Page 69 of 142 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2840

Thread: ELON TUSK IS GOD

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

all depends on your position size...if you are trading around in 1 lots then that $6-7 flat fee takes a huge bite outta your ass since your take profit target on your trade is probably gonna be like $50-200 a trade (huge range, obv, but gonna guess it's about right)...if you're trading like 50 lots that flat fee ain't gonna mean a ton in the grand scheme of things...

EDIT: trading is just like any other business...the more units you can spread your fixed cost over the better...if you're a BSD then yeah legging in is probably the right way to go...if you are just bobbing and weaving with a few contracts here and there, probably best to do it all at once...
    When I option trade the fee is always $0.65-$0.70. Where are you getting the $6-$7 number from? Is that the margin account rate?

Also, my straddle bombed last night. Market went nowhere at all, which is pretty much worse case scenario. Sold the call at a tiny profit and hoping for market to go down so don't lose everything on the put. We move on.
    haven't traded options in awhile, but TD used to have a flat rate of like $6-7 per options trade plus the $0.60-0.70 per contract options fee...

did they do away with the flat fee part of it?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Also, I have been trying a strategy with Draftkings that has worked so far with a small sample size. Basically whenever it gets to $41-$42 range buy a 3-5 day put, and wait for it to go down to $38-$39 range (or hopefully lower) and sell for profit.

Small sample size so far, bur so far for pretty much the entire month of June it seems when DraftKings hits the $41+ mark, it quickly goes back down (within a day).

I am 3/3 so far this month executing this strategy. I also have a $42 put I placed earlier today when it briefly hit that threshold that expires Friday.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

When I option trade the fee is always $0.65-$0.70. Where are you getting the $6-$7 number from? Is that the margin account rate?

Also, my straddle bombed last night. Market went nowhere at all, which is pretty much worse case scenario. Sold the call at a tiny profit and hoping for market to go down so don't lose everything on the put. We move on.
    haven't traded options in awhile, but TD used to have a flat rate of like $6-7 per options trade plus the $0.60-0.70 per contract options fee...

did they do away with the flat fee part of it?
    Yeah. It appears they got rid of that fee. Just the $0.65-$0.70 fee.

Load Metric
    Sonatine did you see enph today?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

hah wowwwwwwwwwwwww no i had not seen this.

i had enph on a short list of eco stocks i wanted to be long on last year.

ngl this is hard to look at.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    so... yeah the current suicide theory is that he probably did something like take 60k, leverage it up to a 180k naked put sale before the big dip on wed, maybe on TSLA something like that. that would account for the 700k loss.

there is another theory making the rounds however that he wasnt actually levered that much at all and that RH didnt actually update his proper leg balance (sometimes they do it day after expiration etc) and the kid just saw it and flipped out.

anyway for anyone reading this who finds themselves in a hole and cant see out it, just remember you can lits declare bankruptcy and start over in 7 years. its a thing.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fi...of2&yptr=yahoo

more deets.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeik.../#738ec9835928

yeahhhh he didnt owe the money, the issue was that robinhood decided to implement wonky settlement times so they could save some money, essentially. but he saw the numbers on the screen and just totally lost it.

this is snowballing and people are demanding an sec investigation.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also lol wirecardaments

Load Metric

i read more into it and the hit piece that was put out may just be that; so i took a stab and gobbled up some calls which could make me rich in the next week and could go bust. risk worth the reward imo.

Comments

sonatine: great fucking tip

Load Metric
    premarket rising on news that 1.5 million new robinhood users are in the mix.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Also, I have been trying a strategy with Draftkings that has worked so far with a small sample size. Basically whenever it gets to $41-$42 range buy a 3-5 day put, and wait for it to go down to $38-$39 range (or hopefully lower) and sell for profit.

Small sample size so far, bur so far for pretty much the entire month of June it seems when DraftKings hits the $41+ mark, it quickly goes back down (within a day).

I am 3/3 so far this month executing this strategy. I also have a $42 put I placed earlier today when it briefly hit that threshold that expires Friday.
    Sold at $40 for a small profit when market opened. In 15 minutes already almost up to $42 again.

So 4/4 this month with this strategy. All small profits though, but better than losing almost every day like I was doing with the SPY moves.

Edit: Bought a 6/19 puts at $42. Back to the well again.
    Last edited by ErickAA; 06-18-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Load Metric

i read more into it and the hit piece that was put out may just be that; so i took a stab and gobbled up some calls which could make me rich in the next week and could go bust. risk worth the reward imo.

Wow, i nailed that !

Comments

Sanlmar: We have a new Musk champion

Load Metric
    i dont know which one of you just placed a $120k SPY strangle for Nov 20 but

Platinum
    Load Metric

Wow, i nailed that !

Did you sell them, or letting it ride?

Load Metric
    Right here, we find out on index if we live or die

Die

Load Metric
    htz suspended

Load Metric
    htz suspended
    Their awesome idea to sell 500 milly in stock worth less than the paper it was printed on?

Or is there new info?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    htz suspended
    Their awesome idea to sell 500 milly in stock worth less than the paper it was printed on?

Or is there new info?

sec denied it either yesterday or day before

Load Metric

Wow, i nailed that !

Did you sell them, or letting it ride?

Sold my options held the stock. It was way too much $ way too fast. May dip my toe back in tomorrow if it doesn’t gap up. Jpm came to their defense today.

Load Metric
    Wow.

Trump test positive?

Load Metric
    I partook of the Wynn short this morning on strength as we discussed Tellafriend.

I am destroying lives on the SPY. Even raped badguy’s bookmaker trader. I feel sorry for him. Somebody should explain the diff between futures and cash

They sure pushed the futures for that first tick of the morning for the options expiration. I got 3150 SPY short everywhere I could get down.

Oh, what the hell.... while we are doing a brag post I caught long 2190

I’ll post some trade tix later.

Thread Information