Page 313 of 946 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413813 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 18918

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    How many Trump supporters do you think will kill themselves by injecting clorox, drano or other poisons?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Sure some shitty workers get protected which is annoying as fuck. Nothing worse than working next to or partnered up with a lazy pice of shit that you gotta carry all day but overall unions protect workers and ensure fair wages and benefits.
    Unions are far from perfect I agree but these large companies do not want unions for a reason. They make less money because they are forced to share more of the profits with workers vs putting it in 20 corporate assholes pockets.
    The more money the average person makes the they can spend. The more they can spend the better the economy runs.
    Trickle down is a load of fucking bullshit. It doesn't trickle too far down
    No they share your productivity with shitty workers which you admitted a second ago lol. Thanks for making my argument for me tho <3
    I'm part of a union, not by choice but because I had to be part of it to work there.

They do protect shitty workers. End of story.

edit: I'm not saying unions are useless but they do protect shitty workers.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    SAH shouldn't even be acknowledged.
    What is the use of arguing w/him?
    He is wrong about pretty much everything,
    then twists everyones words and acts like they confirm what he said,

and somehow he is smart and you are dumb.

If we do a special Corona virus Deadpool edition, I want SAH and Tgull,
    F'ing couple of morons. And then Roseanne and James Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

I am not defending anything. It's a pretty simple formula. Patient goes to hospital (acute care center) for treatment. Patient's health improves to move to the next setting (post acute). Post acute settings vary depending on the acuity of the patient. This can be a long term care acute facility (long term vent), sub acute vent unit usually located in a skilled nursing facility (SNF), a skilled nursing facility or as you may know it a "nursing home", Home Health Care - skilled nursing, Hospice, or palliative care.

The CDC guidelines for discharging Covid 19 positive patients are here

I can assure you that regardless of Red or Blue State, the protocols are very similar. Most just take the stance of following the CDC guideline. In AZ for instance they have designated specific SNFs to take on discharged Covid patients.

But of course proclaiming things/people/protocols as libtards is so much more fun so carry on.
    No they are not the same proven by the state mandate in the article I linked. You are a stupid fucker, who thinks he is smart ...
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

No they are not the same proven by the state mandate in the article I linked. You are a stupid fucker, who thinks he is smart ...
    To be fair though you’ve turned into this sites version of Sah on the left.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

To be fair though you’ve turned into this sites version of Sah on the left.
    And Sah, reguardless of how you feel about his content, knows how to use the quote function properly. So he’s got that going for him.

Comments

Sheesfaced: This is true

nightmarefish: Fuckin A right

nunbeater: word

Load Metric
    "Trump didn't invent any of this," Jill Filipovic observed. "A Republican Party that sowed distrust in science because the reality of climate change was financially inconvenient for fossil fuel companies, and determined that conservative, patriarchal Christian morality should take precedence over public health in how we teach our kids about sex and the human body, is exactly what brought us Trump in the first place," Filipovic wrote.

Comments

JimmyG_415: I hope the dead Koch brother is rotting in hell
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    "Trump didn't invent any of this," Jill Filipovic observed. "A Republican Party that sowed distrust in science because the reality of climate change was financially inconvenient for fossil fuel companies, and determined that conservative, patriarchal Christian morality should take precedence over public health in how we teach our kids about sex and the human body, is exactly what brought us Trump in the first place," Filipovic wrote.
    That is clearly an ideologue that is only talking about the part of the picture that is convenient to his narrative. Trump didn't run on a platform of Christian morality at all and climate change denialism was a tiny part of it. Trump ran mainly as a (clearly fake) populist who was going to clean up the swamp of corporate and special interest cronyism that had clearly infected our political class on both sides of the aisle. And also leaned heavily on xenophobic nativist rhetoric.

Bernie Sanders made two serious runs at the Presidency form the left with "clean the swamp" anti corruption rhetoric. AOC has developed a strong populist following from the left with a similar message.

The clear corruption and pandering to corporations and special interests on both sides of the political aisle is just as much a part of the recipe that created Trump as Republican science denialism.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Trump fully adopted the Christian right’s ultra-right SCOTUS nominee shortlist and climate denialism long before the convention

Load Metric

I know better than to engage certain posters here, but sometimes I feel like trying to help people see what's actually going on in healthcare. I stopped after the argument he was having in his head had nothing to do with what I posted. The ad hominem attack just confirmed what I knew in the first place.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

No they share your productivity with shitty workers which you admitted a second ago lol. Thanks for making my argument for me tho <3
    I'm part of a union, not by choice but because I had to be part of it to work there.

They do for sure but they protect the good ones.
    I know you bust your ass and also are very skilled so don't take what im saying the wrong way.

You make a very nice living with great benefits correct? Do you think you would be making that without union protection? How about safety?

I can recall numerous times where I had someone try telling me to go do something that was very unsafe but I was in a position to tell him to go fuck himself and not do it. I was able to tell him to go fuck himself because I was protected by the union. I did lot's of high work and I was fine with that but it had to be safe. These assholes would send you up in 60mph winds if they could get away with it.
    I've seen multiple men killed on the job. I've seen guy get his back broken. I've seen a guy get his finger cut off. I've seen a get his neck broken.I saw a lot of fucked up shit happen. Without union protction I would have seen a whole hell of a lot more.

I'm a good ironworker and a hard worker but I know for a fact I wouldn't have made nearly as much money as I did without the union.
    And let me be clear I fucking hate the slugs(lazy fucks) but we dealt with them in house.

sorry for derailing an important thread

Diamond
    Load Metric

I know you bust your ass and also are very skilled so don't take what im saying the wrong way.

You make a very nice living with great benefits correct? Do you think you would be making that without union protection? How about safety?

I can recall numerous times where I had someone try telling me to go do something that was very unsafe but I was in a position to tell him to go fuck himself and not do it. I was able to tell him to go fuck himself because I was protected by the union. I did lot's of high work and I was fine with that but it had to be safe. These assholes would send you up in 60mph winds if they could get away with it.
    I've seen multiple men killed on the job. I've seen guy get his back broken. I've seen a guy get his finger cut off. I've seen a get his neck broken.I saw a lot of fucked up shit happen. Without union protction I would have seen a whole hell of a lot more.

I'm a good ironworker and a hard worker but I know for a fact I wouldn't have made nearly as much money as I did without the union.
    And let me be clear I fucking hate the slugs(lazy fucks) but we dealt with them in house.

Without Unions we also couldn't have 4-5, 15 minute breaks and 1 hr mandatory lunch as well, or guys getting paid $20 hr to push a broom

Load Metric
    Would Druff give up eating dead animals (beef, pork and chicken) to save the world?

He wouldn't do it for climate change.

Would he do it to avoid the next pandemic?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    How many Trump supporters do you think will kill themselves by injecting clorox, drano or other poisons?
    Hopefully a lot of them.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    So fucking this. Been saying it for years.

Load Metric

Unions are what made the American middle class. They're a blunt instrument but sometimes you have to take the negatives with the positives.

Hockey Guy I believe is in Canada so just because of that he'll be better off than an American doing the same work. No other industrialized country allows companies to treat workers they way they do in the USA.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Without Unions we also couldn't have 4-5, 15 minute breaks and 1 hr mandatory lunch as well, or guys getting paid $20 hr to push a broom
    My benefit package & wages at my last job(non-union) was actually way better than this one but that was an oilpatch job so they are not really comparable. Still, my benefit package & job stability are the most important reason I took the job & I'm not saying I hate my job at all. I took well over a 50% paycut so I had a stable job close to home that had decent benefits. After working for 14 years away from home, money came 3rd in importance although I still make just decent money instead of obscene.

It actually amazes me how bad some worker's attitude about stuff is because this is my first union job. I've had discussions & had guys straight up admit they'd never make the money they're making with their level of education anywhere else close to home. I've also tried to impress on new hires how lucky they were to be working there but they don't listen & most of them are let go before their 3 month probation period ends because they treat the job like it's MacDonalds or something. It's pretty sad.

You're also correct about the safety thing. The union is good for insuring that & having your back.

As for OSA, I must be in a shitty union because we only get 2 paid 15 minute coffee breaks & only .5 hours for lunch, unpaid. We got these every place I've ever worked, union or not.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

Comments

gauchojake: interestiing
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Unions are what made the American middle class. They're a blunt instrument but sometimes you have to take the negatives with the positives.

Hockey Guy I believe is in Canada so just because of that he'll be better off than an American doing the same work. No other industrialized country allows companies to treat workers they way they do in the USA.
    Greediest country on earth so it's no big shocker
    You get it which is nice to see.
    Lot's of people can't seem to figure simple things like this out on their own.

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

My benefit package & wages at my last job(non-union) was actually way better than this one but that was an oilpatch job so they are not really comparable. Still, my benefit package & job stability are the most important reason I took the job & I'm not saying I hate my job at all. I took well over a 50% paycut so I had a stable job close to home that had decent benefits. After working for 14 years away from home, money came 3rd in importance although I still make just decent money instead of obscene.

It actually amazes me how bad some worker's attitude about stuff is because this is my first union job. I've had discussions & had guys straight up admit they'd never make the money they're making with their level of education anywhere else close to home. I've also tried to impress on new hires how lucky they were to be working there but they don't listen & most of them are let go before their 3 month probation period ends because they treat the job like it's MacDonalds or something. It's pretty sad.

You're also correct about the safety thing. The union is good for insuring that & having your back.

As for OSA, I must be in a shitty union because we only get 2 paid 15 minute coffee breaks & only .5 hours for lunch, unpaid. We got these every place I've ever worked, union or not.
    Surprised to hear that you made more when working non union. Zero chance any non union ironworker here in the u.s is making more than local 1 ironworkers.

I have a seen a lot of guys start the apprenticeship and quit a week or two into it.
    It's tough work and in all honestly most people just can't handle that type of work.I never shamed anyone for quitting, it's hard and dangerous and some people just aren't cut out for that regardless of how much they are being paid. We worked in the heat and the cold and then on top of that you have the physical aspect + the health risks.
    As far as breaks go we get one 15 minute break in between start time and lunch but it would usually be 20 mins or so depending on who you're working for and what's going on that day.
    45 minute unpaid lunch.
    No holiday pay no sick days.

There are 100's of different contractors who are signatory with local 1 which is a good thing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    lol DEMONRATS, trump was OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic when he misspelled nobel and also when he confused a nobel prize with a pulitzer.

Thread Information