should call and complain about him...but let's be honest, you were 100% going to do that anyway, regardless of what people here said.

Load Metric
    I probably wouldn’t report it, but if I owned the company, I would want you to.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Need PFA's advice.

Called a very large company's customer service line, which closes at 7pm PDT. I called at 6:35pm. Turned out I reached the wrong department. The rep, who seemed friendly on the surface, quickly told me I needed the other department (which was correct) and said he'd "get me over there".

30 minutes passed. At 7:05pm, I got a voicemail mesasge: "Thank you for calling XXXXX department. Our normal business hours are 9am to 6pm Pacific Time. Please leave a message and we will return your call." Then, laughably, the mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message anyway.

Clearly the guy wasn't waiting with me on hold for those 30 minutes. There was nothing to hold for -- the department I needed was closed 35 minutes before I called!

I spoke to someone who used to work at that company, who told me that it's common practice there for lazy employees to leave people on needless hold at the end of the day, wait until 5 minutes after knock-off time (so they get 15 minutes overtime pay), cut off the customer, and go home.

My friend also told me that the company has clamped down hard on this behavior over the past 5 years, and started disciplining people whom they find doing it.

Since I have to call back tomorrow anyway to speak to that department, should I also take a few minutes to make an effort to report this asshole? It is likely there is a record of my call, because he had to access my account to see which department I needed to speak to.

FYI our entire interaction lasted about one minute, and was not at all contentious. Then the 30 minute hold came.

Punish the dickhead for lying and wasting 30 minutes of my time, or let it go because dude was possibly tired and just didn't have the energy to work another half an hour?

JEW MAKE THE CALL

All or most customer services are are handled by Malasian, Indian etc call centers who are pretty much clueless and reading from a script which has nothing to do with the issue being called about. Ones I hate the most are the 30 minute hold to speak to a rep and then the operator says he will put you on hold momentarily only to hang up.

Load Metric
    Now you know how TMMLK feels on radio nights.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    even if he did put you on hold for the reasons you said. you'll never be able to prove it

just take lousy customer service in ass like all of us have to. pretty sure you can even attribute it part of it to the woke left, so hit that keyboard in any one of our great threads and drop eggs in them.

Comments

IamGreek: This
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    another week, another new "Karen Druff" story

call and complain, and maybe you'll get to notch another firing into your smartphone case
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    With your history with customer service, this would be a wise rule.

Never call unless you have two full hours to argue your point.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    With your history with customer service, this would be a wise rule.

Never call unless you have two full hours to argue your point.

HE WAS HIRED TO HELP YOU. NOT TO FUCK YOU UP. I DON’T THINK THATS CLEAR TO HIM!!!

TAKE HIM DOWN!!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, the people have spoken.

I actually was able to text an employee who helped me from the correct department last year, and he said he will call me tomorrow (about the issue I need solved, not the bad CS rep).

If he can take the complaint about the rep and forward it on, great. If he can't, I probably won't waste my time making a separate call to complain.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

BTW, none of this involved a foreign call center.

Comments

shoeshine box:

Load Metric
    GET THE LOW PAID WORKED FIRED TODGE ITS YOUR JEWTY

Load Metric
    I’d make a wager that Trump gets the call center business back from India.

Good Mechanical Turk-like $ for the work at home crowd.

Thx Donald

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I’d make a wager that Trump gets the call center business back from India.

Good Mechanical Turk-like $ for the work at home crowd.

Thx Donald
    Trump isn't getting anything back from anywhere. He's a massive fail.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Need PFA's advice.

JEW MAKE THE CALL
    I'm puzzled why you waited for 30 min., since I assume there was no wait to talk to the original CSR. I would have hung up and called back after 10 min., considering it was near closing time.

Thread Information