Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Astros Sign Stealing

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The story went that Andrew Friedman was told sign stealing had been brought to new levels before the series and he did nothing. I may have posted something as it came out.

Dodgers will Dodger. No tears

wonder if no tears because the Dodgers also have something to hide?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Diamond
    Load Metric
    How many rings do the Yankees get huh? Fucking A.

Should be 28 rings ova hea......

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Cora's penalty will start at a year. Just read through the mlb report (spoiler: Cora is ALL OVER IT), and he's pretty much the point man on the whole deal, more so than Hinch for sure, and on multiple teams. At the very least, he won't get less than Hinch.
    Coras gonna get a life ban mark my words. He was the ring leader of this shit and continued it with Boston likely. It cuts to the same arguement used to ban hammer Pete Rose. Integrity of the game. Pete never bet against his team EVER (I’m sure if he had the evidence would’ve surfaced by now it’s been over 30yrs). Cora literally cheated to two rings in a row.

Side note it’s rumored the Nationals were literally sign hopping between five different sets ever random number of pitches to avoid what the Astros were doing so it was pretty much know wtf was going on and how by this fall completely.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    So the L.A. Dodgers were the real champions in 2017.

Houston Astros should be forced to surrender their trophy and all the world series rings since they cheated.

100% right!!! The penalty for that level of cheating has to be so severe that MLB managers are most likely sufficiently deterred to avoid trying such shenanigans in the future.
    Hunch supposedly broke the system on more then one occasion per reports but since he failed to go public or anything is why he got hammered for a year. Similarly the GM knew and did nothing about it. The case with both was they were scapegoated even though they weren’t actively involved they just allowed it to happen without doing anything other then trying to break the toys of the boys. Again I expect Cora could very well get the life ban and he probably should be. He was the brains behind the whole thing in Houston and Boston

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Cora's penalty will start at a year. Just read through the mlb report (spoiler: Cora is ALL OVER IT), and he's pretty much the point man on the whole deal, more so than Hinch for sure, and on multiple teams. At the very least, he won't get less than Hinch.
    Coras gonna get a life ban mark my words. He was the ring leader of this shit and continued it with Boston likely. It cuts to the same arguement used to ban hammer Pete Rose. Integrity of the game. Pete never bet against his team EVER (I’m sure if he had the evidence would’ve surfaced by now it’s been over 30yrs). Cora literally cheated to two rings in a row.

Side note it’s rumored the Nationals were literally sign hopping between five different sets ever random number of pitches to avoid what the Astros were doing so it was pretty much know wtf was going on and how by this fall completely.
    And once again I will point out that sign stealing is a basic part of the game. It’s the technical assist that took it too far. Perspective.

The Nationals this year knew what was up and had something like 5 sets of signs.

The Dodgers knew too but when you can’t be bothered to get some relief pitching why would you bother to step up your signs?

Dodgers lose and Nats win.

But yeah, Cora is going to the chair. It just isn’t on par with betting for or against your team. Flopping is for NBA.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

And once again I will point out that sign stealing is a basic part of the game. It’s the technical assist that took it too far. Perspective.

The Nationals this year knew what was up and had something like 5 sets of signs.

The Dodgers knew too but when you can’t be bothered to get some relief pitching why would you bother to step up your signs?

Dodgers lose and Nats win.

But yeah, Cora is going to the chair. It just isn’t on par with betting for or against your team. Flopping is for NBA.
    Not sure why people keep saying stupid shit like this. Stealing signs & what the Astros & Red Sox did is not in any way, shape or form similar to a baserunner deciphering the signs & trying to give the batter some information.

Don't you know & understand that MLB told every team not to do exactly this thing or the hammer would fall?

Like, seriously, they went out of their way to tell all the teams that play in the MLB that they were not to use any technology in this way to relay the signs to the batter so he can use this knowledge in real time. There was absolutely no grey area in the directive. None

On a side note the Red Sox & Cora have parted ways most likely ending his managerial &, possibly, coaching career.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Putting a rapid, directional spin on the baseball, while throwing it past a batter and to the catcher, is a basic part of the game. Using outside technology (i.e. vaseline, etc) to affect that rapid, directional spin, is expressly illegal and gets you tossed from the game and, I think, an auto 10 game suspension.

Load Metric
    Name:  imagesZIYI05X1.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  9.6 KB

Load Metric

Comments

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece: subtle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In reality, the Astros (and perhaps also the Red Sox) deserve their titles to be taken away for those years.

I never thought it would happen, and I wouldn't want the Dodgers to become champs by default that way. (Besides, it also wouldn't be fair to the ALCS loser to award the championship to the Dodgers).

Still, it's kinda BS that a team which cheated its way to a championship gets to still be considered champion of that year.

The fairest thing would be having no champion, but baseball would look terrible, so they'd never do that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In reality, the Astros (and perhaps also the Red Sox) deserve their titles to be taken away for those years.

I never thought it would happen, and I wouldn't want the Dodgers to become champs by default that way. (Besides, it also wouldn't be fair to the ALCS loser to award the championship to the Dodgers).

Still, it's kinda BS that a team which cheated its way to a championship gets to still be considered champion of that year.

The fairest thing would be having no champion, but baseball would look terrible, so they'd never do that.
    The NCAA has done that from time to time, and the NCAA is indeed a fucking joke.

Nobody's coming out ahead here.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    As punishment for her husband and the Houston Astros cheating, Kate Upton should have sex with the entire Los Angeles Dodgers roster.

Comments

DirtyErnie: Nice Load!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

The NCAA has done that from time to time, and the NCAA is indeed a fucking joke.

Nobody's coming out ahead here.
    I was at UMass when they went to the Final 4 with Coach Cal, and the Marcus Camby stuff invalidated their tournament wins entirely and took them off the books. Except, they kinda didn't, maybe an asterisk is added in some record books I guess, but the 1996 NCAA East Regional Champs banner never once came down from the Mullins Center rafters after it went up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hilarious that the “average” American can be distracted to the point where stealing signs occupies their time.
    Yet all around is crumbling.

Shout out to XFactor for keeping me smiling

Load Metric
    Carlos Beltran to step down as Mets manager (before he even manages one game) due to the sign stealing scandal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Carlos Beltran to step down as Mets manager (before he even manages one game) due to the sign stealing scandal.
    Some players are going to go down over this too. Bregman & Altuve have now been accused of wearing an electronic device that vibrated on their shoulder to signal what pitches were coming.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    just when you think the mets can't possibly fuck up any more than they already do...

then we come to this...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Some players are going to go down over this too. Bregman & Altuve have now been accused of wearing an electronic device that vibrated on their shoulder to signal what pitches were coming.
    To add to this, this makes it waaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaay more likely that they were able to do this on the road as well.

I 100% believe it as I was 100% convinced at the time that the Red Sox knew exactly what pitches were coming during their WS year.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Kinda feel bad for guys like Derek Shelton and Mike Matheny who took the managerial jobs offered to them in Pit and KC, and then all of a sudden 3 big market teams have openings.

Load Metric
    Name:  zzzzzz.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  43.5 KB

https://www.getmoresports.com/astros-news-possible-picture-jose-altuves-jersey-buzzer/

edit: That tweet, which has since been deleted, is supposedly from Carlos Beltran's niece according to the article I linked.

Comments

simpdog: wow if true
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 01-16-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Thread Information