Page 96 of 124 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2461

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Murder is up in other Democratic-run cities, yes. But the spike is worse in some cities than others. This coincides with the cashless bail system in NY (which has one of the worst spikes in shootings), as well as the COVID-19-related release of violent criminals in all of these places.

So gimmick, if you were thousands of times more likely to die from a violent criminal in your community murdering you than the police murdering you, which problem would you say should be a priority to take care of?

Somehow Democrats believe that racist police are the primary source of murder and unjustified assault against black people, yet that accounts for less than 0.1% of all such violent crime against black people.

Nobody wants to talk about the horrible murder rate in mostly-black neighborhoods, committed by career criminals with an existing long violent history -- guys who should have been locked away a long time ago.

Democrats call it "mass incarceration" to imprison any more than a proportionate population percentage of black people (regardless of how much crime they actually commit), so they will absolutely never advocate longer sentences for these criminals.

The key to saving thousands of black lives per year lies in putting away violent criminals for longer, but the left won't do that. The left doesn't want any reform which punishes anyone besides Conservative Whitey.
    Before covid murders were down in NY. Should we attribute that to reform? They were at the end of June down 20% from 10 years ago and almost 80% from 27 years ago. Should we also attribute that to reform?
    Oh look everyone, gimmick is using the old leftist trick of comparing numbers to "10 years ago" and "27 years ago", in order to avoid dealing with spikes in crimes due to dumb policy.

The US had a long-term crime reduction across the board between 1992 and 2013. I've posted about this many times. While the exact reason for this obviously can't be proven, it was largely attributed to tougher sentencing for violent criminals and a bigger police presence in troubled areas.

Then 2014 happened. Ferguson. Policing was changed. They became afraid to do their jobs. People in bad neighborhoods no longer worried about (nor respected) the police, because they no longer had to. This is known as "The Ferguson Effect", and it caused an instant spike in crime which continued ever since, especially in major cities run by Democrats.

Now these policies have been compounded by the idiotic release of violent criminals due to COVID concerns (even young and healthy ones), along with the moronic cashless bail systems.

Also, where are you getting the data of crime being down in NY before COVID? Everything I have read indicates a rise in crime ever since the cashless bail system was put into place in November 2019. Yes, COVID worsened the situation, but mainly because of the release of violent criminals -- again, an idea from the left.

How about just admitting that your side sucks balls at crime and punishment?

Why is it always the cities under decades of Democratic rule the ones with the worst crime issues? Just a coincidence? Trump's fault somehow?

Load Metric

Before covid murders were down in NY. Should we attribute that to reform? They were at the end of June down 20% from 10 years ago and almost 80% from 27 years ago. Should we also attribute that to reform?
    Oh look everyone, gimmick is using the old leftist trick of comparing numbers to "10 years ago" and "27 years ago", in order to avoid dealing with spikes in crimes due to dumb policy.

The US had a long-term crime reduction across the board between 1992 and 2013. I've posted about this many times. While the exact reason for this obviously can't be proven, it was largely attributed to tougher sentencing for violent criminals and a bigger police presence in troubled areas.

Then 2014 happened. Ferguson. Policing was changed. They became afraid to do their jobs. People in bad neighborhoods no longer worried about (nor respected) the police, because they no longer had to. This is known as "The Ferguson Effect", and it caused an instant spike in crime which continued ever since, especially in major cities run by Democrats.

Now these policies have been compounded by the idiotic release of violent criminals due to COVID concerns (even young and healthy ones), along with the moronic cashless bail systems.

Also, where are you getting the data of crime being down in NY before COVID? Everything I have read indicates a rise in crime ever since the cashless bail system was put into place in November 2019. Yes, COVID worsened the situation, but mainly because of the release of violent criminals -- again, an idea from the left.

Why is it always the cities under decades of Democratic rule the ones with the worst crime issues? Just a coincidence? Trump's fault somehow?
    At the start of the year crime was up, but murders were down.

2018 NY had lowest murders since the 40s. Is this the Ferguson effect you speak of? Or was it 2015, when they had less murders than year before?

There's a seasonal correlation to murder. And people being strapped for cash while strapped might have something do with it as well.

Mass incarceration started well before 94 in NY, that was the first year there was a significant dip in murder numbers. Like it started decades before. From 70 to mid 90s crime kept going up just as the number of prisoners.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

2018 NY had lowest murders since the 40s. Is this the Ferguson effect you speak of? Or was it 2015, when they had less murders than year before?

There's a seasonal correlation to murder. And people being strapped for cash while strapped might have something do with it as well.

Mass incarceration started well before 94 in NY, that was the first year there was a significant dip in murder numbers. Like it started decades before. From 70 to mid 90s crime kept going up just as the number of prisoners.
    Not just crime was up at the beginning of the year, but violent crime (and shootings, I believe). Just because fewer people died doesn't really matter for the purposes of that discussion.

How are you talking about seasonal elements when they're comparing year-by-year?

What started in the '90s was the aggressive, community-based policing and the heavy police presence where it was deemed necessary. This is what cleaned up Times Square. Tell me, would you rather have visited Times Square in 1990, or in 1996? The safe, glittery tourist trap you see today (well, at least until COVID) is a result of right-wing policing tactics. The left wanted to keep putting social workers out there to see if maybe we could talk the criminals into acting nicer.

You can try to deny the Ferguson Effect, but it's pretty well established by this point. Even one of its biggest detractors -- a researcher who had written a widely-cited paper debunking the theory -- came to admit about 2 years later that he was starting to come around to believing it was correct all along.

It is amazing seeing leftists weave and dodge and obfuscate, simply to avoid admitting the simple and obvious fact that more policing and longer sentences for violent criminals equals less violent crime. Not a very tough or complex concept, to be honest. However, the left has become very good at taking the clear and obvious, and turning it into a convoluted theory which always points to some group being victimized.

Comments

splitthis: Obfuscate

Load Metric
    Oh yea i forgot, how crime ridden is that neighborhood you live in. Is it like daily shootings. Weekly. Monthly. I mean it can't be less than one a year. You wouldn't otherwise mention how cozy i'm living. We shall avoid mentioning 10 years or 27 years, for them being leftist tricks.

You wouldn't happen to have filmed your only visit to low income housing area? I was born in one. Generally i think it's retarded to mention that likelihood of being or knowing a victim of violence qualifies for anything. And i wouldn't bring that up, and i didn't. But i am on any given day far more likely to know the victim and the perpetrator. Do i get a medal?

Comments

big dick: .

Load Metric

Not just crime was up at the beginning of the year, but violent crime (and shootings, I believe). Just because fewer people died doesn't really matter for the purposes of that discussion.

How are you talking about seasonal elements when they're comparing year-by-year?

What started in the '90s was the aggressive, community-based policing and the heavy police presence where it was deemed necessary. This is what cleaned up Times Square. Tell me, would you rather have visited Times Square in 1990, or in 1996? The safe, glittery tourist trap you see today (well, at least until COVID) is a result of right-wing policing tactics. The left wanted to keep putting social workers out there to see if maybe we could talk the criminals into acting nicer.

You can try to deny the Ferguson Effect, but it's pretty well established by this point. Even one of its biggest detractors -- a researcher who had written a widely-cited paper debunking the theory -- came to admit about 2 years later that he was starting to come around to believing it was correct all along.

It is amazing seeing leftists weave and dodge and obfuscate, simply to avoid admitting the simple and obvious fact that more policing and longer sentences for violent criminals equals less violent crime. Not a very tough or complex concept, to be honest. However, the left has become very good at taking the clear and obvious, and turning it into a convoluted theory which always points to some group being victimized.
    So murders are not relevant when speaking about violence? Yea that's not retarded at all.

Crime also went down in cities where there wasn't aggressive policing.

Why are we speaking about Ferguson effect when overall and violent crime kept going down in NY from 2014-2018? Did it take 4 years to take effect?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Got ‘im!

Load Metric
    lol I love it when gimmick gets cornholed, especially by Druff. Constantly contradicting himself, never making an actual point.

Load Metric
    Of course it's easy for gimmick to sit there in his low-crime northern European country and act cavalier about the violent crime issue in the US, because it has zero effect on him and his country.

When you get to sit in your flat 3,500 miles away from the US, of course it's easy to just take the wokest position and not worry about the real-world consequences.
    Yea that must be it. I didn't realize you were fighting in the trenches. All this time i'm thinking you're about as far from any violence as i am. Incidentally what is the murder rate where you live now?

Oh and my wokest opinion today was that murder is up in most large cities in America. Most of them are democrat led, but it's also up in few of those places that were dumb enough to vote a republican to almost any office.
    I take it back, Druff he got you there, you do live in a faggy upperclass neighborhood I'm sure

Load Metric
    Now you can't even defend yourself in America if you're white, this is getting very dangerous.

Warrant Served On St. Louis Couple Who Defended Private Property, Rifle Confiscated, Report Says https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...d-report-says/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Now you can't even defend yourself in America if you're white, this is getting very dangerous.

Warrant Served On St. Louis Couple Who Defended Private Property, Rifle Confiscated, Report Says https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...d-report-says/
    Anyone they came in contact with are laughing their asses off.

Mark McCloskey sued a former employer for wrongful termination and his sister, father and his father’s caretaker for defamation.

The McCloskeys and the trustees of Portland Place, the tony private street in a St. Louis historic district where they live, have been involved in a three-year legal dispute over a small piece of land in the neighborhood. The McCloskeys claim they own it, but the trustees say it belongs to the neighborhood.

Mark McCloskey said in an affidavit that he has defended the patch previously by pointing a gun at a neighbor who tried to cut through it.

In March 2013, in Phelps County, Mark McCloskey sued his father and his father’s trust over the gift. The birthday card and earth, he claimed, were sufficient title because they met the legal definition of “livery of seisin,” a ceremony performed in medieval England for the conveyance of land.

In 2016, a special judge ruled against him, writing that “Exhibit 1 attached to the petition is a birthday card, not a deed” and that it was too late to claim ownership of part of the farm. The archaic legal claim, the judge ruled “does not operate as a matter of law to transfer title to real property.”

Mark McCloskey filed a defamation case against his father and sister in 2011, dismissed it in 2012, and refiled it in 2013. By the time of the final filing, Bruce McCloskey was living in a memory care unit in Ballwin; he died in 2014.

In 2013, he destroyed bee hives placed just outside of the mansion’s northern wall by the neighboring Jewish Central Reform Congregation and left a note saying he did it, and if the mess wasn’t cleaned up quickly he would seek a restraining order and attorneys fees. The congregation had planned to harvest the honey and pick apples from trees on its property for Rosh Hashanah.

“The children were crying in school,” Rabbi Susan Talve said. “It was part of our curriculum.”
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...0225dd287.html
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 07-12-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Black leaders in NY are now calling for the restoration of the force-disbanded NYPD Anti-Crime unit, after the recent spike in shootings: https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07...-tony-herbert/

“I think that a total elimination is something we need to reevaluate,” said Adams. “Right now, bad guys are saying if you don’t see a blue and white you can do whatever you want.”
    Well, shit.

Are you actually telling me that a known lack of police presence causes violent criminals to be emboldened? I'm glad we are all just figuring that out for the first time.

Too bad nobody in prior generations ever figured this out, and we are slowly learning law enforcement tactics by trial and error. Defund the police, though!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    That article cites 2 black leaders calling for a return of the plain clothes cops, one of them a retired cop; so I am not sure the moment is all that strong.

Besides, AOC has assured us the extra crime is just starving people looking for bread, so no big deal.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    That article cites 2 black leaders calling for a return of the plain clothes cops, one of them a retired cop; so I am not sure the moment is all that strong.

Besides, AOC has assured us the extra crime is just starving people looking for bread, so no big deal.
    I actually couldn't get through the AOC video. Not even to hate watch.

I seriously don't get the appeal. When she speaks, she comes off like a really naive and somewhat dense young woman you'd meet at a bar, and rambles off a bunch of really stupid statements which she thinks are correct.

I've seen many Democratic politicians speak, and at least they come off as intelligent and knowledgeable, even if I disagree with them. Hillary Clinton was a good example of this. AOC just comes off as a moron.

Anyway, it's just mind-boggling to me that there's a serious movement right now to reduce policing, replace it with social work, and somehow that's going to lower crime rates. How many people proposing this has actually talked with violent criminals and learned what makes them tick? Do they not realize that the "social work" law enforcement plan was already tried from the '60s through early '90s, and it failed miserably?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This is what happens when you enable the fringe. The left refuses to check the crazies of their party so the crazies are gonna crazy.

I promise you the law abiding black citizens that live in bad neighborhoods sure the hell don't want to get rid of the police. Fuck them though I guess. Chalk this up to another bad liberal idea that is designed to help black people which actually hurts them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

I seriously don't get the appeal. When she speaks, she comes off like a really naive and somewhat dense young woman you'd meet at a bar, and rambles off a bunch of really stupid statements which she thinks are correct.

I've seen many Democratic politicians speak, and at least they come off as intelligent and knowledgeable, even if I disagree with them. Hillary Clinton was a good example of this. AOC just comes off as a moron.

Anyway, it's just mind-boggling to me that there's a serious movement right now to reduce policing, replace it with social work, and somehow that's going to lower crime rates. How many people proposing this has actually talked with violent criminals and learned what makes them tick? Do they not realize that the "social work" law enforcement plan was already tried from the '60s through early '90s, and it failed miserably?
    And yet you support trump...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

I see Trump for what he is.

Ask a leftist what they think of AOC, and you won't get anything like, "She's not very intelligent, but..."

Instead you will get a speech about how wonderful she is, and that any criticism of her is from bigots on the right who can't stand a strong woman of color in power.

Load Metric

I see Trump for what he is.
    Just one of those times when ethics loses out to ideology. Happens.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Both ethics AND competence.

Load Metric

Ask a leftist what they think of AOC, and you won't get anything like, "She's not very intelligent, but..."
    They named an asteroid after her when she was in high school...

https://www.businessinsider.com/alex...18-6?r=US&IR=T

...she's that stupid. One of those double major dummies. I'm sure misogyny has nothing to with your assessment of her intelligence.

Load Metric

They named an asteroid after her when she was in high school...

https://www.businessinsider.com/alex...18-6?r=US&IR=T

...she's that stupid. One of those double major dummies. I'm sure misogyny has nothing to with your assessment of her intelligence.
    Before AOC luckboxed herself into the primary, she was a fucking bartender in a roaring economy after spending six years gaining an International Relations degree, which is on par with a History degree.

You are not smart. But we have known that for a long time. Dummy.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you're a fucking idiot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: The police makes many of those situations far worse these days given their lack of training nor career focus in de-escalation.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Black leaders in NY are now calling for the restoration of the force-disbanded NYPD Anti-Crime unit, after the recent spike in shootings: https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07...-tony-herbert/

“I think that a total elimination is something we need to reevaluate,” said Adams. “Right now, bad guys are saying if you don’t see a blue and white you can do whatever you want.”
    Well, shit.

Are you actually telling me that a known lack of police presence causes violent criminals to be emboldened? I'm glad we are all just figuring that out for the first time.

Too bad nobody in prior generations ever figured this out, and we are slowly learning law enforcement tactics by trial and error. Defund the police, though!
    really surprised police offers haven't gone on strike yet. they really need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information