Thread: Did a Betonline low stakes poker player get screwed out of a $52k bad beat jackpot because he got disconnected?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Did a Betonline low stakes poker player get screwed out of a $52k bad beat jackpot because he got disconnected?

This player created a 2+2 thread about the matter yesterday: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...hread-1770490/

However, it was pointed out that Betonline hasn't yet denied him the jackpot -- only that he thinks that's likely to occur.

I actually think they probably will deny it, citing some lame terms of service where the player has to be not folded, and that the disconnection folded him.

Really brutal if he doesn't get it. Might be the worst online disconnect in poker history.

If you look at the top of the screen, you'll see that the bad beat jackpot was $349k or so.

Here are the BBJ rules: https://promotions.betonline.ag/bad-beat-jackpot

20% player with Bad Beat
    15% winner of the hand
    12.5% players at the table
    12.5% players at other BBJ tables
    35% reseed
    5% fee

In this case, he would have gotten 15% (about $52,500), the guy with quads would have gotten 20% (almost $70k), the other 4 players at the table would have shared 12.5% (meaning 3.125% each -- a little over $10.5k), about $43k would have been shared among the other BBJ tables, and the remainder of the jackpot would have been reseeded and taken as fees.

So he wasn't even the one most screwed here!

They've locked the 2+2 thread at his request, which I think is stupid, because the thread being open puts more pressure on Betonline to do the right thing!

Developing....

Load Metric
    Betonline is in my mind this worst there is. When I was in Costa Rica they had already moved to Panama but it was well known that they were successful because they simply owned the domain Betonline. They are known to payout crumbs and have ridiculous policies such as a thirty day waiting period for cash-outs if you deposit by any method that can possibly be charged back. Unless he was having a lot of problems with his connection prior I can smell the bullshit from here from these assholes. I honestly don’t know why anyone does business with them and hopefully if they don’t do he right thing here and do what they hate the most (to payout) great domain name or not no one should give this company business.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The client DC's all the time, esp when multi-tabling
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was in contact with the guy and he said that Betonline was refusing, and telling him that he was disconnected. Looked pretty bad.

Chicago Joey to the rescue!

https://twitter.com/Joeingram1/status/1266132181845307393

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dear Player,

On Friday, May 22nd, at 10:44pm ET, another player was disconnected from a hand that would have triggered the Bad Beat Jackpot. After an in-depth review, it has been determined that the connection was dropped on the player's end and that our software performed correctly, as expected and per the stated terms and conditions of the promotion.

However, given the extraordinarily rare circumstances of this happening while having a qualifying Bad Beat Jackpot winning hand, we have decided to credit the equivalent of the jackpot cash to all qualifying players at the Bad Beat Jackpot tables, as if it would have been triggered at the time of the hand.

The Bad Beat Jackpot was at $349,046.26 at the time of the hand. We will pay out the prize pool to all qualifying players as an extraordinary exception and let the current Bad Beat Jackpot continue to grow as if it had not been triggered at all. The following players have been credited as follows:

· BBJ Winner: shkarina ($69,809.25)

· Winner of the hand: Devowned ($52,356.94)

· Players sitting at the table: emperorK, shara02, hiphoppanda ($14,543.59 each)

Please note that this will reflect in your main BetOnline account, not your poker balance. If you wish to play poker with these funds, you will need to transfer it to your poker balance from the poker cashier.

All other qualified players that were playing at other Bad Beat Jackpot tables will be credited in the next 12-24 hours.

We hope that you are pleased with our decision. We appreciate you making the smart choice to play at BetOnline. We stand behind our commitment to you and the other players in our community to always do our best to ensure a fair and secure environment.

BetOnline has earned an outstanding reputation over the past 20+ years that we’ve been in business. We hope this further proves our track record as being dedicated to putting fairness and our players’ best interests first.

Enjoy your winnings!

The BetOnline Poker Team

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Betonline is in my mind this worst there is. When I was in Costa Rica they had already moved to Panama but it was well known that they were successful because they simply owned the domain Betonline. They are known to payout crumbs and have ridiculous policies such as a thirty day waiting period for cash-outs if you deposit by any method that can possibly be charged back. Unless he was having a lot of problems with his connection prior I can smell the bullshit from here from these assholes. I honestly don’t know why anyone does business with them and hopefully if they don’t do he right thing here and do what they hate the most (to payout) great domain name or not no one should give this company business.
    I respect the hate. Fuck me once and I actually derive a peculiar enjoyment from hating and fucking with a company for the rest of my days. Bodog made it to that list 15 years ago and they are still dead to me. Forgiveness is not nearly as much fun.

Betonline was tested here and I was ready. They did the right thing. The smart thing. BOL has always treated me flawlessly.

Information is more important than light regulation.

Thread Information