Page 74 of 124 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2461

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    The really odd thing here is the cop and Floyd knew each other, they apparently each bounced at the same night club. I think more of this story will come out.
    Abrown has been on that from the jump.
    I keep trying to tie this together. I’m a big body language guy and those two didn’t look like they knew each other. I watched and read interview with lady who owned bar. Said Chauvin worked for her off duty for 17 years. Saw article about his wife when she was in beauty pageant, which was just two years ago and was a Mrs pageant, and her bio said she worked one of those hospital tech jobs, and then was a real estate agent until 2018, so between $100k cop salary, working off duty for 17 years, and her making probably $70k as hospital x ray tech, then whatever in real estate, I don’t think he needed to be some kingpin.

The funny part is the lady has employed Chauvin for 17 years and someone said this is Derrick and she watched video and said no it isn’t. Said she needed to watch it multiple times and zoom in to even believe it’s him, which doesn’t surprise me looking at mugshot v video.

She said the off duty cops works completely outside and the security worked inside, so I still don’t know.she said maybe they knew each other working an event. Said Chauvin always seemed afraid in general and was a badge flasher with a hot temper.

But if she employed him for 17 years and didn’t recognize him, then who knows? It’s possible they didn’t recognize each other between Floyd high and the cop just seeing some black dude. It’s apparent they aren’t friends if no one who worked with them knows if they ever met.

Found some conspiracy theory black guy on YouTube who showed a picture of what looked like a wedding party with a girl circled who the guy claimed was Chauvin’s daughter, don’t know if it’s accurate, just a group of girls dressed alike posing for picture with Floyd. Guy claimed it was about cops daughter, but picture looked like generic picture.

This guy dismissed it and said those dudes didn’t know each other, you can tell, and then launched into it being a psyops operation. I’ve been down the rabbit hole as killing a dude in broad daylight while being filmed is just so weird.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I had never seen the mugshot. When I saw the video I thought I was watching a guy a few years older than me. The mugshot looks much younger. I searched mugshot and it was a conspiracy site with both photos saying one looks 20 years younger and convinced they switched people. so I looked for another link. Made me wonder if he dyed hair a little and shaved and was trying to be inconspicuous with half the city trying to kill him, but idk if that’s even it. It’s like he got Botox in his forehead. Just strange to me

Dude just looks a decade younger. I thought he looked shit for a 44 year old guy. In mugshot he looks youthful for 44. Makes me wonder if he was living extremely hard and cleaned out for a few days.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    I agree, It doesn't even look like the same person.
    This is my alternative theory. I’m going to be interested to see when they drew cops blood. I assume right after you shoot someone they take it, but the baffling part was them waiting multiple days to arrest him while the city burned. If they didn’t draw blood immediately, I’m in the cop was on a bender of some sort himself and they gave him a few days to clean out his system. I can’t get over how rough he looked that day compared to five days later.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Abrown has been on that from the jump.
    I keep trying to tie this together. I’m a big body language guy and those two didn’t look like they knew each other. I watched and read interview with lady who owned bar. Said Chauvin worked for her off duty for 17 years. Saw article about his wife when she was in beauty pageant, which was just two years ago and was a Mrs pageant, and her bio said she worked one of those hospital tech jobs, and then was a real estate agent until 2018, so between $100k cop salary, working off duty for 17 years, and her making probably $70k as hospital x ray tech, then whatever in real estate, I don’t think he needed to be some kingpin.

The funny part is the lady has employed Chauvin for 17 years and someone said this is Derrick and she watched video and said no it isn’t. Said she needed to watch it multiple times and zoom in to even believe it’s him, which doesn’t surprise me looking at mugshot v video.

She said the off duty cops works completely outside and the security worked inside, so I still don’t know.she said maybe they knew each other working an event. Said Chauvin always seemed afraid in general and was a badge flasher with a hot temper.

But if she employed him for 17 years and didn’t recognize him, then who knows? It’s possible they didn’t recognize each other between Floyd high and the cop just seeing some black dude. It’s apparent they aren’t friends if no one who worked with them knows if they ever met.

Found some conspiracy theory black guy on YouTube who showed a picture of what looked like a wedding party with a girl circled who the guy claimed was Chauvin’s daughter, don’t know if it’s accurate, just a group of girls dressed alike posing for picture with Floyd. Guy claimed it was about cops daughter, but picture looked like generic picture.

This guy dismissed it and said those dudes didn’t know each other, you can tell, and then launched into it being a psyops operation. I’ve been down the rabbit hole as killing a dude in broad daylight while being filmed is just so weird.
    Interesting she didn’t recognize him, I hadn’t heard this. When I first saw the two pictures I thought it was two different people but I obviously didn’t know the guy and just figured the kneeling picture was deceiving.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Ahem! If Minneapolis defunds its police department, that doesn’t mean that it won’t create a new department to manage public security. Some smaller cities in the US have done that, essentially firing its entire police department and in their place hiring a private security whose members do not have the overreaching protections of the police union. Meaning, it’s sort of like how some industrial companies in the 1980s and onward went bankrupt to get out of having a strongly unionized workforce, them reorganized in some fashion to operate profitably after bankruptcy without union workers (or with a much weaker union contract).

Hell! Republicans/conservative normally LOVE union busting and privatization! They should be all for the overly-protective-to-its-members public police unions in the US being dismantled/depopulated and replacing public police departments with non-union private security companies!

Comments

Salty_Aus: Compton Police is an example.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Going to be hilarious when Biden blows his lead over this issue. Yes, Trump is going through a rough polling time now, but things can and will change on a dime. When Suburban women start putting furniture in front of their front doors out of fear, all of a sudden Trump is going to get pretty popular again. I don't think there is one woman living in a house valued over $200K wants to defund the police. Also the stock market just regained about everything it lost, don't discount that.
    This will hurt Trump more than it hurts Biden. Chaos always hurts the incumbent.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Ahem! If Minneapolis defunds its police department, that doesn’t mean that it won’t create a new department to manage public security. Some smaller cities in the US have done that, essentially firing its entire police department and in their place hiring a private security whose members do not have the overreaching protections of the police union. Meaning, it’s sort of like how some industrial companies in the 1980s and onward went bankrupt to get out of having a strongly unionized workforce, them reorganized in some fashion to operate profitably after bankruptcy without union workers (or with a much weaker union contract).

Hell! Republicans/conservative normally LOVE union busting and privatization! They should be all for the overly-protective-to-its-members public police unions in the US being dismantled/depopulated and replacing public police departments with non-union private security companies!
    I was waiting for a Mumbles type to post something like this...

... and sure enough, we got it from Mumbles himself! Yay!

I assume you're referring to something like Camden, NJ -- one of the most dangerous cities in the US -- which fired its entire police department in 2013. Here's an article on a woke lefitst website about what happened: https://marginalrevolution.com/margi...ng-camden.html

Here's part of it, describing the situation back then:

Camden’s old city-run police force abused its power and abrogated its duties. It took Camden cops one hour on average to respond to 911 calls, or more than six times the national average. They didn’t show up for work 30 percent of the time, and an inordinate number of Camden police were working desk jobs. A union contract required the city to entice officers with extra pay to get them to accept crime-fighting shifts outside regular business hours. Last year, the city paid $3.5 million in damages to 88 citizens who saw their convictions overturned because of planted evidence, fabricated reports, and other forms of police misconduct.

In 2012, the murder rate in Camden was about five times that of neighboring Philadelphia—and about 18 times the murder rate in New York City.
    The point of the article was to assure everyone that Minneapolis defunding the police has been done before in Camden, and that had a happy ending.

That's enough for woke leftists to share the article all over social media, so they can own those ignorant conservatives who are mocking the idea of "defund the police".

But wait! Read that story again. Turns out that the Camden police department wasn't fired because they were racist, awful, and brutal. Instead, it was the opposite. They were incompetent, lazy, expensive, and overly bureaucratic. Most of them worked desk jobs instead of the streets -- presumably because the Camden streets were so dangerous!

So yes, I totally support what Camden did. They took an incompetent, ineffective police force which wasn't policing, and replaced them with a county police department which actually did police work!

This situation is entirely different. The Minneapolis police aren't accused of being incompetent, lazy, or overly bureaucratic -- they're accused of being too racist and too abusive.

What's the difference? Camden wanted more policing, Minneapolis wants much less. Camden simply needed a police force which did its job. Nobody could argue with taking action to force that to happen. Minneapolis wants some hippy police force which doesn't really police or arrest people, but instead works with the community to convince everyone to be nice. They want to completely redefine policing. They're not just trying to replace Minneapolis PD with a more efficient force.

Apples and oranges here, and the comparisons I keep seeing like this are super-dishonest.

Load Metric

I assume you're referring to something like Camden, NJ -- one of the most dangerous cities in the US -- which fired its entire police department in 2013. Here's an article on a woke lefitst website about what happened: https://marginalrevolution.com/margi...ng-camden.html

Camden’s old city-run police force abused its power and abrogated its duties. It took Camden cops one hour on average to respond to 911 calls, or more than six times the national average. They didn’t show up for work 30 percent of the time, and an inordinate number of Camden police were working desk jobs. A union contract required the city to entice officers with extra pay to get them to accept crime-fighting shifts outside regular business hours. Last year, the city paid $3.5 million in damages to 88 citizens who saw their convictions overturned because of planted evidence, fabricated reports, and other forms of police misconduct.

In 2012, the murder rate in Camden was about five times that of neighboring Philadelphia—and about 18 times the murder rate in New York City.
    The point of the article was to assure everyone that Minneapolis defunding the police has been done before in Camden, and that had a happy ending.

That's enough for woke leftists to share the article all over social media, so they can own those ignorant conservatives who are mocking the idea of "defund the police".

But wait! Read that story again. Turns out that the Camden police department wasn't fired because they were racist, awful, and brutal. Instead, it was the opposite. They were incompetent, lazy, expensive, and overly bureaucratic. Most of them worked desk jobs instead of the streets -- presumably because the Camden streets were so dangerous!

So yes, I totally support what Camden did. They took an incompetent, ineffective police force which wasn't policing, and replaced them with a county police department which actually did police work!

This situation is entirely different. The Minneapolis police aren't accused of being incompetent, lazy, or overly bureaucratic -- they're accused of being too brtual, too militarized, and too abusive.

What's the difference? Camden wanted more policing, Minneapolis wants much less. Camden simply needed a police force which did its job. Nobody could argue with taking action to force that to happen. Minneapolis wants some hippy police force which doesn't really police or arrest people, but instead works with the community to convince everyone to be nice. They want to completely redefine policing. They're not just trying to replace Minneapolis PD with a more efficient force.

Apples and oranges here, and the comparisons I keep seeing like this are super-dishonest.
    The net effect would be every last white person left, any black people who wants to live in peace, and every business interest and bank would leave and would move elsewhere to an area with police and they’d leave the hood to police itself and maybe they’d be happier that way. They seem to have no problem when their own community kills a few hundred of their own for every one a cop may kill. Honestly, if they’re willing to sacrifice hundreds of their own to avoid the occasional murder, let them have their shot.

No business or institution could stay unless policed by private contractors like a blackwater group.

That’s what actually defunding the police in a major way without weapons would look like. No cop would even stay. Simply move elsewhere where they will be welcomed .

Load Metric

This situation is entirely different. The Minneapolis police aren't accused of being incompetent, lazy, or overly bureaucratic -- they're accused of being too brtual, too militarized, and too abusive.

What's the difference? The solution is the difference. Camden simply needed a police force which did its job. Nobody could argue with taking action to force that to happen. Minneapolis wants some hippy police force which doesn't really police or arrest people, but instead works with the community to convince everyone to be nice. They want to completely redefine policing. They're not just trying to replace Minneapolis PD with a more efficient force.

The issue is that the current police departments in most cities in the US are entrenched and effectively resistant to any material change because of the power of the police unions AND how difficult it is to change the culture of workforce when it’s union is too strong. That was the same problem that major companies in the US had during the 1970s and 1980s, and which Republicans campaigned on, successfully I might add, that conservatives like Druff have all slobberingly supported for decades.

So, what must a city government do to effect meaningful change in the culture and behavior of its police force when faced with a powerful entrenched union-protected police force? Do what those major US companies in the 80’s and beyond did: Legally dismantle the organization in order to fire *everyone* and build a new organization from the ground up using a completely new set of hiring and employment guidelines, as well as operating policies, and a completely new union contract if one a union workforce is called for. Which is exactly what Camden did.

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-09-2020 at 02:50 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles why are you trying to argue with me about Camden? We agree about that. That was the right move.

If Minneapolis said they were going to replace their police force with another one, which would still be policing but be more efficient or better at firing problem officers, I'd be all for it.

That's not what they've initially claimed they plan to do. They want to completely tear down the concept of policing, and replace it with some sort of touchy-feely community outreach bullshit.

That's why everyone is laughing at them for being completely out of touch. Hell, listen to that city councilwoman on the CNN video I posted. She pretty much acknowledged that you're not going to have real police anymore, and that it's your white privilege showing if you think it's reasonable to expect to have that.

Load Metric

So are we just talking about a re-branding, or bringing in private contractors, or a little bit of both? Maybe they can hire Blackwater or one of the companies that run private prisons? That's gone very well in the past.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Isn't Camden still a shit hole? How did that help?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Just imagine if the folks here were of the opposite hue.

Comments

big dick: racist

Load Metric
    trump just called the 74 year old that the buffalo police knocked over then ignored while blood poured out of his ear an antifa provocateur.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    trump just called the 74 year old that the buffalo police knocked over then ignored while blood poured out of his ear an antifa provocateur.
    cool story, I'm sure it checks out

Diamond
    Load Metric

He is a well known protester and was asked to go home/away several times. Antifa no, agitator maybe.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

He is a well known protester and was asked to go home/away several times. Antifa no, agitator maybe.
    Wrong, he was a deep state Antifa agent.

Load Metric
    He's really going to die on this hill

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    He's really going to die on this hill
    cool bro

Platinum
    Load Metric

The net effect would be every last white person left, any black people who wants to live in peace, and every business interest and bank would leave and would move elsewhere to an area with police and they’d leave the hood to police itself and maybe they’d be happier that way. They seem to have no problem when their own community kills a few hundred of their own for every one a cop may kill. Honestly, if they’re willing to sacrifice hundreds of their own to avoid the occasional murder, let them have their shot.

No business or institution could stay unless policed by private contractors like a blackwater group.

That’s what actually defunding the police in a major way without weapons would look like. No cop would even stay. Simply move elsewhere where they will be welcomed .
    Seems like this is already happening, especially in California. People and businesses are feed up with how things are run so the ones that have the means to leave do. Pretty much every summer for the last ten years my wife and I have talked about moving, if they got rid of the police we would pull the string for sure.

Thread Information