Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coronavirus and Sports

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Am I the only one who just watched an entire Korean baseball league game?
    Nope!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On Wednesday, the Bundesliga league announced it will restart games as soon as May 15th or 22nd. The plan is to complete the season by June 30th before player contracts expire.

Matches will be played in empty stadiums. Germany has banned mass gathering until at least August 31st.
    https://www.highpresssoccer.com/its-...estart-in-may/
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Sign of sports famine when I’m getting ESPN news alert to watch 3 hour special on the release of the NFL schedule. I might watch fly fishing or nascar at this point, but I’ll have to pass on 3 hours of Pit @Cle.

That should be a 3 minute show.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    CFL commissioner says canceling season likely

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...-season-likely

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    I am being 100% serious. We need to cancel sports until 2022 and form a committee on when they should be activated again. For the foreseeable future all sports need to be cancelled.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The recent arrest of Washington receiver Cody Latimer, via Mike Klis of 9news.com, arose from a private poker game gone bad. Klis reports that Latimer had joined a poker game at a friend’s apartment, along with seven or eight others.

The friend, Roderick English, kicked everyone out after Latimer and another man got into a fight. Roughly 30 minutes later, Latimer returned, removed a gun from his pocket, and said that he had saved two bullets for English and his girlfriend. At one point, Latimer allegedly fired two shots in close proximity to English.

English, per the report, then pinned Latimer against a wall. Latimer hit English on the top of the head with the gun.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...game-gone-bad/

Load Metric
    Maybe the dealer was a student of Houston Curtis. I’d probably pick an easier mark than NFL players though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Triple Crown is now set: Belmont in June, Derby in September, Preakness in October.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At least we get the fun golf charity event on Saturday with Tiger/Manning vs. Mickelson/Brady which even for someone like myself who don't follow golf that much will be interested in watching

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The NHL announced Tuesday it will abandon the rest of the regular season and go straight into the playoffs with 24 teams instead of 16, if it is able to resume play.

Hub cities under consideration: Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Vancouver, Vegas.

Each team will be limited to 50 personnel in the Hub city when those cities are chosen.

The formal training camp will start no earlier than July 1. The exact date will be determined by medical guidance.

Load Metric
    University of Houston just canceled football workouts due to 5 players testing positive for the corona. I can't envision any scenario where football is going to be played this year. They really should just cancel the season now and gear up for 2021 after the vaccine is deployed. 2020 is a loss on just about every level, just write it off and look to next year on all fronts. The FED chairman said the economy will not get back to normal until 2023 so that should tell you something.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Have another drink!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    University of Houston just canceled football workouts due to 5 players testing positive for the corona. I can't envision any scenario where football is going to be played this year. They really should just cancel the season now and gear up for 2021 after the vaccine is deployed. 2020 is a loss on just about every level, just write it off and look to next year on all fronts. The FED chairman said the economy will not get back to normal until 2023 so that should tell you something.
    It should tell you something too, but it's right in front of your face and you don't see it because your face is in a shit-clogged toilet.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    MLB season will probably be cancelled for this year.
    Definitely, cancelled.

Too bad they can't cancel the players contracts too.

At this moment, MLB is not planning on sending another proposal to the union after the players rejected the league’s last bid that could have netted the players as much as 83 percent of their prorated salaries if a postseason was concluded.

Load Metric
    Fuck baseball, we got Nathan's!

"Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest will be held July 4 in Coney Island without a crowd due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The event is traditionally held on Surf and Stillwell Avenues in Brooklyn, N.Y., but will be held at a private location for 2020."

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/202...20-coronavirus

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

"Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest will be held July 4 in Coney Island without a crowd due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The event is traditionally held on Surf and Stillwell Avenues in Brooklyn, N.Y., but will be held at a private location for 2020."

True story, like 7 years ago I entered a hot dog eating contest, cost me $25 to enter the pool. I got through 4 dogs. Winner made it in the 30s. You really don't realize how much the bread kicks the shit out of you.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Yeah....ok

Load Metric
    True story, like 7 years ago I entered a hot dog eating contest, cost me $25 to enter the pool. I got through 4 dogs. Winner made it in the 30s. You really don't realize how much the bread kicks the shit out of you.
    Did you dunk the bread in water? For whatever reason, that's the part of the whole deal I find the most disgusting.

Load Metric
    Did you dunk the bread in water? For whatever reason, that's the part of the whole deal I find the most disgusting.
    This was before the 50 dog guys. Like I said I got through 4 dogs and literally faded. I could have worked 2 or 3 more down I guess, but 50+ I don't even understand how that would be possible. Even after 4 dogs I felt awful the rest of the day. Imagine say 35, could not imagine it.

Load Metric

Hopefully you made your entry fee back by unclogging the toilets afterwards.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Tennis: #1 Novak has it and a bunch of others

Golf- Koepka and McDowell both forced to pull out since caddies are positive.

Wonder how that will work with team sports.

Thread Information