Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes we will see once the coronavirus passes

Load Metric
    He also said sustained contact was defined as 15 minutes or more. Curious how long that flight was and how many people were on it. If it was a typical flight of 150+ passengers and 3 hours or more only 12 getting it seems like a good outcome. If it was airborne and somewhat easily transmissible I would think a lot larger numbers would get it on a typical flight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    He also said sustained contact was defined as 15 minutes or more. Curious how long that flight was and how many people were on it. If it was a typical flight of 150+ passengers and 3 hours or more only 12 getting it seems like a good outcome. If it was airborne and somewhat easily transmissible I would think a lot larger numbers would get it on a typical flight.
    I saw a flight of young people in Texas spread it to 44 out of 70 on a 90 minute flight. It was chartered and it’s young people who knew each other, but I think this thing is spreading through more than sustained contact.

The flight I was talking about was some Vietnamese chick flying back to Vietnam from Europe. She gave it to 12 people, including an older couple who infected 57 people the next few days.

Load Metric
    We will know when this zombie apocalypse is over when you can look in a grocery store and see that toilet paper is in stock.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Gotta wonder how hard things like entertainment-like events are going to suffer.

Even when things level out, how enthusiastic will people be to attend things like sporting events or concerts around 20k+ others indoors?

Especially if we get hit with multiple waves or if studies emerge about levels of susceptibility for various demographics.

Am I going to comfortable going to Blazers games whenever the season resumes? Not sure, but guarantee it will be part of the calculus.
    Like BCR, I don't think these will be allowed to resume until a vaccine comes.

I think sports will return mid-year when testing (both regular and antibody) are more available. They will routinely test all athletes and anyone else in the stadium, and play in front of no crowd.

That will be the state of sports until a vaccine becomes available. Events/concerts will basically cease to exist for awhile.

Load Metric
    Nothing will really change. Covid will go away, or we get a vaccine...whatever. People are hesitant at first to do things in crowds, but that goes away quickly as well.

People will bitch about tax money going to an unseen future danger, so gradually any of that will drop back down to pre-Covid levels. Then the next one will hit....sometime....and we rinse and repeat.

Load Metric
    many republicans will start voting democrat is 1 change I see happening. Even the dip shits will know better once they see a half a million or so dead people

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    many republicans will start voting democrat is 1 change I see happening. Even the dip shits will know better once they see a half a million or so dead people
    I don't know about that. Trump's approval rating over how he's handling this was 60%, last I saw

People will only switch parties if they blame Trump for some of the deaths. Many people, right or wrong, will chalk the deaths up to just something really bad which we couldn't stop from happening.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Dream on

Load Metric
    No offense pal. But you are a stay at home Dad. Your wife is out there taking all the risk. I have no idea how you can live with yourself. There is a word I can articulate to you and its called pansy.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: punk

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    We will know when this zombie apocalypse is over when you can look in a grocery store and see that toilet paper is in stock.

Had 7 pallets of the stuff at my local Walmart last week. Should have taken a picture. No one was grabbing it (maybe cuz a little bit away from the paper toiletries aisle, who knows). Pulp and paper produced nearby though...just glad that the zombie apocolypse is done for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't know about that. Trump's approval rating over how he's handling this was 60%, last I saw

People will only switch parties if they blame Trump for some of the deaths. Many people, right or wrong, will chalk the deaths up to just something really bad which we couldn't stop from happening.
    Wrong

I am that Republican bigdick describes. Trump is just painfully embarrassing to witness in real time. Every word has been caught on video and ridiculed. It’s cringeworthy. Its fucking painful and I am ashamed.

Unlike you, I can admit to being wrong.

I am also done with your stupid take “Democrats wouldn’t have done better”. Perhaps so. I would criticize them too. Indeed, both parties are dreadful. However, it doesn’t justify Trumps ineptness and intellectual stupidity.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Wrong

I am that Republican bigdick describes. Trump is just painfully embarrassing to witness in real time. Every word has been caught on video and ridiculed. It’s cringeworthy. Its fucking painful and I am ashamed.

I am also done with your stupid take “Democrats wouldn’t have done better”. Perhaps so. I would criticize them too. Indeed, both parties are dreadful. However, it doesn’t justify Trumps ineptness and intellectual stupidity.
    Said it better than I ever could. Keep learning him.

who will admit to being wrong about something 1st trump or druff?

Load Metric

60? LOL are you fucking serious right now ? should be 90

Load Metric
    People will be saying things like "as bad as it was, there was something nice about being able to be together at home with fewer distractions." Women will want sports to be cancelled all the time.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Wrong

First off, you blew a golden opportunity to use the Trump "WRONG" gif.

Second, I've seen many thousand posts from you over a period of years, and I can say with confidence that you're not a Republican, even if you think you are and remain registered as one.

I would best describe you as a center-left libertarian. I haven't seen any conservative-leaning takes from you, aside from an affinity for the free market.

If I'm wrong on this, then you're presenting a very different image on the forum than you are in reality.

This has nothing to do with your criticism of Trump. There are plenty of conservative Trump-haters whom I still feel are Republican despite that. But you don't strike me as one of them.

I appreciate you as a poster and forum member, but definitely not as a conservative.

Load Metric

Wrong

Second, I've seen many thousand posts from you over a period of years, and I can say with confidence that you're not a Republican, even if you think you are and remain registered as one.

I would best describe you as a center-left libertarian. I haven't seen any conservative-leaning takes from you, aside from an affinity for the free market.

If I'm wrong on this, then you're presenting a very different image on the forum than you are in reality.

This has nothing to do with your criticism of Trump. There are plenty of conservative Trump-haters whom I still feel are Republican despite that. But you don't strike me as one of them.

I appreciate you as a poster and forum member, but definitely not as a conservative.
    Isnt the important distinction that San likely voted Republican and now he won’t?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Isnt the important distinction that San likely voted Republican and now he won’t?
    From what I am understanding, he is saying that he's a Republican who is fed up with Trump and now will vote Democrat in 2020.

I'm saying that, from what I've seen of Sanlmar's views, he doesn't appear to be a conservative. I know of many people whose actual political leanings do not match the party which they're registered.

Load Metric

Wrong

I am that [b]Republican[/] bigdick describes. Trump is just painfully embarrassing to witness in real time. Every word has been caught on video and ridiculed. It’s cringeworthy. Its fucking painful and I am ashamed.

For fuck sake, Druff! He said that he was a *Republican*, not a “conservative”. That you would conflate the two terms shows how ignorant you are of large sub-group of Republicans who are economic conservatives but social liberals, i.e. traditional non-religious American libertarians. They want low, low taxes on their outsized smarter-than-the-average-bear financial market and business earnings, but don’t subscribe to the culture war waged by social conservatives like yourself and the religious nut jobs who dominate the modern GOP.

That being said, I get the sense that Sanlmar isn’t an ideologue, and has a pragmatic streak to public policy akin to sentiment that Alan Greenspan expressed in response to 2008 financial crisis: “We’re all Keynesian now.” And has correctly come to realize that the GOP has morphed into a dangerously narrow-minded political force that is willing to risk the basic well-being of a huge swathe of the country in order to maintain power.

So, yeah. It’s entirely appropriate for Sanlmar to say that he *has* been a *Republican* for many years, but has come to realize that he no longer wants to politically identify as one going forward given the events that have unfolded during this crisis and the GOP’s role in keeping that motherfucking idiot in control at the White House.

Comments

Wiganer: Fair play, a decent post
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

From what I am understanding, he is saying that he's a Republican who is fed up with Trump and now will vote Democrat in 2020.

I'm saying that, from what I've seen of Sanlmar's views, he doesn't appear to be a conservative. I know of many people whose actual political leanings do not match the party which they're registered.
    Sanlmar is a definite left winger. I think like some of his ilk he got caught up in the Trump wave in late 2016. However when his life did not suddenly improve in 2017 he got real pissed off again. This might be Trump's undoing, in that people that voted for him did not quickly do better and began failing all over again. Good thing for Trump is most of these people do not vote.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    until very recently I was uber confident Trump would win the election. so much so I was willing to bet anyone up to $10k. I still think he is +ev, but not nearly as much so as before. I'd still make a bet, but limit would be way much less. just a thought.

Load Metric

BigDick said many republicans will start voting democratic. You said wrong. Sanlmar said he in fact fits that description. You tried to change the conversation to your opinion on San’s political thoughts. But the fact is San VOTED republican and now he won’t because of Trump. There’s millions more just like San.

Understand?

Comments

big dick: so smart he's stupid
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information