Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this girl didn't get into harvard. but barry's daughter did

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

this girl didn't get into harvard. but barry's daughter did

so barry's daughter must be as gifted if not more gifted than Eva Smerekanych

lol...zero chance of that.

here's your real competition getting into the top 10 schools

lol @ 19 AP's

Last edited by mulva; 01-19-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    unless you are trying to save money to graduate early or get a double major there is literally zero reason to post AP scores...

you're better off taking the classes in college, getting those locked up As and partying your ass off until the shit you learned in the AP courses finally catches up to you...

and jesus what kinda high school did she go to that had 19 fucking AP courses...

Comments

MumblesBadly: Here’s your “King of the Underachievers” award. Display it proudly for alm your slacker friends to see.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    unless you are trying to save money to graduate early or get a double major there is literally zero reason to post AP scores...

you're better off taking the classes in college, getting those locked up As and partying your ass off until the shit you learned in the AP courses finally catches up to you...

and jesus what kinda high school did she go to that had 19 fucking AP courses...
    Had to be a private school.

Yes, I went to high school in the 80s, but my public school was one of the top ranked in California and had a ton of really really smart kids, and we definitely didn't have 19 AP courses. I took 4 - History, Chemistry, Calculus, and Computer Science, and the Comp Sci one I had to do off campus at another school in the district.

I also think I agree with you that you're better off just re-taking the course in college, scoring the easy A, and having extra time to relax.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Yes, I went to high school in the 80s, but my public school was one of the top ranked in California and had a ton of really really smart kids, and we definitely didn't have 19 AP courses. I took 4 - History, Chemistry, Calculus, and Computer Science, and the Comp Sci one I had to do off campus at another school in the district.

I also think I agree with you that you're better off just re-taking the course in college, scoring the easy A, and having extra time to relax.
    I taught at an Ivy League school as a visiting prof for a few years right out of PhD school, and while there had a student who was very goal oriented, wanted to attend a certain top notch grad school that specialized in a highly demanding field, and was working on completing a double major, with a foreign language minor thrown in for kicks, in only 3 years and one summer, as she already had a conditional acceptance at that grad school to start in the fall if she good all of her undergrad coursework done by the summer. The only way she was able to graduate so early with two majors was to because she had gotten credit for a number of intro/common core courses by taking them as AP courses in high school.

Which prompts me to say: To each his own. If you want to chill and enjoy more of the social aspects of the college experience, then follow Druff’s “chillax” advice. But if you are innately driven to try to “own” the world by the time you are 30, go for it! And for inspiration, listen to the very excellent podcast called “How I Built This” hosted by Guy Raz.

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

This is blatantly false. Colleges look at it, and it affects your weighted GPA a lot. If your GPA is below a 4.0, you're basically an idiot and not getting into a good school.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

This is blatantly false. Colleges look at it, and it affects your weighted GPA a lot. If your GPA is below a 4.0, you're basically an idiot and not getting into a good school.
    yeah they look at if you took AP courses and how you did and your actual grade in those classes matter to your weighted GPA, but the actual AP exam for placing out of courses means zero...

I think I took 6 APs, took one exam so I could get outta taking the actual final exam in high school but I wasn't about to send in any scores and miss out on those free As in college...

Comments

SPIT this: coge

MumblesBadly: Who paid your tuition and books for the extra courses you had to take to get those “free” As?

Load Metric
    Fuck all dat shit about APs and how to do it right fellas...

Just do a three minute video and all this could be yours!:

The Science Ambassador Scholarship is a full-ride scholarship for undergraduate women studying science, technology, engineering, or math, funded by Cards Against Humanity. To apply, applicants must submit a three minute video explaining a scientific topic they're passionate about. Applications are now open!

...and 2019's winner, of the Cards Against Humanity full-ride, women-only, scholarship is........Ms. Eva Smerekanych!:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If my kid can hack a half to a year off college with AP credits....more power to him.

At $25k per year, it’s worth it.

He can party on his own dime.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    If my kid can hack a half to a year off college with AP credits....more power to him.

What state university is he going to?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

What state university is he going to?
    Tough but fair...in Texas. However, most private schools around here will give you moolah to match the public’s

And some privates in town are total shit....

Load Metric
    don't know about those other schools, but I would have told her pick Cal Tech...

she could get a date there, maybe a even boyfriend for a little while
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Surprised my kid actually outdid that girl on some AP tests....although she crushed him on the math ones

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I taught at an Ivy League school as a visiting prof for a few years right out of PhD school, and while there had a student who was very goal oriented, wanted to attend a certain top notch grad school that specialized in a highly demanding field, and was working on completing a double major, with a foreign language minor thrown in for kicks, in only 3 years and one summer, as she already had a conditional acceptance at that grad school to start in the fall if she good all of her undergrad coursework done by the summer. The only way she was able to graduate so early with two majors was to because she had gotten credit for a number of intro/common core courses by taking them as AP courses in high school.

Which prompts me to say: To each his own. If you want to chill and enjoy more of the social aspects of the college experience, then follow Druff’s “chillax” advice. But if you are innately driven to try to “own” the world by the time you are 30, go for it! And for inspiration, listen to the very excellent podcast called “How I Built This” hosted by Guy Raz.

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this
    maybe we should start listening to you more. these peeps only know you for your awfulness and don't know you're secretly the amazing mumbles
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    School

Platinum
    Load Metric
    ill say this as far as who paid for those "free" As...I probably wouldn't have graduated any earlier if I decided to pass out of the classes I could have (and who knows if i woulda even gotten 4s on the AP exams...i mean fuck my calc teacher gave me a mercy C in high school...got to college and breezed through 4 semesters of math with straight As...i thanked that woman everyday for just beating our asses in high school...)...I might have been able to get a minor, which means absolutely nothing...however those "free" As allowed me to boost my GPA so I was able to graduate magna...

did that mean anything at the end of the day? got me...can't go back and see if I woulda gotten my first job without it or been accepted into grad school without it...but it sure the fuck didn't hurt my case in all of those things...

Load Metric
    Dr Mumbles.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    ill say this as far as who paid for those "free" As...I probably wouldn't have graduated any earlier if I decided to pass out of the classes I could have (and who knows if i woulda even gotten 4s on the AP exams...i mean fuck my calc teacher gave me a mercy C in high school...got to college and breezed through 4 semesters of math with straight As...i thanked that woman everyday for just beating our asses in high school...)...I might have been able to get a minor, which means absolutely nothing...however those "free" As allowed me to boost my GPA so I was able to graduate magna...

did that mean anything at the end of the day? got me...can't go back and see if I woulda gotten my first job without it or been accepted into grad school without it...but it sure the fuck didn't hurt my case in all of those things...
    My high school in El Paso was a total shit show...half my teachers only taught when it was review day....other than that it was read the text book and answer the questions at the end of the chapter.

I don’t even recall there being AP classes, between the race riots and rampant drug use it’s a miracle I got the hell out of there.

My team did win district in basketball though, football too....I kept the bench extra warm.

I too graduated magna and went on to grad school...did clep out of 9 hours of English which was nice...

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: CLEPing Outta English Classes/Wise Move Rep

Load Metric
    Listened just long enough to hear she was swim team.

Tell me more.

Public school kid lives in my neck of the woods got a half ride for 4 years at Harvard cause he could pitch. Finished this summer. Once you’re in you are a lock to graduate.

Another local Prep School kid made it Harvard Freshman year but might have been cut or hurt. Lost track

World is full of smart kids.

Platinum
    Load Metric

My high school in El Paso was a total shit show...half my teachers only taught when it was review day....other than that it was read the text book and answer the questions at the end of the chapter.

I don’t even recall there being AP classes, between the race riots and rampant drug use it’s a miracle I got the hell out of there.

My team did win district in basketball though, football too....I kept the bench extra warm.

I too graduated magna and went on to grad school...did clep out of 9 hours of English which was nice...
    that fucking blows, especially if you actually are trying to get something outta HS...I got lucky that I went to a good public school where the teachers gave a shit...

my calc teacher was an older lady, wasn't an overt ball buster but she wanted to make sure she got us prepared for being freshman in college the next year...never forget walking into my first college calc class and shitting a brick that I was gonna get fucking creamed...Aced the first test and never looked back...really regret not making a trip back to my high school and thanking her for having mercy on my soul and passing me with a C and for preparing me so well...

props on passing outta English...I shoulda done that one...who wants to waste all that time reading and writing fucking papers...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Listened just long enough to hear she was swim team.

Tell me more.

Public school kid lives in my neck of the woods got a half ride for 4 years at Harvard cause he could pitch. Finished this summer. Once you’re in you are a lock to graduate.

Another local Prep School kid made it Harvard Freshman year but might have been cut or hurt. Lost track

World is full of smart kids.
    you mean the other smart kids that take ap physics a, b, and c

Thread Information