Page 266 of 947 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366766 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    has anyone seen a chart mapping the actual death rates in the US or specific states or cities in 2018, 2019 and 2020?

i'm curious how many more deaths we're seeing because of this virus but i haven't been able to find that info online
    A few weeks ago, deaths were actually DOWN in the US, due to a far lesser amount of street crime and car crashes.

Now that the numbers have spiked up, I'm not sure.
    Exactly what I would expect as well. I wrote my masters thesis on the fatal accident report system in USA actually and now work regularly with people struggling from substance abuse.

One of the most effective strategies is enforced curfew. It works very well short term but obviously not effective long term. It’s going to be interesting to increased overdoses once isolation is removed due to tolerance issues. Also methadone clinics must be a shitshow right now.

Load Metric
    republicans, meet darwin.

you two have much to discuss.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  47A0D558-C537-483D-9487-C89193FFA6AA.jpeg
Views: 420
Size:  79.8 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As the days during quarantine fly by while I'm continuously lacking a much needed haircut, I've become more and more convinced that the suck-and-cut guy from Wayne's World was truly ahead of his time.

He would be a hero right now.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Just a few days ago friends father got sick and gave all his family it. Everyone is ok because they fought it off.

My other friend, both his grandparents died within 4 days of each other. No surprise when the grandmother passed after her husband did, her test came back, day after she died, positive. They were both upper 80s though.

I'm beginning to see an unfortunate pattern on IG. Old person pic and then a long caption. Sad to see.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Just a few days ago friends father got sick and gave all his family it. Everyone is ok because they fought it off.

My other friend, both his grandparents died within 4 days of each other. No surprise when the grandmother passed after her husband did, her test came back, day after she died, positive. They were both upper 80s though.

I'm beginning to see an unfortunate pattern on IG. Old person pic and then a long caption. Sad to see.
    Name:  d554080c-4c21-439c-a65c-bcbf1a4800c1_text.gif
Views: 461
Size:  555.3 KB

Comments

OSA: GOLD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Just looks like a bunch of patriotic Americans expressing concern and reservations about SJWs and Greta Thunberg and the ongoing liberal trend of enabling every -ism under the sun.

Definitely not unhinged, brainwashed lunatics on a steady diet of Laura Ingraham and Facebook memes.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Just looks like a bunch of patriotic Americans expressing concern and reservations about SJWs and Greta Thunberg and the ongoing liberal trend of enabling every -ism under the sun.

Definitely not unhinged, brainwashed lunatics on a steady diet of Laura Ingraham and Facebook memes.

what do you expect, with all these identity politics making it impossible to have a normal conversation in the media anymore?

maybe if obama did his job and kept ventilators stockpiled instead of spending that money on iran, we could finally find the email servers that crowdstrike hid in the ukraine.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Isn't it cute watching the arrogant leftists here mock the crazy contingent of the Republican Party, using it as a symbol of their intellectual and logical superiority?

In the meantime, if you dare point out that their own party's counterparts want transgender 3-year-olds, men competing in women's sports if they "identify" as female, completely open borders, zero bail for violent criminals, and 8.5-month abortions on demand for any reason, you're told that you're using "strawmen" and "picking on the party's extreme who represent only a small percentage of us".

Ahhhhhhh.... the double standards taste good, huh?

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Don't forget death panels and Benghazi

duped_samaritan: and her emails

Muck Ficon: Lol. Unreal.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also I'm enjoying the "giving money to Iran" jokes here, as if that's some sort of lunatic conspiracy theory...

... when indeed, Obama did give ransom money to Iran, and the Iranian government even clowned him for it in their mass media on that same day.

Delusions of moral and intellectual grandeur are fun though, I'm sure.

Comments

MumblesBadly: A pointless distraction from the topic of this thread...and your continued Trump apologia tour.

Tellafriend:

duped_samaritan: It was Irans money

big dick: clown

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I will say this, though...

I am upset with a lot of fellow Republicans who feel it's their duty to minimize the virus and its threat, because various idiots on right wing social media and cable news initially mistook the entire coronavirus concern as an attack on Trump.

Now, indeed, some of it WAS used as an attack on Trump, but three things were true at once. The media and the left were using the situation to attack Trump, the virus actually IS a very serious and dangerous matter, and Trump did mishandle a lot of things.

The lunatic TDS contingent here likes to accuse me of being a Fox News bot or Trump cult follower, but the fact is that I took the matter seriously from the start -- both stopping my Commerce visits and discussing the virus' threat on my radio show. At no point did I say it was a hoax, exaggerated, or "just the flu".

I've also acknowledged where Trump was wrong, while at the same time agreeing with him when warranted (such as regarding the fact that the WHO is trash, and the US shouldn't be continuing to fund it).

Overall, I haven't been very happy with how a lot of fellow Republicans have framed this entire matter. Everyone should be taking this seriously. The virus knows no politics. If you catch it, and you're over 45, there's a good chance you will have a hellish experience, and the older you are, there's a rapidly increasing chance it will kill you or put you on a ventilator. That's serious fucking biz.

And don't get me started about the idiotic conspiracy theorists regarding Bill Gates and 5G. Mind-bogglingly stupid shit.

From a public health perspective, I've actually agreed with the Democrats more regarding the handling of the virus. Too many Republicans are still seeking to minimize this, and it is frustrating me.

With that said, I'm already seeing a lot of idiocy from the Democrats regarding the economic matters, and their obsession with the "Chinese virus" terminology was cringeworthy and indicative that they just can't ever get identity politics out of their heads. And to that end, they seem intent upon defending the WHO simply because Trump now hates it. So a lot of dumb shit happening on the other side of the aisle, too.

Still, it's getting tiresome trying to convince other Republicans -- including some usually-sensible ones -- to take this matter seriously and stop believing this is somehow all about defending Trump from a media hoax.

Comments

MrTickle: clown

big dick: clown

splitthis: Frown

gauchojake: Reasonable

duped_samaritan: clown

tony bagadonuts: Crown

Load Metric
    I will say this, though...

I am upset with a lot of fellow Republicans who feel it's their duty to minimize the virus and its threat, because various idiots on right wing social media and cable news initially mistook the entire coronavirus concern as an attack on Trump.

Now, indeed, some of it WAS used as an attack on Trump, but three things were true at once. The media and the left were using the situation to attack Trump, the virus actually IS a very serious and dangerous matter, and Trump did mishandle a lot of things.

The lunatic TDS contingent here likes to accuse me of being a Fox News bot or Trump cult follower, but the fact is that I took the matter seriously from the start -- both stopping my Commerce visits and discussing the virus' threat on my radio show. At no point did I say it was a hoax, exaggerated, or "just the flu".

I've also acknowledged where Trump was wrong, while at the same time agreeing with him when warranted (such as regarding the fact that the WHO is trash, and the US shouldn't be continuing to fund it).

Overall, I haven't been very happy with how a lot of fellow Republicans have framed this entire matter. Everyone should be taking this seriously. The virus knows no politics. If you catch it, and you're over 45, there's a good chance you will have a hellish experience, and the older you are, there's a rapidly increasing chance it will kill you or put you on a ventilator. That's serious fucking biz.

And don't get me started about the idiotic conspiracy theorists regarding Bill Gates and 5G. Mind-bogglingly stupid shit.

From a public health perspective, I've actually agreed with the Democrats more regarding the handling of the virus. Too many Republicans are still seeking to minimize this, and it is frustrating me.

With that said, I'm already seeing a lot of idiocy from the Democrats regarding the economic matters, and their obsession with the "Chinese virus" terminology was cringeworthy and indicative that they just can't ever get identity politics out of their heads. And to that end, they seem intent upon defending the WHO simply because Trump now hates it. So a lot of dumb shit happening on the other side of the aisle, too.

Still, it's getting tiresome trying to convince other Republicans -- including some usually-sensible ones -- to take this matter seriously and stop believing this is somehow all about defending Trump from a media hoax.
    Susan Collins over here!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Yeah, you're so upset with Republicans that you are going to vote for Donald Trump again.

Aren't you getting sick of winning?

Please, Mr. President, we are tired of winning

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...nning-so-much/

We say: Please, please, Mr. President, we’re tired of winning so much. Our friends are out of work, our parents and grandparents are dying, our medical system is collapsing without tests and vital supplies, our kids can’t go to school, and we can’t buy toilet paper. If this is winning, can we go back to losing the way we used to?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Already explained why I can't vote Democrat.

I'm fundamentally opposed to most of what they plan to do.

Load Metric

Except that they don't actually plan to do any of those things.

By the way, the party is called "Democratic," unless you're referring to a person who is a member. Calling it the "Democrat Party" like they do on Fox News is like calling your party the "Republic Party."

Comments

Tellafriend: take a break

dwai: shut it down n-word

sonatine: those are some real desperate lookin tomatos

gimmick:

big dick: off set the two morons
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 04-16-2020 at 01:28 AM.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

No, you're not. You're fundamentally opposed to the SJW types on twitter. You have mild disagreement with DNC establishment, who are, in the grand scheme of things, not that different to the GOP. Look what Obama did for the banks etc... hardly a radical left-wing party. The DNC (and actually the electorate) have rejected all the things you consider fundamentally in opposition to your own views.

Comments

dwai: eat shit eurotrash

sonatine: thats a fixin'

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post

No, you're not. You're fundamentally opposed to the SJW types on twitter. You have mild disagreement with DNC establishment, who are, in the grand scheme of things, not that different to the GOP. Look what Obama did for the banks etc... hardly a radical left-wing party. The DNC (and actually the electorate) have rejected all the things you consider fundamentally in opposition to your own views.
    You're letting facts get in the way of Druff's straw man? You're doing the internet wrong.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    facts and proof mean nothing to the average right wing retard

Comments

dwai: you've totally lost your mind, ask your wife if you can get therapy

sonatine: lets fix that

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post

Did you not understand the word "most"? I didn't say I'm opposed to everything the Democrats do (even the moderates), just the vast majority of it.

Just because the DNC isn't left-wing enough for Eurolefists like yourself doesn't mean that they're the same as Republicans.

As I'm sure you can see, there is a growing radical left of the Democratic Party, and soon enough even the DNC won't be able to stop it. Look, Bernie was almost the candidate in 2020 until they stepped in and pulled shenanigans to prevent it.

Didn't you watch some of the countless Democratic debates? The whole thing was a contest as to who could out-left the other, peppered by a few moderate remarks such as "how are you going to pay for that?" or "people don't want to lose their private insurance".

In fact, the DNC lacks the balls to stand up and tell the radical portion of the party to eat shit. They won't openly disavow any of the wacky far-left ideas and proposals. Instead, they gladhandle the far left and hope that their backroom shenanigans will suppress them for the time being. That's not going to work forever.

Comments

YUUP: He’s a modern day Kim Philby, ignore the traitor..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What are you three even trying to argue here?

That the Democrats and I are actually on the same side of most issues, and I just don't realize it?

If so...

Thread Information