Page 214 of 946 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 18915

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    siri, what is irony?

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

How are you feeling? If back to normal, what’s your gut tell you? Did you have the rona? How about the baby?
    Feeling fine, thanks.

Leaning toward I didn't have it, just coincidentally had first fever with all fever symptoms in eight years. Did have shortness of breath but often do come mid March in Portland due to allergies. Would say no confidentially but did record fever for 5 days, so..?

Yes, son was born healthy and all are well. Was fucked up having the COVID threat hanging over the experience of spending 3 days in the hospital due to c-section complications though
    Congrats SJ. I’m several years older than you but we probably know some of the same people as if I’m not mistaken from past posts of yours I went to a rival high school.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    a friend just sent me a selfie of her at a target wearing a mask and gloves like it was cute.

shes holding her cell phone with her gloves on.

nice pic, she looks good. heres the thing tho.

phone: totally infected
    hair: totally infected
    that cute top: totally infected
    lulumon leggings: totally infected
    socks: totally infected
    shoes: totally infected
    glasses: totally infected

the odds of this fucking karen getting all those things off her and into the laundry/sink/shower to be washed / cleaned without leaving snail trails of virus everywhere in her car and apartment are approximately zero. and from there her toddler will pick them up, become infected, and transfer back to her.

and i cant even suggest a course correction to her because literally everyone is pulling this shit, either out of ignorance or emotional necessity or a combo of both.

im kinda blessed i guess because i grew up when AIDS was a big fucking deal, so i understand the concept of risk on a real visceral level here, plus i did some work after 9/11 in environments that drove home the fundamental complexities of containment theories when it came to biological weapons.

but try to explain that shit to someone a few years younger than me and they are like 'lol i gotta live my life hashtag yolo i guess'.

cool thats gonna be a real short experiment with a very sad ending for a lot of you tho.
    phone: totally infected
    hair: totally infected
    that cute top: totally infected
    lulumon leggings: totally infected
    socks: totally infected
    shoes: totally infected
    glasses: totally infected
    Odds if she gets Covid-19 and recovers 99%

Comments

sonatine: thoughts and prayers

Load Metric

Comments

BetCheckBet: absolutely DJ Jazzy Jeff survived!

Hockey Guy: As Druff would say chances are those 2 weren't gonna live much longer anyways.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

wow wild stuff.

hey off topic what political affiliation is candace owens?

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Racist

Load Metric

According to NBC News, this year’s National Brotherhood of Skiers’ ski summit took place on Feb. 27-March 7 in Sun Valley, Idaho. But what was meant to be a time of fellowship unexpectedly turned into a cautionary tale on the necessity of social distancing.

“It was at a time when the serious nature of coronavirus was not conveyed by the supposed leadership of the country,” said Brad Corbin who has been a faithful attendee for the last 25 years. “I’m sure it would have been canceled. But it was classified as a ‘hoax.’”

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

According to NBC News, this year’s National Brotherhood of Skiers’ ski summit took place on Feb. 27-March 7 in Sun Valley, Idaho. But what was meant to be a time of fellowship unexpectedly turned into a cautionary tale on the necessity of social distancing.

“It was at a time when the serious nature of coronavirus was not conveyed by the supposed leadership of the country,” said Brad Corbin who has been a faithful attendee for the last 25 years. “I’m sure it would have been canceled. But it was classified as a ‘hoax.’”

This is the type of shit that happened everywhere. Events are the killer. Subways. Funerals. Clusters start there. I recall posting about ghosting a Pennsylvania wrestling kids Facebook page. Every comment was this is a hoax. Don’t cave to liberals.

Occasionally someone with a brain would come in and point out we should postpone and get shouted down and called sheeple and it was all about how hard the kids have worked.

Cases had popped up in philly at that point. None in western Pa.

So hard to hold growing kids weights for the championships the same. Such a great and sick sport all at once on the kids level. Discipline, tough kids, but parents are nuts.

That was ground zero for ignorance and just dark. Thank god the grownups who owned the arena cancelled last minute. If it was a different state with a moron in charge, it would have been 15k people in an arena and hundreds of sweaty asymptomatic kids taking that back to every corner of Pennsylvania.

A random funeral in Georgia creates a 500 person cluster. That event would have probably killed 200 people eventually. Everyone’s grandparents there. Sweaty sustained contact and hug mom and dad and grandpa and goodbye. Almost worst case sport. Always fighting bacteria infections and ringworm during normal times.

Three days after schools were closed and this was real. Those weeks before is when Trumps words killed thousands of Americans everywhere. Every comment was verbatim his press conference shit. Just gross

Comments

sonatine: 100.

Load Metric
    wrestling parents: staph infection? oh hell no, events cancelled.

also wrestling parents: rush limbaugh said its just a flu so game on, all these videos from china are just liberal science fag hysteria. maga.

Comments

BCR: It’s what it was. All reason out the door. The conversation in my bubble was but he worked so hard. I’d reply he’s ten, your parents have copd, and I’d prefer to not have live with killing them.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Jesus, Trump is struggling to read his statement today. Even worst than what’s typical for him.

Comments

OSA: presidents get nervous and anxious

Load Metric
    for anyone not keeping score....

trump admin told ma to get fucked when ma asked for ppe and suggested they purchase some from another country.

ma purchases ppe gear from another country.

trump admin confiscated that shipment of ppe and told ma to get fucked again.

thats your government in action.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Massachusetts wasn’t going to give Trump any presidential electors anyway. So, why should he care?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Guy I know was in the ER on a Friday, presumed positive

His wife want to a wedding the next day...nuts.

Comments

Tellafriend: humans

Load Metric
    for anyone not keeping score....

trump admin told ma to get fucked when ma asked for ppe and suggested they purchase some from another country.

ma purchases ppe gear from another country.

trump admin confiscated that shipment of ppe and told ma to get fucked again.

thats your government in action.
    What you're not saying is MA has been very disrespectful to our president

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: more like M"Gay"

Load Metric
    we kicked around weather earlier in this thread - seems like the topic is starting to pick up some momentum

"According to the Australian government Department of Health site, as yet there is not “widespread community transmission” of Covid-19, and, importantly, “The majority of Australian confirmed cases acquired their infection overseas, including on board cruise ships or associated with recent travel to Europe or the Americas.” Also, only thirty Australians have died from Covid-19 thus far. There is still widespread debate among scientists about how weather/seasonality will affect the spread of Covid-19. But given all the traffic between China and Australia, and the fact that Australia didn’t cut off travel to China until February 1 (and even then initially had many loopholes), one can be hopeful that the relatively mild outbreak of Covid-19 in their Summer reflects a strong seasonal component to the virus."

Load Metric
    Just to demonstrate the level of lulz going on right now a customer of mine just got shipped 40 pallets of medical supplies meant for another customer. I am pretty sure it was meant for the State.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    we kicked around weather earlier in this thread - seems like the topic is starting to pick up some momentum

"According to the Australian government Department of Health site, as yet there is not “widespread community transmission” of Covid-19, and, importantly, “The majority of Australian confirmed cases acquired their infection overseas, including on board cruise ships or associated with recent travel to Europe or the Americas.” Also, only thirty Australians have died from Covid-19 thus far. There is still widespread debate among scientists about how weather/seasonality will affect the spread of Covid-19. But given all the traffic between China and Australia, and the fact that Australia didn’t cut off travel to China until February 1 (and even then initially had many loopholes), one can be hopeful that the relatively mild outbreak of Covid-19 in their Summer reflects a strong seasonal component to the virus."

encouraging frankly. also australia is super humid so its possible the thailand outbreaks, for example, are rooted in broader health issues. thailand has a HUGE diabetes problem for example, people smoke constantly, its a fucking mess. so maybe we duck a bullet here..

Load Metric

encouraging frankly. also australia is super humid so its possible the thailand outbreaks, for example, are rooted in broader health issues. thailand has a HUGE diabetes problem for example, people smoke constantly, its a fucking mess. so maybe we duck a bullet here..
    The two hottest states in that second tier of ~10K cases Ca and FL are the ones that seem to be leveling off a bit. The moderate/cool ones are the ones still increasing (Mi, PA, MA, Il). The one outlier is La.

Who knows - could mean nothing but it makes sense

FL and CA are also infamous for having shitty/No public transportation as well.

Platinum
    Load Metric

The two hottest states in that second tier of ~10K cases Ca and FL are the ones that seem to be leveling off a bit. The moderate/cool ones are the ones still increasing (Mi, PA, MA, Il). The one outlier is La.

Who knows - could mean nothing but it makes sense

FL and CA are also infamous for having shitty/No public transportation as well.
    I think it's more that people don't use much public transportation in California. Also of note, we've actually had alot of rain recently in So Cal so it's not like the weather has been super hot here. Seattle also hasn't spread much, also alot of rain. Who knows, probably means nothing.

Load Metric
    This is awesome:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Jesus, Trump is struggling to read his statement today. Even worst than what’s typical for him.
    I did not see the press conference today. But it is hilarious for back benchers like you to analyze every word. If you were in front of the entire world giving a speech guaranteed you could could not get a sentence out without a panic attack. You are what, an hourly worker? It is just funny to see clowns like you microcasm a speech, Repub, or Dem. You would not last 20 seconds in front of a camera.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: He's the fucking president you numbskull

Platinum
    Load Metric

Actually Thailand is the number one travel destination from Chinese, and had massive traffic from Wuhan in December-Jan. Thailand should be another Italy. The fact that the outbreak is only what it is might be due to weather.

Thread Information