Thread: **PSA Metformin Recalls**

Load Metric

**PSA Metformin Recalls**

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on this drug. Here is my experience so far. 6/4 at about 7:00 pm I receive a call telling me to contact manufacturer AMNEAL at 833-582-0812. I thought it might be a junk call so goggled Amneal and sure enuf they say they are recalling and sending notices by regular mail (really?). Apparently it contains the probable carcinogen N-nitrosodimethylamine same as Zantac. This morning I call my pharmacy who tells me that all metformin is being recalled. (Haven't been able to verify that).. Call doctor and get assistant. He will call me back. Needless to say I am freaked out. Called manfacturer number for recalls and get voicemail (sigh). So I'm obviously now going to die of cancer instead of old age and No one seems to give a shit. No urgency anywhere.

Healthcare experts at PFA what do you know about this? What's my next move? TIA

Load Metric
    Wouldn't this only affect fat pieces of shit?

Comments

IamGreek: Not really overweight

Load Metric
    So just received Robocall from my pharmacy telling me what I told them. Telling me to continue taking until Dr. substitutes something. Then doctor's office calls in a different form of Metformin. Why do I feel like I put my pharmacy and doctor on notice? Why isn't this all over the news? So frustrated. I hate taking drugs. Tried going without them and really watching diet and exercise for a year but it threw all my stats out of whack. At my age does it really make a difference? I just feel like sayin FUCK IT and living my life for as long as I have left. Sorry for ranting. Please ignore

Comments

SPIT this: hope it works out for you, buddy

Load Metric
    Metformin has been discontinued by many doctors long ago because of effects on kidneys.

I guess kidney issues weren’t enough to formally get rid of it, you needed the possibility of cancer.

If you are type 2 diabetic and overweight wake the fuck up and lose weight now to get rid of all medications or reduce as much as possible..

They all have side effects and many times worse than what they are trying to treat.

We fucking don’t live right, that is why obesity is so high and everyone is a pawn to the pharmaceutical companies pushing ‘we have a pill for that bad way of living’ while they line their pockets with gold.

Our bodies are meant for natural well balanced food and exercise to maintain health. PERIOD. Everything else is a POISON.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Our bodies are meant for natural well balanced food and exercise to maintain health. PERIOD. Everything else is a POISON.
    Thank you. Do you mind if I share this on my Modern Wellness Facebook Group?

Load Metric
    Splitthis I totally hear ya and agree but when docs tell ya diet and exercise ain't workin,its hard to know who to believe. Doesn't everything just start falling apart in your upper 70's? I mean we all die no matter what we do. We take these damn drugs and we still die. I think genetics play a huge roll and I come from hearty stock and don't want to take drugs but don't know who to listen to and fear that doctors are just pill pushers but still scared enuf to believe if I don't take them the worst will happen. In my next life I am coming back as a doctor so I can learn the real science cuz I sure as hell don't know it know. Ranting old man again, Sorry

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IamGreek View Post
    Doesn't everything just start falling apart in your upper 70's?
    Split is in her lower 60s, so she wouldn't know. But before modern medicine people would live long healthy lives up to 130 years old. Now that docs are prescribing us poison, the average lifespan has gone way down

Comments

IamGreek: I didn't learn this. Is that true? I thought we had lower life expectancy before modern Medicine

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Daly: Fucking hilarious - I didn’t see this post before I added below. 100% bang on.

Load Metric
    IamGreek: I didn't learn this. Is that true? I thought we had lower life expectancy before modern Medicine
    Come on buddy, you can't sense my sarcasm?

Comments

IamGreek: I'm fucking old my senses aren't that sharp

Load Metric
    Splitthis I totally hear ya and agree but when docs tell ya diet and exercise ain't workin,its hard to know who to believe. Doesn't everything just start falling apart in your upper 70's? I mean we all die no matter what we do. We take these damn drugs and we still die. I think genetics play a huge roll and I come from hearty stock and don't want to take drugs but don't know who to listen to and fear that doctors are just pill pushers but still scared enuf to believe if I don't take them the worst will happen. In my next life I am coming back as a doctor so I can learn the real science cuz I sure as hell don't know it know. Ranting old man again, Sorry
    If you are in upper 70s chances of cancer getting you before something else is ehh. Make appt with your doc and tell him her your concerns and ask what else is recommended to replace metformin.

You gotta have some stock to be in your upper 70s and still posting here putting up with annoying gnats like spit this.

Hope board is more forgive and forget concerning the cmoney fiasco. There has been much worse than that here and is strange this gaggle of misfits is so unforgiving to you. I definitely have moved past it even with cmoney. His shoes he worked himself into got him in trouble, but was always generous to a fault here and that should not be forgotten.

Comments

IamGreek: Thank you girl!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    IamGreek is 77. He's been public about this before.

If you avoid medication suggested by your doctor at that age, you're greatly increasing the chance you're going to die.

With that said, you should do your own research and perhaps get a second opinion before getting on anything. Most medications also carry some form of risk and side effects, so you need to use your best judgment after hearing what your doctor has to say.

My parents are around your age, and they take various medications, despite overall being healthy. Once you're that age, it's likely you're going to need meds for something, especially things like blood pressure and cholesterol (though I might be lucky enough to avoid the latter).

splitthis has been long-obsessed with "lifestyle fixes everything", and I still maintain that she's only seeing half of the picture.

Load Metric
    Just to clarify per the FDA the Metformin in question are the Extended Release formulations designed for once a day dosing not the regular IR which people take 2-3 times a day and is much more widely used.

Load Metric
    I know people currently on Metformin for diabetes.

They are elderly, not overweight but the only other option is insulin.

Can you sue the pharmaceutical companies for making an inferior product that can kill you?

I believe you can only sue pharmaceutical companies if your taking an original version of the drug. If you are taking a generic version which most people do, then you cannot sue them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Just to clarify per the FDA the Metformin in question are the Extended Release formulations designed for once a day dosing not the regular IR which people take 2-3 times a day and is much more widely used.
    I've been on the ER version for years. When doc finally got back to me he put me on the regular one twice a day. Mama has been on that one for years. I think he put me on the ER because he knows I hate taking meds and figured 1 p/day would be better than twice a day.

Just wondering why the pharmacy said "this is going to be a problem" if its safe to take the other one. I get spooked easier in my later years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Metformin has been discontinued by many doctors long ago because of effects on kidneys.

I guess kidney issues weren’t enough to formally get rid of it, you needed the possibility of cancer.

If you are type 2 diabetic and overweight wake the fuck up and lose weight now to get rid of all medications or reduce as much as possible..

They all have side effects and many times worse than what they are trying to treat.

We fucking don’t live right, that is why obesity is so high and everyone is a pawn to the pharmaceutical companies pushing ‘we have a pill for that bad way of living’ while they line their pockets with gold.

100% right. That’s why the average lifespan of the average American Male has decreased from 67.5 in 1950 to 79 in 2020.

Whatever you do don’t take any prescriptions it’s killing us.
    Last edited by Daly; 06-06-2020 at 05:55 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    I've been on the ER version for years. When doc finally got back to me he put me on the regular one twice a day. Mama has been on that one for years. I think he put me on the ER because he knows I hate taking meds and figured 1 p/day would be better than twice a day.

Just wondering why the pharmacy said "this is going to be a problem" if its safe to take the other one. I get spooked easier in my later years.
    Your doctor most likely put you on the extended release version because ordinary metformin is available as a generic and super cheap, while the extended release version is much newer and likely under patent protection, which then motos to pharma cos to rewards doctors who up-perscribe their patients to their much more expensive meds, with most of the cost borne by the insurance companies (or Medicare).

Comments

IamGreek: Cogent
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    United States life expectancy has changed little in the last 20 years and lags at least 5 years behind other developed countries. I expect in another 20 after the old ones die we see the effects of poor choices in living the number will decrease.

Saying we are living longer because of drugs is not telling the whole story, some meds are needed and do outweigh the risk, but the culture now is I need a pill for just about everything. The peddling of meds on tv is disgusting.

I witnessed people who went on hospice and got rid of the 30 meds they were on improved and got off hospice. I think about the guy who had psoriasis because didn’t like the plaques on his skin and ended up with dick cancer and removal of his penis. He wasn’t that old.

The point is be careful seeking pills to cure what ails you until you have exhausted life changes and modifications via diet, exercise, natural methods. Being obese and on many meds to control the effects in your 30s and 40s will definitely not get you a ticket to 78.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information