Page 223 of 946 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

"Latest Updates

April 6 (GMT)

30331 new cases and 1255 new deaths in the United States

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee [source]

A study by disease modelers at the University of Texas at Austin states that "Given the low testing rates throughout the country, we assume that 1 in 10 cases are tested and reported. If a county has detected only 1 case of COVID-19, there is a 51%
    chance that there is already a growing outbreak underway"

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Ill take May 15th. Lets just call it a wrap then k? Ok.

wheres gay sex? i need more gaysex in my life.

Comments

big dick: you wont be laughing when you burn for eternity scumbag

MumblesBadly: Chill, big dick. The “afterlife” only exists in the minds of those who remember us after we die.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Tine, this is why you will never get it, or never get enlightened.

I will pray for you.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Leviticus 20:13

If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.
    enjoy hell you trash can

Load Metric
    "President Donald Trump reportedly summoned FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn to the White House to meet with Fox News’ Laura Ingraham and two of her show’s “medical cabinet” to talk up the use of the drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus."

sooooo embarrassing

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.08.31 PM.png
Views: 466
Size:  850.9 KB

Author dead of coronavirus, April 2.

Comments

Salty_Aus: She knew too much and was murdered

big dick: now thats karma at its finest.

MumblesBadly: Yeah, but she died with her guns at the ready. #Merica

Sloppy Joe: Fake news natural causes kill more people everyday

nunbeater: clearly a hoax wrapped in conspiracy

blake: outstanding spoiler usage, resulting in literal lol

Jayjami: Just wash your hands often, you’ll be fine.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Idiots are attempting to "escape" to Mammoth Lakes, CA, (where the altitude ranges from 7800 to 9000), believing it is isolated from coronavirus.

But it's not.

They actually have a higher per-person coronavirus caseload than Los Angeles, and their hospital is very small.

They are now setting up a checkpoint on CA-203 (off of US-395) where they question people and only let them into town if they are "locals or people with essential business."

It is not clear if they're letting in non-locals who own houses or condos there, such as myself.

Mammoth Mountain has been closed since March 15. It was a below-average snow year anyway, but oddly they just had their biggest storm of the year in April, dropping nearly 4 feet, and still snowing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/u...no-county.html

Being very familiar with Mammoth, I know of a "back way" into the place which doesn't have such a checkpoint, but the typical tourist would have no clue about this. Not that I have any plans to go.

Fleeing to Mammoth is stupid, as the high altitude could actually cause one to have worse coronavirus symptoms, especially if they aren't locals and their bodies aren't used to it.

Even under normal circumstances, very old people are advised by doctors to move out of Mammoth, because the altitude isn't good for them.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Idiots

Sheesfaced: Offset

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Idiots are attempting to "escape" to Mammoth Lakes, CA, (where the altitude ranges from 7800 to 9000), believing it is isolated from coronavirus.

But it's not.

They actually have a higher per-person coronavirus caseload than Los Angeles, and their hospital is very small.

They are now setting up a checkpoint on CA-203 (off of US-395) where they question people and only let them into town if they are "locals or people with essential business."

It is not clear if they're letting in non-locals who own houses or condos there, such as myself.

Mammoth Mountain has been closed since March 15. It was a below-average snow year anyway, but oddly they just had their biggest storm of the year in April, dropping nearly 4 feet, and still snowing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/u...no-county.html

Being very familiar with Mammoth, I know of a "back way" into the place which doesn't have such a checkpoint, but the typical tourist would have no clue about this. Not that I have any plans to go.

Fleeing to Mammoth is stupid, as the high altitude could actually cause one to have worse coronavirus symptoms, especially if they aren't locals and their bodies aren't used to it.

Even under normal circumstances, very old people are advised by doctors to move out of Mammoth, because the altitude isn't good for them.
    Bolded the most important part.

Problem is you could be fleeing to self isolate, but you already have it.

If there is a food shortage do you think it will be a populated area or remote area? Or crime? Or lots of things.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Nah, Druff knows a Lupus patient.

Comments

big dick: lol
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I read the whole article.

It really doesn't say very much, though it takes a lot of words to do so.

Cliffs: Maybe hydrocloriquine helps for COVID-19, maybe it doesn't, maybe it helps only some people, maybe it makes things worse for others. Trump is exaggerating the hope this drug brings us. This is dangerous because some guy in Arizona drank fish tank cleaner.

The author does not explain what patients in early April 2020 should do if they have COVID-19 with major symptoms, and are headed toward the need of a ventilator. Try it anyway? Try something else? Just pray they don't die? The author has no answers for us, because there are no answers.

Clearly Trump likes to shoot his mouth off and says things which aren't true (or exaggerated), but this isn't dangerous because you can't just pick up hydrocloriquine at the local drugstore over-the-counter and give it a shot. Ultimately it's still a doctor who has to prescribe it for you, and Trump is just advocating giving it a shot if you have no other options. While he doesn't have the expertise to recommend this, his recommendation doesn't really hurt anything, because he can't influence whether it gets prescribed or not.

Let me take a wild guess regarding the political persuasion of the author. A left-wing Democrat, right?

Comments

Sloppy Joe: No big deal about the president of the country babbling pseudoscience to the masses, but the doctor has agenda

MumblesBadly: Your knee jerk partisan interpretation is going to be wholly embarrassing to Benjamin someday.

Muck Ficon: You really have been terrible lately

big dick: .

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’m putting on my team retard jersey and MAGA hat for this one and rolling the dice if I got real sick. I saw two local 40-somethings give their account on TV of shit going very south and making a quickish turnaround once they were prescribed it. They were ready to be put on a ventilator and packed in ice already to keep fever down. That isn’t proof of anything or that they would have died but good enough for me. Give me that shit and AIDS drugs and whatever else.

I basically can’t be intubated though. That’s the dealbreaker for me.

I have orange stickers on every file in my medical history. They almost lost me during my first surgery and went nasal intubation the last 3, and it was still touch and go for two hour procedures.

I’m considered a difficult airway and have an actual med alert bracelet that I’m not sure I ever could find. They are losing 50% of ventilator patients anyway. If they almost lose me every time they try under normal circumstances with the best guy in town taking his time, I figure I’m like 98% dead if they ever need to do that quickly, wearing a hazmat suit, and performed by some ER doctor with a degree from New Delhi Juco. No way. Fuck that. Give me the anti-malarial and I’ll roll the dice.

No opinion on the general public, but I’m glad to have the option if it gets hairy. I’m glad Trump ok’d doctors at least having the ability to make that call. Best thing he’s done imo during this whole thing for me. It’s not like they are just going to do it because he said they can.

I’m glad someone can try it without having to worry about getting sued. I think I’d actually choose euthanasia before ventilation. 50% death rate and do some reading on ventilator delirium if you want to have nightmares. Only 80% get it.

I’m not so sure those surviving the ventilator isn’t going to be its own 60 minutes in a few years about people living in hell and basically mentally in Regarding Henry territory cognitively
    Dude they will just cut a slit in your neck and give you a trach.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Yeah, but probably administered by a “left-wing Democrat” medical professional.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Sonatine

In regards to the failed Swiss trial, I think you are misinformed.

I saw you mentioned this failed trial earlier too and I did my best to research before responding.

From what I understand, the test was for Chloroquine, NOT Hydroxychloroquine.

People on reddit apparently made the same mistake of believing this misinformation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though

Here is a source article but it will need to be translated

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/car...coronamedicin/

they are virtually the same drug.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are drugs derived from the quinoline molecule. Both are used as antimalarial blood schizonticides, and hydroxychloroquine is also frequently used as an antirheumatic. Their mechanism of action is not entirely understood. However, despite their varying therapeutic dosage and toxicity, both drugs have similar clinical indications and side effects. One of their most serious side effects is retinal toxicity, referred to as 4AQ retinopathy or chloroquine retinopathy, which must be screened for in all cases of long-term use.
    Lol at thinking they are the same. You are out of your wheelhouse making comments about molecular chemistry. A single molecule difference or the same composition arranged differently react night from day. Please refrain from this. Lol.

Comments

sonatine: you can lightly choke me if i do it again

MumblesBadly: Did Tine just give you permission for some light S&M???
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Former PFA regular Steve-O (Steve Ruddock) had the coronavirus, even though he wasn't tested.

I believe Steve is in his mid-40s.

Everyone over 40 I've talked to who got this thing said it was a hellish experience, some of whom felt at one point they were going to die.

I think it is being understated how many people are suffering big time at home, yet not going to the hospital.

Load Metric

Cliffs: Maybe hydrocloriquine helps for COVID-19, maybe it doesn't, maybe it helps only some people, maybe it makes things worse for others. Trump is exaggerating the hope this drug brings us. This is dangerous because some guy in Arizona drank fish tank cleaner.

The author does not explain what patients in early April 2020 should do if they have COVID-19 with major symptoms, and are headed toward the need of a ventilator. Try it anyway? Try something else? Just pray they don't die? The author has no answers for us, because there are no answers.

Clearly Trump likes to shoot his mouth off and says things which aren't true (or exaggerated), but this isn't dangerous because you can't just pick up hydrocloriquine at the local drugstore over-the-counter and give it a shot. Ultimately it's still a doctor who has to prescribe it for you, and Trump is just advocating giving it a shot if you have no other options. While he doesn't have the expertise to recommend this, his recommendation doesn't really hurt anything, because he can't influence whether it gets prescribed or not.

Let me take a wild guess regarding the political persuasion of the author. A left-wing Democrat, right?
    you know, assuming an intelligent person saying intelligent things is a left-wing democrat is the opposite of what sonatine has been doing, and the opposite of what you intended.

if you don't get that, can i guess your political persuasion?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'll tell you one thing that is pissing me off about the US government right now, and that's the lack of data being provided.

What is the breakdown of preexisting conditions and COVID-19 hospitalization & death? Can we have a list of each one, so we can see our risk factors?

What qualifies as a preexisting condition? If you're like me and only have high blood pressure, is that considered a preexisting condition?

Is there a much greater chance to suffer bad symptoms if you're over 40 versus 20-39? (I know the answer is yes, but to how much of an extent?)

What is the symptom level breakdown for people who tested positive? There's a pretty big difference between the guy who is asymptomatic or very mildly symptomatic and the guys like Steve-O. If you get the virus, what are your chances of developing very bad symptoms which don't quite reach the level of need for hospitalization?

What are the numbers for people treated with each drug (or drug combo) versus those not treated with any drugs?

I feel like we know very little. Is there a reason this data is being held back?

I am getting very frustrated with all of this. I am 48 with high blood pressure and have no fucking clue what my realistic chances are for having terrible symtpoms if I catch this. I'd love to have an idea. We all would.

Part of me thinks they are suppressing this info because they don't want to embolden "low risk" people to go back out, so they just leave everyone in the dark.

site = joke

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

you know, assuming an intelligent person saying intelligent things is a left-wing democrat is the opposite of what sonatine has been doing, and the opposite of what you intended.

if you don't get that, can i guess your political persuasion?
    You don't think the person's political views should color how much you should take seriously, "I'm an expert, listen to me" pieces?

Yes, someone can be both biased and correct at the same time, but many of these pieces are implied to be non-partisan essays written by experts, and when that's not the case, they should say so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So what are you guys doing for groceries?

I absolutely hate Instacart, Doordash, Grubhub, Postmates, and all of that type of shit, for so many reasons. However, as everyone I talk to over 40 who had the virus had a horrendous experience, I'm coming to the opinion that I need to do more to avoid it. I feel that even leaving the house for groceries makes it inevitable I will get it. I think the smarter play is to get shit delivered, quickly put the perishable stuff in a back refrigerator and not touch it for 2 days, and not touch the other stuff at all for 2 days.

Do any of you use a service like that with any success? Any tips?

If these services all suck balls, I'm also considering just hiring a random to do this for me every so often. I think that's a lot smarter than risking the virus by going out to these stores twice a week or whatever.

Sadly Amazon Fresh doesn't deliver to my area, so don't suggest that.

Load Metric
    i wore a mask in the grocery store, looking like a complete asshole.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i wore a mask in the grocery store, looking like a complete asshole.
    Not anymore. Everyone's been told to wear them.

The problem is that nobody knows how effective these masks are, especially if they're not N95 quality.

I really just want to lock myself in the house until one of three things happen:

1) Vaccine (obv this won't happen for awhile)
    2) Antibody test reveals I was lucky and already had it and didn't realize it
    3) Effective medication can stop the virus from turning bad

Right now none of these three are possible, so I really want to just cut off all exposure. I also am concerned that if I have a terrible experience with this (especially if I have breathing problems), it might re-ignite the severe psychological problems I had in 2018, but this time I may not be able to get past them.

I just want to avoid this whole thing until there's a reason I don't need to worry anymore.

Thread Information