Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Druff - The time has come to hire some mods

Platinum
    Load Metric

Druff - The time has come to hire some mods

Druff...

With great success comes people out of the woodwork trying to bring you down, as we have seen here recently. What started up as a little offshoot of DD has now completely taken over the community as the "it" forum, and while a free for all might have been acceptable 5 months ago it is clear that will not work with all the attention/traffic this forum has.

I know you want to do it all due to past differences on how to run former sites and what not, but with your current life situation and priorities that is just not possible anymore. I mean you are running a business here, whether you look at it like that or not, and long stretches where you are not around is just asking for trouble. Going away for 2 weeks disconnected from pretty much everything is just asking for problems and worthless faggots appearing is a guarantee. You are also pretty hit and miss otherwise with your presence in general, obviously due to family obligations. Other members who are key contributors aren't even around to thwart any scammer talk, and these piece of shit trolls are allowed to dominate the forum for days on end.

You already have good solid posters bailing until shit is fixed, not a good sign. I can't speak for others but know that when I see trash threads/accusations going unchecked for days it is a big turn off and makes me post less. There are plenty of posters here that could be trusted with the keys to the Ferrari, even on a part time basis. If you think kid/family are cutting into your time NOW, it is only going to get more demanding as the little jew grows up.

The inmates around here can't run the asylum without disastrous results, that has been proven many times over. Please take steps to rectify this situation before it gets out of hand.

I will be patiently waiting for the next few days in hope I get a response, as the CEO is on a little vacay.

Godspeed.

Load Metric
    1st vote for OSA

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    1st vote for OSA
    As long as he promises not to sticky any "Hottest Twinks" threads in a moment of weakness, I am on board.

Load Metric
    Crowe would be my first choice followed by BCR or Tony Bags. I would have suggested Steve-O but he seems to be too delicate for the job, can't have a guy walking away when moderating needs to be done.

Load Metric
    Won't happen.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Won't happen.
    Why not?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Won't happen.
    Why not?
    Because Todd is God.

Load Metric
    All that is needed is someone to prevent what happened earlier today with Gator. Just someone who can shut down someone who is cock bombing and do whatever cleanup is necessary. They should have no further involvement/powers.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Tony Bags or Steve-O gets my vote.

Load Metric
    Won't happen.

I wouldn't want any part of it, not that Druff is asking. I'm a screen-puncher, and unless Druff wanted about 6-8 dickheads snap-banned or sent to the Wall on every post, it wouldn't work. Crowe and Tony are both very chill guys, much better temperament than myself. That 4Bet thread wouldn't have made it to 3 posts after I read it. I don't see Druff giving the keys to anyone though, even though there are a number of guys that would do well.

Load Metric
    Druff...

With great success comes people out of the woodwork trying to bring you down, as we have seen here recently. What started up as a little offshoot of DD has now completely taken over the community as the "it" forum, and while a free for all might have been acceptable 5 months ago it is clear that will not work with all the attention/traffic this forum has.

I know you want to do it all due to past differences on how to run former sites and what not, but with your current life situation and priorities that is just not possible anymore. I mean you are running a business here, whether you look at it like that or not, and long stretches where you are not around is just asking for trouble. Going away for 2 weeks disconnected from pretty much everything is just asking for problems and worthless faggots appearing is a guarantee. You are also pretty hit and miss otherwise with your presence in general, obviously due to family obligations. Other members who are key contributors aren't even around to thwart any scammer talk, and these piece of shit trolls are allowed to dominate the forum for days on end.

You already have good solid posters bailing until shit is fixed, not a good sign. I can't speak for others but know that when I see trash threads/accusations going unchecked for days it is a big turn off and makes me post less. There are plenty of posters here that could be trusted with the keys to the Ferrari, even on a part time basis. If you think kid/family are cutting into your time NOW, it is only going to get more demanding as the little jew grows up.

The inmates around here can't run the asylum without disastrous results, that has been proven many times over. Please take steps to rectify this situation before it gets out of hand.

I will be patiently waiting for the next few days in hope I get a response, as the CEO is on a little vacay.

Godspeed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    1st vote for OSA

Why not?

Because Todd is God.
    Jewdonk already has that sn

experienced MOD needed

Vegas1369 obv
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    o/u on what time the cock bomber starts today?

Load Metric
    Druff, mod me up. I'll take care of all this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Crowe would be my first choice followed by BCR or Tony Bags. I would have suggested Steve-O but he seems to be too delicate for the job, can't have a guy walking away when moderating needs to be done.

If you removed Crowe from your first sentence I would agree.

Load Metric
    While I love reading these three posters posts, they would make terrible mods.

They are too involved in the site, and would quickly get accused of being unfair.

I think the following criteria makes sense:

Somebody who is an avid reader but doesn't jump into every debate.
    Someone who understands the community of characters and their unique personalities (been around awhile).
    Someone that understands what Druff is trying to accomplish.
    Somebody that lives in the Eastern two time zones.
    Somebody who is available on a regular basis (can keep an eye on forum at work).
    Somebody who understands or has used Forums before (vBulletin or phpBB).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    All that is needed is someone to prevent what happened earlier today with Gator. Just someone who can shut down someone who is cock bombing and do whatever cleanup is necessary. They should have no further involvement/powers.
    Todd is Gator.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

They are too involved in the site, and would quickly get accused of being unfair.

Somebody who is an avid reader but doesn't jump into every debate. - Check
    Someone who understands the community of characters and their unique personalities (been around awhile). - Check
    Someone that understands what Druff is trying to accomplish. - Check
    Somebody that lives in the Eastern two time zones. - Nope, Pacific
    Somebody who is available on a regular basis (can keep an eye on forum at work). - 50/50 Sometimes I have tons of availability and other times I have zero
    Somebody who understands or has used Forums before (vBulletin or phpBB). - Not as a mod but I'm a pretty quick study
    Since my name has been thrown around, I will address how I stack up to ABrown's criteria.

If nothing else, Druff could use someone (or someones) who could just remove spam and cock when he's not around.

Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Somebody who is an avid reader but doesn't jump into every debate. - Check
    Someone who understands the community of characters and their unique personalities (been around awhile). - Check
    Someone that understands what Druff is trying to accomplish. - Check
    Somebody that lives in the Eastern two time zones. - Nope, Pacific
    Somebody who is available on a regular basis (can keep an eye on forum at work). - 50/50 Sometimes I have tons of availability and other times I have zero
    Somebody who understands or has used Forums before (vBulletin or phpBB). - Not as a mod but I'm a pretty quick study
    Since my name has been thrown around, I will address how I stack up to ABrown's criteria.

If nothing else, Druff could use someone (or someones) who could just remove spam and cock when he's not around.
    +1 for Tony as mod.

Load Metric

A mod should also be able to enter a thread containing unsubstantiated financial wrong doings(or some other really scummy thing) & state a reasonable timeframe(30 mins is lots) to start providing some real proof or the thread will be closed until Todd can see it & re-open the discussion when he's there to mod it himself.

Is it really reasonable to post an accusation with no proof whatsoever & expect the person being accused to fill in ALL the details for you just because you're curious? We all know that 4Bet wasn't doing this out of curiousity or to drive traffic as he states otherwise he would have posted the same thread about Micon on DD where they NEED the traffic. He eventually did but again, we all know, this was in a joking manner & even told him he didn't have to respond.

I was very disappointed with Todd's responses early in the thread. He just went on the offensive to question Micon's credibility & rip him a new one instead of asking for proof. Any kind of proof. If he provides some proof then obviously let the discussion continue. Closing a thread because someone refuses to make any attempt to provide proof is not censorship. After just enduring a 30+ page thread where everyone was at first asking, then begging & finally trolling for proof from SlimT that never materialized, you'd think this would be the first question. It was for any reasonable person in both instances. You'd think the first would be a learning experience or maybe he just didn't realize it's potential to mushroom the way it did being in transit & all.

BTW, I agree TonyB would be a no brainer.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 08-05-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information